Post Reply 8028 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by Malaka » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:But yeah - heard pretty good things about No Sleep. Like GWAR in Melbourne telling the rainbow to fuck off because it wasn't metal :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We seriously need GWAR on this cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote:What did you think of No Sleep, evican?

I couldn't be assed going - seen Megadeth 3 times over the last few years and all other bands were not high on my list of liked bands.

It would have been nice to see Gwar, Dropkicks and Me First but meh.

But yeah - heard pretty good things about No Sleep. Like GWAR in Melbourne telling the rainbow to fuck off because it wasn't metal :P

It was great, considering I have always steered clear of festivals like this and Soundwave (Ironically, I am going to that too) and just gone to the sideshows instead.

I found Megadeth to be quite boring actually. Good sound, but not really appealing. Katatonia were awesome as were Frenzal Rhomb, Dropkick Murphys (but didn't play enough old stuff) Me First and NOFX. GWAR was definitely the highlight! They were talking about Oprah's visit and how she is a fat walrus and that they'd shag her if they could. And Justis got "eaten" by their dinosaur.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:19 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:But yeah - heard pretty good things about No Sleep. Like GWAR in Melbourne telling the rainbow to fuck off because it wasn't metal :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We seriously need GWAR on this cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YES.
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:59 pm

just came home from Doro
    there were a lot of surprises, but I couldn't really enjoy the gig because there were so many morons in the crowd
    in the middle of the show I remembered that Doro opened for Motörhead in Zurich two or three weeks ago...and I'm pretty sure that those bullies, non-metalheads and bold guys were drawn from there...

in my thoughts I was already on the cruise; it's not like we'll be one family, hell no, but there definitely won't be that many morons to lower my mood
    and if all else fails, there at least will be bewbs
    hi DEb ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:30 am

last_candle wrote:just came home from Doro
    there were a lot of surprises, but I couldn't really enjoy the gig because there were so many morons in the crowd
    in the middle of the show I remembered that Doro opened for Motörhead in Zurich two or three weeks ago...and I'm pretty sure that those bullies, non-metalheads and bold guys were drawn from there...

in my thoughts I was already on the cruise; it's not like we'll be one family, hell no, but there definitely won't be that many morons to lower my mood
    hi DEb ;)

:lol: :lol:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    last_candle wrote:just came home from Doro

hi DEb ;)

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:43 am

Went to The House of Blues in Cleveland last night to see Clutch.
    Had no idea who the openers were, but when the first band came on stage my buddy and I were talking about Corrorsion of Conformity. I looked at the band and noticed that the bass player was Mike Dean. No, it wasn't the 3 piece version of C.O.C., but it was Mike and Reed Mullin's (also from C.O.C.) other band, Righteous Fool. Pretty cool bonus. They sound a lot like Deliverance era C.O.C. with a little bit of old school punk mixed in. Good stuff. They even played Fleetwood Mac's Green Manalishi... unfortunately not as uptempo as C.O.C.'s cover on the old Eye For An Eye album.
    Kylesa was also on the bill. They sound great on disc, but I thought their live vocals were grating. Their female guitarist/howler was easy on the eye, though.

This is the last show for me in 2010.
    Next up: 70,000 Tons of Metal!! :heavydrink: CANNOT WAIT!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 am

Bentz! wrote:Clutch & Righteous Fool. Pretty cool bonus.

I'm feeling VERY jealous right now! I'm guessing Clutch were their usual kickass selves?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:Clutch & Righteous Fool. Pretty cool bonus.

I'm feeling VERY jealous right now! I'm guessing Clutch were their usual kickass selves?

Absolutely! They never disappoint.
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:48 am

Evican wrote:Last gig was No Sleep Til Festival Tour and the next will be a friend's band on the 14th January.

ah yeh nice ! I was gunna go but there wasn't that many bands I wanted to see. Not worth taking annual leave for.

You going to soundwave !?? Fkn mad lineup
    not gunna miss dimmu borgir's first time in Australia !
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:12 am

My last gig was Andre Mattos solo band, very cool for Angra fans.

I don't know who's next, just know the day: 24Jan :mrgreen:
    -----------------
    Zeh
    mafiotecano
    Oiler

by mafiotecano » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 pm

My last gig: Scorpions in Sao Paulo at Octuber 2010.

My next gig after 70000k, Ozzy Osbourne in Sao Paulo at April and Rock In Rio at Rio de Janeiro (Duhh) at Octuber!
    Cabin #3529
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Last gig: Fear Factory (postponed)... so it was Vehemence/Wynterborne/Autumn's End.

Next gig: Hemoptysis (record release show) with Landmine Marathon, Soulless, Dehumanizer, Death Perception, Existance A.D., Scattered Guts. January 7 @ Clubhouse - Tempe, AZ. :headbanger:

And the next day is my girlfriend's birthday, and our friends in Dresden have their record release show with SicMonic, Wynterborne, Hypatia, Killing Spree, Mordecai. January 8 @ Clubhouse - Tempe, AZ. :death:

If anyone needs tickets, please let me know.
    :shred:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:48 am

it seems to be final: my next gig will be the cruise!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    raoul volfoni
    Crewman

by raoul volfoni » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 am

my next gig will be in Paris, for HELLOWEEN and STRATOVARIUS in january 11th( it was so disappointing to see them cancelled this cruise :beerwink: )
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:05 am

raoul volfoni wrote:my next gig will be in Paris, for HELLOWEEN and STRATOVARIUS in january 11th( it was so disappointing to see them cancelled this cruise :beerwink: )

So Jealous!!! I found out about this cruise at a Stratovarius show nearly a year and a half ago. The new Stratovarius album is going to be amazing, there's already 3 songs ready for listening on Youtube. There's a strong rumour that Helloween is playing Wacken this year so hopefully I'll get my fix of Helloween there and Stratovarius hopefully in North America next summer.

For me next gig: tomorrow night. JOE SATRIANI. :headbanger:
    Fun fact: Joe Satriani's students went on to be the lead guitarists of Metallica, Testament, Third Eye Blind and Queensryche (Steve Vai).
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am

Stained Class wrote:
    raoul volfoni wrote:my next gig will be in Paris, for HELLOWEEN and STRATOVARIUS in january 11th( it was so disappointing to see them cancelled this cruise :beerwink: )

So Jealous!!! I found out about this cruise at a Stratovarius show nearly a year and a half ago. The new Stratovarius album is going to be amazing, there's already 3 songs ready for listening on Youtube. There's a strong rumour that Helloween is playing Wacken this year so hopefully I'll get my fix of Helloween there and Stratovarius hopefully in North America next summer.

Fun fact: Joe Satriani's students went on to be the lead guitarists of Metallica, Testament, Third Eye Blind and Queensryche (Steve Vai).

are you suggesting Steve Vai was in Queensryche? Did I miss something, Steve has been a bit of a gypsy, but I don't think he did anything with them (yet)..?

Just reminded myself of this: "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:30 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

are you suggesting Steve Vai was in Queensryche? Did I miss something, Steve has been a bit of a gypsy, but I don't think he did anything with them (yet)..?

Just reminded myself of this: "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" :lol:

Wasn't he? I'm dumb :oops:
    I actually don't even know where I got that idea from. But still, Satriani's awesome.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Last gig was some local bands called Impailers and Disintegrated
    Next gig will be Kataklysm, Legion of the Damned, Månegarm and Equilibrium on the 17th.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Di'Anno on sunday in vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    abodrocc
    Petty Officer

by abodrocc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Last: Therion, october 10 (10/10/10)
    Next: 70000 tons
    Then: Epica, Feb. 04
    2011 Survived cabin 2543
    2012 cabin 2585
    2013 cabin 2035
    2014 cabin 2589
    2015 cabin 2264
    2016 cabin 8607
    2017 cabin 9611
    2018 cabin 8457
    2019 cabin 8673
    2020 cabin 6659

1tribe1
    Oiler

by 1tribe1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Last show was in Denver. Diocletian, Blasphemophagher, Speedwolf, Clinging To The Trees Of A Forest Fire!
    Next show 70000 Tons Of Metal
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:51 pm

:shred: NEXT GIG is on 20th of Jan. KATAKLYSM, LEGION OF THE DAMNED, MANEGARM... (Neckbreaker Festival)

direkt after the show we drive to the airport to get the flight to Miami
    (sleepin`some hours on the Airport with a beer in hand) :beerwink:

:beerhorns: :heavydrink: :givebeer:
    *We would like to make a clone out of Tom Araya`s hair, Ronny James Dio`s bone and Mikael Akerfeldt`s spit ! So we `ll got the voice of Walhalla !
    That`s possible on Deck 3 ! Cabin #3525
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:56 pm

my lead-up shows to 70K

This Thursday - Angra and Sepultura (sorta) @ HOB Anaheim

19th - Styx - Fox theater in Bakersfield (2nd row for that one, well within wrinkle-spotting range :lol: )

21st - Lynch Mob @ Key Club on Sunset after SoCal meet-up and send off!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    raoul volfoni
    Crewman

by raoul volfoni » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:35 am

Yesterday was STRATOVARIUS & HELLOWEEN tour in Paris.

Timo Kotipelto was sick so the STRATOVARIUS show was cancelled just before start. Really no luck for us who already saw STRATOVARIUS cancel this cruise !! :evil:

However HELLOWEEN done a great show, perfect ! Weiki was even 'ON'

next is now 70K TOM
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:22 am

Lots of coverbands the last couple of weeks.
    Elvenking on Friday.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:35 am

raoul volfoni wrote:Yesterday was STRATOVARIUS & HELLOWEEN tour in Paris.

Timo Kotipelto was sick so the STRATOVARIUS show was cancelled just before start. Really no luck for us who already saw STRATOVARIUS cancel this cruise !! :evil:

next is now 70K TOM

Man that sucks, he was sick last time I saw them but they went on anyways just with a shorter setlist. Although they were headlining. I heard a rumour that Helloween is playing wacken so hopefully I'll get to see them there. Love me some Helloween.

Anyways my next gig is this thing that they are doing on a boat in the carribean, sounds like it'll be alright.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:21 am

Next gig is Angra tomorrow next door to Disneyland. I really hope I can get some Mickey Mouse Ears for the show. Meeting up with viathyn from this here forum.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    raoul volfoni
    Crewman

by raoul volfoni » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 am

Stained Class wrote:Anyways my next gig is this thing that they are doing on a boat in the carribean, sounds like it'll be alright.

a nice, quiet and relaxing fishing party between friends, isn't it? See you there ! :shred:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

raoul volfoni wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Anyways my next gig is this thing that they are doing on a boat in the carribean, sounds like it'll be alright.

a nice, quiet and relaxing fishing party between friends, isn't it? See you there ! :shred:

I'm not sure actually, I just heard some bands are playing. I hope theres no metal, I hate that pots and pans banging music. No civility!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    raoul volfoni
    Crewman

by raoul volfoni » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 am

Stained Class wrote:
    raoul volfoni wrote:

I'm not sure actually, I just heard some bands are playing. I hope theres no metal, I hate that pots and pans banging music. No civility!

I get that cruise for you next month, you will enjoy the music. Metal free!
    http://www.cayamo.com/
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 am

70,000 TONS OF METAL IN 12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**************hyperventilating*********

@@@@@@@@@@@doing back flips@@@@@@@

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_jumping up and down-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    :givebeer: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    raoul volfoni wrote:Yesterday was STRATOVARIUS & HELLOWEEN tour in Paris.
    next is now 70K TOM

Man that sucks, he was sick last time I saw them but they went on anyways just with a shorter setlist. Although they were headlining. I heard a rumour that Helloween is playing wacken so hopefully I'll get to see them there. Love me some Helloween.

I'm pretty sure they'll play Wacken this year
    the day I return from the cruise I'll see those two bands in Switzerland
    wishlist '20:
    Unrepentant Heathen
    Crewman

by Unrepentant Heathen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm

My last gig was Pentagram last Thursday ... 40th Anniversary tour. Bobby Liebling always does a great show.

Besides 70k, I have Bloodfeast this Saturday and after 70k is a busy month...Eluveitie on 2/2, Immortal and Absu on 02/19 then Ensiferum and Finntroll on 2/26. I swear I am going to be broke!! Hello Raman Noodles!!!
    2014: Cabin 2085
    Barge to Hell: Cabin 2545
    2012: Cabin 2515
    2011: Cabin 4583
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    "Respect Everyone .... Bow to No One"
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Unrepentant Heathen wrote:My last gig was Pentagram last Thursday ... 40th Anniversary tour. Bobby Liebling always does a great show.

Besides 70k, I have Bloodfeast this Saturday and after 70k is a busy month...Eluveitie on 2/2, Immortal and Absu on 02/19 then Ensiferum and Finntroll on 2/26. I swear I am going to be broke!! Hello Raman Noodles!!!

Hi there you Unrepentant Heathen you! I remember you from when you first posted on the Who are you? thread long ago....particularly noticed your mention of Iron Butterfly (caused me major "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" flashback! :? :lol: ) and Agalloch & Immortal in your top five bands! Anywaaays....it seems I will be seeing several of the same tours as you...just a few days later. I already bought my tix for Eluveitie (love them!) for Feb 8 and Immortal on Feb 22. Others on the February possible list are: (no way I'm going to all because they are too close together though :roll: - now, if I could only clone an evil twin of myself, then maybe ;) )
    2/19 ENSIFERUM, FINNTROLL, ROTTEN SOUND, BARREN EARTH on 2/19
    2/20 CRADLE OF FILTH, NACHTMYSTIUM, TURISAS, DANIEL LIONEYE on 2/20
    2/25 KATAKLYSM, ALL SHALL PERISH DECREPIT BIRTH, CONDUCTING FROM THE GRAVE, ABYSMAL DAWN on 2/25
    2/26 DEICIDE, BELPHEGOR, BLACK GUARD, NEURAXIS, PATHOLOGY on 2/26

see 'ya on 'da boat! :cheers:
    (p.s. my dad grew up in Flushing, Queens, NY, and I spent a lot of time there visiting relatives growing up)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Just reminded myself of this: "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" :lol:

Not at all...they could be carried!
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

WallieWallie wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:Just reminded myself of this: "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" :lol:

Not at all...they could be carried!

don't get me started on weight ratios

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:26 pm

bangers wrote:ah yeh nice ! I was gunna go but there wasn't that many bands I wanted to see. Not worth taking annual leave for.

You going to soundwave !?? Fkn mad lineup
    not gunna miss dimmu borgir's first time in Australia !

I agree. There were a few that I wanted to see and I'm glad I got to see GWAR. They were definitely the highlight even though Katatonia kicked ass.

That I am!! Dimmu is going to be awesome, Devildriver always put on a good show and I'm going to their side show too. Slayer, Iron Maiden, Primus, Millencollin, Pennywise, ATL..
  • RevWhite
    Oiler

by RevWhite » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:12 am

Last show was Man or Astro Man and Fiend Without a Face in November.
    Next show (after 70KTOM) is David Allan Coe in February.
    Cabin #3573
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 am

I'm going to make a trip to El Rey theater to see Budos Band tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTo6FGUvHA

excited as hell. ftw
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
Post Reply 8028 posts