Post Reply 133 posts
Metalfest 2012
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

Metalfest 2012

by Daenerys » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:06 am

Anyone else still considering Metalfest? Figured I'd bump with the current lineup:

http://www.hr.metalfest.eu/bands.html
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Metalfest 2012

by Ravenlord » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:20 am

Yeah. I ordered my ticket. I'm not amazed by the lineup but it'll be good fun either way.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am

Been thinking of going to this.
    Would be really cool to see Brezno live again .
    Also ahev some friends somewhere in Croatia i haven't seen in along time and want to viist.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:47 am

I'm going to Metalfest, but to the one in Dessau, much cheaper and easier for us :cheers:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:51 am

Awesome! Yeah part of the reason we'll likely choose this one is for the scenery as much as for the metal :) We're thinking of flying into Munich the week before and spending time there and then in Slovenia while working our way down to Croatia. Since we're in the cabin across from ya'll this year we'll have to pick your festival veteran brains about this :mrgreen: :cheers:

MadameLePink wrote:I'm going to Metalfest, but to the one in Dessau, much cheaper and easier for us :cheers:

So jealous of your ability to festival hop, you guys don't miss anything! :cry:

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 am

MadameLePink wrote:I'm going to Metalfest, but to the one in Dessau, much cheaper and easier for us :cheers:

The Dessau place is crap.It's on an old airfield and there's a lot of dust in the festival area.
    There is one nearby supermarket which has an ok range of beer and food.I'm not sure if they have an atm there.I do know that on the Sunday everywhere was closed and i walked a ocuple of miles back to the train station to withdraw money from the ATM there.

Also a bit of advice .
    If you want to bring spirits make sure to pour them into plastic bottles before you get into the camp ground.
    The security check all your bags before letting you enter the campground area and no glass is premitted there.

The toilets they have there are quite decent.They have paid ones and showers too.

Also if you bump into a big group of drunk Germans who keep playing a power metal song about ninjas tell them i said hey :lol:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 am

Also because it's at an airfield it gets quite windy and kinda messes with the stage sound from time to time.
    Also they sell beer in the nearby hospital ^^
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:03 am

Daenerys wrote:Awesome! Yeah part of the reason we'll likely choose this one is for the scenery as much as for the metal :) We're thinking of flying into Munich the week before and spending time there and then in Slovenia while working our way down to Croatia. Since we're in the cabin across from ya'll this year we'll have to pick your festival veteran brains about this :mrgreen: :cheers:

I'll be starting in Rock Hard festival and after that I have 5 days to make my way to Croatia. Biggest problem for me is that I have to get to Sweden Rock festival the day after Metalfest. Naturally I'll be flying there but I don't know when yet. I might have to get a flight very early the next morning and therefore maybe head to the airport on the last night of Metalfest. I'll have to wait and see how I work it out.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 am

Daenerys wrote:Awesome! Yeah part of the reason we'll likely choose this one is for the scenery as much as for the metal :) We're thinking of flying into Munich the week before and spending time there and then in Slovenia while working our way down to Croatia. Since we're in the cabin across from ya'll this year we'll have to pick your festival veteran brains about this :mrgreen: :cheers:

Yeah, the scenery makes the Croatia one very attractive, but we are already going down to that area for Metalcamp and the travel is expensive and takes many hours from Denmark (last year it took 14 hours: bus, metro, plane, plane, cab, train, train, cab). Going to Germany costs only 1/4 as it's ridiculously cheap to fly to Berlin.

And btw we are lucky that we can travel quite cheap to many places in Europe, otherwise we probably wouldn't go to so many concerts/festivals!

Peter, I know it's an airfield and not the best location, but we have friends going and they say it's a great festival. And we will be staying in a hotel so we are not concerned about supermarkets etc... I'll remember about the power metal ninjas :mrgreen: Actually we have a friend who used to play in a band called Ninja Magic :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:12 am

Thats funny because Ninja magic is the band that they keep playing the song the whole time of at festivals :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:06 pm

If I could swing a trip overseas next year, Metalfest Croatia actually seems (so far) like the festival I would go for
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Thats funny because Ninja magic is the band that they keep playing the song the whole time of at festivals :lol:

ohhhh gawd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-bmJDlIsg

I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.....lol
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:54 am

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Thats funny because Ninja magic is the band that they keep playing the song the whole time of at festivals :lol:

ohhhh gawd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-bmJDlIsg

I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.....lol

Yes, I was going to post that video, too funny :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:33 am

I'm most likely going to Metalfest Croatia with some friends. It's cheap and I've wanted to visit Croatia for a long time.

Metalcamp is great, but we're not going next year. Been there three times and thought it was time see some other festivals. We're going to Brutal Assault in Czech.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 am

*incorrect news edited out*
    Last edited by Memnoch on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 am

Oops, sorry. Got the info from a Finnish zine; apparently they meant to say announced for Brutal Assault but posted Metalfest instead. I didn't bother checking the Metalfest site to confirm it and now the zine has corrected the news to BA. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:58 am

But now you have a chance to go to two great festivals: Metalfest for Hypocrisy and Brutal Assault for Amon Amarth. :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:14 am

I recommend the Croatian Metalfest. That's where we're going.
    Wishlist:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:24 am

Croatia is where it's at!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Memnoch wrote:But now you have a chance to go to two great festivals: Metalfest for Hypocrisy and Brutal Assault for Amon Amarth. :mrgreen:

Or you can go to Metalcamp and get Amon Amarth and Pain :mrgreen:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:29 am

Triptykon confirmed for Metalfest! :death:
    Wishlist:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:01 am

Memnoch wrote:Triptykon confirmed for Metalfest! :death:

Suck it :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 am

We went to the one in Dessau this year. The new one in Loreley is in the same weekend as the Forces of Metal festival in the Netherlands, so we might drive to eastern Germany again.
    Heavy-D
    Oiler

by Heavy-D » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am

it seems i will be there, a few of my bands on the line-up :)
    http://www.totalworlddomination.eu
    https://www.facebook.com/Soundguybe

Cruising with Vomitory, Dark Funeral and Bodyfarm
    ---------------------------

I have two work speeds. If you don't like this one you're going to hate the other one.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:36 am

Swallow the Sun added to the lineup. Funny thing is, Markus hadn't even heard of that before I told him. :lol:
    And it seems there will be quite many of my friends going to the Croatian one, so should be fun. :3drunks:
    Wishlist:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 am

Memnoch wrote:Swallow the Sun added to the lineup. Funny thing is, Markus hadn't even heard of that before I told him. :lol:
    And it seems there will be quite many of my friends going to the Croatian one, so should be fun. :3drunks:

You didn't give all the news :roll: Skull Fist were also added which means a lot more to me than Swallow The Sun. As you can guess, the lineup isn't totally suited to my tastes, but it'll still be a lot of fun. :beerwink:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 am

I'll be at the Swiss Edition - sleeping at home, though
    I'd like W.A.S.P. to be added, too
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Memnoch wrote:Swallow the Sun added to the lineup. Funny thing is, Markus hadn't even heard of that before I told him. :lol:

Memnoch correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Swallow The Sun will not be at the Croatian Metalfest? I think they're playing the Swiss one though. The way they announce things on their site is confusing :?
    Ravenlord wrote:You didn't give all the news :roll: Skull Fist were also added which means a lot more to me than Swallow The Sun. As you can guess, the lineup isn't totally suited to my tastes, but it'll still be a lot of fun. :beerwink:

:lol: :lol: As soon as I saw the Skull Fist announcment I thought "Well the Irish boys will be happy about that one"

Fear Factory added today. Big "meh" from me.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 am

Yeah, so it seems. I'll ask Markus when I see him. I think he's coming (well, some of the guys will be there for sure) to the pre-listening of the new album at Bar Bäkkäri in Helsinki next week.

Metalfest's facebook page haven't been updated in a while, and it seems not all of the official sites for different countries have been updated either. Well, the same organizers run Metalcamp so that doesn't come as a surprise. They too like the word "soon". :lol:
    Wishlist:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 am

So Megadeth are headlining all of these it seems. I'm not too bothered.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am

Ravenlord wrote:So Megadeth are headlining all of these it seems. I'm not too bothered.

Yea ill take em. Its nothing im super excited about, but I wont be running away for their set either.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:56 pm

AAAHHHH!! Booked our flights today!!! :D :shred: :bangers:

Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Probably present at the one in West Germany.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:37 am

Daenerys wrote:AAAHHHH!! Booked our flights today!!! :D :shred: :bangers:

awesome!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:42 am

Tuup wrote:Probably present at the one in West Germany.

Nonono... Just do what everyone else is doing and come to the Croatian one. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:26 am

Memnoch wrote:

Nonono... Just do what everyone else is doing and come to the Croatian one. :beerwink:

Yes, come and join our Sköl festival in Croatia :beerwink:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:33 am

Skölfest FTW! :3drunks:
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:45 am

Memnoch wrote:Skölfest FTW! :3drunks:

Yup, after we've been there, they will change the name from Metalfest to Skölfest :cheers:

Beer and bananas!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:36 am

last_candle wrote:I'll be at the Swiss Edition - sleeping at home, though
    I'd like W.A.S.P. to be added, too

nice! W.A.S.P. will play Switzerland, too :shred:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

Yes, come and join our Sköl festival in Croatia :beerwink:

Sköl 'em all!

Well theoretically we could do the Metalfests in Dessau, Zadar and Loreley all three in a row as they're not on the same dates :D

Shit, now I need to ban another crazy idea out of my head.
Post Reply 133 posts