Post Reply 110 posts
NIGHTWISH - I M A G I N A E R U M !
    alex_canada
    Ensign

Re: NIGHTWISH - I M A G I N A E R U M !

by alex_canada » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Album didn't grab me the first time. I'm listening to it again, and I'm feeling guilty I've pirated it (even though I've already ordered the cd) because it's clearly a labour of love, even if some songs are a miss.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Gave it just one listen so far. Right now, I wouldn't make the purchase as it failed to grab me. Will try to give it a couple more listens before making a final decision.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Noelolz
    Petty Officer

by Noelolz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Can some one send me a link to a torrent? I can't wait any longer! :cry: :D
    Bring on #7! Booked Cabin 2313!
    70k 2011, 2012, BTH, 2013, 2014, 2015 Survivor
    Wishlist: Haken*Edguy*SymphonyX*Moonspell*Devin Townsend*Masterplan*Gojira*Avantasia*Ayreon*Starkill*Arsis*Leprous*Anaal Nathrakh*Enslaved*Rhapsody of Fire
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:10 pm

mooyagi wrote:I love this song!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_renNJwatYI&feature=BFa&list=ULKnBwc8_jEbw&lf=mfu_in_order

Of the songs I have heard so far, some hit and miss although it's only one listen through. Not sure how long the album will last on YouTube before it gets pulled down but everything except Storytime is on that link

jojo!!

I love this ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7CnCGsnVS8

can't belive they did something like this without Tarja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGpTRiH2yto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4UJDmzPnVY

I liked those a lot, I want them on the Pool Deck!! :shred: :deathhorns: :beerbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ET9OJQAGU

God this is Epic! :cry: :bangers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BWUG3NYKE

Love it! :cry: :smoking:
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:32 am

your links be dead...

They are fast to delete the songs from youtube :P
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:15 am

Digimortal wrote:your links be dead...

They are fast to delete the songs from youtube :P

Figured they wouldn't last long. I'm sure there will be more links as time goes on. I need more listens to decide whether or not to buy the album so need more links!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:50 am

I've listened to the whole album and I am in love with every song, very happy fan over here :headbanger:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 am

raspberry*tart wrote:I've listened to the whole album and I am in love with every song, very happy fan over here :headbanger:

Could not agree more. Do you have any favourites?
    Survivor of:
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:14 am

Digimortal wrote:
    raspberry*tart wrote:I've listened to the whole album and I am in love with every song, very happy fan over here :headbanger:

Yesssssssss.. Scaretale!! holy crap! And Ghost River.... I'm loving Marco's voice there so hard! I really love I Want My Tears Back too, especially after reading the lyrics, I'm a massive Alice fan! Rest Calm is awesome too, and Song of Myself - I am addicted to that line "song in need of a courageous symphony".. But I don't think I'd play the 6 min poem very often! Even though it's amazing how they did it. The Crow is beautiful, and I already really liked Storytime..

What about you?
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 am

What song is not to love actually? I really love the crow, its like the style of kiss while your lips are still red and the islander. And I really like last ride of the day. And...well...everything you said haha
    Survivor of:
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:30 am

Yes it is like those other songs, and I love them too :) Turn Loose is a great Nightwishy ballad :) Her voice suits it very well. I really love Anette in every song :D
    Last Ride I couldn't immediately recall the song, but it's really good - just played it again. Every song is so different from each other I think. So many different styles and instruments. Tuomas is the maestro
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:35 am

Thats what I like about the album, its really diverse but so Nightwish. I mean, just listen to slow, love, slow. That song starts off a bit like a blues sobg. Anette really grew into her role as the lead singer and the album is much more suited for her vocal style!
    Survivor of:
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:40 am

Yeah it's still so THEM. Unmistakably Nightwish :) :cool: I can't wait to see the movie and how the 12 songs/themes fit into it.. !

LOL it's almost 2am and I'm still laying here listening to all the songs! :heavydrink:
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 am

I really canylt wait to see then ombroad. First time I will see them live! And well, sitting at the barber, waiting. So its easy to listen to the new album haha
    Survivor of:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:33 am

raspberry*tart wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:

Yesssssssss.. Scaretale!! holy crap! And Ghost River.... I'm loving Marco's voice there so hard! I really love I Want My Tears Back too, especially after reading the lyrics, I'm a massive Alice fan! Rest Calm is awesome too, and Song of Myself - I am addicted to that line "song in need of a courageous symphony".. But I don't think I'd play the 6 min poem very often! Even though it's amazing how they did it. The Crow is beautiful, and I already really liked Storytime..

What about you?

I agree about everything, my favourite is Song Of Myself, perhaps I will not play to much the poem neither haha, Tuomas has pushed us to listen at it, embrace it and I suppose with the time love every word, the first part of the song is absolutely incredible, a masterpiece, Tuomas and Anette left me totally amazed, I know every song the guys have ever made by the name of Nightwish and with just 3 listenings I believe this may become my favourite ever Nightwish song, even taking in count all my so loved favourites Ghost Love Score, Beauty Of The Beast, Ever Dream and Ocean Soul..

I also love Last Ride, I feel it as a so powerful Wishmaster-End Of All Hope musically kind so well done by Anette, I can't belive while listening at it for the first time by seconds I totally forgot Tarja once existed..

Ghost River, Scaretale, Rest Calm, I Want My Tears Back those are masterpieces!, I think I can't attempt to mention favourites 'cause the whole album is a masterpiece, I would have to mencion every song, Imaginaerum is an incredibly epic, consolidated and anti-cliche way to close the album, listening at the riffs all together with the orchestra put the album itself in a so high musical and creative level! ..

The ballad (TLTM) is so beautIful, so well done, The Crow is also musically beautiful and the lyrics are so deep into human's puzzle of life that I'm gonna need a couple of months and experiences thinking about them..

I must say when I saw the video of the press listening session, I felt the phrase "It may be the best Nightwish album" like a exaggeration with so commercial intentions, my favourite has been Century Child, with so deep lyrics, so sincere and melodic music and I recognize Once as a masterpiece in all the music ever made, two albums that has accompanied me through years and many moments. But this album (Imaginaerum) is amazing, so positive, exploring and unraveling every human nature aspect with such poetry and epic music and why not say it: such voices all of them, I trurly belive It may become my favourite.

See you in those two gigs in the middle of the sea, if one will be on the pool Deck I feel It may be the most epic moment in my life.. I wonder which songs they'll play live, although I know it's not gonna happen I wish them to play the whole album in a gig and I'll surely not feel like anything was missing as a Nightwish gig.

:beerwink:
    Cheers!

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey Alex! I agree with all the above :)

Yes Song of Myself is epic, and funnily enough Ghost Love Score has also been my previous favourite NW song of all time :)

Funny thing, I listened to the songs on repeat until 3am and then I dreamt about NW all night! At one stage they were having a concert in my backyward (at my childhood home) and then a bushfire was nearby and we had to move all their equipment into my parent's bedroom haha.
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Really good album with some monster songs. I'm more of an Oceanborn / Wishmaster guy, but this is probably their best since Century Child for me. I was not into Dark Passion Play but maybe I should give it another go. Seems to be Annete's vocals have dramatically improved.
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:40 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:Hey Alex! I agree with all the above :)

Yes Song of Myself is epic, and funnily enough Ghost Love Score has also been my previous favourite NW song of all time :)

Funny thing, I listened to the songs on repeat until 3am and then I dreamt about NW all night! At one stage they were having a concert in my backyward (at my childhood home) and then a bushfire was nearby and we had to move all their equipment into my parent's bedroom haha.

Haha the gig concept of your dream on your parent's bedroom sounds very well, hope you invite us :) , by the way I like your picture with Tuomas (I suppose you're the girl in the pic right?), I've always wanted a pic with the guys, I was close to have one with Marco on the last Tarot gig over here but the stupid people of the place was asking for money to get close to him and I didn't wanted the memory that I had to pay for the pic every time I saw it, I hope to attain get one on the cruise :)
    Cheers!

raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Alex Fields wrote:
    Haha the gig concept of your dream on your parent's bedroom sounds very well, hope you invite us :) , by the way I like your picture with Tuomas (I suppose you're the girl in the pic right?), I've always wanted a pic with the guys, I was close to have one with Marco on the last Tarot gig over here but the stupid people of the place was asking for money to get close to him and I didn't wanted the memory that I had to pay for the pic every time I saw it, I hope to attain get one on the cruise :)

Yes that's me haha, I met him a few times! When they came to Australia I travelled around to each city (by myself lol) so I ran into them at airports because we were obviously going to the same cities at the same time haha, plus before gigs they would hang outside and smoke, and then after each concert they came out too.
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:
    Alex Fields wrote:

Yes that's me haha, I met him a few times! When they came to Australia I travelled around to each city (by myself lol) so I ran into them at airports because we were obviously going to the same cities at the same time haha, plus before gigs they would hang outside and smoke, and then after each concert they came out too.

That's awesome, he'll probably remember you from the sound of it :cheers: I've only met him briefly a couple of times on the last tour. Very memorable nights :headbanger:

Well, I've caved and listened to some of the album online while I'm waiting for my copy.
    One word so far -
    EPIC :viking:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:29 am

Yelena wrote:
    raspberry*tart wrote:
    Alex Fields wrote:

That's awesome, he'll probably remember you from the sound of it :cheers: I've only met him briefly a couple of times on the last tour. Very memorable nights :headbanger:

Well, I've caved and listened to some of the album online while I'm waiting for my copy.
    One word so far -
    EPIC :viking:

Hope we can create many memorable nights and moments on the cruise :cheers: .. I've never been in a forum like this one, feels little strange know people who have so many things in common and beign physically far but those cruise days we'll be confined together, sounds interesting ..

by the way excuse me if I've some grammar mistakes or something, I'm not a native english speaker ;)
    Cheers!

raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Imaginaerum is double platinum in Finland after 1 day release :heavydrink: :heavydrink:
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Alex Fields wrote:Hope we can create many memorable nights and moments on the cruise :cheers: ...

We most certainly will! :shred:

Alex Fields wrote: by the way excuse me if I've some grammar mistakes or something, I'm not a native english speaker ;)

I am always amused to read this because 98% of the time the person apologizing for improper English is actually using better grammar and spelling than many native speakers :lol:

raspberry*tart wrote:Imaginaerum is double platinum in Finland after 1 day release :heavydrink: :heavydrink:

Rightfully so! I had my personal doubts about this album but I finally listened to it fully last night for the first time and have fallen in love with the band all over again.
    maroooned
    Oiler

by maroooned » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Its kinda growing on me! :metalguy:
    Русские есть??

Name's Anton
    maroooned
    Oiler

by maroooned » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:37 pm

...Agh!!... growing so fast!!!.... Oh no!!! Someone make it stop!!!! :D
    Русские есть??

Name's Anton
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 pm

maroooned wrote:...Agh!!... growing so fast!!!.... Oh no!!! Someone make it stop!!!! :D

Never!! :heavydrink:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:38 am

raspberry*tart wrote:Imaginaerum is double platinum in Finland after 1 day release :heavydrink: :heavydrink:

jojo I knew it! :viking: :shred: :deathhorns: :heavydrink:

Yelena wrote:I am always amused to read this because 98% of the time the person apologizing for improper English is actually using better grammar and spelling than many native speakers :lol:

just in case I suddenly slip into the 2% :lol:

raspberry*tart wrote:
    maroooned wrote:...Agh!!... growing so fast!!!.... Oh no!!! Someone make it stop!!!! :D

Never!! :heavydrink:

Impossible :headbanger: :shred:
    Cheers!

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Yelena wrote:Argh... Must... Resist... Listening... To whole album.... *eye twitch*

last_candle wrote:
    Yelena wrote:I've absolutely loved their concept art for the last 2 albums. I think the same artist has worked on them.

Well, I at least know that the owl song won't be my favorite of the album. Unless I catch something in it later on and it grows on me, right now it's just a simple tune that easily becomes background noise :?

+1 on the artwork
    +1 on "owl", though I wouldn't call it noise but rather background music...or even elevator music ;)

I use the term 'noise' loosely here :lol: so fair enough

:lol:
    bought the two disc package today, because with DPP...I happened to enjoy the instrumental version a bit more than the original
    what I heard so far sounded good, but not too impressive - but I shouldn't even consider judging the release yet
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:46 pm

I must say, I have not heard another album this week (except for a live show)!!!!
    Survivor of:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Digimortal wrote:I must say, I have not heard another album this week (except for a live show)!!!!

very difficult to stop listening at it :party:
    Cheers!

SS1349
    Oiler

by SS1349 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Gonna give this a listen now.. Quite excited I must say! :beerhorns:

Update 06/12; First impressions, pretty poor. Feels too much like their last offering, except the occasional experiment which seems to fall a little flat. Their epic passages feel too forced and are cliche even for Nightwish. Disappointed I must say!
    70k Wishlist; Immortal, Amon Amarth, Epica, Finntroll, Soilwork, Arkona, 1349, Insomnium, Finsterforst, Kromlek
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Still listening to it and getting more and more excited for the shows!!!
    Survivor of:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Thought the album was just kinda bland and boring for the most part. The only song that really stood out to me wasnt even metal lmao. Anette seems to have a much better Jazz-y voice than she does metal. This song is the only one that will be on constant play from this album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPf9_XjSmY
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:10 pm

I think you either totally love the album or not like it at all, I have heard no one who was in between.

A couple of ppl that I heard about it were like "meh" or just thought it was aweful.

The people that I heard liked it, did absolutely love it and coulnt stop listening...
    Survivor of:
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:06 pm

I think when it comes to Nightwish in general you either love them or hate them, especially these days.

Finally got my copy of the album two days ago and have been listening to it nonstop at work :shred: I just hope they can pull this off live!
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:47 pm

I'll definitely look into this new album of theirs.
    They're one of the more creative metal bands out there.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:16 pm

wow! this music is total cheese! but it is well done cheese! don't yell at me that's just how i feel, but at least i'm not too narrow minded to check it out. i do like her voice better than Tarja....that was tooo OPERA for me!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 am

WizardBeast wrote:wow! this music is total cheese! but it is well done cheese! don't yell at me that's just how i feel, but at least i'm not too narrow minded to check it out. i do like her voice better than Tarja....that was tooo OPERA for me!

cheese is good, at least Swiss cheese ;)

haven't listened to the album for a week now, but just made it spin again
    the opener/single I already like a lot - and I'm looking forward to the second song to be played live
    *sings" na nana na nana naa nana na nana naa nana na na naaa
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:11 am

last_candle wrote:cheese is good, at least Swiss cheese ;)

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:21 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    last_candle wrote:cheese is good, at least Swiss cheese ;)

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Best Cheese....

2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...