Post Reply 8252 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
  • Laura
    Commander

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by Laura » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Last gig: Godflesh last night @ Metro. Amazing, amazing gig...the only other time I saw them was at Hole in the Sky (fest) in Bergen in 2011 and I was doubtful if *that* gig could be matched in terms of performance & overall setting/experience, but I think it actually did & then some. Chicago may be a very different kind of place than the (in my view) "fantasy," un"real" city that is Bergen....but man, oh man - to see that powerful performance in one of my very favorite venues (where I've been going for 30 years) in my "sweet home" of Chicago... Yep - it was great. Plus, I was able to mosy up to second row, so it was great being so close. A++ evening all around.

Next gig: Metal Alliance a week from Friday at House of Blues featuring just about the ultimate extreme metal (single night) line-up for my interest in such things: Behemoth, Goatwhore, 1349 & Inquisition. :bmhorns: :twisted: :beerhorns: :smoking:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm

AllisonC1978 wrote:Last Gig Children of Bodom with Tyr and Death Angel..tomorrow Night Iced Earth and Sabaton in Detroit....

I really liked that venue in Detroit! What a great crowd!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Last gig: Carcass, Gorguts, Noisem. House of Blues Chicago
    Next: Behemoth, 1349, Goatwhore. House of Blues, Chicago
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:46 pm

onenight wrote:Last gig: Carcass, Gorguts, Noisem. House of Blues Chicago

Sweet re you going to the Chi leg of Metal Alliance - hope to see you there. :heavydrink: I know at least a few other 70K friends who will be there. I just checked the HoB site & good god, that's an early gig (I assume it's "all ages")...doors open at 4:10 pm (wut??) and show starts at 5:40 pm (double wut?)...since I wanna see all the bands...I plan on hoofing it over right after work at 5pm - should be there by 5:15pm. :death:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 pm

How was Carcass? BTW I really like your profile pic
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Last gig: Gamma Ray, Rhapsody of Fire and Stormwarrior in Nürnberg yesterday.
    Next gig: Serenity, Beyond the Bridge and Midriff today in Hamburg
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Last show: Revamp / Sabaton / Iced Earth. I didn't like that much the setlist for Iced Earth, plus the lead guitar looked like he was sleeping the whole show, but it was still good. Sabaton was the best part I'd say. They did an awesome show, and let 3 childrens (11 years old and younger) get on the stage for the last song, and gave them drum stick, guitar pick, etc. It was really nice. One of those kid was right next the me during the show and just seeing Sabaton was like seeing god for him. Image how he felt when he got on the stage with them !

Next show: well nothing planed for now, worst case it's Rockfest on june 20-21
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 am

Speedy wrote:Last gig: Gamma Ray, Rhapsody of Fire and Stormwarrior in Nürnberg yesterday.
    Next gig: Serenity, Beyond the Bridge and Midriff today in Hamburg

super jealous :(

onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Laura wrote:

Sweet re you going to the Chi leg of Metal Alliance - hope to see you there. :heavydrink: I know at least a few other 70K friends who will be there. I just checked the HoB site & good god, that's an early gig (I assume it's "all ages")...doors open at 4:10 pm (wut??) and show starts at 5:40 pm (double wut?)...since I wanna see all the bands...I plan on hoofing it over right after work at 5pm - should be there by 5:15pm. :death:

Wow, I didn't realize it started that early. I hope I make it in time. I think there are 5 bands, I may miss the first one.
    Hope to see you there!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:

How was Carcass? BTW I really like your profile pic

Carcass kicked ass! I thought it was better than the cruise. Gorguts also put on a good show.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Last gig: Serenity, Beyond the Bridge and Midriff in Hamburg yesterday. Beyond the Bridge was especially good. :wank:
    Next gig: PPM Fest in Mons, Belgium today, tomorrow and Sunday.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:21 am

Tonight: Revamp/Sabaton/Iced Earth
    Tomorrow night: Metal Alliance Tour (Behemoth/Goatwhore/etc)
    Sunday night: Nile

then off for a 5-week gig in beautiful Natchez, Mississippi!
  • TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

by TheSalamanizer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:58 am

Saw Behemoth and Goatwhore on Thursday. I could have seen the Iced Earth show, or I could have seen Vektor in a tiny club, but I chose Behemoth.

Paganfest is the next one up!!! :viking:
    2015 - cabin 9375
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 am

Last show: Lacuna Coil/Kyng/Eve To Adam/Cilver past Friday
    Next show: Y&T tonight
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:00 am

Next up is Live After Death (Iron Maiden Tribute)

and then Paganfest!!!!!

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 am

Last show: Y&T last night
    Next show: Double header on Friday: Tesseract/Intronaut/Cloudkicker early, Graveyard/Kadavar late.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• strha
    Crewman

by strha » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:40 pm

BTH-2012
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Last: Riverside & Votum
    Next: Metal Church & Toxik
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:17 am

Tuup wrote:Last: Riverside & Votum
    Next: Metal Church & Toxik

I would love to see Metal Church again... they killed it when i saw them a month or two ago!

• Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:50 pm

The first time I saw them live was actually on 70K. Their show on the pooldeck was the best show of that edition in my opinion. :deathhorns:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:34 am

Tonight: The Desert Fest, just to see the mighty EAGLE TWIN!
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:03 am

Last gig: 2 nights ago - Metal Alliance Tour with Black Crown Initiate, Inquisition, 1349, Goatwhore, & Behemoth at House of Blues, Chicago. As I said in some earlier posts when this line-up was announced - this tour was pretty much the ultimate line-up as far as my tastes & interests go in the "extreme metal" category. I knew in advance that it was going to be nearly five hours (started at 5:40 pm & ended at 10:30 pm), so I decided to buy one of the few reserved seats (there are only a few dozen - basically a row of bar stools that on are either side of the stage (perpendicular to it) looking down over the pit 3-4 steps below). The view is fantastic - close to the stage & completely unobstructed, & you don't have to deal with being sandwiched in & jostled about standing at a crowded sold-out gig) and I decided it was worth it for this tour. Some local friends & a 70k friend from out of town (onenight) were nearby by the bar a few feet away so that was cool. Anyway...outstanding performances by all...especially Goatwhore & Behemoth who I'd seen before 3x each. As far as sheer heavy ferocity & power (on record & live), both are fairly unmatched in my view. To me, they have the magic mojo, the magic (uber good) juju :P ...performers & performances like that are nothing short of highly exciting, energizing & exhilarating (again - from my perspective :beerwink: ). After Friday, both Behemoth & Goatwhore remain high on my favorite bands, music, & live performance lists.

I probably should have gone home after that since I worked yesterday 9-5, but a few metal friends I've known for several years now (including the guy who convinced me to go to Wacken in 2009 & therefore is largely responsible for getting me into metal/music fest mode :cool: ) were headed to an awesome metal bar in my neighborhood, so went there for about in hour. The bar has 12-14 screens (showing metal vids every time I've been there)...when we got there they were playing a Dissection DVD (which was great as I'd never seen nor heard them), and then when that was over, they put on the Emperor live at Wacken DVD on (which I own)...so that was awesome & the icing on the cake.

Next gig: KVELERTAK, Gojira, & Mastodon on May 8 at the Riviera Theater. Very excited for this tour since I'm a huge Kvelertak fan (will be 4th time seeing them), and what I've listened to of Gojira & Mastodon, I like very, very much. The Riv is a sweet, historic theater with a balcony, so I'm going to get there early & aim to get a seat in the first or second row. :)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Last gig: Jenni Vartiainen @ Virgin Oil, Helsinki
    Next gig: Epica @ 013, Tilburg (NL)
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 am

Last: Metal Church & Toxik
    Next: Accu§er, Suidakra & Perzonal War
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:02 am

Last shows: Intronaut/Cloudkicker early Friday. Graveyard/Kadavar/Bombus late Friday
    Metal Alliance tour (Behemoth/1349/Goatwhore/Inquisition) on Saturday
    Next show: Alter Bridge/Monster Truck on Thursday.

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Last: Revamp, Sabaton, Iced Earth
    Next: Ghost
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:49 pm

2 concerts 3 days apart coming up

Paganfest may 7
    Iced earth may 10

I have been wanting to see Chthonic live for way too long. I missed them when they came through with arch enemy. 1 week Wednesday I will be going nuts for them.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Last gig: Desertfest 27/04 to see Eagle Twin.

Next gig: Incineration Fest 10/05 to see Carach Angren.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:26 am

Next:

GLORYHAMMER (Thursday) GLORYHAMMER (Friday) and GLORYHAMMER (Saturday) :D

Then for me nothing at this point until ACCEPT in November.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:51 am

Seems Stream of Passion is playing an acoustic gig in Tilburg tomorrow afternoon, so the Epica gig might not be my next gig after all. :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MissyMisfit
    Crewman

by MissyMisfit » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Last night CombiChrist Thursday night Iced Earth
    2011- Cabin #3098 2014 #8596
    2012- Cabin #3521 2015 #7200
    2013- Cabin #2599
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:26 am

Next: Paganfest TONIGHT!!
    For The Horde!
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:Next: Paganfest TONIGHT!!

I might be there too ! It's still not 100% sure. Hit me up if you see me.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 am

went to Paganfest on Monday and saw Chthonic, Turisas, and Korpiklaani

tonight I am seeing Primal Fear!

then Sevendust next week!

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 am

Last Gig: Paganfest USA Monday
    Next Gig: Primal Fear tonite
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:47 am

I sense redundancy here ^^
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:20 am

Last gig:
    PPM Fest, Mons, Belgium 18.-20.04. Highlights included Pagan's Mind, In Extremo, Triosphere, Rage, MaYaN, Vanden Plas.

Next gig:
    Fuel for Disaster and Rudhira in Trondheim tonight. Rising Dream were supposed to headline, but one of the band member got the flu, so the two local support bands decided to do the show anyway.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 pm

MikeB wrote:I sense redundancy here ^^

Well, they are married :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Yeah I knew they were together, just looking a the username gives a good hint, but I was not aware they are married. I may be late but still, congrats !
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:31 pm

MikeB wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Yeah I knew they were together, just looking a the username gives a good hint, but I was not aware they are married. I may be late but still, congrats !

It's pretty funny when they post one after the other :mrgreen: Not sure they even realized they did that hahaha
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
Post Reply 8252 posts