Post Reply 133 posts
Metalfest 2012
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

Re: Metalfest 2012

by Daenerys » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 pm

gnoff wrote:Sweet!

Are you visiting any other parts of Europe (Sweden!) at the same?

We wish!! Sweden unfortunately requires way more time than we have :cry: We're going to fly in and out of Munich though, so we'll be spending several days there after Metalfest. I've been to Munich but its been 10 years since I was there, so it'll basically all be new again :lol: I would like to try to make it to Prague, but I just don't think we'll have enough time. If anyone's been to Munich recently, I'll gladly take any good advice you have!

Memnoch, are you taking your RV to Croatia, or are you staying somewhere? I still have so many details to figure out :?
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:22 am

No, we're going to fly in and rent an apartment with Laura (MadameLePink) and Fredrik (Uncle Soda) and some friends of ours. Most likely we'll rent a car for a couple of days so we can go see the country a bit more.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 am

Daenerys wrote:
    gnoff wrote:Sweet!

Are you visiting any other parts of Europe (Sweden!) at the same?

We wish!! Sweden unfortunately requires way more time than we have :cry: We're going to fly in and out of Munich though, so we'll be spending several days there after Metalfest. I've been to Munich but its been 10 years since I was there, so it'll basically all be new again :lol: I would like to try to make it to Prague, but I just don't think we'll have enough time. If anyone's been to Munich recently, I'll gladly take any good advice you have!

Memnoch, are you taking your RV to Croatia, or are you staying somewhere? I still have so many details to figure out :?

You can fly from Munich to Prague in an hour or less, or you could drive from Croatia, it's not that far. I would definitely choose Prague in stead of Munich, it's such a lovely city :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:08 am

Memnoch wrote:No, we're going to fly in and rent an apartment with Laura (MadameLePink) and Fredrik (Uncle Soda) and some friends of ours. Most likely we'll rent a car for a couple of days so we can go see the country a bit more.

So you've decided to fly? We'll have to check flight times so we can meet up at Copenhagen airport :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:16 am

Well, yeah, I think it will be easier. And we'd have to leave on Thursday if we drove down to Croatia. We'll see though. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:47 am

Memnoch wrote:Well, yeah, I think it will be easier. And we'd have to leave on Thursday if we drove down to Croatia. We'll see though. :beerwink:

Probably that's the best solution anyway :) And this way we don't have to come to Helsinki before the festival, we can wait until Moonsorrow or Ensiferum announce a gig instead :mrgreen:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:07 am

Ok, only a bit over a month to go. So, who's going to Metalfest Croatia?
    They're announcing an US band tomorrow, saying it's "very special and unique" and apparently begins with a S. Saint Vitus is touring in Europe this summer and I didn't see any gigs in the time frame of Metalfests. Wouldn't mind seeing them.
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 am

I thought they were done with the announcements, but maybe that's only for the german and austrian dates that already have the running order up.

Btw just paid the last bit for the apartment, so we are all set now :mrgreen:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 am

The Croatian one has running order online too, not any times yet though, but running order for what band is playing on which stage and which day is online. There's still three free slots for the main stage.
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:22 am

So we now have the tickets, the apartment, the flights, the hotel in Zagreb and the rental car sorted out? Can't wait! :party:
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 am

Memnoch wrote:So we now have the tickets, the apartment, the flights, the hotel in Zagreb and the rental car sorted out? Can't wait! :party:

And the 666 tour is booked too, now we only need time to go fast :)

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:48 am

Did you get any reply from them about the Dark Ride tour?
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 am

Memnoch wrote:Did you get any reply from them about the Dark Ride tour?

Nope, did you? Maybe they will send the emails when we get closer to the festival? But I think it's stupid that you can't choose which day and time you prefer when you book. It will just give lots of work later when everybody what to change the spots they get assigned.

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Did you get any reply from them about the Dark Ride tour?

Nope, did you? Maybe they will send the emails when we get closer to the festival? But I think it's stupid that you can't choose which day and time you prefer when you book. It will just give lots of work later when everybody what to change the spots they get assigned.

Nope, no answer. I thought the same that they'd contact us soon (ha!).
    Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:50 pm

We're still going! We booked the Hotel Donat special when they promoted it and have had our flights booked for a long time; we're flying directly into Zadar from Munich, and then spending 4 days in Munich after the festival. So lots of :bangers: for us SOOOOON! We're also planning on doing the Dark Ride but waiting on stage times before trying to book it. We're staying in Croatia an extra day after the festival so we have a little extra tourist time. Definitely going to try to go to Split, Pag Island and one of the national parks, probably either Krka or the Plitvice Lakes (as pictured below). WE CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :D

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 pm

that place looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Daenerys wrote:We're still going! We booked the Hotel Donat special when they promoted it and have had our flights booked for a long time; we're flying directly into Zadar from Munich, and then spending 4 days in Munich after the festival. So lots of :bangers: for us SOOOOON! We're also planning on doing the Dark Ride but waiting on stage times before trying to book it. We're staying in Croatia an extra day after the festival so we have a little extra tourist time. Definitely going to try to go to Split, Pag Island and one of the national parks, probably either Krka or the Plitvice Lakes (as pictured below). WE CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :D

That looks amazing! :shock:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Daenerys wrote:We're still going! We booked the Hotel Donat special when they promoted it and have had our flights booked for a long time; we're flying directly into Zadar from Munich, and then spending 4 days in Munich after the festival. So lots of :bangers: for us SOOOOON! We're also planning on doing the Dark Ride but waiting on stage times before trying to book it. We're staying in Croatia an extra day after the festival so we have a little extra tourist time. Definitely going to try to go to Split, Pag Island and one of the national parks, probably either Krka or the Plitvice Lakes (as pictured below). WE CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :D

I want to go there! Wow.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:02 pm

You both offically suck.

:pound:
    :D
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm

If you don't go there, I'm gonna be forced to do something drastic like fart in an ice cube tray and freeze it into fart cubes and leave them in your freezer
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

If you don't go there, I'm gonna be forced to do something drastic like fart in an ice cube tray and freeze it into fart cubes and leave them in your freezer

Thank god I never use ice, so she will have to deal with the fartin' cubes. :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:09 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Daenerys wrote:Image

We're staying in Zadar until Friday, so this is definitely something I want to do. And, we're renting a car, so getting around won't be a problem either. Thanks for the tip. :D
    Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 am

No problem :beerwink: Although from what I've read Plitvice is beautiful, but you can't swim in the lakes, whereas Krka allows for swimming, and looks close to as beautiful:

It will probably be easiest to just do both :D

DrinkMoxie wrote:If you don't go there, I'm gonna be forced to do something drastic like fart in an ice cube tray and freeze it into fart cubes and leave them in your freezer

You can't do it if you don't ever move down here!! *taunts* :twisted:

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:14 pm

fine... then I'll mail a package of fart if need be
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 04, 2012 6:20 am

Four weeks to go! :D
    Wishlist:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 pm

^

Soooo stoked. Wondering who else they are going to announce since there are a few empty slots left on the Visigoth Stage
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 04, 2012 11:42 pm

I have heard a rumour of a Finnish band being in talks with the festival. :roll:
    Wishlist:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat May 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Judging by your reply im assuming the band in talks is Nightwish since they conveniently have a gap around metalfests dates? :lol:

Really hope not since even though I dont mind them id rather a spot like that be filled with someone else.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat May 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Nope, not Nightwish. A better one. ;)
    Wishlist:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat May 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Memnoch wrote:Nope, not Nightwish. A better one. ;)

Hrmmm. You rolled your eyes so it has to be power metal or something similar lmao. Sonata?...please tell me its Tarot though. Ill never have the chance to see them again unless I move to EU :lol:
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Thu May 10, 2012 4:24 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Nope, not Nightwish. A better one. ;)

Hrmmm. You rolled your eyes so it has to be power metal or something similar lmao. Sonata?...please tell me its Tarot though. Ill never have the chance to see them again unless I move to EU :lol:

Knowing who Ville hangs out with I have a qualified guess, but I hope it's Moonsorrow or Finntroll. If I could choose it would be Viikate, but that's never gonna happen :P
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed May 16, 2012 1:30 am

Metalfest Croatia posted on their facebook yesterday that there'd be an announcement today and that the running order would be online yesterday, but now it seems they've deleted the post and there isn't any running order online yet. I guess they're going the UMC way with this and we'll get the running order once in Zadar. :lol:
    A bit over two weeks to go. Yay! :givebeer:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed May 16, 2012 3:34 am

They released the running order today:
    http://www.hr.metalfest.eu/ro.html?lang=en
    Wishlist:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed May 16, 2012 5:57 am

You should have chosen for the one in Germany as well, then you would have had the running order weeks ago already ;)
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Wed May 16, 2012 7:15 am

Memnoch wrote:They released the running order today:
    http://www.hr.metalfest.eu/ro.html?lang=en

Too bad Septicflesh only gets 30 minutes but I always get the hype going when running orders are published. Can't wait :shred:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 25, 2012 3:40 am

:deathhorns: Eight days until we leave for Croatia. :deathhorns:
    Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm

AAAHHHHH so excited!!! This time next week we'll be there!!! :D :D I thought they had posted they were announcing another band, but I don't see that anymore :?

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Daenerys wrote:AAAHHHHH so excited!!! This time next week we'll be there!!! :D :D I thought they had posted they were announcing another band, but I don't see that anymore :?

I'm still jealous

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)