Post Reply 8043 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    BierVulf
    Ensign

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by BierVulf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Next gig.
    Tomorrow.
    Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian Las Vegas, Nv.
    Should be alright I suppose...
    :givebeer:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Enjoy!

Next gig: Anathema with Anneke Van Giersen in MX City
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Next gig: Acrassicauda tomorrow night. I believe this makes my last 3 shows all Acrassicauda shows :lol:

Edit: Wait! Agent Steel gig fell somewhere in that group too. And Symphony X. My memory sucks :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 pm

looks like my next show will be Sincerity Fest ( a free hardcore festival with Shai Hulud and Architect)
    of course, 95% of you would hate most of the bands just for being hardcore... but it sure will be fun
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:looks like my next show will be Sincerity Fest ( a free hardcore festival with Shai Hulud and Architect)
    of course, 95% of you would hate most of the bands just for being hardcore... but it sure will be fun

Have a radical time Image
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:08 pm

BierVulf wrote:Next gig.
    Tomorrow.
    Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian Las Vegas, Nv.
    Should be alright I suppose...
    :givebeer:

Where are you staying in Vegas?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 pm

KevinP wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:looks like my next show will be Sincerity Fest ( a free hardcore festival with Shai Hulud and Architect)

Have a radical time Image

Be excellent to eachother Image
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Therapy4Pain
    Wiper

by Therapy4Pain » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:47 am

Last gig: Rammstein w/ Combichrist.

Next up: Infected Mushroom (not metal, I know)

Also holding a 2 day ticket for Volbeat w/ Cold in Sept.
    AMORPHIS, Anathema, The Birthday Massacre, Brother Firetribe, Cage, Dope, Edguy, Eisbrecher, HAMMERFALL, Hypocrisy, IN EXTREMO, Kamelot, Leaves' Eyes, NIGHTWISH, Opeth, Paradise Lost, STRATOVARIOUS, TRISTANIA, Van Canto, Volbeat, Within Temptation
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 am

Crimson Glory is a band that I've never seen, even though I love their stuff. I have seen Midnight and Ben Jackson perform, and hung out with them a bit. And I've been able to have some really in-depth conversations with them and Jeff Lords. Midnight was a VERY interesting person. Definitely some stories to tell. I was quite disappointed when he wasn't mentioned in Revolver's Fallen Heroes issue.

I hate this summer season. Seems like all the metal is in Europe. I have to wait until the end of August until the next metal show, which will be Ride For Dime (8/20), Summer Slaughter (8/21), and Amon Amarth (8/27) in the space of a week. :heavydrink:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:43 am

Lots of cool festivals the last couple of weeks: Hellfest, Graspop, Fortarock :headbanger:
    Threshold tonight
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 pm

mooyagi wrote:Next gig: Acrassicauda tomorrow night. I believe this makes my last 3 shows all Acrassicauda shows :lol:

Edit: Wait! Agent Steel gig fell somewhere in that group too. And Symphony X. My memory sucks :mrgreen:

Not going to the show tonight. Fucking tired
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:57 pm

I went to Minus the Bear (not metal) last night and it was actually really fun. The theatre just got 3 new brews and they were all delicious. Next gig: maybe going to see my friend's band play tomorrow night.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Definitely not missing the next gig. Margie's coming up into town and we are going to see Armored Saint and Hirax. Can't wait!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:Definitely not missing the next gig. Margie's coming up into town and we are going to see Armored Saint and Hirax. Can't wait!

Delirious Nomaaaaaad!!! :headbanger:

skype is up Ryan
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 pm

wildchild wrote:Last gig : Alice Cooper

Next gig : Bang Your Head festival in Germany 14-16 July

That is a ridiculously excellent line-up. Very extremely disgustingly jealous. :evil:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:24 am

Leaving for Metalcamp in less than 24 hours.

My must see bands: Moonsorrow, Kalmah, Arkona, Alestorm, Powerwolf, Wintersun

Bands I plan on seeing, but you never know: Abinchova, Moonspell, Airbourne, Legion of the damned, Die apokalyptischen reiter, Watain, Zonaria, In Extremo, Imperium Dekadenz, Accept, Varg, Kreator, Winterfylleth, probably a bit of Slayer and Amorphis as well.

It's going to be a busy week :headbanger:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 am

Last Was: Children of Bodom, Devin Townsend, Obscura & Septicflesh
    Next: Lizzy Borden this next Saturday!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:50 am

KDibildox wrote:Next gig: Anathema with Anneke Van Giersen in MX City

enjoy!
    I missed'em voluntarily last Wednesday - I didn't feel like going to another city for just a short supporting act set

next gig's definitely gonna be Roxette followed by Mando Diao (who replace Amy Winehouse)
    two nights in a row spending at the Brazil bar drinking caipis :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:06 am

MadameLePink wrote:Leaving for Metalcamp in less than 24 hours.

Bands I plan on seeing, but you never know: Abinchova, Moonspell, Airbourne, Legion of the damned, Die apokalyptischen reiter, Watain, Zonaria, In Extremo, Imperium Dekadenz, Accept, Varg, Kreator, Winterfylleth, probably a bit of Slayer and Amorphis as well.

I'm pretty jealous about: Kalmah, Arkona, Wintersun, Legion Of The Damned, and Kreator!

have fun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:44 am

MadameLePink wrote:Leaving for Metalcamp in less than 24 hours.

Wow, that it quite an awesome set of bands there. Now I'm really jealous :evil:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 am

Disaster Area wrote:That is a ridiculously excellent line-up. Very extremely disgustingly jealous. :evil:

It's pretty awesome but not great but not as awesome as this festival i was at in 2009.
    Dun dun dun

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:That is a ridiculously excellent line-up. Very extremely disgustingly jealous. :evil:

It's pretty awesome but not great but not as awesome as this festival i was at in 2009.
    Dun dun dun

:shock: That is fucking nuts. Wow. So jealous
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

Dun dun dun

that's an insane billing!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Thursday night: Helsott and Blackguard

Friday night: Cage and Blackguard

Andy, please book Cage for the cruise!

Here's a special picture just for Kevin from your favorite band :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tonight, me and Ryan off to go see Armored Saint :D
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Here's a special picture just for Kevin from your favorite band :lol: :lol: :lol:

That. Is. Awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Here's a special picture just for Kevin from your favorite band :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best. Picture. Ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

Armored Saint is going to kick ass! Of course, you know this since you're sitting next to me right now :P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 pm

last_candle wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Next gig: Anathema with Anneke Van Giersen in MX City

enjoy!
    I missed'em voluntarily last Wednesday - I didn't feel like going to another city for just a short supporting act set

I will! that is, if they don't cancel again :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Brilliant! Sadly, Kevin will probably miss this............ maybe I'll let him know on FB
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Next gig will be Nekrogoblikon's CD release party in Santa Barbara on July 29th.

I'm pumped.

And that Blackguard picture is awesome, I'm disappointed I had to miss those last two shows.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Margie, this one was gold. NICE! :viking:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Margie,

:heavydrink: Touche'. My wife thinks its funny but she feels bad for the band 'cause they must know why the sign is there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to inform her that they deserve my venom and they gotta know that 99.878% of the metal population despises them with an utter stinking passion as well, so why would they care about my opinion. :lol:

Well done, well done.

I now await mooyqagi dressed in his unicorn outfit flipping me "the horn" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:09 am

Yesterday: Jeff Scott Soto
    Today: Bospop (Dream Theater, Riverside, Thin Lizzy, Walter Trout, Vanderbuyst...)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:55 am

KevinP wrote:I now await mooyqagi dressed in his unicorn outfit flipping me "the horn" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pfft. You can't handle the horn ;)

Armored Saint was fucking amazing. They were just awesome awesome awesome. Met two other cruisers who were in town from Las Vegas and they will be on broad next year. Weird ass fucking crowd (Hollywood :roll: ). Lots of hoochies dressed up for anything but a metal show. Lots of drunk people. We get in and some dude just sticks his hand in Margie's face and says "smell this" :shock: Found out after she started trying to push him away that he had weed in his hand. Still not sure what the fuck that was all about. Then some bitch on what must've been ecstasy randomly wiggled her way through the crowd and was putting her hands all over everyone. Was sooooo close to seeing a Metalho beat down of her. Oh well.

All in all, still a fantastic show. Just loved Armored Saint. They played every song I wanted them to :D

I have no idea what my next gig will be. Not really anything playing right now worth seeing for the rest of the summer :cry:
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:31 am

KevinP wrote:Margie,

:heavydrink: Touche'. My wife thinks its funny but she feels bad for the band 'cause they must know why the sign is there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to inform her that they deserve my venom and they gotta know that 99.878% of the metal population despises them with an utter stinking passion as well, so why would they care about my opinion. :lol:

Well done, well done.

I now await mooyqagi dressed in his unicorn outfit flipping me "the horn" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kevin...They really didn't care. In fact they thought it was funny. Kim laughed out loud about the picture of you punching that dude in the face who was wearing a Blackguard shirt. It was all in good fun so tell your wife they are not sad about it. ;)

And...Thank you :D
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I now await mooyqagi dressed in his unicorn outfit flipping me "the horn" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pfft. You can't handle the horn ;)

Armored Saint was fucking amazing. They were just awesome awesome awesome. Met two other cruisers who were in town from Las Vegas and they will be on broad next year. Weird ass fucking crowd (Hollywood :roll: ). Lots of hoochies dressed up for anything but a metal show. Lots of drunk people. We get in and some dude just sticks his hand in Margie's face and says "smell this" :shock: Found out after she started trying to push him away that he had weed in his hand. Still not sure what the fuck that was all about. Then some bitch on what must've been ecstasy randomly wiggled her way through the crowd and was putting her hands all over everyone. Was sooooo close to seeing a Metalho beat down of her. Oh well.

All in all, still a fantastic show. Just loved Armored Saint. They played every song I wanted them to :D

I have no idea what my next gig will be. Not really anything playing right now worth seeing for the rest of the summer :cry:

What Ryan said...Armored Saint was really incredible! Yes, the crazies were out as always in Hollyweird. We saw pirates and a guy in a wheelchair running over a guy's toy dog (the dog's owner wanted to settle out of court :lol: ) Just another night on the Sunset Strip.

Also, we had an epic dinner at the Rainbow. Yummy!
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:50 am

An interesting night to say the least :lol:

Almost forgot to mention: Armored Saint left 3 open spots in their setlist. For those three songs, they had a broad with about 10 different songs listed and had the fans pick them. For each pick, a fan from the crowd was invited on stage to make a song pick and then hang out on stage while the band performed the song. Was pretty awesome and for those that got picked, you could just see the joy in their eyes while they were up there on stage with the band.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:53 am

great pic, Margie!

Kate, cancellations are even worse when you have to way ages 'till a band comes back to your region - but hey, they won't cancel twice!

...and what an interesting idea of Armored Saint!
    wishlist '20:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:29 am

So much greatness in this thread over the past pages...

Margie, that pic is priceless! I particularly like the expression on your face. I am pleased to have never had the honour of being told off by you ;)

I was already wishing I'd been at that gig with you two and now, hearing the details, I'm just... La Raza did not particularly thrill me but them being back together and no doubt doing so much of their old catalog... Andy! Cage AND the SAINT!!! plz n' thnx :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good one!!!

Last gig: Loretta Lynn (the "coal miner's daughter") last Friday at Taste of Chicago - 79 year old country legend who still has an incredible voice! I probably would not have gone to this had it not been free - but so glad I did!

Next gig: Folk and Roots Fest today! All kinds of "world music" - one of the acts I'm most looking forward is a Tuareg musician from Mali named Bombino - first learned of this music via Tinariwen from Mali who I saw at Folk and Roots several years ago. Carlos Santana and Robert Plant are big fans of that group and have performed with them - really awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzWBow0OAeA
    http://www.chicagofolkandroots.org/2011 ... mbino.html
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:23 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:Kevin...They really didn't care. In fact they thought it was funny. Kim laughed out loud about the picture of you punching that dude in the face who was wearing a Blackguard shirt. It was all in good fun so tell your wife they are not sad about it. ;)

And...Thank you :D

Oh I believe it. I met Kim and that pink haired guy on the cruise, they seemed very nice even when I was busting their chops over touring too much and how they need jobs back home to keep them there. I've never heard anyone say a bad word about them as people at all. Heck I know a few peeps here in Orlando who finally got a chance to see them and they LOVE them. They of course can't understand my hatred (what simpletons). Kim apparently is "smitten" with "Olga from Orlando", or so I was told :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still doesn't change the fact that their music is utter garbage to the Nth Degree. :P I wouldn't have any problems telling them that if asked. But I would never go up to them for the point of just insulting them to be a rude prick. They not bad/arrogant guys at all, so it's not warranted unless they asked me :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just excited for them to go over to Europe. Then I'll have a NEW legion of minions to join my "I Hate Blackguard" regime. :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Post Reply 8043 posts