Post Reply 8242 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    debborah1
    Commander

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by debborah1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:00 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Man oh man....I might buy a ticket for Scorpions after all (if it's not sold out already!) - they are one of those bands I've always loved, but somehow never managed to see live. Problem is...I went online soon after they went on sale for here (Aug 21 is the date if I remember correctly) and the decent seats were pretty steep - I think close to $100 with all the service fees, so I decided to blow off buying tickets. The Rush shows here this summer are even more - close to $150 - argh. I decided not to get Rush tickets mainly because I feel like I've seen 'em enough times and most recently a few years ago. *sigh* - it's a quandry though cause I Iove those guys so much!! I think I've gotten spoiled going to so many great shows in small clubs for under $25 where you can get really close to the stage. Nothin like that experience in my book!
    ^^^^^
    After all that justifying above for NOT buying tickets for Rush and Scorpions, I just bought tickets for Rush (July 7) and Scorpions (Aug 21) - :roll: yay! Tickets weren't too outrageous after all - just opted for the lesser expensive ones. What a great summer for music it's gonna be. :beerwink:

AWESOME!!! Good for you!!! :headbanger: THE SCORP'S WILL BE OUT HERE WITH TESLA ON JULY 27TH! Its been way too long since Ive seen Scorpions and have always loved them....can't wait!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:26 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    WTG Tyrwoman!!

Ya only live once right?

ain't it THE truth!!

debborah1 wrote:AWESOME!!! Good for you!!! :headbanger: THE SCORP'S WILL BE OUT HERE WITH TESLA ON JULY 27TH! Its been way too long since Ive seen Scorpions and have always loved them....can't wait!

Cool! Enjoy! :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:31 am

Last gig was one that I played with my band in Calgary, got to hang out with our own Jake and the rest of his group as well as the guys from Odinfist from Armstrong, BC they'll be hitting up the cruise this January too. Good times. Next gig is Iron Maiden in Edmonton, with the afterparty put on by my homegrown heros Striker.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 am

Fuckin' Eh Dude!

Last-last gig was my buddies in Samandriel and Thrashomatic, wicked show!

Last gig was on Saturday. Octillian, Exit strategy, and Slough Feg! Awesome time at a sweet venue (where my avatar pic was taken! haha)

Next gig will be Dream Theater on sunday. I hear they're opening for a little band called eye-ron made-in???
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 am

Last gig was Overkill, Vader, Evile, God Dethroned, Warbringer in April

Next gig is Maiden and DT this Thursday night

Day after that are regional legends Dayglo Abortions, SNFU (Society's No Fucking Use) and Mr Plow!!

Might go see Woods of Ypres the day after that as well but not sure at the moment
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • DOGFACEGOD
    Petty Officer

by DOGFACEGOD » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:43 pm

:death: LAST SHOW: EYEHATEGOD AND NACHTMYSTIUM
    SHOWS COMING UP: CAGE: CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED: CARDIAC ARREST, HOD, GRAVEHILL: :headbanger: MAIDEN :headbanger: MAYHEM FEST: SUMMER SLAUGHTER: SLAYER, MEGADETH, TESTMENT :shred: ENTHRONED, DESTROYER 666: KATATONIA,SWALLOW THE SUN,ORPHAND LAND :D NEVERMORE, WARBRINGER: FORBIDDEN,EVILE :beerwink:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:34 pm

In case you were only paying attention to THIS forum, Pollstar.com posted these dates for Devin Townsend today with more to come.

Devin Townsend 6 updates
    Friday 10/08/2010 Vancouver, BC
    Saturday 10/09/2010 Seattle, WA
    Sunday 10/10/2010 Portland, OR
    Tuesday 10/12/2010 San Francisco, CA
    Thursday 10/14/2010 West Hollywood, CA
    Friday 10/15/2010 Ramona, CA
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Already got my full v.i.p. meet n' greet t-shirt n' a bag o' pucks ticket package bought n' paid for Craig :D

But thanks for posting and I hope lots o' folk here get to see this little tour. Even more so, I hope Dev gets booked for our trip!

Last gig - Maiden 8 days ago

Next gig - Melvins this Monday night

onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:13 am

Last: Scorpions, Cinderella-Detroit

Next: Rush-Chicago
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:52 am

onenight wrote:Last: Scorpions, Cinderella-Detroit

I'm jealous on both counts...

How were the Scorps?? Lots of old stuff or mostly from the last 20 years?

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:57 am

last gig/festival: graspop metal meeting... with kiss. aerosmith, soulfly, bloodbath, immortal, nile, sepultura, finntroll, amon amarth, alestorm and more:

next gig/festival: Bospop.. with: Status quo, billy idol, anvil, texas hippie coalition, john fogerty, crosby stills and nash, toto, TWISTED SISTER :shred: , and many more perfect older acts:D

and then back to the normal concerts:P
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:00 pm

onenight wrote:Last: Scorpions, Cinderella-Detroit

Duuuude! Which Rush gig are you going to? (I think the dates in Chicago were tonight and Wed, right?) I'll be there in 48 hours - yay!!!!! How was Scorpions? I'm going to see them in August!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm going to the one on Wed. Hope it does'nt rain. Last time I was there it stormed like hell. What section are you in? I'm on the floor section 207.
    Scorpions kicked ass, they are definitely going out at the top of their game. Cinderella would have been better if they would'nt have played every fricken balled they ever wrote, which is ALOT!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Belethhis
    Oiler

by Belethhis » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 am

Last Gig: Sonispherefestival (with Metallica, Motörhead, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax....)

Next Gig: Rocksound Openair (with Twisted Sister, Gotthard, Hammerfall....)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:28 am

Last night - Melvins at the Rickshaw... All I can say is wow! Ummm... I did not buy a t-shirt and can't say it was up there with any of the best shows I've ever seen but definitely one of the more interesting and unique shows for sure. They had 2 drummers for the entirety of both their sets and these guys tore it up, beat for beat with each other like nobody's business. All 4 guys were in some kind of a dress, the bass player in particular had a sparkly cape and some other bizarre shit on and one of the drummers was in some kind of warrior gear. Their music is just so unlike anyone I've ever rocked out to but so intense and smartly crafted. I'd definitely go see them again. Great, loud and enthusiastic sold out crowd too. Opening band were not so great and I did not catch their name.

Next gig - I wish I could go see High On Fire on Thursday night but I can't afford to take another day off work so soon so I have to wait til Saturday night and then it's GOLERS and Ninjaspy at Funky Winkerbean's on Hastings (a bar about as big as my basement suite haha... gonna beee LOUUUUDD!!!)

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:33 pm

onenight wrote:I'm going to the one on Wed. Hope it does'nt rain. Last time I was there it stormed like hell. What section are you in? I'm on the floor section 207.
    Scorpions kicked ass, they are definitely going out at the top of their game. Cinderella would have been better if they would'nt have played every fricken balled they ever wrote, which is ALOT!

Yeah, I hope it doesn't rain too - the last show I went to there (Styx, Foreigner, & Kansas a month ago) it rained the entire time! I cheaped out for this show - got a $50 ticket up in section 312. Can't wait till tomorrow night!!! :D

Great to hear about Scorpions - never saw them live and I'm really looking forward to it!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Great to hear about Scorpions - never saw them live and I'm really looking forward to it!

Same here... so jealous... Have a blast!! :cool:

Mr Scheme
    Oiler

by Mr Scheme » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 am

- last gig i saw was Alestorm in Sydney

- and next one will Testament in Sydney

not including other local Aussie bands and gigs I'm going to
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Last gig: Rush...well, it was supposed to be Rush. It rained, and they canceled. How fucking stupid! All the fans sat in the rain for an hour so we could turn around and go back home. It said rain or shine on the ticket. Stupid fucking shit!

Next gig: Iron Maiden, Dream Theater--Detroit....I hope
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:53 pm

onenight wrote:Last gig: Rush...well, it was supposed to be Rush. It rained, and they canceled. How fucking stupid! All the fans sat in the rain for an hour so we could turn around and go back home. It said rain or shine on the ticket. Stupid fucking shit!

I feel your pain!!!!! What a huge disappointment!! I've been going to shows for a long time and I've never had that happen!! Enjoy Iron Maiden & Dream Theater!!

My next gig: besides my pre-Wacken trip to Norway (and whatever music I end up catching there) and the pre-Wacken stuff on Wed., it will be:
    August 5 @ Wacken (starts late on the first day)
    4:00-5:00p Skyline
    5:00-6:00p Svartsot
    5:30-7:00p Alice Cooper
    7:00-8:00p Torfrock
    7:30-9:00p Motley Crue
    8:00-9:00p Wacken Firefighters
    9:30-11:30p Iron Maiden
    1:00-6:00a Metal Hammer Party / Karaoke

and then there is Friday & Saturday! :cheers:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm

onenight wrote:Last gig: Rush...well, it was supposed to be Rush. It rained, and they canceled. How fucking stupid! All the fans sat in the rain for an hour so we could turn around and go back home. It said rain or shine on the ticket. Stupid fucking shit!

Wow... That's just awful.

Sorry to hear it and am feeling yer pain :evil:

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:25 am

next gig i am leaving for today:D

its time for BOSPOP!!!

with a lot of old rock:D

billy idol, status quo twisted sister... and my personal high:D

the TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION!!!!

i seemingly have a fetish for very heavy singers:O

swashbuckle thc... well uhm... IM OFF... to the beer and rock:D:D:D
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:22 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Wow... That's just awful.

Sorry to hear it and am feeling yer pain :evil:

The worst part was that they made us wait for a long time before making the announcement! In addition, SOOOooo many people I talked to on the way out live a couple of hours away or more (one guy & his son had come in from 6 hours away and it was the son's first gig!). So, yes, it was a bummer - I just hope I won't have a conflict with whatever date they pick for the rescheduled gig!

Michaelage wrote:next gig i am leaving for today:

its time for BOSPOP!!!

with a lot of old rock:D

billy idol, status quo twisted sister...

sounds great - have fun!!!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:22 pm

At this point, last gig was Cannibal Corpse back in May and the next show coming up is the Scorpions (with Ratt as openers). I'm not really sure if them open is any better then Cinderella, but chances are they won't really be playing any ballads, so that's a plus. Wished we could've gotten Dokken instead though.

Summer Slaughter is hitting here about a week after that, but considering it's on a Monday and starts at 2pm, I'm gonna have to pass on that one as I only like about half that package anyway.

Cynic will be hitting town on August 13th, so I'll probably go, even though they don't really do it for me anymore. I really only liked their demo material, but they never play that shit anymore because it's too heavy and simplistic for them. So then why go, you might ask? Because maybe I'll enjoy some of the other bands and it's something to do.

However, September 5th brings the return of Exodus, and that does excite me. A thrashin' I will go!

There's also a rumor about the Fall leg of the American Carnage tour (with Anthrax in place of Testament) hitting town on October 3rd, so we'll see how that pans out.

Overkill and Nile will each be visiting with their respective tours in November, and Epica/ Scar Symmetry coming in mid- December :headbanger:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:50 am

Last night - Golers, Tendonitis, Ninjaspy & Burstfire:

Pretty cool local gig. I was a bit wiped so it seemed to take a long time for Golers to get on but that's not cuz the other 3 sucked so much as it was because I just wasn't patient enough to fully get into bands I was unfamiliar with. I know that few hear will likely ever see any of these bands so a review is unnecessary but I'm bored so :P

Burstfire opened and the vocalist came out looking like a terrorist wearing overalls and a balaclava and delivering a barrage of vocals ranging from death growls to pig squeals and every inaudible thing in between. Not my favourite style but he does what he does very well. Incredibly powerful stuff from this 5 piece and a band I expect I'll see again on future local bills.

Ninjaspy are about to leave for a short tour of Japan so they tried out a bunch of new material on the crowd. They had a decent number of what appeared to be very loyal, local followers on hand that seemed to know every word to all their songs so the crowd energy was good in that regard but the stuff just didn't translate live as well as I hoped it would. Something tells me they're one of those bands destined to do better on bigger stages as opposed to small rooms. Their tunes constantly shifted from some sort of nu-metal stuff to heavy/funk/reggae and back with some bright spots in between. No lack of talent on any member of this 3 piece but they just didn't do it for me. Also, the frontman seemed to enjoy getting people to do spin kicks in circle pits. I found that odd, couldn't really get into it and I think my new found interest in this band quite suddenly turned into the short-lived variety.

Tendonitis was pretty cool as they had no vocals and no leads, just a 3 piece that was fast and tight as all hell. I guess they took their name from how the guitarists wrists feel after every gig :lol:

Golers basically just brought the same thing they have every time I've seen them. Fast, loud, aggressive, tight and heavy thrash/hardcore that gets most everyone in the place banging their head. Sadly, I was wiped and had somewhere else I wanted to be as well so I booked out a little early.

Next gig - West of Hell, Unleash the Archers & Kooznetz on Friday :headbanger:

Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:42 am

Last night the Bulletboys who were lame but my band was opening so I was there...tonight, Iron Maiden!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:59 pm

QUOTE "There's also a rumor about the Fall leg of the American Carnage tour (with Anthrax in place of Testament) hitting town on October 3rd, so we'll see how that pans out." QUOTE

I also heard that. I have tickets for that show in Chicago. Personally I would rather see Testament than Anthrax.
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 am

Last gig I saw was Decapitated

Next gig: Wacken! ( Don't know which band plays first)
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    corrosive
    Crewman

by corrosive » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 pm

The last show i was at was Iron Maiden/ Dream Theater...

Next show is Heavy MTL!! woo hoo

so many concerts this year!!
    Been cruisin' since 2011...haven't missed one yet!
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Adrift,the Obsessed,Down, Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Sacrifice, Razor,Evile,Bonded by Blood,
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:44 pm

corrosive wrote:Next show is Heavy MTL!! woo hoo

Is that MTL as in Montreal?
    Local band with creative use of city abbreviation?
    Or a name for a local metal fest?

Either way, and If I'm right, very clever!

*edit* wow yeah, just googled it. Decent lineup for sure!! Have fun :headbanger:

Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:13 am

Awww I'm soooo jealous, I have YET to be able to catch 3 Inches, I've been told they're soooo good live. Boyfriend got a black eye in the pit at their show though, and said it was totally worth it :lol:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:29 am

Hey, onenight - did you hear that the rescheduled Chicago gig is August 23? (got an email about it today).
    Luckily I don't have a schedule conflict, although it is a Monday night which kinda sucks. To boot, it's the Monday after the Slayer (8/20) and Scorpions (8/21) gigs :shock: :lol: - a big party weekend to be sure!! :headbanger: :cheers: :headbanger:

Brodd wrote:Next gig: Wacken! ( Don't know which band plays first)

Cool - me too!! Loved it so much last summer, decided I had to go again! In fact, I'm flying to Oslo, Norway two weeks from today, then to Hamburg/Wacken on Tuesday, Aug 3 (decided to go earlier this year since they have all the cool stuff going on in the Medieval Wacken on Wed already.) :viking: :viking: :viking:

onenight wrote:QUOTE "There's also a rumor about the Fall leg of the American Carnage tour (with Anthrax in place of
    Testament) hitting town on October 3rd, so we'll see how that pans out." QUOTE I also heard that. I have tickets for that show in Chicago. Personally I would rather see Testament than Anthrax.

I've never seen Anthrax, yet I have seen Testament, so I wouldn't mind the swap. Either way... :headbanger:
    corrosive
    Crewman

by corrosive » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Ya its a pretty amazing festival! i have never been!!
    I have tickets for Canadian Carnage tour with Testament, Exodus in Aug, Slash in Sept, Bret Michaels in Sept, and the American Carnage tour with Anthrax in Oct...its been an awesome year for concerts!!!!
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    corrosive wrote:Next show is Heavy MTL!! woo hoo

Is that MTL as in Montreal?
    Local band with creative use of city abbreviation?
    Or a name for a local metal fest?

Either way, and If I'm right, very clever!

*edit* wow yeah, just googled it. Decent lineup for sure!! Have fun :headbanger:
    Been cruisin' since 2011...haven't missed one yet!
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Adrift,the Obsessed,Down, Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Sacrifice, Razor,Evile,Bonded by Blood,
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:05 am

No long review this time but just got home from West of Hell, Unleash The Archers and Kooznetz

Fun times and I think Unleash the Archers may go far. Female vocalist classically trained with killer set of pipes complimented by guitarist who does lots of death metal type screams. Well blended and the band was tight.

Those of ya into progressive/thrash may wanna give 'em a listen UTA

oh... and next gig is Bison and a bunch of other locals next Friday night after watching the streaming Death Angel/Soilwork and others gig online :headbanger:

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:32 am

Last gig- Altar of Plagues (Ireland), Velnias, Alda (Last Friday)
    Next gig- Drawn & Quartered/Nekro Morphosis/Phlephegon/Churchburner (Local show- Tonight)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • DOGFACEGOD
    Petty Officer

by DOGFACEGOD » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:36 pm

IRON MAIDEN (IN ABOUT 4 HRS. CAN NOT WAIT) :headbanger:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Last gig:
    Classical/Metal Violinist Rachel Barton Pine at Millennium Park, Chicago on July 11
    The concert was in three parts: part 1 was her classical trio Trio Settecento, part 2 was her performing with a symphony orchestra, and part 3 was her metal band Earthen Grave! It was an awesome night even though it rained almost the whole time and I got pretty soaked!
    http://www.rachelbartonpine.com/
    cool pic of the Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park (designed by Frank Gehry) for those who might not know it:

next gig: ULVER in Oslo, Norway on July 31st!!! Just found out about this yesterday and since I will be in Norway before Wacken, I quickly went online and got tickets! I am so psyched I almost can't stand it! :lol: :D :D :D :D
    Not only do I love Ulver and never thought I would have a chance to see them....but they are performing in Oslo's Opera House which was just finished in 2008 and is a totally awesome looking building by the Norwegian architecture firm Snohetta. http://www.snoarc.no/#/projects/15/false/all/
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:44 am

I hate you tyrwoman. lol JUST KIDDING. But you live in my favorite US city and are going ULVER? Damn! I will be in Norway three weeks after you for Hole in the SKy
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:25 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I hate you tyrwoman. lol JUST KIDDING. But you live in my favorite US city and are going ULVER? Damn! I will be in Norway three weeks after you for Hole in the SKy

:lol: :cheers: :headbanger:
    Yeah, I can't believe my luck that I will happen to be in Oslo (first trip to Norway for me) when Ulver is peforming! I also can't believe that I was able to get a pretty decent seat in the 12th row main floor for around $60!! For those who don't know this Norwegian band (I only became familiar with them last year when a friend recommended them), they started out as a black metal band in the 1990's and eventually morphed into doing music which can be described as experimental, electronic, ambient, avant-garde. Here's a youtube audio of a song from their black metal period Bergtatt - Ind i Fjeldkamrene from the album Bergtatt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Qrz1dH6jc and another from their later style (and one of my favorites - so beautiful imo, great lyrics too!) - Vigil from the album Shadows of the Sun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FLQhZz5AnM

Sorry to go on and on...but here is a cool picture of the band:

and the Opera House in Oslo where they will be performing on July 31st. :cool:

Scott - very cool you're going to Hole in the Sky - maybe I'll do that festival next summer. I won't make it up to Bergen on this trip - would love to go sometime - it looks like about the most beautiful place on earth! :D
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Sadly, Bison had to cancel Friday night so I won't see them until they open for Helmet in September.

So, last gig West of Hell and Unleash the Archers, next gig, Soilwork, Death Angel, Augury, Mutiny Within and Swashbuckle on Wednesday night. Just saw it (sans MW) last night online from Millwaukee and must say the two headliners kicked major ass. I'm way more looking forward to Soilwork than I was before seeing/hearing that. And Death Angel has long been one of my top bands I could never tire of seeing.

Post Reply 8242 posts