Post Reply 42 posts
What's your most METAL moment?
  • IntoTheVoid
    Wiper

What's your most METAL moment?

by IntoTheVoid » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:14 am

As for me, I saw JUDAS PRIEST play in Yokohama, Japan. I was 2 rows away from the stage. After the band finished playing "You've Got Another Thing Coming" and people were cheering, Rob noticed me, came off the stage, shook my hand and said "thanks brother!" he probably did that because i was the tallest and only white guy he could see, haha! :shred:
    70K 2011-Survivor Cabin #2086
    70K 2012- :(
    BTH- Not Yet Booked

http://www.facebook.com/#!/edward.mountain666
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: What's your most METAL moment?

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:54 am

Marlo, myself and a few friends went to Banff for her birthday. Long story short, we burned a bible at a playground while listening to Amon Amarth. :mrgreen:

Dark Tranquillity on the first 70k was pretty cool too, Michael got right in my face and I could hear myself screaming into his microphone coming out of the speakers. Song was Misery's Crown I beleive. Similar thing happened with Jeff at Forbidden in Edmonton, Russ stuck the Microphone right in my face for the chorus of Omega Wave.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:08 am

Milwaukee Metalfest 2001...my band Somnus got a good time slot and had something like 2,000 people total watching us....but not just watching, the front half of the room was pumping their fists and yelling and really getting into it!

Never had an adrenaline rush like that. I was shaking so hard I could have burst out of my skin, but not with nerves, with the crowd's energy!!!!!!!!!!

Must be amazing to be in a popular group that can do something like this night after night. i only had a super awesome big crowd like that once, but it was completely mind-blowing and i'll never forget it. I can still close my eyes and picture myself on stage raising my fist and having a few hundred people in front of me doing that right back....wow. what an experience.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 am

^^^ cool replies all!

I can't narrow it down to a single momemt or even a single gig....but would have to say my most metal experience to date hands down was travelling to Norway last summer for....
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

WizardBeast wrote:Milwaukee Metalfest 2001...my band Somnus got a good time slot and had something like 2,000 people total watching us....but not just watching, the front half of the room was pumping their fists and yelling and really getting into it!

Never had an adrenaline rush like that. I was shaking so hard I could have burst out of my skin, but not with nerves, with the crowd's energy!!!!!!!!!!

Must be amazing to be in a popular group that can do something like this night after night. i only had a super awesome big crowd like that once, but it was completely mind-blowing and i'll never forget it. I can still close my eyes and picture myself on stage raising my fist and having a few hundred people in front of me doing that right back....wow. what an experience.

I got chills reading this haha.

My Eurotrip last summer was pretty metal too

-The catacombs in Paris (a cave where the walls are made of skulls and bones from those that died during the black plague).
    -Flying to Birmingham England to see Iron Maiden, the singer from Onslaught was sitting right next to me, so I got to chat with him for a bit.
    -Then that whole Wacken festival thing. Matt Barlow's last show with Iced Earth. Avantasia is a very rare treat to see live. Drank from my drinking horn all weekend.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 am

The topic actually got me wondering about what my most metal moment may be... I'm not sure if i could really nail anything down, but I'd say one of the closest evens may be that my first date ever consisted of wandering around a graveyard in the middle of the night, and the second date was very similar too. I know, not very exciting, but definitely pretty goth eh? :P
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:47 am

nekrobarr wrote:The topic actually got me wondering about what my most metal moment may be... I'm not sure if i could really nail anything down, but I'd say one of the closest evens may be that my first date ever consisted of wandering around a graveyard in the middle of the night, and the second date was very similar too. I know, not very exciting, but definitely pretty goth eh? :P

Can't find a live one to date might as well go grave robbin', eh? :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:05 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:The topic actually got me wondering about what my most metal moment may be... I'm not sure if i could really nail anything down, but I'd say one of the closest evens may be that my first date ever consisted of wandering around a graveyard in the middle of the night, and the second date was very similar too. I know, not very exciting, but definitely pretty goth eh? :P

YOU KNOW IT!!!!

Wait... aww... :cry:
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:21 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

YOU KNOW IT!!!!

Wait... aww... :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Amon Amarth, Vancouver 2010. The guitarist from 3 Inches of Blood and his twin brother were working the bar, I had flown out from Montreal so they supplied me with copious amounts of free jager shots that night. During "Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags" I ran into the pit, accidentally got hammered in the jaw by someone's elbow, instant K.O. I came to during the chorus and continued to rock out until my friends pulled me out, I realized shortly afterward that I had been hit so hard that my back teeth shattered against each other.
    ... so I did what any self-respecting metalhead would do... crushed a beer and ran back into the pit.

(dental bills were totally worth it.)

\m/
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Iron maiden 2008 tour in Calgary. I have been a fan club member for years and I lucked out for that show. About 30 of the fan club members were brought on stage during "Wasted Years". It was crazy being there in front of the sold out saddledome sharing a stage with those legends and getting to just go nuts for one of my favorite maiden songs
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:10 am

Samhain wrote:Amon Amarth, Vancouver 2010. The guitarist from 3 Inches of Blood and his twin brother were working the bar, I had flown out from Montreal so they supplied me with copious amounts of free jager shots that night. During "Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags" I ran into the pit, accidentally got hammered in the jaw by someone's elbow, instant K.O. I came to during the chorus and continued to rock out until my friends pulled me out, I realized shortly afterward that I had been hit so hard that my back teeth shattered against each other.
    ... so I did what any self-respecting metalhead would do... crushed a beer and ran back into the pit.

\m/

That's funny, because you kicked me in the face with your big boots when trying to crowd surf( I think at Nightwish at the Chorus line)

Still better than getting punched out and my glasses broken by a cranked out little fucker at the last Anvil show here!

:cheers:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:04 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:Iron maiden 2008 tour in Calgary. I have been a fan club member for years and I lucked out for that show. About 30 of the fan club members were brought on stage during "Wasted Years". It was crazy being there in front of the sold out saddledome sharing a stage with those legends and getting to just go nuts for one of my favorite maiden songs

Very nice !

I think one of my most "Metal" moments was on Graspop-Festival 2000 (Belgium) with Iron Maiden as headliner. Than also in 2000 the Pinkpop-Festival (Netherlands). There we saw Pearl Jam.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:42 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    Samhain wrote:Amon Amarth, Vancouver 2010. The guitarist from 3 Inches of Blood and his twin brother were working the bar, I had flown out from Montreal so they supplied me with copious amounts of free jager shots that night. During "Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags" I ran into the pit, accidentally got hammered in the jaw by someone's elbow, instant K.O. I came to during the chorus and continued to rock out until my friends pulled me out, I realized shortly afterward that I had been hit so hard that my back teeth shattered against each other.

\m/

That's funny, because you kicked me in the face with your big boots when trying to crowd surf( I think at Nightwish at the Chorus line)

Still better than getting punched out and my glasses broken by a cranked out little fucker at the last Anvil show here!

:cheers:

Its a financially woeful thing wearing glasses in the pit or really in the crowd at concerts at all. I have lost at least a few pairs to the pit over the years and on the cruise I scratched the shit out of my glasses when some crowd surfer knocked them off my head during cannibal corpse. Miraculously I found them on the floor but not without some nasty scratches.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 am

Damn crowd surfers! :bitch: I love nothing more than getting kicked in the back of the head while watching my favorite bands play. Good thing I don't wear glasses to metal shows or I would've lost a ton too.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 am

mooyagi wrote:Damn crowd surfers! :bitch: I love nothing more than getting kicked in the back of the head while watching my favorite bands play. Good thing I don't wear glasses to metal shows or I would've lost a ton too.

Unfortunately I must wear classes. But in the past it already works. :headbanger:

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:Iron maiden 2008 tour in Calgary. I have been a fan club member for years and I lucked out for that show. About 30 of the fan club members were brought on stage during "Wasted Years". It was crazy being there in front of the sold out saddledome sharing a stage with those legends and getting to just go nuts for one of my favorite maiden songs

Very nice! I was on the floor for that show. Absolutely unbeleivable.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Most metal moment was probably getting a rib smashed at a Big Day Out mosh in 1999... :headbanger:

I was a lot smaller and thinner back then so I really shouldn't have been that far in, but they didn't have much crowd control then and I was a wild teenager. Strict crowd control was brought in after the girl's death in 2001 during Limp Bizkit.
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:01 am

At a local gig I was almost at the front row and suddenly all the people came right to me, the guy in front of me kick my feet and took half of my toe nail right off, I continued in the pit jumping in one foot and with some blood in the other feet (that I notice when I took my shoe off at the end of the concert :lol: ) :bangers:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 am

pablov8 wrote:At a local gig I was almost at the front row and suddenly all the people came right to me, the guy in front of me kick my feet and took half of my toe nail right off, I continued in the pit jumping in one foot and with some blood in the other feet (that I notice when I took my shoe off at the end of the concert :lol: ) :bangers:

That sounds painful
    MissMiyoshi
    Crewman

by MissMiyoshi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:18 am

I'm not sure what qualifies as my most metal moment. I've had so many awesome things happen it's hard to pick just one.
    Alumni - 70K 2011, 70K 2012, 70K 2013
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:32 pm

One of my most metal moments (I guess) was at Ozzfest 2004, during Superjoint Ritual's set, Phil Anselmo called out myself and my buddy for flipping him off. He called us both "chicken shit pussies" and told us to meet him out in the parking lot so he could beat our fuckin' sissy asses. I don't think I've publicly laughed at someone harder in my entire life.
    Then 2 days later I jumped onstage, and he patted me on the back.

Being friends with bands is cool too. :ugeek: Escorting them around town and dining out while they're on tour really flips out your friends. :cool: Most of you know what I'm talking about. ;)
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:One of my most metal moments (I guess) was at Ozzfest 2004, during Superjoint Ritual's set, Phil Anselmo called out myself and my buddy for flipping him off. He called us both "chicken shit pussies" and told us to meet him out in the parking lot so he could beat our fuckin' sissy asses. I don't think I've publicly laughed at someone harder in my entire life.

Being friends with bands is cool too. :ugeek: Escorting them around town and dining out while they're on tour really flips out your friends. :cool: Most of you know what I'm talking about. ;)

So you didn't try to meet him in the parking lot? :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:One of my most metal moments (I guess) was at Ozzfest 2004, during Superjoint Ritual's set, Phil Anselmo called out myself and my buddy for flipping him off. He called us both "chicken shit pussies" and told us to meet him out in the parking lot so he could beat our fuckin' sissy asses. I don't think I've publicly laughed at someone harder in my entire life.

So you didn't try to meet him in the parking lot? :lol:

i SOOOO wish i could find that pic of my mom and Phil Anselmo arguing about black metal! it's hilarious!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:49 am

We seriously tried Kate! But I wasn't going to miss Dimmu, Slayer, Priest, and Sabbath to go get in a fight. He knew where we were sitting at, if he was serious, he would've jumped down right then and there. Plus, he recognized us and that's why he said it. He was just talking shit as usual. We both thought it was fucking hilarious. :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Magne
    Oiler

by Magne » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:46 am

Many
    But lately, is to stand next to the "majesty of the seas". knowing that this 70000 tons of metal, had 2000 metal heads on board

:bangers:
    2012 70K Survived
    2012 BTH Survived
    2013 70K Survived
    2014 70K Survived
    2015 70K Survived
    2016 70K Survived
    2017 70K Survived
    2018 70K Survived
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:We seriously tried Kate! But I wasn't going to miss Dimmu, Slayer, Priest, and Sabbath to go get in a fight. He knew where we were sitting at, if he was serious, he would've jumped down right then and there. Plus, he recognized us and that's why he said it. He was just talking shit as usual. We both thought it was fucking hilarious. :lol:

It would have been awesome to see. Especially if you all did it in mud! :wank: :lol:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:52 pm

jodionline wrote: Than also in 2000 the Pinkpop-Festival (Netherlands). There we saw Pearl Jam.

Than we have been in the same crowd. :shred:

It's hard to pick up one most metal moment but I think it's the 2008 trip from London to Trondheim on flight AEU 666 with Bruce Dickinson as captain. The gig itself was awesome and we had a crazy middle of the night Trondheim aiport chat with Bruce.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 am

March 2010 When I celebrating my 25th years anniversary we won a competition hosted by Sweden Rock Magazine that Sabaton will play at your house. So me and my girlfriend + 25 friends had a private show with mighty Sabaton with helloads of drinking and fun stuff. Was also covered in Sweden Rock magazine in May 18 pages about the metal insanity we and Sabaton pulled of.

That was the best birthday ever and most metal moment ever.

Then you have 70k 2 times and the 3rd coming straight up =)
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:33 am

Mal2000 wrote:It's hard to pick up one most metal moment but I think it's the 2008 trip from London to Trondheim on flight AEU 666 with Bruce Dickinson as captain. The gig itself was awesome and we had a crazy middle of the night Trondheim aiport chat with Bruce.

Wow !

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:16 pm

I was in the pit during Ozzfest 2002 and my buddy pushed me and I went down hands first into the gravel ground... my right hand got all scraped up and was bleeding, so I went to the first aid tent. They were all out of band aids and shit from people getting messed up in the pits throughout the day, so they wrapped my hand in plastic wrap... well later on I stood in line to meet Down and when it came time to shake Phil Anselmo's hand, I accidentally reached out with my right hand and before I could react, Phil shook my hand really fucking strongly and I winced. Phil was pretty fucked up looking so I don't think he even noticed I had winced or that he shook a hand covered in plastic wrap. lol

One of my most metal moments was when I was thrashing and head banging in the front row right in front of Jensen (guitarist) at a The Haunted show on the One Kill Wonder tour and he personally threw his guitar pick to me at the end of the set. :death:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Magne wrote: is to stand next to the "majesty of the seas". knowing that this 70000 tons of metal, had 2000 metal heads on board

Hell yeah. You are so right :bangers:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    Liquid
    Wiper

by Liquid » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 am

Very easy..... at the barrier for Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back In Time tour in Vancouver's Pacific Colisseum..... nuff said. :deathhorns:
    70K2013 Survivor cabin 9040.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:11 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    Magne wrote: is to stand next to the "majesty of the seas". knowing that this 70000 tons of metal, had 2000 metal heads on board

Hell yeah. You are so right :bangers:

That's right. Hopefully :beerbang:

alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm

My most recent injury at a metal show was Turisas/Arkona/Alestorm in Minneapolis...during Nancy the Tavern Wench (a fucking BALLAD), a huge guy flew backwards into the bridge of my nose, breaking it and parts of my front teeth. Got the teeth repaired the next week, still waiting on the nose. It's not noticeable unless you're looking, but it makes a difference for hard running.

In general...I don't even know. There are too many to choose :headbanger:

Edit: oh wait, one clearly stands out...at Metalcamp 2010 I broke my patella hydrospeeding (I found out when it was too late to turn back that it was just a term for swimming down rapids wearing a helmet and kneepads...still broke it). Turns out the week before that a guy broke his back, maybe they could've mentioned that before we went down, haha. Anyways, the doctor did his thing (writing my address as "Metalcamp" on the scrip, no less), and I went into the pit for Eluveitie flailing a crutch around. Also got Finntroll to sign the x-ray (got it done at an Italian hospital the day after)
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 pm

SatansWrath wrote:March 2010 When I celebrating my 25th years anniversary we won a competition hosted by Sweden Rock Magazine that Sabaton will play at your house. So me and my girlfriend + 25 friends had a private show with mighty Sabaton with helloads of drinking and fun stuff. Was also covered in Sweden Rock magazine in May 18 pages about the metal insanity we and Sabaton pulled of.

That was the best birthday ever and most metal moment ever.

Then you have 70k 2 times and the 3rd coming straight up =)

This wins. Awesome, awesome.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:05 am

My most metal moment by far, is coming SOON on the Barge To Hell. A few of you know what I'm talking about. :death:

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:27 am

Here's a moment that comes to mind...

Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:38 am

The other day I was jamming with the other guitarist in my band to The Trooper and on the last note of the solo I bent the string so hard I broke it. That was pretty fucking metal.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Aprin 2011, I was one of the Dr Steins invited to join Helloween onstage during (obviously) Dr. Stein. Helloween was my favorite band for about 10 years, and I still like them a lot, so it was a pretty awesome moment. I'm hoping 70K will also be one of my "most metal" experiences!!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
Post Reply 42 posts