Post Reply 231 posts
Swedish festivals and shows
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: Swedish festivals and shows

by WizardBeast » Thu May 31, 2012 8:29 pm

gnoffi, if someone invents crap-cancelling headphones, sign me up for a set!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 pm

WizardBeast wrote:gnoffi, if someone invents crap-cancelling headphones, sign me up for a set!

I would buy a set, for sure!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:23 am

gnoff wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:gnoffi, if someone invents crap-cancelling headphones, sign me up for a set!

I'll see what I can do!

maybe you can build one out of broken capacitors! hey, that's what you should have said in that job interview!
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:02 am

gnoff wrote:Sweden Rock Festival

starts tomorrow

:wank:

I'll be on a bus from 0700 and arrive around 1125

Arrival set for 13.00.

I can't say that I'm too overwhelmed by the weather forecasts. Luckily almost no showers, but 12-15 (54-59) degrees is pretty low for June.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:32 pm

gnoff wrote:
    also announced:

Pain of Salvation

oh man... wish Daniel would get back to the US one of these years! Ya know, there are many bands I've never gotten around to seeing or are simply not a huge priority for me, but man, PoS is the *only* band left on my must-see list. Some day... :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:22 pm

gnoff wrote:Sweden Rock Double Cruise!

This autumn the Sweden Rock Cruise gets twice as good. We will do two consecutive cruises on the same ship. The first will be focused on hard rock/heavy metal and the second will feature a slightly harder line-up. You can choose to go on either one, or both. If the same people book the same kind of cabin for both cruises, you can stay on the ship without having to check in again for the second departure.

In total, 14 band will play - seven on each cruise. The following bands are confirmed so far:

4-5 October
    Michael Monroe
    Jorn
    Rage (playing a melodic set)
    4 more bands to be announced

5-6 October
    Satyricon
    Macabre
    Rage (playing a harder set)
    Portrait
    3 more bands to be announced

More info will follow shortly!

Last edit on June 12, 2012

OMG, a metalfest in sweden you will NOT be attending this year!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 am

gnoff wrote:
    When I'm not one of them the drunkards are annoying...

So true :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 pm

gnoff wrote:
    gnoff wrote:CLOSE-UP BÅTEN

Thursday 6-7 september 2012 on M/S Silja Galaxy

Bands:

Raubtier
    Pain
    Hypocrisy
    Crashdïet
    The 69 Eyes
    Asphyx (first gig in Sweden in 21 years)
    Soulfly

Nicke Borg Homeland plays the Pianobar both days

(edit/updated on June 17, 2012)

Info and booking in Swedish:
    http://www.tallinksilja.com/sv/cruises/ ... loseUp.htm

Me and a mate decided Friday we'll go, today one of my all time closest friends said she'll tag along, one more person and we'll have a full cabin ready to go!

Cost:
    About 57 USD per person :lol:

That's for cruise and bands, food and booze is extra, plus I need to get to Stockholm of course

You can do a lot of those cruises for one Barge :shock: Plus, you've got Pain and Hypo on there so you'll see as many bands as you will on Barge anyway :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Wish we had some of those cheaper cruises here
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 pm

gnoff wrote:Though ppl on these drink a LOT which can be sortof annoying.

And you don't? :lol:
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Well, that’s calling the kettle black. LOL :party:
    Takes a drinker to know a drinker. :chug: :3drunks: :heavydrink:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 am

gnoff wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I don't even come close!

These ppl will be drunk getting on the boat, påuke within the first hour and sleep while the bands play.

Nobody believes it until they've been on one of these cruises, but it's like seeing a bunch of alcoholics at an open bar, scary drunk even.

I'm talking falling down drunk, puking, fights, pissing yourself, that kind of stuff

Well that's no fun! Stupid Europeans taking these festivals for granted. If they don't wanna see the damn bands and just get fucked up instead give me the damn tickets :roll:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    gnoff wrote:

I don't even come close!

These ppl will be drunk getting on the boat, påuke within the first hour and sleep while the bands play.

Nobody believes it until they've been on one of these cruises, but it's like seeing a bunch of alcoholics at an open bar, scary drunk even.

I'm talking falling down drunk, puking, fights, pissing yourself, that kind of stuff

Well that's no fun! Stupid Europeans taking these festivals for granted. If they don't wanna see the damn bands and just get fucked up instead give me the damn tickets :roll:

no shit! that's fucked up! and they say Americans are stupid? well we are, but not so ungrateful! well, yeah we are. nevermind!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:19 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    gnoff wrote:

I don't even come close!

no shit! that's fucked up! and they say Americans are stupid? well we are, but not so ungrateful! well, yeah we are. nevermind!

People suck
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Yet another "Get off my lawn" moment brought to you by Gnoffi :lol: Agreed, though. Partying is fun but getting blackout drunk and not remembering the fun things you were doing (and really sloppy drunks are obnoxious) is dumb.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 pm

gnoff wrote:I kid you not when I say I get some vile taste of disgust in my mouth at Metaltown this year when I saw how badly people drank themselves to near death the first year they served 5.2% ABV beer instead of 4.2% ABV ones.

At 5 pm loads and loads of ppl were crashed out drunk, completely and utterly wasted, falling asleep, lying in piles, it's scary how the Swedes tend to try and drink themselves to death any and every chance they get.

I still haven't had a singale beer since SRF, first it was since I partied (for me) too hard and my body took a beating at SRF (NOTHING compared to what I saw at Metaltown and what I'm talking about on that cruise, not even CLOSE, just that I had "too much" to drink for four days straight for my system to handle it in a normal way), but now it is more in disgust of how many tend to fuck themselves up and not appreciating taste or even the good times that can come from a few beers, instead over indulgence.

Fuck

I don't want to become an absolutist, my whole hobby of beer brewing would be instantly fucked, I might become christian after and then start to listen to schlager music and take up an interest in hand sewn clothing and the fine art of painting coffee mugs with straws.

I get what you're saying. I get really annoyed when I feel like people's only goal I life is getting shit faced. I feel like its overrated and I think that phase is over with me. Now once in a whole getting buzzed is fine, but to always be fall down drunk is obnoxious. Last Saturday my friends made me go to a club, since it was my friend's bachelorette party I couldn't really say no. So I got a bit drunk but it was a nice buzzed state. No falling over or puking, which is definitely a good thing. I probably won't get drunk again in ages :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:26 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    gnoff wrote:I kid you not when I say I get some vile taste of disgust in my mouth at Metaltown this year when I saw how badly people drank themselves to near death the first year they served 5.2% ABV beer instead of 4.2% ABV ones.

At 5 pm loads and loads of ppl were crashed out drunk, completely and utterly wasted, falling asleep, lying in piles, it's scary how the Swedes tend to try and drink themselves to death any and every chance they get.

I still haven't had a singale beer since SRF, first it was since I partied (for me) too hard and my body took a beating at SRF (NOTHING compared to what I saw at Metaltown and what I'm talking about on that cruise, not even CLOSE, just that I had "too much" to drink for four days straight for my system to handle it in a normal way), but now it is more in disgust of how many tend to fuck themselves up and not appreciating taste or even the good times that can come from a few beers, instead over indulgence.

Fuck

I don't want to become an absolutist, my whole hobby of beer brewing would be instantly fucked, I might become christian after and then start to listen to schlager music and take up an interest in hand sewn clothing and the fine art of painting coffee mugs with straws.

I get what you're saying. I get really annoyed when I feel like people's only goal I life is getting shit faced. I feel like its overrated and I think that phase is over with me. Now once in a whole getting buzzed is fine, but to always be fall down drunk is obnoxious. Last Saturday my friends made me go to a club, since it was my friend's bachelorette party I couldn't really say no. So I got a bit drunk but it was a nice buzzed state. No falling over or puking, which is definitely a good thing. I probably won't get drunk again until Denver :lol:

Fixed ;)

You were drunk enough to send horribly misspelled text messages :lol: Can't blame ya, though. If I was dragged to a club I'd be drinking a lot of vodka too.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:27 pm

It is dumb where getting fucked up is the only thing in the plan. Granted, I've gone overbroad many, many times in the past. :oops:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Hahah still I remember everything and could walk only own. Had to do something to hide the club horrors since someone abandoned me :P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:30 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Hahah still I remember everything and could walk only own. Had to do something to hide the club horrors since someone abandoned me :P

I didn't abandon you. I went to sleep. You, of all people, can understand that :P
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 pm

I guess Gothenburg Deathfest is a fest of awful logos. I would not enjoy it, I don't think. Too noisy.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 am

gnoff wrote:Skogsröjet

has released which days which bands play, festival post updated

Also Faster Pussycat has cancelled all shows in Scandinavia in August, replacement band to be announced later

almost anything's got to be better than Faster Pussycat. i even think Winger is better.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:07 pm

I used to love Faster Pussycat and I have a few Lps :mrgreen: But I don't think I would go see them now. I feel the same about most 80's hair bands. I want to keep thinking of them the way they looked 25 years ago ;)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:02 pm

MadameLePink wrote:I used to love Faster Pussycat and I have a few Lps :mrgreen: But I don't think I would go see them now. I feel the same about most 80's hair bands. I want to keep thinking of them the way they looked 25 years ago ;)

i believe i was confusing them with Great White. i hate Great White. don't really know FP. oops! :oops:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:51 am

So the people who bought tickets don't get all their money back? That's horseshit.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Hm.... is that even legal?
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:35 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Hm.... is that even legal?

The dude will probably file for bankruptcy (I have no idea if "file for bankruptcy" is correct English. If it's not, please correct me.) and then he'll be disqualified to have any kind of movement within a number of years. If he really fucked it up, he might serve some time, but that will probably not happen.

Anyway. I may be heading for Getaway Rock this weekend. Only a two hour drive. On the other hand, I have just been to both Sweden Rock and Graspop in June, so I might just stay at home or maybe go see Pearl Jam in Stockholm.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:41 pm

gnoff wrote:Getaway Rock Festival
    coming up

Not for me though, since Manowar still haven't dropped off, but seems others are still going.

that lineup is more awesome than both the european fests i went to! DAMN!!!!!
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 am

gnoff wrote:AT THE GATES announced for 2013 edition of 'METALLSVENSKAN'. Show day: May 24, 2013

My birthday :deathmetal:

Also done:
    Bullet and Vomitory

http://metallsvenskan.com/2012/?p=2516

Tickets:
    http://www.ticnet.se/event/metallsvensk ... ter/227745

Vomitory hopefully in the caribia in January :whisky:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 am

gnoff wrote:!!

Damn!

Amorphis and Morgana Lefay confirmed for the Sweden Rock Double Cruise!

Didn't think Morgana Lefay would tour at all any longer?

Morgana Lefay for 70K! Or Barge! :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Holy thread-bump batman!! :|

Reason for the thread-bump is that I am SERIOUSLY considering jetting over to Sweden for just a few days in August, so I can attend...

ROCKSTAD FALUN!!!

Festival run by one of my top 10 fave bands (Sabaton), and featuring my favourite band ever this year (MAGNUM).

Along with Ensiferum who I could never see enough of, plus another two bands I really like that I've yet to see live (Bloodbound and Powerwolf).

I would definitely do VIP to make it more 'special' - its only $AUD260 for a three day VIP pass plus camping. About $AUD1700 for flights there and back so could do it for around $AUD2k - about what I hope to get back on my tax return this year.

It would literally be a case of fly over, attend festival, fly back. But I figure as the years progress I'm running out of chances to see Magnum live, and they will never come to Australia, and I doubt they'll ever do 70k of Metal.......
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
Post Reply 231 posts