Post Reply 41 posts
MERCYFUL FATE!!!!!!
  • eviljess
    Oiler

MERCYFUL FATE!!!!!!

by eviljess » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:14 am

MERCYFUL FATE PLAYED LAST NIGHT AT SOME METALLICA SHOW IN SAN FRANCISCO. THIS NEWS IS BIGGER THAN ANY SO FAR. KINGS OFFICIAL SITE SAYS SOME REAL NEWS IS COMING SOON. :P :twisted: :P
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: MERCYFUL FATE!!!!!!

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 am

King Diamond performing at the Metallica 30th Anniversary gig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pHCDgBj ... e=youtu.be
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:31 am

No way that they are playing the cruise, but I truly hope that there is a tour or other festival dates coming next year.
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 am

Bentz! wrote:No way that they are playing the cruise, but I truly hope that there is a tour or other festival dates coming next year.

at this point I think we would be lucky to get Portrait or In Solitude, let alone the real deal.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:38 am

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:No way that they are playing the cruise, but I truly hope that there is a tour or other festival dates coming next year.

at this point I think we would be lucky to get Portrait or In Solitude, let alone the real deal.

My thoughts exactly.
    For the record, I really like both Portrait and In Solitude and would be thrilled if either of them are announced.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:48 am

Highly doubt they'd be playing but wow would I be happy
    I should get around to updating my signature
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:17 am

Mercyful Fate needs to be on this ship. This would be the greatest announcement yet. :bmhorns:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 am

based on ??????
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:31 am

King is a cool MFer. I have gotten to meet him a few times. I havent seen him in a long time. I wouldnt be surprised if he was on the cruise. but not holding my breath about anything
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:33 am

his website did say he is doing great and some big news was about to be posted. Dont know if it would be about the cruise, but at least he is back making music and touring is what I think the news will be.
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:40 am

KevinP wrote:

based on ??????

The only thing was said was that King is afraid of his fans. But he can stay in his cabin if he wants. Or maybe he's changed. I'd say open heart surgery would change you in some way or another.

I think this would be the sort of announcement that would give this sort of reaction:

Rab wrote:
    Rab wrote:If i heard right tomorrow something awesome

lets just say if it happens it will be a madhouse

It would also justify Andy's claim of Big Surprises...
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:49 am

Plus if it happens there is always the chance of a Snowy Shaw cameo!

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:50 am

SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:53 am

Anyone know if it was Denner or Wead on 2nd guitar?

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:13 pm

KevinP wrote:

based on ??????

Sound reasoning. :lol:

It's way too late in the game for a huge announcement like this. Mercyful Fate or King Diamond would be announced many months in advance to generate publicity and ensure that all the tickets get sold.
    I'm not one who thinks that UMC is going to make some super mega announcement with the final 11 bands.
    UMC, please prove me wrong. :D

Oh and for the record, I'm actually quite pleased with the lineup that we have so far. (although I think the 2011 lineup was better)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Bentz! wrote:It's way too late in the game for a huge announcement like this. Mercyful Fate or King Diamond would be announced many months in advance to generate publicity and ensure that all the tickets get sold.

You're missing one very important point. UMC doesn't follow the typical rules of good business. They do whatever they want to spite people. Making an announcement like this with a week left before the cruise sounds exactly like something UMC would do.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:It's way too late in the game for a huge announcement like this. Mercyful Fate or King Diamond would be announced many months in advance to generate publicity and ensure that all the tickets get sold.

You're missing one very important point. UMC doesn't follow the typical rules of good business. They do whatever they want to spite people. Making an announcement like this with a week left before the cruise sounds exactly like something UMC would do.

***FINGERS CROSSED....IN HOPES THAT THIS IS THE CASE!! BRING US MERCYFUL FATE!!!!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:06 pm

They would be a 9.99 for me!!

Invert it if you dare!

muahahahahahahaaha!

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I would expect a tour at least, but if it was to start on the cruise, it would be the greatest thing!!!

Something's going to happen anyway. From the KD/MF site:

Hi all.
    The last news posting is by now about one year old. It was in fact from 12/12 2010, and I would here just like to inform you that King is doing really well.
    A 'real' news post will be up very soon.
    Stay tuned ! ! !
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:54 pm

I'd say the big news is New Mercyful Fate album along with a Mercyful Fate tour playing 'Don't break the oath ' in it's entirety.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:05 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:Anyone know if it was Denner or Wead on 2nd guitar?

It was Denner
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:15 pm

onenight wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:Anyone know if it was Denner or Wead on 2nd guitar?

It was Denner

WOW!

cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Skagerrak is by Denmark right? Muhahahaha!

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:34 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:Skagerrak is by Denmark right? Muhahahaha!

Yes it is! :bmhorns:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Ummm, the fake boat was just in Denmark to pick up Pretty Maids. Maybe they're on their way to San Francisco to get the band since that's where they're at right now... :lol:

Stained Class wrote:You're missing one very important point. UMC doesn't follow the typical rules of good business. They do whatever they want to spite people. Making an announcement like this with a week left before the cruise sounds exactly like something UMC would do.

For me, this thinking is like following the yellow brick road to see the wizard and never caring to look behind that curtain to see what's going on back there.
    I don't buy the lack of announcements, misinterpretation of the word "soon" and pitiful communication as business decisions. For me, they are signs that UMC is working hard to "stay afloat".

None of this will matter come January 23, though, as those who bought our tickets will be in metal heaven again!
    :chug: :belly: :shred: :beerhorns: :bangers: :deathhorns: :wank: :boobs: :party:
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Bentz! wrote:Ummm, the fake boat was just in Denmark to pick up Pretty Maids. Maybe they're on their way to San Francisco to get the band since that's where they're at right now... :lol:

Stained Class wrote:You're missing one very important point. UMC doesn't follow the typical rules of good business. They do whatever they want to spite people. Making an announcement like this with a week left before the cruise sounds exactly like something UMC would do.

For me, this thinking is like following the yellow brick road to see the wizard and never caring to look behind that curtain to see what's going on back there.
    I don't buy the lack of announcements, misinterpretation of the word "soon" and pitiful communication as business decisions. For me, they are signs that UMC is working hard to "stay afloat".

None of this will matter come January 23, though, as those who bought our tickets will be in metal heaven again!
    :chug: :belly: :shred: :beerhorns: :bangers: :deathhorns: :wank: :boobs: :party:

it did say Pretty Maids were a warmup...yeah better not wish or hope...

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:14 pm

I think King Diamond would please almost EVERYONE across all genres (except for a few folk weenies). Makes too much sense for it to happen.

It would be awesome on so many levels though. And if it happens, expect me to not shut up about my desire to here AT THE GRAVES!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:it did say Pretty Maids were a warmup...yeah better not wish or hope...

Nah, it's good to keep wishing. My corporate world functioning brain has a hard time turning itself off.

I do hope that we get some killer announcements in the final 11, but I won't complain if we don't get them. The event itself and the people who attend it are as much a part of the enjoyment of this thing as the bands that play the stages.

KevinP wrote:And if it happens, expect me to not shut up about my desire to here AT THE GRAVES!!!!!!

If the King is onbroad, I will be right there with ya! That's one of my faves as well! :bangers:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Bentz! wrote:I do hope that we get some killer announcements in the final 11, but I won't complain if we don't get them. The event itself and the people who attend it are as much a part of the enjoyment of this thing as the bands that play the stages.

Agreed. My Dying Bride alone almost seals the entire deal for me. Throw on God Dethroned and Coroner and I'm happier than a Canadian rolling around some poutine gravy.

Plus I'm obviously looking forward to Atheist, Grave Digger, Moonsorrow, Overkill, Whiplash and a few others. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

based on ??????

Sound reasoning. :lol:

It's way too late in the game for a huge announcement like this. Mercyful Fate or King Diamond would be announced many months in advance to generate publicity and ensure that all the tickets get sold.
    I'm not one who thinks that UMC is going to make some super mega announcement with the final 11 bands.
    UMC, please prove me wrong. :D

Oh and for the record, I'm actually quite pleased with the lineup that we have so far. (although I think the 2011 lineup was better)
    I think it would be the perfect BIG announcement. We really haven't had any BIG announcements yet in my mind.
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I'd say the big news is New Mercyful Fate album along with a Mercyful Fate tour playing 'Don't break the oath ' in it's entirety.

I've said before that I don't like albums being played in their entirety, but, on the ship, 1st gig, Melissa in its entirety, 2nd gig Don't braek the oath.....FINE!!!!!
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:31 am

KevinP wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:I do hope that we get some killer announcements in the final 11, but I won't complain if we don't get them. The event itself and the people who attend it are as much a part of the enjoyment of this thing as the bands that play the stages.

Agreed. My Dying Bride alone almost seals the entire deal for me. Throw on God Dethroned and Coroner and I'm happier than a Canadian rolling around some poutine gravy.

Plus I'm obviously looking forward to Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Nightwish, Virgin Steele and a few others. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow Kevin, I had no idea!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:36 am

KevinP wrote:

Plus I'm obviously looking forward to Atheist, Grave Digger, Moonsorrow, Overkill, Whiplash and a few others. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

we shall be at almost all of the same sets.... :deathhorns:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I'm gonna be sick of seeing you guys by the end of the cruise. Thankfully MDF isn't until the end of May!
    :P
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 am

Bentz! wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

I'm gonna be sick of seeing you guys by the end of the cruise. Thankfully MDF isn't until the end of May!

Pssh! you know you wont be sick of seeing me, nick and kev...we are awesome! :3drunks:

i'm pretty sure i won't be sick of seeing you guys walking around sticking out your tongues and making "the metal face" the whole time.... :deathhorns:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48 am

You're assuming that the gentle motion of the ocean doesn't lull Nick into hypersleep again.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:42 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Plus I'm obviously looking forward to Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Nightwish, Virgin Steele and a few others. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow Kevin, I had no idea!

Only in your weenie fantasies Image

:P :lol: :P

Bentz! wrote:You're assuming that the gentle motion of the ocean doesn't lull Nick into hypersleep again.

Meredith and Nick need to share a cabin. Sleeping and puking all in one place. (no shenanigans of course) :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Bentz! wrote:I'm gonna be sick of seeing you guys by the end of the cruise. Thankfully MDF isn't until the end of May!

Sucks that Mer has to wait that long for yours truly :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:You're assuming that the gentle motion of the ocean doesn't lull Nick into hypersleep again.

Meredith and Nick need to share a cabin. Sleeping and puking all in one place. (no shenanigans of course) :lol:

then nick would just come back to our cabin and have to :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: cuz mere is hot!
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 am

I say it would be awesome to see all the ships crew in King Diamond face paint for the hour or so
    he or M FATE are playing, as tribute.

:viking:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
  • Post Reply 41 posts