Post Reply 8046 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
  • User avatar
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 142
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:45 pm
    Location: Leesburg, Florida

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Sinister Realm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:26 am

    Last Gig was a big one for me...Wacken

    Next gig will be when my band plays with Accept and Kings X in October. I've also got Overkill and then Slayer marked on my calendar.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:16 am

    Sinister Realm wrote:Next gig will be when my band plays with Accept and Kings X in October.

    That's a NICE bill to be on! Congrats and have fun!!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Disaster Area » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 am

    Sinister Realm wrote:Last Gig was a big one for me...Wacken

    Next gig will be when my band plays with Accept and Kings X in October. I've also got Overkill and then Slayer marked on my calendar.


    KINGS X! Pinnick is one of my favorite musicians, I have been a huge fan for years, lived in Houston when they were getting started in the early 80's. I will admit a slight tinge of jealousy on this one...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    Element0s
    Midshipman
    Posts: 713
    Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm
    Location: Edmonton, AB
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Element0s » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:32 am

    Last gig was seeing my buddies from Viathyn and Thrashomatic at my hometown while I was visiting my parents. Next gig? Not sure. Maybe the Alberta Metal Awards or something next week.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

    GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by viathyn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm

    Element0s wrote:Last gig was seeing my buddies from Viathyn and Thrashomatic at my hometown while I was visiting my parents. Next gig? Not sure. Maybe the Alberta Metal Awards or something next week.

    Sloppy sloppy sloppy!
    hahahaha. Ugh. Our recording got totally fucked. Guess we won't be on the DVD! (Unless we use our album audio.. which we could definitely do because of the click track..)

    Drinking until 5:30 in the am! wooo.

    Good to see you there buddy, we had a lot of fun
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7717
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 pm

    My next gig is currently METALLICA coming up later this year with Lamb of God.

    I also just bought a ticket to next years SOUNDWAVE Festival - 70 bands including Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, Avenged Sevenfold, Slayer, Slash, Stone Sour, Primus, Pennywise, Gang of Four, Social Distortion, MxPx, Sum 41, Devildriver, Monster Magnet, Protest the Hero, Melvins, 36 Crazyfists, Il Nino, The Sword, Kylesa.

    I wouldn't mind seeing all those!! So unfortunately there will be clashes for sure.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    Bell
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:06 pm
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Bell » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:22 pm

    Soundwave lineup looks AMAZING!
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:19 pm

    viathyn wrote:Sloppy sloppy sloppy!
    hahahaha. Ugh. Our recording got totally fucked. Guess we won't be on the DVD! (Unless we use our album audio...

    Sorry to hear that :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Vullus
    Wiper
    Posts: 3
    Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm
    Location: The Netherlands
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Vullus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 pm

    Last gigs/festivals
    14-08 Wooferland
    19-07 Morcheeba
    10-07 Prince
    16-05 Wovenhand
    12-05 Tindersticks
    01-05 Editors
    25-04 Thee Silver Mt. Zion
    29-03 Tom McRae
    15-02 the Veils
    06-02 Mastodon
    04-02 Machine Head
    22-01 The Perfect TOOL

    Next gigs/festivals
    12-12 Thrashfest Tour 2010
    19-11 Broken Social Scene
    10-11 Volbeat
    20-10 Grinderman
    11-10 Oceansize
    02-10 The Dillinger Escape Plan
    28-09 Brandon Flowers
    19-09 Korn
    11-09 Muse (Engeland)
    06-09 Limp Bizkit
    30-08 Eels
    20-08 Lowlands
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by onenight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:59 pm

    Vullus wrote:Last gigs/festivals
    14-08 Wooferland
    19-07 Morcheeba
    10-07 Prince
    16-05 Wovenhand
    12-05 Tindersticks
    01-05 Editors
    25-04 Thee Silver Mt. Zion
    29-03 Tom McRae
    15-02 the Veils
    06-02 Mastodon
    04-02 Machine Head
    22-01 The Perfect TOOL

    Next gigs/festivals
    12-12 Thrashfest Tour 2010
    19-11 Broken Social Scene
    10-11 Volbeat
    20-10 Grinderman
    11-10 Oceansize
    02-10 The Dillinger Escape Plan
    28-09 Brandon Flowers
    19-09 Korn
    11-09 Muse (Engeland)
    06-09 Limp Bizkit
    30-08 Eels
    20-08 Lowlands



    Prince??????? was someone holding a gun to your head? :ugeek:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:48 pm

    So sleep deprived right now can't even remember last gig.. oh yeah, Mendozza and Jucifer

    SO stoked to be going to a gig tonight!!! Didn't think this was til NEXT Thursday and almost missed it!!!


    SKULL FIST
    BLACK WIZARD
    TWISTED
    STRYKER

    Trust me... check out Black Wizard from New Westminster on myspace ... Sabbath circa 1972 reborn in my backyard (except I think they have 2 Tony Iommis) lol

    off to nap ... let the heavy metal holidays begin mo(*^&^ers!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3860
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by TOM CRUISE » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:03 pm

    Last Gig- Problem Child- Authentic Bon Scott era AC/DC tribute from Seattle and totally killer

    Next Gig- Right now and leaving- Enthroned/Destroyer 666 :shred:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:13 am

    Can't say enough good things about Skull Fist and Black Wizard. Those 2 bands, although quite different from each other, both absolutely tore it up last night!

    I thought Stryker was gonna be Striker (Fuck Volcanoes guys from Edmonton) so was pretty disappointed and confused when they didn't kick much ass but A for effort for a young band.

    The opener, Twisted, has a long way to go to get super tight but AAA+ for effort and enthusiasm that just dripped off each band member, off the stage and onto the floor to set the tone for the night. Young lead guitarist vocalist shreds with amazing effortlessness that I'm sure will see him go far. They closed with a cover of Rock You Like a Hurricane that had everyone in the room grinning from ear to ear :headbanger:

    Not sure if I'm off to Enthroned and Destroyer 666 tonight or not (torn cuz I like D666 but not so into Enthroned) but really thinking of going on the Rockin' Taco Boat Cruise tomorrow night. 3 great bands, a 4 hour cruise ship warm up and TACOS!!!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    sabaton
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 259
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:12 pm

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by sabaton » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 am

    last Zwarte Cross
    next Gamma Bomb
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:05 am

    sabaton wrote:last Zwarte Cross
    next Gamma Bomb


    sO HOW DO YOU LIKE gAMMA bOMB?...How would you describe them?....Ive yet to check them out...just curious of anothers opinion :D
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 am

    debborah1 wrote:sO HOW DO YOU LIKE gAMMA bOMB?...How would you describe them?....Ive yet to check them out...just curious of anothers opinion :D

    LISTEN LISTEN!!!
    ooops.. forgot ... no youtube at your work right? damn!
    TRY THIS!!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 am

    yep....you got it......nuthin.....................booooooooo....I will def give a listen at home though...Thanx Rob :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:38 am

    debborah1 wrote:yep....you got it......nuthin.....................booooooooo...

    No myspace either? You working in old Russia???
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:53 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:yep....you got it......nuthin.....................booooooooo...

    No myspace either? You working in old Russia???

    LOL.....Nope....I guess they actually want us to be "productive".......pffft....go figure :?
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • DOGFACEGOD
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 117
    Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:55 pm
    Location: CHICAGO

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by DOGFACEGOD » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 pm

    WENT TO SEE MEGADETH(KILLER)TESTAMENT(KICKASS :shred: ) SLAYER (FUCKING GREAT :headbanger: ) AND HAD A THRASHING TIME :beerwink: AND A GUY GAVE ME 3 TICKETS TO SEE KAMELOT AT THE RAVE IN MILWAUKEE ON THE 22ND OF SEPT...UNABLE TO GO TOOK OFF TO SEE ICED EARTH IN CHICAGO ON THE 21ST...ANY ONE IN THIS AREA WHO WANTS THE TICKETS LET ME KNOW :trashdrink:
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3860
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by TOM CRUISE » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:41 am

    Last- Enthroned/Destroyer 666

    Next- Hole in the Sky- Bergen, Norway
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by onenight » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:45 pm

    Lat gig: Slayer, Megadeth, Testament. in Chicago

    Next gig: maybe Nevermore, don't know yet.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by viathyn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:07 am

    Last - Alberta Metal Awards [Phantom Limb, Death Toll Rising, 2 more.]

    Next - Exit strategy CD release.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Laura » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:36 am

    Last night: Rush (great!)
    Next: Dir en Grey and Apocalyptica on September 1
    Image
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 am

    onenight wrote:Lat gig: Slayer, Megadeth, Testament. in Chicago

    Next gig: maybe Nevermore, don't know yet.

    Whats up ONENIGHTSTAN????....So how did you like the Amercan Carnege tour??....I'll be hangin out with them this Friday in Phoenix.....been waitin since January! lol....havent heard much from others how they liked it....
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • ShreddinJ
    Oiler
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm
    Location: New Jersey

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShreddinJ » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:49 pm

    Hey Deb, here's my little review of the American Carnage show I saw that I posted on another forum:

    I attended the American Carnage show at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ on 8/12. I thought I would post a little mini-review:

    Testament
    I had to haul ass to get to the show and I was surprised to be able to get there in time for Testament. However, they were already playing when I walked in at around 7:05-7:10 pm so I don't know how many songs I missed.

    I like this band a lot but the last 2 times I saw them were definitely better. Their sound system seemed a little off and at times Bostaph and the guitar players seemed a little out of time. Bostaph still can pound those drums though. Billy had plenty of energy and was playing to the crowd well. There was a great moment where he told the left and right sides of the pit to line up and then charge at each other. It was like some sort of Thrash Metal Braveheart Battle Most Pit. Awesome.

    I was glad to hear some tunes off of The Gathering such as DNR and 3 Days of Darkness.

    Megadeth
    My main reason for going to this show. Sound problems still seemed to persist through their first two songs, which were Holy Wars... and Hangar 18, since they were playing RIP start to finish. I missed most of Holy Wars... because I was looking for my girlfriend's camera that she dropped (we eventually found it after the show thankfully). By the third song the sound seemed to even out. Dave Mustaine seemed to be totally killing with his guitar playing, much more into it then the last time I saw them (granted it was the 2nd night of a two night stint in NYC so he was probably a bit worn out). It was great to see Ellefson on stage back with the band and he seemed to be really enjoying it. Chris Broderick was a sight to see, as usual. The highlights for me were Broderick NAILING the Tornado of Souls solo (although he didn't improv towards the end a little like he did when I saw them last) and Peace Sells. I can't really describe it but that night's version of Peace Sells was INSANE (maybe something to do with Ellefson being back and nailing those bass lines?).

    Slayer
    I didn't know what to expect from Slayer as I haven't seen them live in 10 years. However, they were ON. I was really glad to hear songs like War Ensemble and Expendable Youth. Tom didn't do the scream at the beginning of Angel of Death, but I know his voice ain't what it used to be. My girlfriend enjoyed Slayer and I was glad because I didn't know if Slayer was really her thing, as opposed to say, Megadeth, whom she really likes. They didn't play an encore, which was unexpected, unless Reign in Blood and Angel of Death were supposed to be their encore, I don't know. I guess they were running up against time constraints.
    Wishlist: Edguy/Avantasia, Helloween, Jag Panzer, Virgin Steele, Overkill, Immortal, Primal Fear, Kreator, Accept, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Slough Feg, Lord (Aus)
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm

    Cool review J, thanks!

    I'm a lil surprised to hear the bit about Chuck doing that with the crowd as I thought that was Exodus' thing. There's youtube footage of them doing it at Wacken and they did it here when I saw them and then again recently when I didn't go but my buddy did. Maybe it's a Bay area thing that many bands do and it was just that Exodus was the first band that I saw do it.

    Glad your lady enjoyed Slayer. Too bad Tom can't bang his head like he used to but his neck's toast so he has to nurse it. Maybe still healing in the vocal dept too? Lucky you guys found the camera!! Tell her to tie a string around it next time :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 pm

    And AWAY we go!!!

    Last gig was the Black Wizard, Skull Fist, Stryker, Twisted show I was raving about earlier...

    Now it's off for a blast (well, maybe more like a pop) from the past. Haven't seen them since 1980 or 81 but Loverboy is playing a free gig across the street at the PNE and some friends are going so... okay I admit it! I have FIVE Loverboy tattoos and they're my FAVOURITE band of all time (just kidding) :lol:

    Enjoy the night everyone!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • ShreddinJ
    Oiler
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm
    Location: New Jersey

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShreddinJ » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:Cool review J, thanks!

    I'm a lil surprised to hear the bit about Chuck doing that with the crowd as I thought that was Exodus' thing. There's youtube footage of them doing it at Wacken and they did it here when I saw them and then again recently when I didn't go but my buddy did. Maybe it's a Bay area thing that many bands do and it was just that Exodus was the first band that I saw do it.

    Glad your lady enjoyed Slayer. Too bad Tom can't bang his head like he used to but his neck's toast so he has to nurse it. Maybe still healing in the vocal dept too? Lucky you guys found the camera!! Tell her to tie a string around it next time :lol:


    Hehe. Yeah apparently that whole thing is called the "Wall of Death" and it's a lot more common than I even knew. First time I saw it.

    I like the string for the camera idea! I'll be sure to remember that! :D
    Wishlist: Edguy/Avantasia, Helloween, Jag Panzer, Virgin Steele, Overkill, Immortal, Primal Fear, Kreator, Accept, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Slough Feg, Lord (Aus)
  • User avatar
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 531
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Michaelage » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:11 am

    this year was like the wall of death times @ graspop... like every band and their mothers... did a wall of death..

    only band who couldn't was aerosmith... at the time it felt like even kiss tried it...
    Image
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 pm

    Interesting trend. When Exodus did it, I was left wondering what kind of liability a performer might have for telling half the audience to kill the other half and vice versa if, metal gods forbid, someone were to actually die of an injury sustained in the resulting collision. I'll just file this one under stand back and watch ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 pm

    ShreddinJ wrote:Hey Deb, here's my little review of the American Carnage show I saw that I posted on another forum:

    I attended the American Carnage show at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ on 8/12. I thought I would post a little mini-review:

    Testament
    I had to haul ass to get to the show and I was surprised to be able to get there in time for Testament. However, they were already playing when I walked in at around 7:05-7:10 pm so I don't know how many songs I missed.

    I like this band a lot but the last 2 times I saw them were definitely better. Their sound system seemed a little off and at times Bostaph and the guitar players seemed a little out of time. Bostaph still can pound those drums though. Billy had plenty of energy and was playing to the crowd well. There was a great moment where he told the left and right sides of the pit to line up and then charge at each other. It was like some sort of Thrash Metal Braveheart Battle Most Pit. Awesome.

    I was glad to hear some tunes off of The Gathering such as DNR and 3 Days of Darkness.

    Megadeth
    My main reason for going to this show. Sound problems still seemed to persist through their first two songs, which were Holy Wars... and Hangar 18, since they were playing RIP start to finish. I missed most of Holy Wars... because I was looking for my girlfriend's camera that she dropped (we eventually found it after the show thankfully). By the third song the sound seemed to even out. Dave Mustaine seemed to be totally killing with his guitar playing, much more into it then the last time I saw them (granted it was the 2nd night of a two night stint in NYC so he was probably a bit worn out). It was great to see Ellefson on stage back with the band and he seemed to be really enjoying it. Chris Broderick was a sight to see, as usual. The highlights for me were Broderick NAILING the Tornado of Souls solo (although he didn't improv towards the end a little like he did when I saw them last) and Peace Sells. I can't really describe it but that night's version of Peace Sells was INSANE (maybe something to do with Ellefson being back and nailing those bass lines?).

    Slayer
    I didn't know what to expect from Slayer as I haven't seen them live in 10 years. However, they were ON. I was really glad to hear songs like War Ensemble and Expendable Youth. Tom didn't do the scream at the beginning of Angel of Death, but I know his voice ain't what it used to be. My girlfriend enjoyed Slayer and I was glad because I didn't know if Slayer was really her thing, as opposed to say, Megadeth, whom she really likes. They didn't play an encore, which was unexpected, unless Reign in Blood and Angel of Death were supposed to be their encore, I don't know. I guess they were running up against time constraints.

    WOW....thanks for this review hun....(dont know how I missed it..)Im really excited....I know the Venue well that they will play out here (Dodge Theatre) and soundwise it's AWESOME!....Im glad they decided to do it there rather thatn the Cricket Pavilion....you lose so much in places like that.....I havent sean Megadeth in what seems like forever....always have love for Testament :o) Go Paul & Chuck!....Slayer I saw a few years back and like you said...they were def ON.....The pit gets pretty crazy...but so much fun to ...(stand on the sidelines....and watch!)
    Thanks again! I'll let ya know how it went out here after this Friday :o)....... \m/ (><) \m/ :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2958
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Malaka » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:52 pm

    Debb, I don't want to hear about it... I'll be at work. :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

    Naw but seriously, have fun and enjoy Fuckin' SSSSSSLLLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYYYEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!! :shred: :headbanger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:55 pm

    SlaytanicE21 wrote:Debb, I don't want to hear about it... I'll be at work. :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

    Naw but seriously, have fun and enjoy Fuckin' SSSSSSLLLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYYYEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!! :shred: :headbanger:

    Awwww....booooooooo.....that sux ur gonna miss it...but hey......a job.....is good thing to have! ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7717
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:02 pm

    My next gig could very well be "No Sleep Til":

    http://www.nosleeptil.com.au/

    A wild mix indeed, but Megadeth, NoFx, gwar, Alkaline Trio, Me First, 3 Inches of Blood and Katatonia would make a good day out for me....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 531
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by Michaelage » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:06 am

    well... im thinking about seeing revamp again this sunday:D at the heerhugowaard date... and well after that... well see som hail of bullets or something:P
    Image
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:17 am

    THE AMERICAN CARNAGE TOUR.....TONITE TONITE TOOOONNIIIIITTTE!!!!........Yeah bitchez! :D :beerwink: :shred:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:20 am

    Image

    THRASH TIL DEATH BABY! :shred: :headbanger: :metalguy:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Helsingborg Sweden
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by SatansWrath » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:43 am

    Last gig, Fear Factory wacken ....next one 29.10.10 Sabaton and Alestorm ... I bet Alestorm will be on the boat to=)
    http://parethardrock.se/

    Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am

    debborah1 wrote:THE AMERICAN CARNAGE TOUR.....TONITE TONITE TOOOONNIIIIITTTE!!!!........Yeah bitchez! :D :beerwink: :shred:

    Sweet! Have fun young lady!! :headbanger:

    on a MUCH lighter note...

    last: Huey Lewis & The News (free at PNE Fair - stayed for 2 songs lol)

    next: Joan Jett & The Blackhearts (free at PNE Fair - probably stay for most before going to see the rest of a Tragically Hip tribute band playing for free at beer gardens)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Post Reply 8046 posts

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests