Post Reply 110 posts
NIGHTWISH - I M A G I N A E R U M !
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

NIGHTWISH - I M A G I N A E R U M !

by Alex Fields » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 am

last_candle wrote:
    Alex Fields wrote:
    last_candle wrote:thx - since the album is coming out that soon, I'll wait for it to be released :)

agreed, I'll wait to "experience the true impact of the album" as NW said on their website
    well I'll try, the temptation is high!

I should have written "I'll try to...", too ;)

Ok ok I must admit that I'm not the strongest person to keep the temptation, I couldn't hold it a single day, I've listened at the 13 samples .. I must start saying that I don't really think that listening at those really can spoil the album for you since there are some 15 min songs (Song Of Myself) and 15 of those 30 secs were already published on a NW promo video so you really are listening at 15 new secs haha ... once again for the more brutal fans, please go to another topic and all the constructive and debatable comments are wellcome, so here are my comments:

:trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink:

This is my face after listened to those samples, that sound absolutely another level of composition than Dark Passion Play (with respect for those who thinks DPP is the best NW album, just listen to those 30 sec samples and you may change your mind immediatly).

Here I wanted to mencion some songs that really sounds to be killers for me but I had 2 problems: 1. I don't wanna spoil anything for the people who prefers to listen at the full album, and 2. I realized that on my list practically should be all songs, well I suppose I had to listen full at number 4 Slow Love Slow with this kind of "not so NW" style I think that is the only one that I couldn't get into on the first listened, but for the others 12 songs sounds absolutely awsome, I can imagine those on a movie, it would be really a masterpiece if the editing and actors do their job as the composing and band did!

I can imagine Last Ride Of The Day, Ghost River, Scaretale, The Crow The Owl and The Dove on the Pool Deck oh man!! :belly:

:bangers: :deathhorns: :cry: :beerwink: :boobs: :party: :shred: :death:

Samples:

http://soundcloud.com/nightwishband/sets/imaginaerum/

Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: NIGHTWISH - I M A G I N A E R U M !

by last_candle » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:07 pm

sounds promising!

btw, I wouldn't be surprised if NW end up playing indoors twice
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Yeah I bet they have a "no wind to mess up our pretty hair" clause in the contract.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:51 pm

This album sounds like it's going to be awesome, and from those clips Annette sounds really different from DPP.

I am so excited, I hope they do have a set outside at night, that would be awesome! And I also hope they keep the theatrical theme going with this album and dress up for their shows and have some props or something, there is so much potential for an awesome live show.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Bwahaha sorry, Alex, 'fraid the temptation was my fault.

Fatum11 wrote:I am so excited, I hope they do have a set outside at night, that would be awesome! And I also hope they keep the theatrical theme going with this album and dress up for their shows and have some props or something, there is so much potential for an awesome live show.

After Tuomas's stage boat on the last tour, I wouldn't put anything past them :lol:

The samples, to me, sound very diverse in sound but I'm sure that once we get the album the whole thing will tie in together. Even just the samples have already blown DPP out of the water for me so I'm excited to finally have the album soon!

Anette actually sounds really good. I like the folky-ish sound that her voice has developed since DPP was released. Love the addition of the children's choir as well.

They better play a show outside!

pretty please?
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Yelena wrote:Bwahaha sorry, Alex, 'fraid the temptation was my fault.

Fatum11 wrote:I am so excited, I hope they do have a set outside at night, that would be awesome! And I also hope they keep the theatrical theme going with this album and dress up for their shows and have some props or something, there is so much potential for an awesome live show.

After Tuomas's stage boat on the last tour, I wouldn't put anything past them :lol:

The samples, to me, sound very diverse in sound but I'm sure that once we get the album the whole thing will tie in together. Even just the samples have already blown DPP out of the water for me so I'm excited to finally have the album soon!

Anette actually sounds really good. I like the folky-ish sound that her voice has developed since DPP was released. Love the addition of the children's choir as well.

They better play a show outside!

pretty please?

haha yeah it was your fault haha! no just kidding..

The children's choir on Ghost River sounds absolutelly awsome and catchy :) I want them to play on the pool Deck, see u there! :heavydrink:
    Cheers!

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Alex Fields wrote:Ok ok I must admit that I'm not the strongest person to keep the temptation, I couldn't hold it a single day, I've listened at the 13 samples .. I must start saying that I don't really think that listening at those really can spoil the album for you since there are some 15 min songs (Song Of Myself) and 15 of those 30 secs were already published on a NW promo video so you really are listening at 15 new secs haha ... once again for the more brutal fans, please go to another topic and all the constructive and debatable comments are wellcome, so here are my comments:

:trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink:

This is my face after listened to those samples, that sound absolutely another level of composition than Dark Passion Play (with respect for those who thinks DPP is the best NW album, just listen to those 30 sec samples and you may change your mind immediatly).

Here I wanted to mencion some songs that really sounds to be killers for me but I had 2 problems: 1. I don't wanna spoil anything for the people who prefers to listen at the full album, and 2. I realized that on my list practically should be all songs, well I suppose I had to listen full at number 4 Slow Love Slow with this kind of "not so NW" style I think that is the only one that I couldn't get into on the first listened, but for the others 12 songs sounds absolutely awsome, I can imagine those on a movie, it would be really a masterpiece if the editing and actors do their job as the composing and band did!

I can imagine Last Ride Of The Day, Ghost River, Scaretale, The Crow The Owl and The Dove on the Pool Deck oh man!! :belly:

:bangers: :deathhorns: :cry: :beerwink: :boobs: :party: :shred: :death:

Samples:

http://soundcloud.com/nightwishband/sets/imaginaerum/

My god! I've got to have that as soon as it comes out. The instruments sound amazing and speaking as a Tarja fan, I think Annette's voice actually compliments the instruments perfectly, the way they are used now. Nightwish may have gone off in a slightly different direction, but it is still awesome.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm gonna wait til the album comes out :mrgreen: This has definitley got me more excited though!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Stained Class wrote:I'm gonna wait til the album comes out :mrgreen: This has definitley got me more excited though!

+1
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Some of the samples of the back half of that album sound great! (They all sound pretty decent.. but there appears to be some hidden gems)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:27 pm

2 more weeks until the digital copy gets released to the U.S. :viking:
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:10 pm

I couldn't wait either.

I think it's going to be the best album yet. And I have totally changed my mind about Anette. She sounds beautiful on this album, which was the only thing that made me nervous about Imaginaerum. I knew I would love the music, but I didn't want to hate it because of her. She sounds amazing and Tuomas has utilised her range/voice perfectly.

I am in love with every single song. Taikatalvi sounds so cool with Marco singing in Finnish! Ghost River (loving the choir), Last Ride of the Day & Song of Myself are gonna be massive. Scaretale, wow, creepy voice, mad lyrics. The Owl - I have a soft spot for this, I cannot wait <3
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 am

viathyn wrote:Some of the samples of the back half of that album sound great! (They all sound pretty decent.. but there appears to be some hidden gems)

Yeah all of them sound pretty decent! and I bet there are hidden gems since for example Song Of Myself sounds pretty amazing from the 30 sec sample and I understand from some interviews that will be 14 min long, just to mencion one song..

Yelena wrote:2 more weeks until the digital copy gets released to the U.S. :viking:

Where can we buy it, do you know the date?, I don´t know if I can buy an download it from Mexico..
    Cheers!

Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Alex Fields wrote:
    Yelena wrote:2 more weeks until the digital copy gets released to the U.S. :viking:

Where can we buy it, do you know the date?, I don´t know if I can buy an download it from Mexico..

I don't know either :shock: We're getting it through Roadrunner over here but I think that only applies to U.S. and Canada. Could be wrong, though. I have the CD/T-shirt/Litho bundle pre-ordered.

Link: http://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/NIGH ... tho-Bundle

So I'll get the digital copy on December 6th :headbanger: the rest of the stuff will arrive in January.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Anything to do with roadunner is bad news.
    I'm pretty sure they don't even know what heavy metal is
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Anything to do with roadunner is bad news.

Agreed.
    Once they lost Type O Negative I stopped paying any attention to Roadrunner.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:58 pm

nekrobarr wrote:

Agreed.

Many years ago they signed some band called Slipknot.Some retard who wore masks and made music that sounded like a guy smashing garbage cans all day.
    After tha i lost all respect for them.In their earlier years they did sign some semi decent bands though.
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Pfft... since when is Nightwish considered heavy metal anyways?

Come to think of it, America has a very scewed idea of metal and good music :?
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:

Agreed.

Many years ago they signed some band called Slipknot.Some retard who wore masks and made music that sounded like a guy smashing garbage cans all day.
    After tha i lost all respect for them.In their earlier years they did sign some semi decent bands though.

BUT THEY HAS THREE DRUMMERS!!! THEY SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:19 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:

Agreed.

To me, Roadrunner is just a fad jumper. They'll suck up bands from a subgenre that gets some attention, milk it for all the money they can then move to something else. I noticed it particularly with nu metal and metalcore
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 am

I've just listened to ''Storytime''
    it sounds like Abba with tiny bit of
    guitars added to it, I really hope
    the rest of the album is not like
    that. :twisted:

:viking:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:17 am

mooyagi wrote:To me, Roadrunner is just a fad jumper. They'll suck up bands from a subgenre that gets some attention, milk it for all the money they can then move to something else. I noticed it particularly with nu metal and metalcore

So basically they're the Activision of metal?
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:50 am

Tyr wrote:I've just listened to ''Storytime''
    it sounds like Abba with tiny bit of
    guitars added to it, I really hope
    the rest of the album is not like
    that. :twisted:

Agree on the Abba comparison (but must say I've always kinda liked Abba :oops: :lol: ) ;) - dug up the quote below from the listening thread that I wrote about a month ago.
    And btw Tyr, person from Norway - welcome to the forum and the 70K ToM experience! (I take it you didn't go this year?) More Norwegians = more better! ;)
    (people who have been on the forum for awhile know I kinda have a thing for Norway and Norwegians (and Scandinavia and Scandinavians in general :mrgreen: )
    :beerhorns:

Laura wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:New Nightwish leak, sorta. Guy took the samples that he had and mixed them together to sortof form a cohesive song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgQbkRhf4k
    And the official teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvF3PSgCZvE

It's sorta catchy but not at all what I was hoping for.

Sounds like a reincarnated symphonic Abba with an *ever so slight* metal tinge. Anette was in an Abba tribute band prior to Nightwish, after all! :P

Not bad really - just not very metal - whatever, I still plan to see them 2x on the cruise! :beerwink:

Looking forward to hearing the rest!

I'm going to wait till the US release date to listen to and buy this cd (too much other music on my plate atm)....I know I may be one of the few to do this, as well as being a fan of both old and new Nightwish. The more I think of it, I wager their cruise gigs will be real highlights for me. Meeting Marco would be real icing on the cake too. :D ;) :cool:

I know this isn't from the new album (and I've posted it a bunch of times) - but absolutely love Marco in this song *sigh* :P
    While Your Lips are Still Red http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smiFk6KHr_8
    Has anyone here seen the movie that this is from?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 pm

[quote="Laura"][quote="Tyr"]

Agree on the Abba comparison (but must say I've always kinda liked Abba :oops: :lol: ) ;) - dug up the quote below from the listening thread that I wrote about a month ago.
    And btw Tyr, person from Norway - welcome to the forum and the 70K ToM experience! (I take it you didn't go this year?) More Norwegians = more better! ;)
    (people who have been on the forum for awhile know I kinda have a thing for Norway and Norwegians (and Scandinavia and Scandinavians in general :mrgreen: )
    :beerhorns:

[quote="Laura"]

No, I did not go this year, had to work :cry: Nice to hear about the thing for scandinavians, hope it is a good thing though :)
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:54 pm

I just ordered this baby!!!

And I am totally in love with this song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TrN6v-VPgo
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna pirate this. They don't need my money as much as some other bands. I'm sure they get rich off of their Finnish sales alone :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Digimortal wrote:I just ordered this baby!!!

I LOVE LOVE THAT SHIRT AND THAT SONG :wank: :cry: :bangers: I belive Troy is singing over the c part, finally Nightwish has return :cry:
    Cheers!

raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:26 pm

I ordered that too :)
    .... and The Crow is beautiful, I cant believe it's on youtube thank you :)
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:14 am

raspberry*tart wrote:

I ordered that too :)
    .... and The Crow is beautiful, I cant believe it's on youtube thank you :)

I suppose I can't order it from Mexico right ?? :?

about the song in you tube, I suppose the thing that I can't belive is that they haven't deleted it this mourning, ownder who could uploaded it?
    Cheers!

raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:38 am

I know right, I keep expecting it to be deleted.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:23 pm

I have to admit that I expected a bit more - but I assume that there are other highlights on the album for me...
    wishlist '20:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:40 am

Cheers!

Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:04 am

I've absolutely loved their concept art for the last 2 albums. I think the same artist has worked on them.

Well, I at least know that the owl song won't be my favorite of the album. Unless I catch something in it later on and it grows on me, right now it's just a simple tune that easily becomes background noise :?

sageoftruth wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:To me, Roadrunner is just a fad jumper. They'll suck up bands from a subgenre that gets some attention, milk it for all the money they can then move to something else. I noticed it particularly with nu metal and metalcore

So basically they're the Activision of metal?

I was going to say Disney of metal. Sad truth
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:46 am

Yelena wrote:I've absolutely loved their concept art for the last 2 albums. I think the same artist has worked on them.

Well, I at least know that the owl song won't be my favorite of the album. Unless I catch something in it later on and it grows on me, right now it's just a simple tune that easily becomes background noise :?

+1 on the artwork
    +1 on "owl", though I wouldn't call it noise but rather background music...or even elevator music ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:58 am

last_candle wrote:
    Yelena wrote:I've absolutely loved their concept art for the last 2 albums. I think the same artist has worked on them.

+1 on the artwork
    +1 on "owl", though I wouldn't call it noise but rather background music...or even elevator music ;)

I feel the owl will have an interesting connection with the two previous songs, those may create a general deep and maybe dark environment, I mean I feel like some deeper notes and some guitars are missing in that song but the other two may have those elements, and after those 3 songs a complete blast: Last Ride and Song Of Myself; I guess I'm triyng to see tha album as a complete entity
    Cheers!

Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:06 am

I have 2 doubts about this shirt, I don't know if someone have the answer, 1. It appears in black and white just for the picture, and the colors are normal blue and all that like in the album cover? or it really is a black and white shirt?

2. Any of you know if I'm in Mexico the album and the shirt will be sended time before it should arrive so that I can have them before or at the same time I will be able to find the album on any music shop? or will be sended till the normal date so that I'll find the album sooner in any shop?
    Cheers!

Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Alex Fields wrote:2. Any of you know if I'm in Mexico the album and the shirt will be sended time before it should arrive so that I can have them before or at the same time I will be able to find the album on any music shop? or will be sended till the normal date so that I'll find the album sooner in any shop?

I believe they are sent the date of release or after, I don't think they are allowed to send them out before. I could be wrong but it's how it works when we pre-order from sites in Australia.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Yay, got my copy today. But totally screwed up the order. Got an size M shirt. No way I'm gonna fit into that. Luckaly a friend of mine needs an M and has a L

Track 5 atm, liking it so far!
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm

I love this song!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_renNJwatYI&feature=BFa&list=ULKnBwc8_jEbw&lf=mfu_in_order

Of the songs I have heard so far, some hit and miss although it's only one listen through. Not sure how long the album will last on YouTube before it gets pulled down but everything except Storytime is on that link
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Argh... Must... Resist... Listening... To whole album.... *eye twitch*

last_candle wrote:

+1 on the artwork

I use the term 'noise' loosely here :lol: so fair enough
Post Reply 110 posts