Post Reply 233 posts
All Hands On Deck!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: All Hands On Deck!

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:57 am

mooyagi wrote:Awesome! Looking forward to it :headbanger:

Well, you'll be pleased to hear (and Kevin will cringe) that I started sculpting out the basic solo at work last night and didn't even realize it until I added it to the midi drums/guitar/bass that I have as a framework that it sounds totally power metal :shock: Which is really strange cuz the song isn't power metal at all (I couldn't sing that style if I tried I don't think) and it certainly wasn't by design but, to my ear at least, it sure sounds like it. Might also be partly because all guitars sound like keyboards in midi but I think it's more than that. I guess I'll find out once I start laying down the real guitar tracks but... well here, you tell me.

Doesn't this sound power metal-ish?

(Spoiler Alert - if you'd rather wait for the whole thing to be finished, don't follow the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Ng8veWtOk
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:23 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Awesome! Looking forward to it :headbanger:

Well, you'll be pleased to hear (and Kevin will cringe) that I started sculpting out the basic solo at work last night and didn't even realize it until I added it to the midi drums/guitar/bass that I have as a framework that it sounds totally power metal :shock: Which is really strange cuz the song isn't power metal at all (I couldn't sing that style if I tried I don't think) and it certainly wasn't by design but, to my ear at least, it sure sounds like it. Might also be partly because all guitars sound like keyboards in midi but I think it's more than that. I guess I'll find out once I start laying down the real guitar tracks but... well here, you tell me.

Doesn't this sound power metal-ish?

(Spoiler Alert - if you'd rather wait for the whole thing to be finished, don't follow the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Ng8veWtOk

The chord pattern is kind of different to what I would class as power metal but when the lead comes in it does have a power metal vibe to it.

The midi can be a little harsh to the ears but I like it though!

What are you using to put it together? I use midi a lot although I overlay the tracks with virtual instruments taking away the raw midi edge. I'm kind of tempted to give this a stab since I'm not doing anything.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Ravenlord wrote:The chord pattern is kind of different to what I would class as power metal but when the lead comes in it does have a power metal vibe to it.

The midi can be a little harsh to the ears but I like it though!

What are you using to put it together? I use midi a lot although I overlay the tracks with virtual instruments taking away the raw midi edge. I'm kind of tempted to give this a stab since I'm not doing anything.

Oh yeah, I was definitely only referring to the sound of the leads and I agree, those instrument sounds are gawdawful lol but a great composing tool nonetheless. I'm using Guitar Pro 5 for the midi stuff and then I use Adobe Audition as my multi-track DAW but like I said above, likely to do the final tracks for this at my buddy John's as he's a far more talented and experienced producer than I am and his studio is Mac based vs. my PC playground. He's got lots of great gear too ;)

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Nice work!! I'll be singing "All hands on Deck" as maybe Manowar would sing it.. lol

.....definatley a THRASH song....I freakin love it
    ROB!!...You've out done yourself....again! :o)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:40 pm

So, first the excuses...

- This is about as rough as a demo gets. Recorded all but the drums today just to give drummer friend Hugh and studio bud Johnny something to use as a reference

- A couple noticeable mistakes on the bass track and it's performed on a crappy old bass of mine as opposed to the nice 5 string I'm borrowing for studio use

- Both rhythm guitar tracks are essentially first takes so are very far from super tight/polished performances

- Only began actually practicing the solo last night so it's nowhere nearup to speed and there are many missed notes throughout both leads (did 2 takes and included both just to cover up how bad each was on it's own haha)

- Haven't really sang so much as a note in about 4 months and these were done pretty much first take so they're a bit of a joke. I'm sure you'll cringe as much if not more than I did lol

Having said all that, it's a major update compared to what you've all heard so far and, as you know, I'm pretty much shameless so have no problems with any of you hearing it at this early stage. Critique the performances if you like but, as I said, all really rough, unrehearsed takes. I would like feedback on the general structure and such though as this is pretty much what I'm going with for the final version.

One request: The link is set to private so plz don't post to facebook or elsewhere as I'll post it publicly once the proper, final version is complete.

Don't turn it too loud, some of those vocals/yells can be painful ;) (in a bad way)

*edit* - Although obvious, I guess I should add... SPOILER ALERT - If you prefer only to hear final copy, polished versions of songs, DO NOT follow the link below :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFULwoPAss
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Had to lose the last 2 verses of lyrics as they made the song too long and repetitive. Also made some edits since last post. Here's the updated lyrics for now:

I had a dream and in that dream I died - Death took me over to the other side
    Glimpse of Valhalla - I just sat back n' sighed - So THIS is heaven - (hah!) I guess the bible lied

3000 motherfuckers dressed in black - 4 corners of the heavy metal globe and back
    Best of the best guitarists all attacked - Riffage to die for and 50 Marshall stacks

Backstage was everywhere and quite insane - Deck hand or captain metal all the same
    No room for egos or pretentious fame - The muster drill began and did proclaim

All (All) Hands (Hands) On (On) Deck! - Majesty of the Seas is set to sail tonight
    All (All) Hands (Hands) On (On) Deck! – Waves crashing on all sides - We hail Poseidon’s might
    All (All) Hands (Hands) On (On) Deck! - Loot, rape and pillage (Hey!) – Our plunder is our right
    All Hands On Deck!

Your Boat Sucks!

I had a dream and in that dream I died - Death brought me back to life, my paradise denied
    Taste of Valhalla - I broke down and I cried - So that was heaven – Please kill me turn back the tide

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:48 am

gnoff wrote:Can see pics, can't hear audio

Can't imagine why bro. Working for me at home and here at work and has worked for others.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:04 am

gnoff wrote:wierd, tried with both IE and Firefox

edit:
    From works I can hear audio too, though only had time to check it, have to run, listen later

At work is older version of IE and Wind. Vista, at home new versions of Firefox and IE under Wind 7

I have windows 7 at home and use firefox. I doubt it's OS or Browser version related. Are you saying you were able to hear other pages on youtube at home but just not this one? That would blow my mind as it's just a .wmv file made with windows movie maker which comes with windows 7. Guessing I should have rendered it as an mpeg though. Wasn't really paying attention. And wow, on these tiny speakers here at work, that vocal track just obliterates everything else. Thinking I should spare you guys that pain and do a remix tomorrow and bring those WAY down.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:38 am

Deleted that wmv file to spare anyone else the same problem and to do a quick repair on the vocal track situation after work

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 am

Not sure if Gnoff will be able to hear this but it should be a bit gentler on the ears of the rest of ya than the previous mix ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMH7FYdj9zg

• STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 pm

I like it, I would like to have the vocals more easily understood.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:38 pm

STACH100 wrote:I like it, I would like to have the vocals more easily understood.

I don't wanna set the bar too high on the vocals for ya as we are talking about ME singing here but I can promise they'll get much better. Like I said, first time singing in months and first time singing these lyrics after just hearing them in my head for the past month. Add to that all the tech improvements the final take will undergo (nice reverb and other effects etc) and they should be pretty discernible.

Glad ya like it so far. Thnx for commenting! :beerwink:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:49 pm

viathyn wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    viathyn wrote:By the way, All Hands on Deck sounds pretty wicked man!

Coming from you that means a lot. Certainly nothing near the epic masterpieces that you seem to be able to produce the way I produce forum posts :P

Hoping you hear the same potential in it as I do despite how god awful rough it is at this early stage haha

You flatter me, but keep in mind these 'epic materpieces' involve three other very adept musicians, I'm not going solo on them!

I'm digging the harmonized guitar licks smattered here and there in the song. Good use of multiple tracks! And, even though the vocals could probably use the most work when compared to the other components of the song, I kinda like the gutteral delivery. The call-and-response "All (All) Hands (Hands) On (On) Deck" is a good idea. Also, it's not nearly as rough as you're 'buttering' it up to be. Looking forward to hearing the polished one! Let me know if you need some sweeps in there somewhere :P

Yeah, there's actually a fair bit more harmony written into the solo than what one can easily hear but they're just not jumping out the way I'd hoped at this point. It's my first time writing/recording with my 7 string (will be adding 5 string bass to later recordings as well) and my attempts to use different harmony complimenting lines on each of 3 guitars as well as bass during the lead section isn't quite working out as I'd hoped. More experimentation to come.

As for the call and response thing, I'm hoping the response part will be a full chorus sounding like a thousand voices but have yet to figure out how I'm gonna accomplish that (I have one interesting idea but need to talk to my studio friend about it first).

I'd love to have you add some shred to this but I think you'll be on vacation for the rest of the time I plan to spend on this. It will likely be complete before you get back. If it gets held up for any reason though, maybe we can figure something out.

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Hey Rob,

I hope you don't mind but I was bored today and ended up putting together a power metal version of your song in midi as something to do. :D

It's extremely generic and I don't expect anyone will like it. My sincere apologies for ruining your song.... :lol:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Hey Rob,
    I hope you don't mind but I was bored today and ended up putting together a power metal version of your song in midi as something to do. :D
    It's extremely generic and I don't expect anyone will like it. My sincere apologies for ruining your song.... :lol:

show it :)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:46 pm

last_candle wrote:

+1!!

Don't mind at all, more flattered that you'd take the time to have some fun with it. The lyrics and structure are still changing/evolving on my end but I'd love to hear what you've done with what's been posted so far. I'd rather hear it with real instruments of course but if it's as far as you plan to take it, please post!! :cheers:

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:54 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

+1!!

Don't mind at all, more flattered that you'd take the time to have some fun with it. The lyrics and structure are still changing/evolving on my end but I'd love to hear what you've done with what's been posted so far. I'd rather hear it with real instruments of course but if it's as far as you plan to take it, please post!! :cheers:

I haven't really thought about recording. But I wouldn't get your hopes up... :D

I'll throw it up here somehow soon enough.

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:13 pm

OK, well naturally this one goes out to Kevin :beerwink: - All Hands On Deck (with a hint of power metal) :cool:

*Track Removed - Send me a PM if you are interested in hearing it

Of course all credit goes to rob since it was the original that inspired this. Hopefully someone will get a kick out of it...
    Last edited by Ravenlord on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Haha! Those are some great midi sounds sir! Not really the 'same' song though as it sounds like it's mostly based on the riff that he solo is played over and some other similar sounding ones. But that may be my ears playing tricks on me. Very cool though. I need to learn how to add better midi sounds to my library as that sounds way better than the ones I currently have access to. Well done man!

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:48 am

I agree. The changes are fairly significant amking it sound quite different although the lyrics should still fit into the verses and chorus.

It was a fun little project and I'm glad you liked it!

p.s. All of my midi is run through virtual instruments which is quite a step up from the standard midi sounds. But doing a whole song with virtual instruments can be pretty strenuous on a system. For most it's better to just record the stuff.

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:32 am

that sounds pretty good! the last time I listened to some midi-sounds was like a decade ago...and i therefore wouldn't have expected the song to sound that good
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Marietje66
    Petty Officer

by Marietje66 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:55 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Glad ya like 'em. The words part of the equation has always been my stronger suit and have always written most, if not all of the lyrics for everything I've been involved in.

The challenge is bringing the rest of the ingredients up to a similar level :lol:

I have noticed before (and enjoyed!) that your affinity with language shines through in a lot of your posts. Anyway, all hands up for your creation! Let's see if we can make it the cruise-anthem for years (and years and years) to come
    Everybody is unique, except for me.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Marietje66 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Glad ya like 'em. The words part of the equation has always been my stronger suit and have always written most, if not all of the lyrics for everything I've been involved in.

The challenge is bringing the rest of the ingredients up to a similar level :lol:

I have noticed before (and enjoyed!) that your affinity with language shines through in a lot of your posts. Anyway, all hands up for your creation! Let's see if we can make it the cruise-anthem for years (and years and years) to come

Thanks Marietje! I could spew out lyrics all day long for weeks on end if needed. Now if only I could play drums lol... My buddy who I was in a band with in the 90's came out to the studio to record the drums yesterday but wasn't able to provide the required performance. Now I'm shopping for a drummer again. Hopefully this won't delay the whole thing too terribly long like last time but I'm definitely paying for my cruise and flight first so I'll have to see what I can do :|

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am

Quite awesome I must say, and not just because I'm in the song :lol:

I look forward to the finished product.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • xkaliber
    Oiler

by xkaliber » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:07 pm

i believe that it will come better if you use the phrase All Hands on Deck!
    the way DragonLordJones suggest but instead of the crowd to be after the main Vocalist
    to be as a background sound like that:
    All Hands on Deck!
    Majesty of the Seas is set to sail tonight (all hands on deck)
    All Hands on Deck!
    We're pullin into your port and it's a scary sight (all hands on deck)
    All Hands on Deck!
    Loot, rape and pillage cause it's our duty free right (all hands on deck)
    All Hands on Deck!
    Your - Boat - Sucks!

as in a splatter movie you would hear the screams of zombies and those who are being slain (happy thoughts)
    in the background while you hear the dialog of the main characters....
    i hope that what i said it will help... cause i can't wait to hear the finished version of the song....
    let's shout hooray for those who wrote and inspired that song....
    let's hear a hooray for those who rode the majesty in that virgin voyage.
    Get your motor running
    Head out on the highway
    Looking for adventure
    In whatever comes our way
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:32 pm

My buddy was not able to muster the chops required to perform the drums as needed so, once again, I'm paying someone to do it right. Took some time and did some research and am hoping to get the results I crave. Good thing about the guy I went with is, if I'm not happy, I don't pay and he's very open and receptive to input/changes etc so I'm looking forward to hearing what he comes up with over the next week or so.

Also, in researching the bands that are opening for Destruction and Heathen here in a couple weeks, I think I found the closest thing I've heard yet to the metal vocal style I feel I have in me and hope to succeed at extracting the best from during this recording process. If you haven't already, check these guys out:

Warbeast

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:39 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:My buddy was not able to muster the chops required to perform the drums as needed so, once again, I'm paying someone to do it right. Took some time and did some research and am hoping to get the results I crave. Good thing about the guy I went with is, if I'm not happy, I don't pay and he's very open and receptive to input/changes etc so I'm looking forward to hearing what he comes up with over the next week or so.

Also, in researching the bands that are opening for Destruction and Heathen here in a couple weeks, I think I found the closest thing I've heard yet to the metal vocal style I feel I have in me and hope to succeed at extracting the best from during this recording process. If you haven't already, check these guys out:

Warbeast

Over all this is simply AWESOME...........aaaaaaaand LOVE the new sig baby! ;) :cheers:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:My buddy was not able to muster the chops required to perform the drums as needed so, once again, I'm paying someone to do it right. Took some time and did some research and am hoping to get the results I crave. Good thing about the guy I went with is, if I'm not happy, I don't pay and he's very open and receptive to input/changes etc so I'm looking forward to hearing what he comes up with over the next week or so.

Warbeast

Warbeast is a great band, seen them play a bunch being there from Ft Worth and some old buddies of mine. Definately check them out, ripping guitars and good speed thrash TEXAS style.
    http://youtu.be/0vZ8TNp3Ub0
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:43 am

TexasMetalhead wrote:Warbeast is a great band, seen them play a bunch being there from Ft Worth and some old buddies of mine. Definately check them out, ripping guitars and good speed thrash TEXAS style.

This sounds like a less silly version of Gwar - ala Scumdogs of the Universe ERA, vocally it's almost exact. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 pm

KevinP wrote:
    TexasMetalhead wrote:Warbeast is a great band, seen them play a bunch being there from Ft Worth and some old buddies of mine. Definately check them out, ripping guitars and good speed thrash TEXAS style.

This sounds like a less silly version of Gwar - ala Scumdogs of the Universe ERA, vocally it's almost exact. :mrgreen:

Isn't it ridiculous that one can actually make out every word he says? What kind of metal is THAT? :shock: ;) :lol:

• NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Isn't it ridiculous that one can actually make out every word he says? What kind of metal is THAT? :shock: ;) :lol:

Epic Power Metal!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:16 pm

NP: rough mix of final tracks

vocals were a LOT of fun to do :D

can't wait to post the final product :headbanger:

hopefully before the end of the week :beerwink:

If any of our resident regulars have photo/video editing skills along the lines of those Taka displayed when he made this: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=182341888470311, please PM me as I'd like to throw something relatively simple but decent together to accompany the youtube post once the final mix n' mastering are complete. Thnx

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 am

Excellent news! Can't wait to hear it Rob!

I'm not currently set up for video editing, nor have I done any in a good few years. But looking at Taka's video, I would say it was made with an all-in-one video program considering the way the photos flick through with a repetitive effect. Not sure how he made the intro though.

On a quick google www.vuvox.com or www.flixtime.com might do the job for free (not entirely sure)

I used Animoto.com before but for a full song you gotta pay.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:27 am

For those that care, I apologize for the delay and lack of updates as I'd hoped to be done by now.

As it turned out, my buddy whose studio I've been working in had the drummer of his band quit near the end of the week we were working through in June so things got hung up and we had to go almost a month without accomplishing anything together. During that time, I decided to face the fact that my soloing wasn't quite where I wanted it to be in order to do justice to the rest of the song so have enlisted the help of a friend whose contribution should be coming over the course of the next month or so. I got over to the studio last night and we cleaned up a few bits that weren't quite what I wanted and now are just waiting for the leads before final mix.

Thanks for your patience. I believe you'll find it well worth the wait but will refrain from saying too much until you can judge for yourselves.

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:For those that care, I apologize for the delay and lack of updates as I'd hoped to be done by now.

As it turned out, my buddy whose studio I've been working in had the drummer of his band quit near the end of the week we were working through in June so things got hung up and we had to go almost a month without accomplishing anything together. During that time, I decided to face the fact that my soloing wasn't quite where I wanted it to be in order to do justice to the rest of the song so have enlisted the help of a friend whose contribution should be coming over the course of the next month or so. I got over to the studio last night and we cleaned up a few bits that weren't quite what I wanted and now are just waiting for the leads before final mix.

Thanks for your patience. I believe you'll find it well worth the wait but will refrain from saying too much until you can judge for yourselves.

thanks for the update Rob ... :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Yeah hurry it up will ya? :P

Can't wait to hear it, man! :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:Yeah hurry it up will ya? :P

Can't wait to hear it, man! :headbanger:

who are you? the A&R man???

"It's great,we love ya babe"- Anthrax-"Imitation of Life"

:D
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Completed version with tacky video due to be uploaded and released for public consumption before xmas 2011 (Western Canada time at least haha)

Here's the final edit of lyrics to wet the appetites...

I had a dream and in that dream I died
    Death took me over to the other side
    Glimpse of Valhalla – My beaten soul replied
    So THIS is heaven Hah! I guess the bible lied

2000 motherfuckers dressed in black
    4 corners of the heavy metal globe and back
    Best of the best guitarists all attacked
    Riffage to die for and 50 Marshall stacks

No room for egos or pretentious fame
    Deck hand or captain metal all the same
    With fists and horns held high - The real world in flames
    The muster drill began and did proclaim

All Hands On Deck! – Majesty of the Seas ... is set to sail tonight
    All Hands On Deck! – Smashing our way thru waves - We hail Poseidon’s might
    All Hands On Deck! – Party, loot, rape and pillage (Hey!) – Our plunder is our right
    All Hands On Deck! - Your Boat Sucks!

solos

I had a dream and in that dream I died
    Death brought me back to life, my paradise denied
    Farewell Valhalla - I raised my head and I cried
    Long live true metal and the nights we left behind!

Your Boat Sucks!

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Nice! can't wait to see the video and hear the final version! :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain