Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1
Lamb of God - Resolution
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

Lamb of God - Resolution

by rwalters » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:01 am

Low Quality version of album leaked out there.

I'm not sure how popular this band is on a board like this, but I'm a huge HUGE fan of the first three albums. These guys along with Shadows Fall and a few others saved American Metal for me in the early 2000s. Not sure if some are old enough to remember watching bands like Machine Head and Fear Factory destroy themselves and have nowhere other to turn but the Euro scene or stick with the older classics. Anyhow, I've seen Lamb of God on every album tour. I thought they were fucking done, but this album brings back the thrash / pummeling and I couldn't be happier. Groove isn't as prevalent. It's great that a band that sounds like this will sell as much as they are going to.

Best since Ashes. Fans won't be disappointed.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

Re: Lamb of God - Resolution

by EvilDan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:46 am

I personally don't care for the band, but more than that, I don't care for blythe, who has said he couldn't stand to be cooped up, surrounded, and constantly harassed by fans.

He doesn't deserve to be on the ship with an attitude like that.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:48 am

Shit band and wit an attitude like that they don't deserve fans ;)
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:53 am

I hate this band. Their music sucks mass ass and they band members themselves are ridiculous.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:36 am

I don't think the band should be on the cruise. Just wanted to talk about the new album.

Before they blew up, Blythe was incredibly cool with fans. He used to hang out at venues before shows all the time during the old days. When you get as big as they get, you kind of need to take a backseat to that stuff. It's cool when 10 fans approach you, I don't think anyone would like it when 1000 fans approach you in every city you play.

Like I said, I don't expect a strong reaction here. Underground metal fans generally hate all bands that blow up on a semi-mainstream level. Just the nature of the beast. Just wanted to discuss the new disc.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:12 pm

rwalters wrote:Best since Ashes.

I would hope so. They've sucked ever since. I'll give it a chance though. :|
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:33 pm

I'll give it a go. Though the last album I played a lot was "As the Palaces Burn" and "Ashes". The last two kinda flew by in a more pop sense. I thought the songs were good though not enough depth to give it repeat listens. Not bad, just didn't go back to them.

Being a Pantera fan they are the closest thing that capture what they did imo. As you already know, doubt you'll get a lot of love for them on this forum. When I think about recent metal bands that "made it" I think of LoG and now Opeth. They recently both sold out shows in my area which is great.

As for Randy being a dick, who knows. Maybe he is just an introvert (though fame doesn't cater to that). What I do know is Willy and Chris were at several shows at Jaxx (small club in VA) I went to and were chilling with everyone.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:44 am

rwalters wrote:Before they blew up, Blythe was incredibly cool with fans. He used to hang out at venues before shows all the time during the old days. When you get as big as they get, you kind of need to take a backseat to that stuff. It's cool when 10 fans approach you, I don't think anyone would like it when 1000 fans approach you in every city you play.

I can think of MANY people and bands that are far bigger that are far cooler with their fans. The difference seems to be between the amount of entitlement.

rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

I can think of MANY people and bands that are far bigger that are far cooler with their fans.

Like?

I also am somewhat baffled that Randy Blythe isn't fan friendly. I think the notion of that is crazy to begin with considering I've talked with the guy several times throughout the years.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:38 pm

I really don't understand how this band has become as popular as they are.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm

STACH100 wrote:I really don't understand how this band has become as popular as they are.

They aren't that popular.they are overhyped by magazines and themselves.
    Lamb of God are under the illusion that they are a much bigger metal band than they are.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:20 am

Willie Adler is a pretty cool dude. They're probably a lot bigger here in the states than anywhere else. :?
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:54 am

I like Lamb of God! Their sound is unique.

Playing devil's advocate here, maybe they had a bad experience with some werido fans at some point?
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 am

rwalters wrote:I can think of MANY people and bands that are far bigger that are far cooler with their fans.

Like?

I also am somewhat baffled that Randy Blythe isn't fan friendly. I think the notion of that is crazy to begin with considering I've talked with the guy several times throughout the years.

Dio and Dime easily come to mind, but I was also thinking of hockey players and other professions. While sports players tend to be more geographically restricted, they still have tens of millions of fans.

rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 am

Metalwrath wrote:They aren't that popular.they are overhyped by magazines and themselves.
    Lamb of God are under the illusion that they are a much bigger metal band than they are.

Outside of Metallica and Slipknot, they are the best selling metal band in the United States right now. Their new album will debut in the top 5 of the billboard charts..... just like their last one did.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:05 pm

rwalters wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:They aren't that popular.they are overhyped by magazines and themselves.

Outside of Metallica and Slipknot, they are the best selling metal band in the United States right now. Their new album will debut in the top 5 of the billboard charts..... just like their last one did.

Thats pretty strange alright.
    I don't think i've ever heard a European metalhead talk about them.Actually i don't think i've ever seen a Lamb of God tshirt either.The only time i ever heard of them was from a Metal hammer magazine a few years ago.I may be a bit out of the circuit of what the current metal trend bands are though.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Speaking of lamb of God apparently one of them is running for president.
    http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/15251 ... big-cheese

:roll:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    rwalters wrote:

I may be a bit out of the circuit of what the current metal trend bands are though.

This. But that's expected.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0589ViXt8

Seems like they are doing OK in Europe to me. I'll make sure to bring a Lamb of God shirt with me on the cruise since you don't see them. :lol:
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

High Quality version "out there" now.

They are back. Resolution fucking slams. I was so worried they've never be back and were doomed. Never expected them to release something this good again.

This will be the heaviest and most extreme album to ever hit the U.S. Billboard Top 5.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:10 pm

I will wait for the actual release like usual. Right now listening to many of the cruise bands. Ashes is my fave LOG album. Still doesn't get old. :shred:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 am

Metalwrath wrote:Speaking of lamb of God apparently one of them is running for president.

"I say exactly what I want, when I want to. If you don't
    like it, don't read this blog. I don't care if I hurt your
    feelings- I speak what only what I regard as the truth,
    and nothing else."

70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 am

pablov8 wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Speaking of lamb of God apparently one of them is running for president.

and nothing else."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:36 am

pablov8 wrote:

and nothing else."

:lol: Dude, I lol'd so hard.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 am

metalgoddess wrote:I like Lamb of God! Their sound is unique.

Playing devil's advocate here, maybe they had a bad experience with some werido fans at some point?

Im with ya Carrie!
    I have no problem listening to them at all.........this reminds me......theres a chirch down the street from my house nestled in the foothills that reads "LAMB OF GOD" in HUGE letters across the top of the church....I keep meaning to get a pic with it!....Erik: you know where Im talking about?
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1