Post Reply 244 posts
MARYLAND DEATHFEST X - May 24-27, 2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

MARYLAND DEATHFEST X - May 24-27, 2012

by KevinP » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:26 am

Since they just announced the dates, figured I'd start a thread. Hopefully they do something special for the 10th Anniversary, like bring back Bolt Thrower. :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: MARYLAND DEATHFEST X - May 24-27, 2012

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 am

Yesssssssssssss!!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:10 am

KevinP wrote:The Viceroy of VEGEMITE
    The Sucker of Salmiak

HAHAH love it Kev! MD was so fun, but if there's any way we'd go to Europe next year, we would just be buggin' ya at MD via text cuz we certainly can't afford both.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:36 am

rhiawiz wrote:HAHAH love it Kev! MD was so fun, but if there's any way we'd go to Europe next year, we would just be buggin' ya at MD via text cuz we certainly can't afford both.

Neither can we, but MDF would be much less expensive and time consuming. 2 HUGE issues when you have a kid.

The way MDF and the cruise shapes up, I might not need to get to Europe for bands, as I'm getting a bunch "ticked" off my list for the time being. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Oky, I'm guessing that both LOCK UP & DEATH BREATH play in 2012 after both flaking out this year. (same way Pestilence did and came the next year)

They gotta be doing something special for the 10th Anniversary. If Bolt Thrower plays, I'm going even if Blackguard plays 10 sets!!!!!!
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 am

Terrance Hobbs confirmed Suffocation will be playing this event. Thanks Slaytanic for the heads up while I slept :mrgreen:

MDF organizers stated they are not the headliners, but they will have a bunch of bands that people would consider as headliners :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:11 am

Kevin, bolt thrower was fucking nuts. The tent was too packed to be comfortable but they sound so much heavier live. I cant access fb right now. Also, guess what came the day i left to France??? the shirt -_- i think it got sent back Monday according to the pickup slip.
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:Kevin, bolt thrower was fucking nuts. The tent was too packed to be comfortable but they sound so much heavier live. I cant access fb right now. Also, guess what came the day i left to France??? the shirt -_- i think it got sent back Monday according to the pickup slip.

Oh crap, sent back where, to me? Or the post office for you to pick up? It wasn't registered or anything fancy, not sure why they just didn't leave it for ya. Glad it made it there though. :mrgreen:

Yeah haven't seen BT since like 1992/1993, I'm kinda optimistic they would play MDF again as supposedly they love it last time.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am

BT stayed at the Tremont. I met them at the pre -party inside the sonar and partied with them (Except for Jo Bench, she was totally low key) By Sunday I asked Karl if he liked the fest and he said "Oh yeah we are having a bloody hell of a good time". So I hope by some sort of miracle that they return to MDF.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Hotel booked. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: Not taking any chances of them selling out fast time around.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:59 am

Facebook update today:

Maryland Deathfest
    Look for an update here tomorrow at 9 AM (EST). We'll be announcing approximately 20 bands for MDF X. This will just be the beginning.

HEY UMC, let's announce 20 bands please!!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:24 pm

KevinP wrote:Hotel booked. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: Not taking any chances of them selling out fast time around.

What Hotel is that? Is it walking distance from the venues? I havent been there before but if the band announcements are good I migh check into it.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:49 pm

BehnWilson wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Hotel booked. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: Not taking any chances of them selling out fast time around.

What Hotel is that? Is it walking distance from the venues? I havent been there before but if the band announcements are good I migh check into it.

Holiday Inn Express on Gay Street, less than 5 minute walk across the street from the venue. No need to rent a vehicle, super convenient :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:03 pm

KevinP wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:

Holiday Inn Express on Gay Street, less than 5 minute walk across the street from the venue. No need to rent a vehicle, super convenient :mrgreen:

Awesome, Thanks, hopefully they add some good bands tomorrow.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm

KevinP wrote:Holiday Inn Express on Power Metal Street,

As much as I support gays and power metal, even I couldn't let that slip ;)
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

mooyagi wrote:

maybe you would like this fest afterall :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:08 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

They already have a Gay Music festival, another is not needed.
    http://juggalogathering.com/
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:26 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The first 20 bands have been confirmed for MDF X:
    MORBID ANGEL, SAINT VITUS, MORGOTH, ANVIL, SUFFOCATION, CHURCH OF MISERY, DEMIGOD, GHOUL, UNSANE, MACABRE, THE DEVIL'S BLOOD, BETHLEHEM, NEGURA BUNGET, TODAY IS THE DAY, ULCERATE, THE DAY EVERYTHING BECAME NOTHING, DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT, AGENTS OF ABHORRENCE, NAUSEA, BLOODY PHOENIX

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:L I'm sure penguin is looking at booking with the add of Saint Vitus?
    :viking:

and Anvil and Church of Misery (Japanese doom about serial killers)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Not 100% sure we're going yet, but I also booked a room at the Holiday Inn for that weekend (Thursday night included just in case ;) ) It's much easier to cancel a reservation than get one when the hotel is already booked.

Oh, and Ulcerate = :death: :deathmetal:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Bentz! wrote:Not 100% sure we're going yet, but I also booked a room at the Holiday Inn for that weekend (Thursday night included just in case ;) ) It's much easier to cancel a reservation than get one when the hotel is already booked.

will be Meredith's chance to pick Mrs. Pages brain. Between $$ and cruise/MDF not sure I need Europe next year.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:Not 100% sure we're going yet, but I also booked a room at the Holiday Inn for that weekend (Thursday night included just in case ;) ) It's much easier to cancel a reservation than get one when the hotel is already booked.

will be Meredith's chance to pick Mrs. Pages brain. Between $$ and cruise/MDF not sure I need Europe next year.

Europe next year is pretty much a must for us. It's on our Baby Bucket List.
  • kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm

I booked a room at Sleep Inn next to HIE for a better rate. HIE was nice but the price went up.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 pm

kjaxin wrote:I booked a room at Sleep Inn next to HIE for a better rate. HIE was nice but the price went up.

I booked and was epecting the rate to drop when the fest announces the "Sonar rate" or at least I hope so like this year.

How much less was Sleep Inn ?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 pm

KevinP wrote:
    kjaxin wrote:I booked a room at Sleep Inn next to HIE for a better rate. HIE was nice but the price went up.

I booked and was epecting the rate to drop when the fest announces the "Sonar rate" or at least I hope so like this year.

How much less was Sleep Inn ?

Quite a bit:

4 nights @ Sleep Inn: $550.88
    4 nights @ Holiday Inn Exp.: $682.32

I booked a room for the four nights at the sleep inn also. :mrgreen:
  • kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:11 pm

How much less was Sleep Inn ?[/quote]

I use government discount, which was 107 a nt @ HIE last year. This year its more than best available... Sleep Inn was 116 a nt at govt rate.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:16 pm

kjaxin wrote:How much less was Sleep Inn ?

I use government discount, which was 107 a nt @ HIE last year. This year its more than best available... Sleep Inn was 116 a nt at govt rate.[/quote]

Anyway I can get in on this government discount rate? Last year they gave me $89 per night, and my paperwork said POWER PLANT Management. I hae no idea what the hell that means, but I wasn't complaining when they did that for me.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:43 pm

BehnWilson wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

They already have a Gay Music festival, another is not needed.
    http://juggalogathering.com/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Soundcurve,

you gonna punk out on this again? or is The Devil's Blood enough of a draw for you ? Finally giving them more time and really digging it. That broad sounds like King Diamond with pigs blood :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Bentz! wrote:Oh, and Ulcerate = :death: :deathmetal:

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:32 pm

KevinP wrote:Soundcurve,

you gonna punk out on this again? or is The Devil's Blood enough of a draw for you ? Finally giving them more time and really digging it. That broad sounds like King Diamond with pigs blood :lol:

Glad you are digging em (TDB) more. They are a really good band. Yea I will be there as it is already looking better for me as for a line up. I love Negura Bunget, Morbid Angel (hope they play Illud Divinum Insanus in full ;) ) and The Devils Blood. Suffocation would be a good watch too.

Your buddies Ghost are blowing up though : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=160234
    That will get them many to check them out.

Ever hear of Portal? People keep saying they are the original ghost or whatever but the music sure doesn't sound that way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbG1QsGeFsc
    19 string guitar vs Grandfather time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrBZZtG ... re=related

Feel this comment might be on point "sounds like a old washing machine." Bit too chaotic for my panda ears.

Still my fave TDB song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KySQgaBClW4 Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, hail satan :twisted:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:11 am

Yeah Portal is funny, but only when he wears the grandfather clock. The music still sounds like a swarm of bees, but just to see the grandfather clock is worth the price of admission to me. When he does the black pope outfit it seems much less interesting.

They played MDF in 2009 I think.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:25 pm

So far the bands I like the most are Morbid Angel and Suffocation..... love both.

However,... I wonder if there will be other bands I could get into and like a lot that you could point out.. like Hooded Menace. Can't stop listening to them... they are my favorite 'new' band that I have gotten into. (Ghost is 2nd).

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:So far the bands I like the most are Morbid Angel and Suffocation..... love both.

However,... I wonder if there will be other bands I could get into and like a lot that you could point out.. like Hooded Menace. Can't stop listening to them... they are my favorite 'new' band that I have gotten into. (Ghost is 2nd).

MORGOTH - old school death metal from Gerrmay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTb9HFabDrI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v-jiNNhfZg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tmvZmQtZqE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TBNYnul ... re=related

DEMIGOD - old school Finiish death metal. The original album is the best, the other 2(?) sound more new school death metal from what I remember
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh6wB4lQYO4

MACABRE - murder metal, everything they sing about is serial killers, not your standard musical fare
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHYhG805eKA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-1rFWEn ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtELxbw3 ... re=related

THE DEVIL'S BLOOD
    I'm sure you know of them from Mike. Just started listening to them and really enjoying it.

NEGURA BUNGET - Romanian atmospheric black metal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXcl3tY ... re=related
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:13 pm

KevinP wrote:THE DEVIL'S BLOOD
    I'm sure you know of them from Mike. Just started listening to them and really enjoying it.

Yup, though he is all about hail of bullets atm. If you dig TDB scope Christian Mistress (more diamond head-ish) but more female fronted goodness if you're in the mood for it.

Desert Rose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQsO4T-TjLs
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:57 am

WOW!

Electric Wizard, Confessor, Haemorrhage, and October 31 just added.

Looks like Electric Wizard can get into the states... maybe.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 pm

EW & Haemorrrage seem to be 2 of the more requested bands over in the MDF forums.

The little I've heard of EW is pretty good. Haemmorrage I can't get into.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:34 am

I dig Haemorrrage, but then again I like all that Carcass-y stuff.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:17 am

Bentz! wrote:I dig Haemorrrage, but then again I like all that Carcass-y stuff.

Yeah, not into the Carcass worship, except for General Surgery. I'm not a grind freak, so besides Lock Up, Terrorizer, Assuck, Resistant Culture, I can't think of any grind that gets me all wet & giggly.

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:31 am

Haven't heard much of The Devil's Blood other than a small sample Mike played for me.. I'm sure he will have me listen more though there is so much out there! And more coming!!

I am seriously addicted to Hooded Menace, still cannot stop listening to them. They are like a frikkin heroin injection. Their sound and style for what type of band they are is absolutely PERFECT.
    Going to start listening to the first record soon though I still am repeatedly listening to the "Never Cross the Dead" album.

They are definitely going on my cruise wishlist which I will post SOON. would love to see them 2 more times on the boat!

Here is a member of 'Hoodie Menace' --->>> :death:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
Post Reply 244 posts