Post Reply 72 posts
The Big 4
  • ASH3S
    Oiler

The Big Four in theatres June 22nd

by ASH3S » Fri May 21, 2010 9:20 am

Live broadcast in movie theatres June 22nd!! :headbanger:

Heavy Metal's 'Big Four' Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax Commemorate Historic Concert Together with One-Night Global Movie Theater Event on June 22nd
    Sonisphere Festival Concert to Be Broadcast via Satellite from Sofia, Bulgaria, to Movie Theaters around the World

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heavy- ... _news_stmp

NEW YORK, May 21, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- --NCM Fathom to Present Concert Event to Fans in More Than 450 U.S. Theaters in over 140 U.S. Markets - Tickets Available Today

The "Big Four," Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax, are bringing their historic European tour to the global stage via satellite to 800 movie theaters around the world in a special high definition cinematic event. These four legendary acts broke out of the underground thrash movement in the 1980s to dominate the metal world, selling millions of records and packing arenas across the globe. Despite huge demand, these musical giants have never shared the same stage until now. The legendary June 22 concert from the tour's stop at the Sonisphere Festival in Sofia, Bulgaria, will be presented in the U.S. in more than 450 theaters in over 140 markets at 7:30 p.m. local time on the same day by NCM Fathom. The event will be broadcast into theaters in Europe, Canada and Latin America through other international exhibitor partnerships. Delayed screenings are also planned in Australia, South Africa and New Zealand. Tickets for The Big Four: Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax are available today in the U.S. at participating theater box offices and at www.FathomEvents.com or www.thebigfourlive.com, where fans can also view the event trailer.

In December 2009, the bands announced that they would be joining forces to take part in the traveling Sonisphere Festival for only seven shows across Europe. Now, this one-time-only event from the Sofia show makes it possible for fans far and wide to participate in what otherwise is a very limited run of dates. The high definition concert presentation will memorialize the event and the impact will be amplified globally in cinemas, making the dreams of fans around the world become a reality.

Lars Ulrich of Metallica says of this historic announcement, "Who would have thought that more than 25 years after its inception, thrash metal's Big Four would not only still be around, be more popular than ever, playing shows together at stadiums all over Europe, and on top of that, coming to a movie theater near you in high definition (for better or worse??!!) Bring it on!"

Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian says, "Damn, as if this Big Four tour wasn't exciting enough, now we get to be on the big screen worldwide! Metal at the movies, two big horns up! It is unbelievably gratifying that this means so much to the metal community around the globe. Get your tix, grab some popcorn and get ready to bang your head!"

Declares Slayer's Kerry King, "I can't believe someone didn't make this happen 15 years ago! The fans finally get what they want. I think it's awesome!"

Says Megadeth's Dave Mustaine, "The magnitude of this event hasn't really sunk in yet, and I am thrilled to know that people around the planet will be able to walk into a movie theater and experience the greatest line-up of heavy metal in the history of the world!"

Presented in the U.S. by NCM Fathom, The Big Four: Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer will appear in 451 select U.S. movie theaters, including AMC Entertainment Inc., Celebration! Cinema, Cinemark Holdings, Inc., Clearview Cinemas, Cobb Theatres, Goodrich Quality Theatres, Hollywood Theaters, Kerasotes Showplace Theatres, Marcus Theatres, National Amusements and Regal Entertainment Group movie theaters, as well as The Carolina (Asheville, NC) and the Palace Cinema 9 (South Burlington, VT), through NCM's exclusive Digital Broadcast Network -- North America's largest cinema broadcast network.

The Big Four: Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax digital event in cinemas is distributed globally by New York-based BY Experience. Presently, over 800 cinemas worldwide will exhibit the program. Additional cinemas/territories may be added. Exhibition times may vary by territory.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: The Big Four in theatres June 22nd

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 am

I'm sure it will be out on DVD before too long but, much like this cruise, part of the appeal will just be the event/crowd. How the hell are 400(?) or so people gonna sit still watching a movie like this in a dark theatre? I think it would be a fairly fun thing to attend :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    AlabastRDisastR
    Petty Officer

by AlabastRDisastR » Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm

We have AMC out this way, but they probably won't be showing it here in Columbus. :cry:
    D E C K 6
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri May 21, 2010 5:11 pm

.zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun May 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Figures. There's always someone in the back of the theater sleeping or fucking :lol:

Hell, it's on a Tuesday night, so I might just check this out.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Mon May 24, 2010 10:06 am

I'll go to this. I loved watching the Maiden documentary when it was shown at the cinema, great atmosphere, the place was full of metalheads!
    Witch Bear
    Petty Officer

by Witch Bear » Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Me am love to see this, but last time me am go to theater, there were an...incident. Animal Control am no expect magic missle when they come. Me am now banned from theater. Me am consider disguise:

Deck 666
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:17 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm sure it will be out on DVD before too long but, much like this cruise, part of the appeal will just be the event/crowd. How the hell are 400(?) or so people gonna sit still watching a movie like this in a dark theatre? I think it would be a fairly fun thing to attend :headbanger:

I couldn't agree more, it sounds sounds stupid being sit down on a cinema watching the Big Four.

I won't attend it - preffer go to a real concert.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Zeh wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm sure it will be out on DVD before too long but, much like this cruise, part of the appeal will just be the event/crowd. How the hell are 400(?) or so people gonna sit still watching a movie like this in a dark theatre? I think it would be a fairly fun thing to attend :headbanger:

I couldn't agree more, it sounds sounds stupid being sit down on a cinema watching the Big Four.

Haha... I actually think you DISagree with me Zeh... I was saying that part of the attraction for me will be just to see what kind of crowd shows up and how they handled it. I DO agree with you though. I'd rather see the real concert. But, seeing as that's not possible, and these 4 will never play a show together again probably, I wouldn't mind going to a theatre to see it. I think about half the crowd will just wanna sit still and watch while the other half will be raising their fists and cheering and singing along in their seats or in the aisles. I'm really curious to see how theatre staff handle such a weirdly unique presentation.

Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:58 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Zeh wrote:

Haha... I actually think you DISagree with me Zeh... I was saying that part of the attraction for me will be just to see what kind of crowd shows up and how they handled it. I DO agree with you though. I'd rather see the real concert. But, seeing as that's not possible, and these 4 will never play a show together again probably, I wouldn't mind going to a theatre to see it. I think about half the crowd will just wanna sit still and watch while the other half will be raising their fists and cheering and singing along in their seats or in the aisles. I'm really curious to see how theatre staff handle such a weirdly unique presentation.

For the curiosity it worths, but not for the money - they want almost the same amount of money of a real show here. Nothing that a DVD can supply the same good show.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Zeh wrote:For the curiosity it worths, but not for the money - they want almost the same amount of money of a real show here. Nothing that a DVD can supply the same good show.

Oh wow... I just assumed admission price would be the same as a normal movie.

Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:06 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Zeh wrote:For the curiosity it worths, but not for the money - they want almost the same amount of money of a real show here. Nothing that a DVD can supply the same good show.

Oh wow... I just assumed admission price would be the same as a normal movie.

I would easily go to it if was a normal movie price.

Big 4 Cinema: R$ 80 (US$ 1 = R$ 1.80)
    Regular show: R$ 80-120
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Well, around here, it's $18 per person. That's about the average price for a club show, but since I almost never have to pay for those anyway, I'll shell out the cash for this.

I saw the Iron Maiden doc in the theater as well. Good times! :shred:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    brokebackmoshpit
    Wiper

by brokebackmoshpit » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Zeh wrote:

And speaking of, why the hell haven't these bands set up this tour for North America, yet? Talk about giving the people what they want, already.

Anybody know if they're actually showing complete sets of all four bands, or is just like some 2 hour compilation of all of their sets combined? I don't know that I *really* need to see Metallica put on the exactsamefuckingshow that they seem to have been putting on for the last year. Yeah, they switch up maybe 5 songs from each set, but the songs they've got in rotation are also pretty much all the same. When are they going to play Disposable Heroes, again?
    Aside from that, Mrs. Kennedy, how did you like Dallas?
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:32 pm

The TRUE big four should be Testament, Exodus, Overkill and Death Angel. Just add Overkill to the cruise and we'll have the big four. Fuck Metallica!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:42 pm

This whole 'big four' thing has always been retarded.Can't believe that so many gullable metal fans have been hyped over something that is essentially nothing.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 am

Metalwrath wrote:This whole 'big four' thing has always been retarded.Can't believe that so many gullable metal fans have been hyped over something that is essentially nothing.

To each there own!
    I grew up with these guys and will always have my favorites from each band! :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:01 am

Metalwrath wrote:This whole 'big four' thing has always been retarded.Can't believe that so many gullable metal fans have been hyped over something that is essentially nothing.

:roll:

Metalwrath: Bringer of Perpetual Negativity

however, all is forgiven if negativity is accompanied by beer... :party:

:givebeer: and Stuart Smalley as a roommate for Metalwrath LOL
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:05 am

Disaster Area wrote:

***smirk***tee hee***
    aaaand, yes, considering these bands were already touring when he was born! :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:36 am

Disaster Area wrote:

:lol:
    Nah i just pretty much hate 3 of those bands.
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:10 am

I just went to see slayer, they were very tight.
    Metallica was not...disapointing but then again I quit being a Metallica fan after 1991
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:43 am

My Israeli friend texted me last night from Sonisphere in Bulgaria.Apparently all 4 bands played 'Am I Evil' together on stage.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 am

That's pretty wicked regardless of feelings for those bands!

I heard the new new megadeth track 'Sudden death' yesterday.. pretty noodle-tastic thanks to Broderick.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 am

viathyn wrote:That's pretty wicked regardless of feelings for those bands!

I heard the new new megadeth track 'Sudden death' yesterday.. pretty noodle-tastic thanks to Broderick.

Noodle-tastic?......is this a Canadian term for "awesome?.....eh? :D
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:39 am

debborah1 wrote:

no, it's international guitarist-speak
    :givebeer:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

no, it's international guitarist-speak
    :givebeer:

interesting.......I learned something new already today...and its only 8:45a.m. :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 am

am i evil got cut out in the theater, everybody pissed, then no megadeth. technical difficulties
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 am

So it was not 4 hours? I am going to the encore performance tomorrow night at 7:30
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:48 am

It was just under 4 hours. Started right at 7:30 and I think I looked at my watch as I was leaving and it was around 11:15 pm.

Good show. DVD will be coming out... The Am I Evil jam was pretty killer. Looked like they were all having a great time.

I haven't seen Slayer in a while I guess, but Jeff Hanneman has packed on some lbs! Now it's more like Jeff Hungryman, or Jeff Not-so-hungryman (depending on your perspective).
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:34 pm

That is too funny about Hanneman. I've been reading comments like that all day about him. From the sound of it, seems like he's turning into the Michelin Man (one of you feel free to Photoshop that image here).

Good thing this isn't in 3-D then :lol:

We're catching it tomorrow along with Dr.Fukk and Mrs Fukk :headbanger:
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 am

yes he is even sporting a new trend of sagging leather pants
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:05 am

Face it guys, as we get older, so will all these folk we've been fans of for so long. Many will get fat, go bald, turn to religion and all kinds of other unflattering things. It's not like Jeff has been living on KD and food stamps for the past 20 years :lol:

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:59 am

Yeah, definitely no government cheese for the Slayer guys! :headbanger:

haha, I had forgotten about the sagging leather pants. Was pretty funny to watch. But yeah, they kicked ass!

Donn, tell those two I said hello!
    Have a good time...all the time.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 am

Tonight!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:38 pm

It was awesome. Slayer were sick. Anthrax are back. Was Belladonna's first show with 'em, Megadeth had some difficulties (it was pouring rain during their set), and a lot of the songs were cut from the screening. "Am I Evil" was all members of Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica. Slayer for some reason were not on Stage for that.

Before Metallica there was a backstage interview with Lars Ulrich, Scott Ian and Dave Mustaine remembering Dio. I was floored when Dave and Scott brought up the fact that Dio was a stoner. To relax before he hit the stage, his favorite thing to do was to burn a joint and have a glass of wine.

Anthrax played "Heaven & Hell" as a Tribute to RJD. as well.

The sound was indeed killer. There were probably 25 other metalheads there and a couple of long hairs were banging their heads in the theater.

It will be coming out on DVD (I figured, but Hetfield announced it to the crowd). It was 4 hours long with songs cut, so I do not know how many DVD's it would be if they included the whole she-bang.!

Here was the total setlist. Last night each band had songs cut from the list. Metallica had the most songs cut.

METALLICA set list

Creeping Death
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Disposable Heroes
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    Fade To Black
    That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    My Apocalypse
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Battery
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman

Helpless
    Motorbreath
    Seek and Destroy

SLAYER set list

World Painted Blood
    Jihad
    War Ensemble
    Hate Worldwide
    Beauty Through Order
    Disciple
    Seasons in the Abyss
    Hell Awaits
    Mandatory Suicide
    Chemical Warfare
    Raining Blood
    Aggressive Perfector
    South of Heaven
    Silent Scream
    Angel of Death

MEGADETH set list

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
    Hangar 18
    Wake Up Dead
    Headcrusher
    In My Darkest Hour
    Skin O' My Teeth
    A Tout Le Monde
    Hook In Mouth
    Trust
    Sweating Bullets
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Peace Sells

ANTHRAX set list

Caught in a Mosh
    Got the Time
    Madhouse
    Indians
    Be All, End All
    Medusa
    Antisocial
    Only
    Metal Thrashing Mad
    I Am The Law
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:47 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:It will be coming out on DVD (I figured, but Hetfield announced it to the crowd). It was 4 hours long with songs cut, so I do not know how many DVD's it would be if they included the whole she-bang.!

Here was the total setlist. Last night each band had songs cut from the list. Metallica had the most songs cut.

Maybe not everybody's cup o' tea but this will be a must have for my collection. What a great gig that would have been to be at!

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:02 pm

By the way what was the deal With Kerry King?I heard he as being an absolute cunt towards the other bands and refused to join them on stage when they played 'am i evil'
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Metalwrath wrote:By the way what was the deal With Kerry King?I heard he as being an absolute cunt towards the other bands and refused to join them on stage when they played 'am i evil'

he is a cunt. that is all.

when they headlined wacken in 2003 they did not say ONE WORD before, during or after the set. A big no no and INSULT in Germany.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:25 am

For me, once the actual show started, it wasn't that loud in the theater. My girlfriend started bitching about it not blowing her through the back of theater, so I started yelling to turn it up. Took a bit a time, but eventually it happened. To almost deafening proportions I might add. Careful what you wish for :lol:

Another funny thing was someone that worked there kept randomly flipping the house lights on and off at a semi-rapid pace in some attempt to give us a light show :lol:

Mustaines' vocals had me cracking up at times, like he wasn't even trying. Either that or he's not as pissed off as he used to be.

Hanneman was indeed looking walrus like, complete with sloppier then normal playing due to those sausage like fingers he's now sporting. It doesn't seem healthy. What the hell happened to him?

As for the Metallica segment, well that's when I pretty much zoned out hoping for something unexpected, and got nothing. If those guys had any balls left, then they'd go out on stage at least ONCE and NOT play the hits. Now that would make me give them some applause. They constantly cock tease the audience with Frayed Ends Of Sanity and never fuckin' play it. And the Am I Evil jam? Half assed. If you're gonna take the time and effort to get all of those guys out on stage together, you can at least play the whole song, not half of it. I suspect this is why everyone in Slayer (except Lombardo) had nothing to do with it.

And this being the Big Four of Thrash, couldn't Megadeth and Metallica just ditch the ballads for this event. Just once?

Yeah, it was a good time, but when it comes to each of these bands, I can find plenty to bitch about :beerwink:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:54 am

My friend Pete whom I went with wore earplugs. Pussy.
  • Post Reply 72 posts