Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1
Behemoth - Back doing shows in October!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

Behemoth - Back doing shows in October!

by Bentz! » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:22 am

mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Behemoth - Back doing shows in October!

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 pm

That would be incredible. I'm guessing that if UMC would want them on broad, Andy and company may wait until Nergal does a few shows to see how he can manage.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm of the opinion that they are easy enough to see on tour in just about every city, so they are not really needed onbroad. I'd prefer they stick with bands that never come to the US, have limited touring plans here and/or don't hit large segments of the country.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:08 pm

This might be a good recovery gig for Nergal, although I can't imagine being cooped up on a ship for 4 days would be that great for the immune system eh?
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:10 pm

So you would take a power metal band that never tours the US over Behemoth? I'll take Behemoth. :D
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Deathbringer wrote:So you would take a power metal band that never tours the US over Behemoth? I'll take Behemoth. :D

+1
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:40 am

KevinP wrote:I'm of the opinion that they are easy enough to see on tour in just about every city, so they are not really needed onbroad. I'd prefer they stick with bands that never come to the US, have limited touring plans here and/or don't hit large segments of the country.

I support this. A lot of people seem to like seeing the same bands over and over which I find strange. I always pick a band I haven't seen before over any that I have.

Hmm, we agreed on something.... Do I taste Vegemite? :shock:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:51 am

I just want Nergal to bring his hot girlfriend for some extra eye candy.
    Yeah, that's a tame picture, but I didn't want to take too much time looking for a sexy pic at work.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I'm of the opinion that they are easy enough to see on tour in just about every city, so they are not really needed onbroad. I'd prefer they stick with bands that never come to the US, have limited touring plans here and/or don't hit large segments of the country.

I support this. A lot of people seem to like seeing the same bands over and over which I find strange. I always pick a band I haven't seen before over any that I have.

Hmm, we agreed on something.... Do I taste Vegemite? :shock:

No just sound logic :mrgreen:

Bentz! wrote:I just want Nergal to bring his hot girlfriend for some extra eye candy.

I heard she pulled a reverse Newt Gingrich and they broke up while he was in rehab

Deathbringer wrote:So you would take a power metal band that never tours the US over Behemoth? I'll take Behemoth. :D

Not sure how you can to that conclusion. :roll: While it would be fun to watch Laura blush and foam at the mouth over Negral, I'd still rather have them use that spot for a different death/black band.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:51 am

KevinP wrote:

Not sure how you can to that conclusion. :roll: While it would be fun to watch Laura blush and foam at the mouth over Negral, I'd still rather have them use that spot for a different death/black band.

It wasn't a 'conclusion', just posing a hypothetical for you :P

You have to pick one of the options provided. This is how the game is played :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:39 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:[It wasn't a 'conclusion', just posing a hypothetical for you :P

It was rhetorical question, so didn't bother to answer :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Bentz! wrote:I just want Nergal to bring his hot girlfriend for some extra eye candy.
    Yeah, that's a tame picture, but I didn't want to take too much time looking for a sexy pic at work.

:shock: :shock:

blonde gir.... I mean... Behemoth +39 other bands
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 pm

KevinP wrote:

I heard she pulled a reverse Newt Gingrich and they broke up while he was in rehab.
    If that's the case, the next Behemoth album should be riddled with love songs! Behemoth style, obviously.
    sherivengeance
    Crewman

by sherivengeance » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:48 am

shaneos wrote:This might be a good recovery gig for Nergal, although I can't imagine being cooped up on a ship for 4 days would be that great for the immune system eh?

That's a really good point. Maybe 2013?
    So good that they're back though! Can't wait for them to return to Oz, i've seen them both times they've been here- their live shows are UNREAL.
    2013 Wishlist: Amorphis (again, again!) / Dimmu Borgir / The Amenta / Mercenary / Nile / Behemoth
    2012 70K Survivor #3547 / Baroness of the Corona
    "Hey Ladies! Ever wanted to F@#$ an Aussie?"
    "F@#$ oath CUNT!"
    -Australia Day, 1/27/2012
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:19 am

Great to hear Nergal is on the mend. As much as I love Behemoth and think they would be amazing for the cruise - I agree with those who mentioned the immune system issue. Remember how many of us got sick after the cruise? That was my 4th cruise and I've gotten sick after every one. It usually starts as a scratchy throat on the plane home and I end up feeling lousy for at least a week (yet not enough to miss work). I don't know how to prevent that really - I think no matter how clean they try to keep those ships - the close proximity of so many people easily leads to mega-germs. I hardly ever get sick too so it kinda sucks this happens - talk about a post-metal cruise royal buzz-kill! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: Back to work, back to freezing temperatures (plus we had the 3rd largest blizzard/snowfall on record in early Feb :roll: ), back to household chores including cooking (what? I want my buffet!), and being sick on top of it! :evil:

Oh well, of course it was all more than worth it. :beerwink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    sherivengeance
    Crewman

by sherivengeance » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:06 am

tyrwoman wrote:Great to hear Nergal is on the mend. As much as I love Behemoth and think they would be amazing for the cruise - I agree with those who mentioned the immune system issue. Remember how many of us got sick after the cruise? That was my 4th cruise and I've gotten sick after every one. It usually starts as a scratchy throat on the plane home and I end up feeling lousy for at least a week (yet not enough to miss work). I don't know how to prevent that really - I think no matter how clean they try to keep those ships - the close proximity of so many people easily leads to mega-germs. I hardly ever get sick too so it kinda sucks this happens - talk about a post-metal cruise royal buzz-kill! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: Back to work, back to freezing temperatures (plus we had the 3rd largest blizzard/snowfall on record in early Feb :roll: ), back to household chores including cooking (what? I want my buffet!), and being sick on top of it! :evil:

I was on a royal carribean cruise at the same time as Majesty set sail (which is why i didn't make it to the 2011 voyage!) and when i came home, i just felt so lost without my buffet meals, 3 course dining, 24 hour bar and midday pina colada's! There's something not right about being sober, since i spent the entirety of the cruise drunk as anything! I totally agree the mundane sucks!
    2013 Wishlist: Amorphis (again, again!) / Dimmu Borgir / The Amenta / Mercenary / Nile / Behemoth
    2012 70K Survivor #3547 / Baroness of the Corona
    "Hey Ladies! Ever wanted to F@#$ an Aussie?"
    "F@#$ oath CUNT!"
    -Australia Day, 1/27/2012
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Ravenlord wrote:I support this. A lot of people seem to like seeing the same bands over and over which I find strange. I always pick a band I haven't seen before over any that I have.

Fuck watching a band play their own tunes. I pick bands based on who I would like to see do karaoke (with Rhia)!
    Adam Blaze
    Oiler

by Adam Blaze » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:59 pm

This is great news! Although these guys tour often, I've still yet to see them. I'm a huge fan and I hear they KILL IT live! Fingers crossed that they get added to the cruise. They have a pretty big following, so I wouldn't be surprised :headbanger:
    2012 - Cabin 2539
    2011 - Cabin 3019
    MetalJunkie
    Oiler

by MetalJunkie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:24 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Great to hear Nergal is on the mend. As much as I love Behemoth and think they would be amazing for the cruise - I agree with those who mentioned the immune system issue. Remember how many of us got sick after the cruise? That was my 4th cruise and I've gotten sick after every one. It usually starts as a scratchy throat on the plane home and I end up feeling lousy for at least a week (yet not enough to miss work). I don't know how to prevent that really - I think no matter how clean they try to keep those ships - the close proximity of so many people easily leads to mega-germs. I hardly ever get sick too so it kinda sucks this happens - talk about a post-metal cruise royal buzz-kill! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: Back to work, back to freezing temperatures (plus we had the 3rd largest blizzard/snowfall on record in early Feb :roll: ), back to household chores including cooking (what? I want my buffet!), and being sick on top of it! :evil:

I think this is called a hangover...
    Scream until you like it
Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1