Post Reply 8044 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by Jebus_Cripes » Wed May 02, 2012 7:16 am

Last Gig: Edmonton International Beerfest

Next Gig: Opeth, Mastadon, and Ghost tomorrow night!
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:48 am

Last: Metal Fest in Santiago

Next: Artillery-Exumer on May 30th
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Last night’s show (Saturday May 28, 2012) was awesome at the Amsterdam Bar in St. Paul.
    It was a record release party. I forgot just how good All The Pretty Horses are. They kind of fell off of the local music scene and it was a re-introduction of the band. First record in 10 years.
    This is what Minnesota produces when you mix Prince with Twisted Sister, Wendy O Williams of the Plasmatics, and healthy dose of David Bowie. You get Minnesota’s own All The Pretty Horses.
    I dare Andy to book this band on the next cruise. Metal Beetches be scared. LOL

http://youtu.be/QHvYcUfW-Hk
    http://youtu.be/FI6cosvRz_s
    http://youtu.be/FynLSb-Nh08
    http://youtu.be/g-gWltVh5zQ
    http://youtu.be/-eubx8AjrV0

The warm up band was called El Le Phant http://youtu.be/ZtWt2xZhEGA which also was releasing their record and in between acts was a Burlesque show. LOL :boobs: :wank:

I am very sure that there will be a lot of WTF!

Next show is Mastodon, Opeth, and Ghost this Monday 5/7/12.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 05, 2012 6:52 am

Last gig: Rammstein last night (I'm speechless :shock: - in a good way :D - may write up something on the Rammstein thread later ;) )

Next gig: at this moment the next shows I have tickets for aren't till the end of June -
    Styx, REO Speedwagon, & Ted Nugent on June 24 and Ministry on June 29. Lots of other shows I'm interested between now and then, but I think I'm going to pass on them (to save for Barge!). In addition, there are many free outdoor music events of all kinds in the summer here - so really looking forward to those - especially the classical series at Millennium Park, neighborhood street fests, and so on.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sat May 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Laura wrote:Styx, REO Speedwagon & Ted Nugent

R.E.O. was one of my favourite Bands in the Seventies. Saw them in 1982 and 2006. They're always on the Road - but never there where i am. Styx are ok, Ted Nugent is an Idiot .....

Last Thursday: Insense, Nightrage, Deadlock, Demon Hunter at Matrix, Bochum.
    Missed this Night, because i had to work: UFO ......

Next Shows: maybe Roger Waters and/or Greg Lake in Portland/OR
    Next Shows to miss: Van Halen and Santana in Las Vegas. I'll be a few Days late.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Last gig: Behemoth :shred: :shred:
    Next gig: If 3 Inches of Blood will actually be at the Municipal Waste show then them. If not then its Metal Fest Croatia :beerbang:

Soo many shows this month in Florida but the spending needs to slow down because of the Europe trip. Figures we dont have shit for a long time then a bunch id want to go to all in one month haha
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Last gig was Unearth/Black Dahlia Murder with State of Integrity and a couple local bands, that was a couple months ago.

Next gig will be Capital Punishment next weekend, a 12 hour metal fest with mostly local bands and one Aussie band.

Then June 1st I see Tim "Ripper" Owens on his solo tour of NZ :D
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon May 07, 2012 2:50 am

Last: Vengeance in Kerkrade (NL)
    Next: Maybe Michael Schenker in Vosselaar (B) tomorrow, otherwise Scar Symmetry in London (UK) on Wednesday
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon May 07, 2012 9:11 am

Tuup wrote:Last: Vengeance in Kerkrade (NL)
    Next: Maybe Michael Schenker in Vosselaar (B) tomorrow, otherwise Scar Symmetry in London (UK) on Wednesday

Do you ever rest or do something else than going to shows? I get all tired just thinking of all the concerts you go to every week ;)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 am

MadameLePink wrote:

Do you ever rest or do something else than going to shows? I get all tired just thinking of all the concerts you go to every week ;)

back when I lived in Boston in the late 90s and early turn of the century, I used to average 5 shows per week (it helped always being on the guest list)... and frankly I miss that era of my life... a LOT
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon May 07, 2012 9:57 am

MadameLePink wrote:

:lol: I sometimes feel the same way - I love reading Kay's gig posts though. I think it was determined on a few different threads (having to do with 2011 gig lists, 70k sets seen, and so on) that he gets the award for that kind of thing. :cheers: Pretty awesome, if you ask me, if one has the time, money, & flexibility to do so much. :D I went to 5 shows in 4 weeks recently starting with Paganfest in early April and ending last Friday with Rammstein (with Behemoth, Death Cab for Cutie, and Negura Bunget in between). That was a lot for me. :P The thing is that I get so totally invested & immersed at a show - both mentally & physically (and especially those 5 because they are some top favorites of mine - it becomes a very intense visceral & emotional thing for me*)...I prefer to have those kinds of experiences more spread out, but sometimes that's the way it works out tour wise. Ha - kinda glad I'm taking a gig break until June. :lol:

*come to think about it - I also went to a few killer dance performances and museum exhibits (both art & history), as well as a very intense dramatic play (all with my family) in the month of April - so it was quite the month for visual and aural overload... loved it actually.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon May 07, 2012 10:24 am

Last show I went to: Negura Bunget a week ago.
    Last show I saw (working): The Air I Breathe & some other modern scream/hardcore bands last night.
    Next show: MastOpeth & Ghost - tonight.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon May 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Made a quick hit and run to Reggies in Chi-town on Saturday for Autopsy.
    Next up is Destruction on Friday.
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon May 07, 2012 1:18 pm

MadameLePink wrote:

Heheh and this is the quiet time, just before the start of the festival season :D

I guess we're a bit spoiled in western Europe, with so many shows in a relatively small area (and why wouldn't I take advantage of that?). E.g. for Paradise Lost and Swallow the Sun I'm still in doubt between the shows in Cologne and Bochum, and those places are only 80 km apart... Likewise there are also tours with shows in Kerkrade and Verviers, with only 55 km in between! :?
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 am

Last show: Mastodon & Ghost last night. Opeth cancelled as they were setting the stage up for the band. Apparently Åkerfeldt fell & hit his head on the bus. He had a cut that required medical attention/stitches. Mastodon went on earlier & added a couple of songs to their set. Pissed that we lost one of the headliners.
    :bitch:

Next show: Rammstein tonight.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm

I love your Baseball Furies sig, Sgt. B :bangers:

Next show: Ensiferum in Salo, Finland. I hope we get a fresh track or two from their upcoming album :shred:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    kvanderwyk
    Crewman

by kvanderwyk » Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

My last show was Sabaton on Saturday which was amazing! And I met a couple 70K peeps. :D

Next up is Behemoth, Watain, The Devil's Blood, & In Solitude on Friday :death:
    70K 2012 Survivor
    70K 2013 Wishlist: Allegaeon|Amon Amarth|Bolt Thrower|Dark Tranquility|Devin|Dimmu Borgir|Ensiferum|Equilibrium|Fleshgod Apocalypse|Forefather|Ghost|Gojira|Katatonia|Obscura|Revocation|Scar Symmetry|Týr|Vildhjarta|Wintersun
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Thu May 10, 2012 1:42 am

Last: Scar Symmetry in London (UK)
    Next: Maybe Paradise Lost & Swallow the Sun in Bochum (D) on Saturday. Otherwise it will be Urpop, a small festival in the Netherlands.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu May 10, 2012 1:14 pm

maybe, just maybe I'll be able to go to Judas Priest on Saturday after all...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu May 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Lala wrote:

R.E.O. was one of my favourite Bands in the Seventies. Saw them in 1982 and 2006. They're always on the Road - but never there where i am. Styx are ok, Ted Nugent is an Idiot .....

Next Shows to miss: Van Halen and Santana in Las Vegas. I'll be a few Days late.....

:cheers: :cheers: Sorry for the late reply on this....cool to hear you're an REO fan! I've seen them 4 times I think (need to check my master gig list to confirm :P ) - twice in their late 70s/early 80s heyday and in more recent years - 1990s sometime at a REO/Foreigner/Frampton gig and about 5-6 years ago at a suburban 4th of July fest in Naperville, Illinois. They are such a great band I think...really all three on that bill I love equally - huge bands for me in the late 70s and Iove them all to this day. I know Ted Nugent is a dick for all he spouts off about - but I really love his 70s albums...I attempted to "defend" him (rather his music) recently on this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1935&p=178353&hilit=ted+nugent#p178353

Some of my favorite albums from around 1976-78 were these:

released 1977

released 1977

released 1976

and many may know this already...but worth mentioning I think (to me anyway) - that all three groups are from my home state of Illinois which I think is kinda cool. :cool:

There are so many 70s/80s group (what I call) retro :lol: tours this summer - bloody hell! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: My husband and I are just a few months apart in age so we have a HUGE shared love of 60s, 70s & 80s music in particular. Besides the Nugent/Styx/REO gig, we're also seeing a B-52s/Squeeze gig in July and a Yes/Procul Harum gig in August. We just saw Yes last year (for me it was 6th time), but when we saw the double bill with P.H. - we were like - gotta go!!! Procul Harum's song Whiter Shade of Pale is one of both of our favorite songs ever - if anyone has not seen this video from 1967 - check it out! awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm

just found out Ghoul will be in Pittsburgh on May 21, so I'll be there... don't care for the other bands, but for only $8 just Ghoul is enough for me!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri May 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Laura wrote:
    Lala wrote:

:cheers: :cheers: Sorry for the late reply on this....cool to hear you're an REO fan! I've seen them 4 times I think (need to check my master gig list to confirm :P ) - twice in their late 70s/early 80s heyday and in more recent years - 1990s sometime at a REO/Foreigner/Frampton gig and about 5-6 years ago at a suburban 4th of July fest in Naperville, Illinois. They are such a great band I think...really all three on that bill I love equally - huge bands for me in the late 70s and Iove them all to this day. I know Ted Nugent is a dick for all he spouts off about - but I really love his 70s albums...I attempted to "defend" him (rather his music) recently on this forum here: http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopi ... nt#p178353

Some of my favorite albums from around 1976-78 were these:

released 1977

released 1977

released 1976

and many may know this already...but worth mentioning I think (to me anyway) - that all three groups are from my home state of Illinois which I think is kinda cool. :cool:

There are so many 70s/80s group (what I call) retro :lol: tours this summer - bloody hell! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: My husband and I are just a few months apart in age so we have a HUGE shared love of 60s, 70s & 80s music in particular. Besides the Nugent/Styx/REO gig, we're also seeing a B-52s/Squeeze gig in July and a Yes/Procul Harum gig in August. We just saw Yes last year (for me it was 6th time), but when we saw the double bill with P.H. - we were like - gotta go!!! Procul Harum's song Whiter Shade of Pale is one of both of our favorite songs ever - if anyone has not seen this video from 1967 - check it out! awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

For REO, favorite tune is “Back on the Road Again”. Album goes to “Hi In Fidelity”.
    http://youtu.be/ItffKHsHqUg Still sucks that Kevin and Gary Richrath can’t make peace.

For Styx, there are just too many of their songs which count as favorites of mine but “Pieces of Eight” and “Paradise Theatre” are my favorite albums of theirs.
    http://youtu.be/1cNKRcvJcWI
    http://youtu.be/LcrPtCghQ-E

For Ted Nugent, Stranglehold is his best and favorite tune of mine but his best all-around record is “Free for All”. http://youtu.be/mV1zNs_u3OU
    http://youtu.be/NsX9Dbdlxok
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm

^^^^
    :headbanger: :heavydrink: :headbanger:
    :D
    hmmm....hard for me to pick my very favorite songs from any of the three...although I can safely say that Lady by Styx is one of my very favorite love songs ever....and haha - I remember it being the big song at an 8th grade dance I went to. :P
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Last show: Rammstein
    Next show: Meshuggah/Baroness/Decapitated

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Damn... Wish I could turn back the clock one week when I was leaving work at exactly this time and on my way to see Rammstein. A week later, and I'm still in awe over that whole experience. Yowsa!!
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Sat May 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Rammstein
    Next show: Meshuggah/Baroness/Decapitated

Same here. Both these bands haven't played in Detroit in a long time.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat May 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Gosh, you guys make me feel bad. I only have Sabaton on Tuesday to look forward to. LOL.
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Laura wrote:^^^^
    hmmm....hard for me to pick my very favorite songs from any of the three...although I can safely say that Lady by Styx is one of my very favorite love songs ever....and haha - I remember it being the big song at an 8th grade dance I went to. :P

In full agreement with "Lady"
    http://youtu.be/fQ4zgcRpUQ8
    I still have my Styx records from the Wooden Nickle's labels. WOOT!!!!!

“Midnight Blue” was the big song when I was in 8th grade and it was our Frosh Dance Theme. I so old and so embarrassed. LOL
    http://youtu.be/pEaO1OWH9DU
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun May 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Last gig, yesterday: Paradise Lost supported by Swallow the Sun
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon May 14, 2012 10:07 am

Last show: Meshuggah/Baroness/Decapitated yesterday.
    Next show: working Trivium & locals tonight.

metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Mon May 14, 2012 10:26 am

Michael D. wrote:
    Laura wrote:^^^^

In full agreement with "Lady"
    http://youtu.be/fQ4zgcRpUQ8
    I still have my Styx records from the Wooden Nickle's labels. WOOT!!!!!

“Midnight Blue” was the big song when I was in 8th grade and it was our Frosh Dance Theme. I so old and so embarrassed. LOL
    http://youtu.be/pEaO1OWH9DU

I loved the Equinox album! And you're not old, so don't be embarrassed!

Last gig: Dragonforce, Huntress, Holy Grail last Saturday

Next gig: Rammstein tonight!!!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Tue May 15, 2012 8:35 am

Tonight, Sabaton. :bangers:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 am

Last show: worked Trivium & locals yesterday.
    Next show: working Sabaton & locals tonight.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 am

Next gig: James Puhto-Ren at Pub Markus on Friday with Laura&Fredrik.
    Yeah, it's not any good. :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48T2FiDx1HE
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

Memnoch wrote:Next gig: James Puhto-Ren at Pub Markus on Friday with Laura&Fredrik.

I haven't looked at the video yet... Do I have to be scared?! :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 am

Memnoch wrote:Next gig: James Puhto-Ren at Pub Markus on Friday with Laura&Fredrik.

Oki-doki :D I wonder if that song is about when I first met Laura. After all, she was my Goottityttöystävä back then. Now she's my metalli chikki :D
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 15, 2012 9:44 am

It has to be good: the tickets cost 3 euros! If there's no band at all, the entrance fee is 2 euros. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am

Uncle Soda wrote:...After all, she was my Goottityttöystävä back then.

Gotta love Finnish, it still seems like a game to me rather than a language. The game of making up the most strange words (preferably over 20 syllables) for simple things :D
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu May 17, 2012 11:38 am

Tuup wrote:
    Uncle Soda wrote:...After all, she was my Goottityttöystävä back then.

Gotta love Finnish, it still seems like a game to me rather than a language. The game of making up the most strange words (preferably over 20 syllables) for simple things :D

i know, i am always surprised when i pop those letters into Google Translate and they're ACTUALLY WORDS that MEAN SOMETHING!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Tomorrow... The Order of Chaos, Mortillery,West of Hell at a newly discovered venue 1 BLOcK!!!! from my condo.

:stagger: :stagger: :stagger: :stagger:

Hopefully no bridges to nearly fall off...

:party:
    Long Weekend here in Canada.. Victoria Day--but known more as May 2-4!
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
Post Reply 8044 posts