Post Reply 8046 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
  • FutileEternity
    Oiler

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by FutileEternity » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:15 am

Melt is a famous resturant in Cleveland. They're known for their crazy grilled cheeses! A ton of varities of them.
    Veteran of 2011 and 2012

At the Gates, Anata, Before the Dawn, Debauchery, Equilibrium, Mercenary, Holy Moses, Impious, Insomnium, Legion of the Damned, Kalmah, Skyfire, Omnium Gatherum, Bolt Thrower, The Crown, Witchery, Night in Gales
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 pm

FutileEternity wrote:Melt is a famous resturant in Cleveland. They're known for their crazy grilled cheeses! A ton of varities of them.

Sounds delicious! May have to check that out if I ever pass through Cleveland again.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:18 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    FutileEternity wrote:Melt is a famous resturant in Cleveland. They're known for their crazy grilled cheeses! A ton of varities of them.

Sounds delicious! May have to check that out if I ever pass through Cleveland again.

they have a bombass meatloaf sandwich but it's only available during the fall!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 am

mooyagi wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Paganfest tonight... about equally excited to eat at Melt on the way up *drool*

What's Melt?

Melt has "grilled cheese" sandwiches that are hard to consider grilled cheese... like, the Godfather is 3 cheese lasagna sandwich, I had The Dude Abides which has meatballs, marinara and mozzarella sticks on it... please is delicious and a great warm up for a fun show!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • FutileEternity
    Oiler

by FutileEternity » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 pm

I had the Parma, Italy, which is breaded chicken - just about the size of a whole chicken - provolone cheese, and pesto sauce. Absolutely excellent. Can't wait to go there again!
    Veteran of 2011 and 2012

At the Gates, Anata, Before the Dawn, Debauchery, Equilibrium, Mercenary, Holy Moses, Impious, Insomnium, Legion of the Damned, Kalmah, Skyfire, Omnium Gatherum, Bolt Thrower, The Crown, Witchery, Night in Gales
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Paganfest tonight... about equally excited to eat at Melt on the way up *drool*

What's Melt?

Melt has "grilled cheese" sandwiches that are hard to consider grilled cheese... like, the Godfather is 3 cheese lasagna sandwich, I had The Dude Abides which has meatballs, marinara and mozzarella sticks on it... please is delicious and a great warm up for a fun show!

I want that one! :shock:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:20 pm

AMON AMARTH NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT!!!! *girly squeal*

Seriously, so fucking excited. Haven't been to a gig since 70k 2012 and I am suffering bad from gig-withdrawal.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:40 am

My last gig was on the 25th February with 2 Swiss symphonic metal bands, Trophallaxy and Evenmore :beerbang:

The next ones will be at the 'Moon & Stars Festival' in Locarno (Switzerland), on the 6th July with Status Quo and Billy Idol and on the 7th July with Gotthard :twisted:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:32 am

Last: Sort Regn, Solbrud & Sylvatica

Next: Svartsot + two more bands tomorrow :party:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:10 am

Yesterday and the day before: Powerwolf, Mystic Prophecy and Stormwarrior in Hannover (D) and Kerkrade (NL)
    Tonight: Picture in Kerkrade (NL)
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:37 am

Today Agalloch + GHOST BRIGADE Next, THE CROWN!! Taake, sotajumala and many others
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:55 am

Yesterday: Picture
    Today: Paaspop (Finntroll, Hell, Accept, Enslaved...)
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Last one was Onslaught & M-Pire of Evil.
    Next up, I think I shall see our old pal Loomin' Jeff Loomis tomorrow night opening for Protest the Hero.
    Then we shall venture to Chicago on Friday to see Behemoth, The Devil's Blood & In Solitude.
    Guess I won't have to worry about whether or not Meredith will be repulsed by Watain's "death stench" since they are not going to be playing that night due to good ole "visa issues".
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Bentz! wrote:Last one was Onslaught & M-Pire of Evil.
    Next up, I think I shall see our old pal Loomin' Jeff Loomis tomorrow night opening for Protest the Hero.
    Then we shall venture to Chicago on Friday to see Behemoth, The Devil's Blood & In Solitude.
    Guess I won't have to worry about whether or not Meredith will be repulsed by Watain's "death stench" since they are not going to be playing that night due to good ole "visa issues".

Does any other country have all these fucking visa issues that the US seems to get? :roll:
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:30 am

Last gig Sodom
    Next...
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 am

Wow, Pablov. That's a hell of a lineup!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 am

Death stench, eh? I heard about it. Lucky for me I bearly have any sense of smell, so it won't bother me. They're playing in a small shithole place, so I'm sure it will be horrid in there for everyone else. Can't wait to see them next Friday with Behemoth! How is Devil's Blood and In Solitude?

I went to our local weekly Monday Metal at the 2 Bit in Ballard on Monday night to support our local metal and a couple of touring bands. Monolith from California were my favorite of the touring bands. Thrash!!!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/MonolithThrash

Going to see Sepultura, Death Angel and Havok on Friday!! Hell yeah! :deathhorns:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Going to Chicago for Creed’s two night stand of playing “My Own Prison” and ‘Human Clay” in their entirety plus other tunes.
    http://youtu.be/C0dDohNwzYE
    http://youtu.be/Xpl2LwFt8x8
    http://youtu.be/iAUaF4AbsvE
    Love or hate them they are what they are.
    :heavydrink:
    And meeting up with some of the forum family members of Chicagoland.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:45 am

metalgoddess wrote:

Death stench, eh? I heard about it. Lucky for me I bearly have any sense of smell, so it won't bother me. They're playing in a small shithole place, so I'm sure it will be horrid in there for everyone else. Can't wait to see them next Friday with Behemoth! How is Devil's Blood and In Solitude?

I've seen Watain 3-4 times, the farther into the tour, the worse the smell gets. The one time I saw them on the latter half of the tour, the goat skulls (?) stunk up the whole room. Even the crust punks at the show complained afterward of the odor. :lol: With that said, I am still bummed I am on one of the first 4 dates of the Decibel tour that doesn't get Watain. My friend works at the local venue & I guess the singer messed up his visa.

I saw In Solitude last year at Maryland Deathfest. I thought they were great. It was a early/mid 80's metal sound to me.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:40 am

pablov8 wrote:Last gig Sodom
    Next...

Holy FUCK what an awesome line-up!!

I was looking forward to see Absu, Necronomicon and Agalloch this week, but I had to skip those shows as I'm not in London this week :bitch:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:14 pm

AMON AMARTH in Brisbane last night. Epic show.

Played for two hours, and a great great great setlist.

Ears are ringing, back is sore, neck is sore, but a really good night and something I really needed.

Full setlist:

War of the Gods
    Runes to My Memory
    Destroyer of the Universe
    Live Without Regrets
    Thousand Years
    Pursuit of Vikings
    For Victory or Death
    The Hero
    Valhalla Awaits Me
    Slaves of Fear
    Fate of Norns
    Bleed for Ancient Gods
    Under The Northern Star
    Free Will Sacrifice
    Cry of the Blackbirds
    Death In Fire
    Victorious March
    -------
    Twilight of the Thunder God
    Guardians of Asgaard

Video:
    The Hero
    War of the Gods

Next up - Ripper Owens in a few weeks.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:AMON AMARTH in Brisbane last night. Epic show.

Ears are ringing, back is sore, neck is sore, but a really good night and something I really needed.

Full setlist:

War of the Gods
    Runes to My Memory
    Live Without Regrets
    Thousand Years
    Pursuit of Vikings
    For Victory or Death
    The Hero
    Valhalla Awaits Me
    Slaves of Fear
    Fate of Norns
    Bleed for Ancient Gods
    Under The Northern Star
    Free Will Sacrifice
    Cry of the Blackbirds
    Death In Fire
    Victorious March
    -------
    Guardians of Asgaard

Video:
    The Hero
    War of the Gods

NICE setlist. gnoffi shall be jealous for sure.
    EveryFairyDies
    Oiler

by EveryFairyDies » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Amon Amarth were very awesome, especially since they'd just flown in from Japan that morning! They'd probably had no sleep, and we all saw that the airline food didn't go down well... or stay down. \../

Next international gig will be DevilDriver in May. Until then, weekly/fornightly local metal will have to suffice.

Australia seriously needs more big music festivals. Local stuff's great, but I get so jealous when I see mini-festivals in Europe/USA that feature, like, 10-20 international bands. We're lucky if we get a decent lineup at Soundwave. And then all the other international bands that come and only play Melbourne/Sydney and don't come to Brisbane! (But Dallas and I already bitched about this at Amon Amarth, so I won't go into it further).

That is all. End communication.
    VAN CANTO; Tarja; Within Temptation; Sabaton; Manowar; Apocalyptica; Dethklok; Lacuna Coil; Stream of Passion; Krypteria; Spinal Tap; Rammstein for 70,000 Tons 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/themoshpit100.3 for heavy metal in Brisbane!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:51 pm

cowboy71 wrote:AMON AMARTH in Brisbane last night. Epic show.

Full setlist:

War of the Gods
    Runes to My Memory
    Live Without Regrets
    Thousand Years
    Pursuit of Vikings
    For Victory or Death
    The Hero
    Valhalla Awaits Me
    Slaves of Fear
    Fate of Norns
    Bleed for Ancient Gods
    Under The Northern Star
    Free Will Sacrifice
    Cry of the Blackbirds
    Death In Fire
    Victorious March
    -------
    Guardians of Asgaard

Video:
    The Hero
    War of the Gods

:shock:

So jealous. It feels like its been a long time since I've seen them :cry:

Perfect world: see Amon Amarth AT LEAST once a month
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:42 pm

seeing Behemoth/Watain/In Solitude/Devil's Blood in two days! w00t!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:32 pm

gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Perfect world: see Amon Amarth AT LEAST once a day

I agree!

hahah nice edit....very nice.

i'd also like to see them WITH pyro again too! w00t!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:51 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Perfect world: see Amon Amarth AT LEAST once a day

I agree!

hahah nice edit....very nice.

i'd also like to see them WITH pyro again too! w00t!

YOU SAW THEM WITH PYRO?!?!?!

:cry:

*whilst thinking of Amon Amarth AND pyro in their show wanders off to find batteries*
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:09 pm

at House of Metal in Umeå they had fire balls, raining sparks, and flame columns all going off to match the music. it pretty much ruled. too bad i was still tired, jet lag...no pics.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:15 pm

WizardBeast wrote:at House of Metal in Umeå they had fire balls, raining sparks, and flame columns all going off to match the music. it pretty much ruled. too bad i was still tired, jet lag...no batteries.

Condolences on the last part :cry: Oh my goodness though that sounds amazing!!

Gnoff had it right. Everyday. Well, every night. (Days are for sleeping off the booze and Amon Amarth goodness headbanging sores and hangovers).
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:at House of Metal in Umeå they had fire balls, raining sparks, and flame columns all going off to match the music. it pretty much ruled. too bad i was still tired, jet lag...no batteries.

Gnoff had it right. Everyday. Well, every night. (Days are for sleeping off the booze and Amon Amarth goodness headbanging sores and hangovers).

That's pretty much Swedish style!!!!

when i was in sweden i saw amon amarth twice, but certainly heard them every day, and was drunk every day. there were no cats. it would have been your dream vacation!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

That's pretty much Swedish style!!!!

when i was in sweden i saw amon amarth twice, but certainly heard them every day, and was drunk every day. there were no cats. it would have been your dream vacation!

Take me with you next time :cry:

Think how beastly we could have been together! (Poor Gnoffi :lol: )
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 pm

i know! i wonder if he can handle both his beastly wives...LOL i guess we'll have to find out on Barge!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Saw Russian Circles and Deafheaven on Saturday at Virgin Oil. Both were ok, especially RC. Had never heard of either band before, but am glad I went (getting in for free helped a lot). The crowd was strange as it was some hipster douches mostly - honestly, there was no-one I've ever seen before and that is impossible at any metal gig in Helsinki.
    After RC I went to Club PRKL and saw Psychopunch. Not my thing that, so concentrated on getting drunk - with great success. :stagger:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:21 am

WizardBeast wrote:seeing Behemoth/Watain/In Solitude/Devil's Blood in two days! w00t!

Have a great time!

My last gig: Behemoth, The Devil's Blood, and In Solitude on last Friday, the 13th. :cool: GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!
    (which I already talked about here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2129&start=40 and here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2502&start=200 )
    and a pic with 70K f(r)iends Bentz! ( :lol: ), Meredith, and Nikki - we were remembering that we were all at Bottom Lounge together almost a year ago to the day (April 14, 2011) for the opening leg of the big Amon Amarth tour.

Next gig (and for something completely different! :P ) - one of my very favorite non-metal bands ever: Death Cab for Cutie, tomorrow night (!!!!) at the beautiful Chicago Theatre. I've never seen them - can't wait! Really hope they do this song....
    I Will Possess Your Heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-yP7mb8UE&ob=av2e (and I absolutely love this video which is largely of a young woman wandering about the world alone ;) )
    Ben Gibbard is one of my favorite lyricists ever as well - from this song:

How I wish you could see the potential,
    the potential of you and me.
    It's like a book elegantly bound but,
    in a language that you can't read.
    Just yet.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Hmm, apparently it's snowing in Central Finland this week and I already have my summer tires on, so I'm not driving up there for the weekend.
    Club PRKL has "Kuritushuone V" (an event where mostly Finnish smaller bands get to play) on Friday. They have Mors Subita (death metal), DelayHead (sort of thrash) and 0xist (dark metal?) on the bill with tickets at six euros. Nothing better atm for the weekend, so might just go see those.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:50 am

Memnoch wrote:Saw Russian Circles and Deafheaven on Saturday at Virgin Oil. Both were ok, especially RC. Had never heard of either band before, but am glad I went (getting in for free helped a lot). The crowd was strange as it was some hipster douches mostly - honestly, there was no-one I've ever seen before and that is impossible at any metal gig in Helsinki.
    After RC I went to Club PRKL and saw Psychopunch. Not my thing that, so concentrated on getting drunk - with great success. :stagger:

russian circles is cool but TOTALLY a hipster draw, unfortunately.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:06 am

Last show: Behemoth/The Devil's Blood/In Solitude
    Next Show: Crowbar/Prong/Witchden
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am

Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Behemoth/The Devil's Blood/In Solitude

That's Witchburn, a local Seattle band that kicks ass! I know them. So bummed the tour is not coming here.
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 pm

metalgoddess wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Behemoth/The Devil's Blood/In Solitude

That's Witchburn, a local Seattle band that kicks ass! I know them. So bummed the tour is not coming here.

Oops. I listed a local band. I look forward to checking Witchburn out tonight.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:01 am

Two bands seeing for the first time....
    Last gig: last night at the Chicago Theater
    :P
    so many wonderful songs, but I especially loved this one called Grapevine Fires http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ajaBpmCEk it's only a matter of time, before we all burn...

Next gig: April 29 at the Ultra Lounge....

Primal Om: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6vdbSU7 ... re=related

Not counting January and December 2012 (because of 70K & Barge), I think April 2012 will prove to be my favorite gig month this year with Paganfest, Behemoth, DCFC, & Negura Bunget (plus Rammstein just a few days into May)
    :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
Post Reply 8046 posts