Post Reply 8247 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by Ravenlord » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:48 pm

First gig since the cruise is on Saturday: Accept supported by Wolf! Got my ticket this morning!

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    666ROY
    Oiler

by 666ROY » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    666ROY wrote:Last gig was the cruise, nothing after.....=(

This friday, March 18th: IRON MAIDEN w/Maligno. Mexico City. :shred:

It will be my son's first gig!!! :headbanger: :headbanger:

lucky you, Maiden is ignoring LA this tour for some reason >:{

and nice Sarg D doll!! :beerwink:

HellYeah! And if lucky enough (working on my son's visa), I might be attending the Big 4 in Indio and also Destruction in Oakland on the 29th(April)!!

Otherwise will have Stratovarius/Helloween on the 17th (March) here in Mexico...

(I will steal your avatar to show to my friends' band called "Los Cerdos" (Dio/Black Sabbath tribute band)...if you don't mind!)
    The Chase Is Better Than The Catch...

2011 - 2545
    2012 - 2037
    MHB 2455
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Last gig : Slash, Ozzy Osbourne at the Gibson Amphithetre + Gamma Ray at the Key Club in LA ( same night )

Next gig : Wizard in Cork, Ireland
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Tuup wrote:Yesterday: Sons of Seasons (Kerkrade)
    Tomorrow: Epica & Revamp (London)

Hey Tuup, what were those shows like?

I must admit that I wasn't a huge fan of the first Sons of Seasons CD, so haven't got the second one yet.

My next gig, FINNTROLL with local lads CLAIM THE THRONE next Thursday night!! Think I may take a flexday from work the friday to recover :heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:13 pm

wildchild wrote:Last gig : Slash, Ozzy Osbourne at the Gibson Amphithetre + Gamma Ray at the Key Club in LA ( same night )

How did you manage to go to both of those in the same night?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:02 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    wildchild wrote:Last gig : Slash, Ozzy Osbourne at the Gibson Amphithetre + Gamma Ray at the Key Club in LA ( same night )

I took a cab from the Slash/Ozzy gig to the Key Club, had to leave before Ozzy was finished though to catch Gamma Ray att 11 pm....GREAT gig btw ! :shred:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:34 pm

wildchild wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I took a cab from the Slash/Ozzy gig to the Key Club, had to leave before Ozzy was finished though to catch Gamma Ray att 11 pm....GREAT gig btw ! :shred:

:shock: That's quite a night! And I couldn't even muster up the energy to go to see just Gamma Ray that night
    :?
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:09 am

It was a fantastic night !! To see first my favourite musicians at the Gibson and getting really good seats at the front was mindblowing, and then to see Gamma Ray ( who put me on the guestlist after having partied with them at the HoB and Rainbow the night before ) was the perfect ending of that night ! The gig was fantastic, they wouldn´t stop playing, in the end the Club had to ask them to stop playing as they were closing !! :shred: :metalguy:

Some pics from the gigs from that night :

SLASH

OZZY

Gamma Ray

Dinner with Kai Hansen and Henjo at Mel´s after a wet night at the Rainbow :mrgreen:

:heavydrink:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 am

wildchild wrote:It was a fantastic night !! To see first my favourite musicians at the Gibson and getting really good seats at the front was mindblowing, and then to see Gamma Ray ( who put me on the guestlist after having partied with them at the HoB and Rainbow the night before ) was the perfect ending of that night ! The gig was fantastic, they wouldn´t stop playing, in the end the Club had to ask them to stop playing as they were closing !! :shred: :metalguy:

Cool pics!! thats why i didnt see you there at the Gamm Ray show. I wanted to stay after and party with Gamma Ray but i had to work the next day =/ i regret not waiting for them afterwards, my friends stayed there and go to drink with them at the Rainbow ={
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:46 am

After almost 2 months of emptiness...next friday Epica & Sin7Sins @ De Mezz, Breda. :headbanger:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    wildchild wrote:It was a fantastic night !! To see first my favourite musicians at the Gibson and getting really good seats at the front was mindblowing, and then to see Gamma Ray ( who put me on the guestlist after having partied with them at the HoB and Rainbow the night before ) was the perfect ending of that night ! The gig was fantastic, they wouldn´t stop playing, in the end the Club had to ask them to stop playing as they were closing !! :shred: :metalguy:

Cool pics!! thats why i didnt see you there at the Gamm Ray show. I wanted to stay after and party with Gamma Ray but i had to work the next day =/ i regret not waiting for them afterwards, my friends stayed there and go to drink with them at the Rainbow ={

So you were there ! I was looking for you, but couldn´t see you anywhere :?
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:42 pm

just returned home from TSO :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 am

last_candle wrote:just returned home from TSO :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Damn you. I did intend to go to that gig but in the end I couldn't afford it. I'm guessing it was amazing?

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 am

Last gig: Entombed
    Next gig: Megadeth and Slayer on monday!
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    last_candle wrote:just returned home from TSO :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Damn you. I did intend to go to that gig but in the end I couldn't afford it. I'm guessing it was amazing?

it was a great experience - I wouldn't wanna have missed it
    I can't say it was 100% perfect, but it was better than most things seen before
    amazing, yes
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Agalloch on Saturday in Atlanta!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Deathbringer wrote:Agalloch on Saturday in Atlanta!

Nice! I'm gonna miss them since they're playing too far away on a weeknight..

Just got home from Rotting Christ, Melechesh, Hate, Abigail Williams and Lecherous Nocturne. Great show!
    Rotting Christ would be a huge band today if they had chosen any other name. They pretty much played all of Aealo, which is a great album, and newer stuff, but they did throw in a couple oldies.
    Melechesh and Hate were awesome as well. Nice to see bands from many different areas of the world on the same bill.

Next up is Skeletonwitch & 3 Inches of Blood on April 13, then the next day is the EPIC... I mean FUCKIN' EPIC Amon Amarth show in Chicago! 70k Reunion & Hotel Party!!!
    :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:
  • Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:33 am

I've been wanting to check out Melechesh live but I don't want to drive all the way to Atlanta for the other bands which I don't really care for.

Symphony X, Nevermore May 19!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:10 am

Deathbringer wrote:Agalloch on Saturday in Atlanta!

:cool: I'm seeing them a week from Sunday - super excited since this will my first time seeing them...

2011 is shaping up to be another great gig year here overall. As usual, there are way more shows I’m interested in going to than I can really handle both time & money wise (argh! six in May? – not! :evil: ) ….but here are some great upcoming ones (the italicized ones I already have tickets for and are therefore definites) I didn’t bother to list Rush since tickets were really $$$, plus I just saw them last August.

March 19 Yes @ House of Blues
    March 27 Agalloch @ Reggie’s Rock Club
    March 28 Godspeed You! Black Emperor @ The Vic
    April 14 Amon Amarth @ Bottom Lounge
    April 22 Accept & Sabaton @ Bottom Lounge
    April 30 Coheed & Cambria @ House of Blues
    May 1 Symphony X @ Bottom Lounge
    May 5 Destruction @ Reggie’s Rock Club
    May 10 Rammstein @ Allstate Arena
    May 14 Dredg @ Bottom Lounge
    May 20 UFO @ House of Blues
    May 27 Blackfield (Steven Wilson & Aviv Geffen) @ The Park West
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:14 am

Nice, Laura!

March 18 - Hodgy's band, Buttafuko, and his Alice Tribute band, Devil's Food.
    April 20 - Amon Amarth
    April 26 - Accept / Sabaton (maybe)
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 am

Last gig: yesterday Sin7Sins & Epica @ De Mezz, Breda
    Next gig: tonight El Chupacabra & Ceremony of Opposites @ De Bunker, Gemert

Supporting the local deathmetal scene (thanks to Marietje for the reminder) at the venue which is just around the corner for me. :beerwink: :headbanger:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Its seems the classic rock shows are taking over my concert going schedule lately.

Went to Foreigner last night, it was a completely unplugged all acoustic set. It was cool for some of them, like hearing "Hot Blooded" done acoustically or "Feels like the First Time" etc but I felt robbed for a lot of the songs like "Jukebox Hero" - I would have preferred to hear the regular version. Kind of cool though, they had a Q&A session with the fans about 2/3 through their set. Definitely an experience I won't forget for sure.

Next up is Jackson Browne (which I have Row 4 for like I did for Foreigner last night :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3TZiyY9Sk
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:34 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Its seems the classic rock shows are taking over my concert going schedule lately.

Went to Foreigner last night, it was a completely unplugged all acoustic set. It was cool for some of them, like hearing "Hot Blooded" done acoustically or "Feels like the First Time" etc but I felt robbed for a lot of the songs like "Jukebox Hero" - I would have preferred to hear the regular version. Kind of cool though, they had a Q&A session with the fans about 2/3 through their set. Definitely an experience I won't forget for sure.

Next up is Jackson Browne (which I have Row 4 for like I did for Foreigner last night :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3TZiyY9Sk

Marlo - no way! :shock: Foreigner AND Jackson Browne? Saw them both for the first time around 30 years ago! It is so great so many younger people like great 70's classic rock! I also think it's cool you're so into Amon Amarth, going to Wacken, and want to go to Sturgis some day (as I do per the bucket list thread)...damm - are you like my long lost daughter or something? :P :shock: :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Going to be a great summer for shows!- as we don't get many.
    Holy Grail/Cauldron in April
    Most likely Death Angel
    Into Eternity/Quietus(local death band)-May 14
    ANVIL!!! May 27!!
    Maybe a road trip or 2 to Calgary :heavydrink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:03 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Marlo - no way! :shock: Foreigner AND Jackson Browne? Saw them both for the first time around 30 years ago! It is so great so many younger people like great 70's classic rock! I also think it's cool you're so into Amon Amarth, going to Wacken, and want to go to Sturgis some day (as I do per the bucket list thread)...damm - are you like my long lost daughter or something? :P :shock: :cheers:

Haha it would make more sense than my own mother :lol: But now that I think of it we are eerily similar in a lot of our tastes and views, you have some very lucky daughters Laura! I hope you can get them into some of the same music, my dad made it his mission when I was a kid to get me started into classic rock (and I KNOW my classic rock) and its how I later progressed onto metal.

It would have been so cool to have seen one of their shows then! I've been lucky to catch a lot of great classic rock shows like Rolling Stones, The Who, The Guess Who, Eric Clapton, Van Halen (seen Hagar and Roth), Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Blue Oyster Cult, Sweet, Heart, ZZ Top, Jethro Tull, Styx, Meatloaf, David Gilmore (from Pink Floyd), Gowan, The Cult, INXS, Guns N Roses, Skid Row, April Wine, Bon Jovi, Rush, Harlequin, Prism, Chilliwack, Headpins, hell tons more as well. A lot of those I've seen quite a few times and/or hung out with. I used to work for Ticketmaster for about 5 years and my money would go right back in for concerts :lol: It is amazing though how those bands have broken down generation gaps with their music and so many people my age and younger listen to them still with the same passion as those of their own time.

There are so many that I wish I had the opportunity to see like Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Hendrix, Cheap Trick, Jefferson Airplane, the Beatles (seen seven different Beatles cover bands, Cirque du Solei etc and I'm just missing the real thing - argggghhh what I would have given to see them before Lennon died) etc etc.

Ahhhhck I want to go to Sturgis so badly with you and Deb! That would be a blast! I was thinking about looking into motorcycle lessons this summer too :D Do you know how to ride?

Jaimie38 wrote:Maybe a road trip or 2 to Calgary :heavydrink:

YES! Do it!!

Keep me posted when you might be planning to come down :D :cheers:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:29 pm

tyrwoman wrote:March 28 Godspeed You! Black Emperor @ The Vic

Didn't know they were still around. A quick google shows no shows anywhere near me. :|
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:09 am

Yesterday: OverKill, Destruction & Heathen (Enschede, NL)
    Today: Symphony X, Nevermore, Psychotic Waltz, Mercenary & Thaurorod (Tilburg, NL)
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:35 am

Yesterday: Accept / Wolf (Amazing show!!!)
    Next: Wizard / McGalligog (friend's band) 25th March

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:40 am

Ravenlord wrote:Next: Wizard / McGalligog (friend's band) 25th March

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater told me about them. So to play nice with you power metal types I LIKED them on Facebook. Not too bad :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:41 am

KevinP wrote:

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater told me about them. So to play nice with you power metal types I LIKED them on Facebook. Not too bad :mrgreen:

You're really coming up in the world Kevin. But I can't help but think it might be some sort of trap :lol:

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:02 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

You're really coming up in the world Kevin. But I can't help but think it might be some sort of trap :lol:

he's probably trying George Costanza's trick to do everything the opposite way than usual
    wishlist '25:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:19 am

Ravenlord wrote:You're really coming up in the world Kevin. But I can't help but think it might be some sort of trap :lol:

I just assumed it was Wrath's way of staying on my "good side" :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:00 am

Ravenlord wrote:Yesterday: Accept / Wolf (Amazing show!!!)

Quite jealous of this.... Wolf needs to be on the 2012 cruise! Just found out they've got a new one coming out next month... :shred:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 am

Bentz! wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Yesterday: Accept / Wolf (Amazing show!!!)

Quite jealous of this.... Wolf needs to be on the 2012 cruise! Just found out they've got a new one coming out next month... :shred:

Yeah, we were actually the first to hear a brand new song called 'Skullcrusher' at the gig. It was pretty decent. Would definitely love to see them again on the cruise!

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:13 am

just realized next Saturday's already Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring with live orchestra!
    stupid me forgot to arrange a date :cool:
    wishlist '25:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:19 am

I know I posted this before, but it's just too amazing to not share again:
    wishlist '25:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:54 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:56 am

gnoff wrote:The deathstar is operational!

Thank you Captain Obvious :roll: :roll: :roll:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 pm

last_candle wrote:I know I posted this before, but it's just too amazing to not share again:

That's so cool!! Would love to experience THAT!

Prog rock legendary band Yes was great last night....I have way more to say about it than I have energy for at the moment...so I'll leave it at that for now. ;)

@ Carrie & Marlo: re your latest posts :cheers: !
    @ Kevin: Godspeed You! Black Emperor is supposed to be great live and I decided this morning to buy tickets for next Monday's show...but it appears to be sold out...gaaah. :evil:

And in more unrelated (to metal music) news - my 13 year old told me yesterday that she REALLY wants to see Rihanna when she's here on 6/15. http://rihannanow.com - since it seems like so many pop shows are sold out by the time we try to get tickets, I was pleased to find out that
    Ticketmaster still had cheap upper balcony tix available. :D

Also decided to go to Lollapalooza Aug 5-7 since this will be the first time in a long time I'll be town at that time of year. No tickets yet, but some of the headliners have been announced so far - Eminem, Foo Fighters & Muse! :P
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:19 pm

tyrwoman wrote:And in more unrelated (to metal music) news - my 13 year old told me yesterday that she REALLY wants to see Rihanna when she's here on 6/15. http://rihannanow.com - since it seems like so many pop shows are sold out by the time we try to get tickets, I was pleased to find out that
    Ticketmaster still had cheap upper balcony tix available. :D

:shock: I thought you meant Rhiawiz until I saw the website. I was like "what the heck are you doing to your child that she is exposed to Rhiawiz". Crisis/intervention adverted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Post Reply 8247 posts