Post Reply 79 posts
RIP Paul Gray (Slipknot)
    Maddy77
    Crewman
    Location: Vienna now, of German origin (No! I don't want Hasselhoff) and one foot in The Netherlands :)

RIP Paul Gray (Slipknot)

by Maddy77 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Oh, come ooooon...do they need a fucking band upstairs??? First Steele, then Dio, now this...

http://www.examiner.com/x-6316-Des-Moin ... dead-at-38
    Headbanging on Deck 4
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: RIP Paul Gray (Slipknot)

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Horrible Horrible band.

But that aside, RIP
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon May 24, 2010 3:32 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Horrible Horrible band.

But that aside, RIP

I'll be waiting for the toxicology report before calling this one tragic;

Sorry, but self destruction isn't tragic, just stupid and weak...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon May 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

But that aside, RIP

I agree. If he was in a motel room in his hometown he was doing something he could'nt do in front of his wife and kids.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 24, 2010 4:40 pm

pathetic. as were so many before him, cobain, moon, bonham, jones, hendrix, joplin.

not to mention the celebrity deaths that are so pathetic, river phoenix, michael jackson, etc.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Maddy77
    Crewman
    Location: Vienna now, of German origin (No! I don't want Hasselhoff) and one foot in The Netherlands :)

by Maddy77 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

But that aside, RIP

I agree. It is however tragic for wife and kids and I think they have one on the way.
    Headbanging on Deck 4
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 am

I feel sorry for his family.
    That aside hopefully something good comes out of this and Slipknot disband.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue May 25, 2010 5:42 am

I have zero love for his band, but this is terrible for his wife and kid(s). If this was in fact an OD, then he gets no sympathy from me.

The location and circumstances of his death lean heavily in that direction so far. We shall all know soon enough.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am

Totally tasteless, but stolen from one of my buddies on facebook..

Slapnuts' bass player can now tune his bass to D-E-A-D
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 am

viathyn wrote:Totally tasteless, but stolen from one of my buddies on facebook..

OUCH.....
    I too....am not a slipknot fan....
    My sympathy's do not go out to someone so self destructive...
    only to the wife, kids and unborn child he so selfishly created and left behind...
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 pm

I don't want to get into a whole philosophical debate, but I don't see anything wrong with having sympathy for someone who is "self" destructive. Why would you not feel bad for someone who is unable to control their urges, especially when it comes to drugs and alcohol (which is self inflicting, not out murdering/raping people).

I don't have the drinking/drug vice at all (nor does anyone in my family), so it's really out of the scope of my comprehension when it comes to abusing those sorts of substances. But I do find it sad and tragic that someone has these demons they can't control or they fall prey to. I feel damn lucky that I never went or had the chance to go down that path. Yes, it was a choice they made and they have to deal/live/die with the consequences.

But as a human being I think it's waaaaay to judgmental to immediately say "no sympathy for someone like this" when none of us know the circumstances or ordeals they went through.

On another note, I never understood the popularity of Slipkont or how it came to be. But I wasn't a hater, as there are far worse bands. At a bare minimum at least some of the members have some "cred" with musicians in the extreme music scene. I understand the "hate", they are popular and Hot Topic, but wasn't enough for me to have any venom.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Tue May 25, 2010 4:19 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Totally tasteless, but stolen from one of my buddies on facebook..

OUCH.....
    I too....am not a slipknot fan....
    My sympathy's do not go out to someone so self destructive...
    only to the wife, kids and unborn child he so selfishly created and left behind...

um ouch!
    I disagree. where's the disagree button?

RE: Slipknot not a fan but have seen them live and will say it was a fun show with many enthusiastic fans.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Since I was one of those that expressed not having sympathy, for certain reasons, this seems directed at me. So here are some of my thoughts...

To be honest Kevin, I really don't give a shit what circumstances led him to be alone in a hotel room near where he lives, with his history of drug abuse. Maybe if he had any ounce of self respect and will power, then maybe he would have considered that he had a child on the way and that being a junkie is no way to be a parent. If that be the case, then maybe the kid is better off. This of course is going by the assumption that he was shooting up or whatever. For that, I have no sympathy for him (his wife however, I do). Call me judgmental for it if you like, but frankly I don't care. I've been called worse.

I would think that you as a parent would understand that no child should have to deal with that kind of bullshit.

HOWEVER, if in the end drugs had nothing to do with it and he died of an embolism, heart attack or some such thing, then I might consider it tragic. This of course would still leave the question, why was he alone in that hotel? Or was he?

I reserve my final verdict for when they determine how he died.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed May 26, 2010 12:48 am

***NO - This isn't the act of another spambot with auto-type syndrome! If ya don't have time for a long read, skip to next post! :twisted: ***

With few exceptions, I pretty much always tend to lean towards the open-minded, non-judgmental approach to anything where I have no way of knowing all the finer details. Or at least I try.

If we look at these three deaths this week, all 3 have incredibly different story lines yet, what they have in common is that we're discussing them together here because they lived lives that took them into the public eye.

No doubt, in any given, recent day or week, the world lost a different 67 year old man to stomach cancer, a different 80 year old woman to some other form of cancer and more than a couple 38 year old, soon to be fathers to drug overdose (assuming speculations are accurate). But, because their lives took different paths, their will be no public outpourings of grief and loss or bitterness and condemnation. That doesn't mean these anonymous three were any less deserving of our praise or our disdain. Maybe the older guy was a retired fire fighter who'd been quietly heroic all his years, the woman a kind and loving mother who fashioned her children to be decent and generous adults... And maybe the addict spent his sober hours selfishly stealing from and hurting others, never creating anything of value or taking a moment to think of anyone else. But because we didn't know of them or their lives, there are likely no internet threads devoted to the ways they lived or died.

So then, those who manage to do something, anything, that elevates their notoriety to the point where their death makes some sort of national headline, are destined to not only live, but die in the proverbial fish bowl and have their brief time here scrutinized by countless individuals who, for the most part at least, never met them. Such are the pitfalls of fame.

When it comes to the various social, political, religious and musical topics wrapped up in these various discussions, to some extent or another, we all have different views. Sure, we all tend to agree on all counts in the Dio thread because this is a metal forum and he was who he was, to us. But don't doubt for a second that there aren't threads on other themed boards out there where his life and death are being discussed without quite so much reverence and respect as are given here. We all reacted, not in surprise of course, but in disgust at the news that there were individuals and even groups out there that would consider disrespecting the memorial of one of our idols because of their twisted views. The issues for us regarding the great RJD are quite simply black and white and easy for us to instinctively know which side we're on without a second thought. But not EVERYONE out there sympathizes with our loss.

Same thing with Debbie Abono. To the best of our limited knowledge of her and her life, she didn't mistreat those around her and put most of her energy into helping various Bay area bands to work towards successful careers. She seems in all respects the image of the kind-hearted older lady who found her way to the world of metal and left behind a touching legacy. But I'm sure many of her generational peers hated the music and the industry she became involved in and will say that her energies were wasted in vain.

We're all familiar with the old saying about opinions being like buttholes...

Both Ronnie and Debbie died of cancer. Except for some cases of smokers who never quit and then eventually succumb to lung cancer, we just don't BLAME people when they die of cancer. It's an illness that people fall victim to.

Then there's Mr. Gray. Here's what little I know to be "true" about him (with some opinion splashed in for good measure):

38 years old. Played bass in a band whose music I didn't enjoy. Part of a band that contributed to a trendy side of the genre that I not only have little respect for but sort of resent for representing metal in general in a way that I'd prefer not to be associated with. He was in an MVA 7 years ago and, along with marijuana and drug paraphernalia, cocaine was one of the things discovered in his car. From all accounts I can track down, that was his only substance abuse related mishap he'd been involved in publicly. He did his time and had apparently turned things around (Rolling Stone magazine). He'd been married for 2 years and his wife was pregnant with their first child. He'd apparently been a guest for some time at the hotel where he was found dead as staff were quoted as calling him a quiet and respectful guest. His band mates spoke of him as being the friendly guy in the band that tried to focus things and keep others calm when there was conflict. The cause and circumstances of his death aren't currently known to us but, for some reason(s), there is much speculation that he died as a result of drug use. And it seems that many people who did not know him are more than happy to condemn him, his life, music and his death as if they knew him intimately as more or less a piece of shit.

But, while certainly no Ronnie James Dio or Debbie Abono, there doesn't seem to be much out there to indicate he was the kind of guy who led a life of hellbent self-destruction or considered his wife and unborn child as unimportant or that he was putting a junkie lifestyle ahead of their well-being. It may very well turn out that he overdosed or that he was staying at the hotel because he was cheating on his wife with some neo-nazi, country western cult member with a penchant for mutually induced auto-asphyxiation using bass guitar strings. It's just as likely that he was staying at the hotel because of marital problems of some sort and that his death was health related. Who knows? I can tell you one thing for sure. If my life were filmed for all to see, there would be countless scenes that would make ya cringe and leave ya with little choice but to judge me pretty harshly. Hopefully, there would be equally as many scenes that would make ya cheer and hope for the best possible outcome for all involved. Thankfully for us all, that movie will never be made. I suspect the same is close to true for most of you as well.

I really don't mean this as a shot at the members that trashed the guy in this thread. I just found myself having a reaction to it and wanted to add my thoughts to the conversation. I don't expect ya to agree with all or any of what I think. I just found it sorta sucking that this thread started out with some remorse and members saying R.I.P. but then quickly spiraled into a series of speculations and accusations about a guy who will never have the chance to defend himself or his choices. Anything but letting him rest in peace y'know? Sure, there's all kinds of room for us to debate the sociological ramifications of drug abuse and whether our positions fall more on the side of blaming the addict or lean towards seeking some kind of compassionate understanding. My personal beliefs tend to sway back and forth and I work in the field of helping people with these kinds of factors in their history so, for me, I doubt there's really a simple concrete truth to be found on the matter. The bottom line, in my opinion at least, is that we're all pretty much just mortal beings doing our best to get by while we're here while trying to enjoy ourselves and each other as much as possible without causing too much grief to others along the way. I doubt Paul was much different.

Sorry for the huge read haha... Work's slow :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 26, 2010 4:07 am

Captain Metal wrote:Since I was one of those that expressed not having sympathy, for certain reasons, this seems directed at me. So here are some of my thoughts...

To be honest Kevin, I really don't give a shit what circumstances led him to be alone in a hotel room near where he lives, with his history of drug abuse. Maybe if he had any ounce of self respect and will power, then maybe he would have considered that he had a child on the way and that being a junkie is no way to be a parent. If that be the case, then maybe the kid is better off. This of course is going by the assumption that he was shooting up or whatever. For that, I have no sympathy for him (his wife however, I do). Call me judgmental for it if you like, but frankly I don't care. I've been called worse.

I would think that you as a parent would understand that no child should have to deal with that kind of bullshit.

HOWEVER, if in the end drugs had nothing to do with it and he died of an embolism, heart attack or some such thing, then I might consider it tragic. This of course would still leave the question, why was he alone in that hotel? Or was he?

I reserve my final verdict for when they determine how he died.

Cap, it wasn't directed or you or anyone specific, just "in general". Everyone has a right to their own opinions and judgments. I just share Slayers viewpoint of "we're all human beings, everyone has different challenges in life, I don't know what issues or things someone who abuses drugs has to deal with, so who am I to judge." I feel lucky that I don't have issues with substances and it's a shame that ANYONE does. Just because someone makes bad choices or has no willpower or does stupid things (that are self inflicting) doesn't qualify them as a "bad person" IMNSHO.

How do we know what type of "brain chemistry" or makeup someone is born with? Do I know what environmental factors determined and shaped this person ? Some people are just not equipped as most of us are (and unfortunate as it may seem) to resist alot of these destructive urges. My daughter was born with developmental delays, anxiety, etc. She's 6 years old and needs to take anti seizure medication. She could not control something like this (she was born this way), so is behind the 8 ball when it comes to alot of things that all of us take for granted (reacting normal to many situations and people, not getting upset, etc.). She was not granted alot of the basic "coping" genes that most people have.

People are very quick to cast scorn at those who die of alcohol and drugs (especially in a band they don't like). But people who live unhealthy lives and smoke, talk on a cell phone for 20 hours a day or are overweight are not subject to this judgment. All of those lifestyle decisions are just as destructive, but society has decided you can "empathize" on those issues.

The long and short of it is that someone died, which is always tragic at such a young age. Nothing more, nothing less.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 am

Well written Rob.

Please check out my band

• sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Wed May 26, 2010 8:47 am

Whether you like the band or not its still a life lost. Due to drugs or natural causes it s still a father gone, a brother gone, a friend gone, a husband gone from this earth way too early. Be respectful of that. Unless you live in those persons shoes you dont know what issues or hardships they had in their life. People all deal in different ways. Life should be respected so should death. Dont take it forgranted and live it to the fullest everyday... you dont know what tomorrow will bring. ALL my respect and love goes to Paul Gray and his family.. RIP....

Oh and if it wasnt sad enough.. his wife was pregnant......
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed May 26, 2010 1:27 pm

ok damnit I hate it when I have to call MYSELF out for being hypocritical, but Rob or Kevin surely would at some point. Over in my "Favorite Dead Comedian" thread I gave Mitch Hedberg (bigtime user and speedball OD "victim") a RIP. So in fairness, I guess I can give Paul Gray the same. So...

RIP Paul Gray.

Freakin Rob the philosophizer, I get carpal tunnel just from reading your posts man... :roll: :lol: :beerwink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Disaster Area wrote:ok damnit I hate it when I have to call MYSELF out for being hypocritical, but Rob or Kevin surely would at some point.

Morality Police on high patrol this past week. Maybe I'll be accepted into the ranks as a Canadian Mounty. :lol:

I think it's all the Red Dead Redemption we've been playing though.

:death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed May 26, 2010 3:22 pm

I understand what everyone is saying. This is leaning towards the fact that he was a fucking druggie/dopehead/junkie

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=140717

2 kids with one on the way and was due in September.

Like KevinP said I do not have the drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk and I fall down. I experimented with drugs when I was growing up. But did not like them. (Never tried heroin or would NEVER "shoot up with a needle).

I find that a very weak individual like Layne Stayley to succumb to drugs and let it consume you and take your life. But its a choice that they made and I think its a very poor choice

And on the other hand. I was really hoping that this was natural causes because Slapnuts are super popular with the mall kids from all walks of life. The Maggot crew had a large population. They looked up to them. Wanted to be like them. I saw some kids even dressing like them, esp for Halloween. So now if it comes out he was wasted on narcotic drugs, who knows how some of the more troubled kids, some just entering their puberty and teen years will handle the death of one of their icon's
    CsarG
    Oiler

by CsarG » Wed May 26, 2010 3:40 pm

I don't think the reason why he people dies is really important for what they where or what impact should have their death. Maybe he actually was responsible of his own death but who gives a shit. Even cancer can be caused by normal habbits and it can be avoided in many cases. And being avoided and not doing anything makes us responsible of it. Im not saying it's always that way, cause there are so many variables in those kind of deseases.

Using as example Peter Steele, he died cause he had a heart desease, but he used to be drug addict and he used to take lots of anti-depressives. But yet that doesn't stain how important he and his band was for the genre.

Anyway, even if Gray was guilty of dying 'cause being an addict, that doesn't make him a lame person. It was his decision and everyone at this rate including him knows what are the consecuences about consuming that shit. I've never liked drugs but I think the music wouldn't have been the same without it.

Many epic musicians have died cause drugs, alcohol or lung cancer; being addicts is part of their personality and part of their creativity is born thanks to that. Maybe they still could be good without them, but one thing for sure, it wouldn't be the same.

I know most of the people here don't like Slipknot, I never liked them neither. The only thing I know is that his band actually was really important for Metal in many places. I know its different in every country but I can say that in a place where you were not use to this genre Slipknot , as many "comercial and popular" bands, was one of those first bands who opened the eyes of many guys who nowatdays like heavy metal. Even if they don't like that band anymore. He really left his footprint in this world.

The important thing here is what we do in life and what impact it has in others and in yourself.

R.I.P Paul Gray This Friday goes a beer in your name :heavydrink:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Wed May 26, 2010 3:57 pm

And there you go. Considering his history, this really did seem like the obvious conclusion. Again,the thing that's sad is the fact that he couldn't get his shit together for the sake of his family and this is the result. Now his wife has to bear the weight of this.

I've dealt with a few addicts of different types in my time and I know how frustrating it can be to not really be able to do anything. It really comes down to the person themselves and their ability to control their self destructive urges. Some have the inner strength to do so and some, like Paul, do not. This, is the lesson and legacy he leaves behind for others to learn...if they bother to pay attention.
    CsarG
    Oiler

by CsarG » Wed May 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeah well , excesively consuming any substance, thing, even persons or actions, (anything) drives you to nothing good (Except metal of course :death: ) I've always thought that is better to taste and consume all you can and want than never doing it and live with the concern about how does it feels. But there is always a limit for everything (but metal :shred: ) :/
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 am

I've heard the call that was made to the police.It's been put up online.
    Found in the room with a needle on the floor and loads of tablets.
    Selfish scumbag.Can't believe someobody would do that to their wife and kids.
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Fri May 28, 2010 10:08 am

You guys have really never known anyone that was an addict? Its not something you "do" TO anyone.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 28, 2010 10:53 am

vainglory wrote:You guys have really never known anyone that was an addict? Its not something you "do" TO anyone.

I pretty much doubt there's anyone here who hasn't KNOWN an addict (or ten or a hundred or more). It's just different opinions and perspectives. Some sympathies lay with the addict, some with those impacted by the addict's behaviour and others with everyone concerned. Those more inclined to judge and blame probably have beliefs about addiction that lean towards it all being a matter of willpower and mental fortitude. They see the drunk or junkie as being weak or just unwilling to change. You have to admit, if they're right, it does present a pretty pathetic picture of a rather selfish individual. Using that model, the shit that addicts do really is something they DO TO themselves and others. Just because you sympathize with the addict, don't kid yourself. There's really no model that absolves them of ALL responsibility. Only the very, very young and/or extremely abused and tormented victim-turned-addict gets to play that card.

Those who see it as simply tragic for all concerned probably see the addicts' plight more as a result of some combination of nature and nurture etc. They recognize that the behaviours suck and know that most will die as a direct or indirect result of their drinking/drugging, but they also apply some compassion to the possibility (frequently true) that the addict was likely raised in some fucked up home and/or was biologically predisposed to become addicted due to one or both parents having been so as well. They tend to agree that these things commonly run in families and that breaking cycles of addiction and abuse are far more difficult than what the willpower folk would suggest. In my opinion, those of us who subscribe to this school of thought sometimes make the mistake of making too many excuses for the addict and their actions. It's one thing to understand the WHY of something and have compassion for the afflicted person's past. It's another thing entirely to allow our sympathy and empathy to completely write off the individual's responsibility to at least be working towards being a better person to themselves and others. Just because I feel for Mr. Gray's situation and the fact he succumbed to his demons in the end, I can't help but think, "You fucking dumb fuck. What were you thinking?"

Looking at Paul Gray's situation under a microscope like this without all the details continues to seem fruitless to me as I still know too little. Was he involved in therapy or recovery of any kind? Was this something he did every week and it just went wrong this once? Did he have some personal shit go real bad recently and just made a big mistake for the first time in many years? I have no clue. In the end, does it or should it even matter to those of us here? It's really just his family and friends who now have to move on in the light of whatever the recent truth of his life really was.

I guarantee you that you'll never see all parties here or, likely, anywhere else come to a consensus around it all. It's just a fucked up situation (addictions in general that is) that leaves all kinds of devastation in it's wake no matter which philosophy you embrace. I've seen some down and out, total skid row waste cases turn it all around and I've seen people with seemingly absolutely everything going for themselves string themselves up in their basement because they just couldn't seem to wrap their heads around sobriety and knew they were tormenting those who loved and cared about them.

I really wouldn't lose any sleep over the fact that some here seem cold and callous about it while you yourself have more of an empathetic view. In truth, no one's really right or wrong about it. It's a completely baffling condition that elicits all kinds of strong reactions from people because, on some level at least I think, we're all affected by it and it touches countless lives in some very profound and fucked up ways.

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri May 28, 2010 1:13 pm

jeezus! someone please send Rob a diary and a couple wrist braces. F'ing typoholic word junkie! I am going highschool English lit on your ass and only reading the first and last sentences from now on! :mrgreen:

:givebeer: damnit

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Disaster Area wrote:jeezus! someone please send Rob a diary and a couple wrist braces. F'ing typoholic word junkie! I am going highschool English lit on your ass and only reading the first and last sentences from now on! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, I give it right back to him when we talk over Xbox Live and I ramble on and on and on. He barely get a word in edge wise, so he needs to get everything out of his system on this board.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 28, 2010 2:15 pm

haha... Nah, I'm as bad with talking as I am with writing if ya get me started with the right (wrong?) topic :lol:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:haha... Nah, I'm as bad with talking as I am with writing if ya get me started with the right (wrong?) topic :lol:

which takes us back to the earplug discussion from several weeks ago... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:haha... Nah, I'm as bad with talking as I am with writing if ya get me started with the right (wrong?) topic :lol:

which takes us back to the earplug discussion from several weeks ago... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The circle of life, um posts :mrgreen:

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 pm

hey, whatever happened to grimmy82? One of you pervs kidnapped her and have her chained up in the basement, I just know it. That would be VERY metal :viking:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 28, 2010 3:02 pm

You have to stop throwing smileys way down at the end of yor psts. This is the 2nd one in a row that I've replied into the middle of your quote.

Why the board accepted that I'm not sure. I'm too lazy to edit this one, but I did edit another one a few minutes ago
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri May 28, 2010 3:07 pm

KevinP wrote:You have to stop throwing smileys way down at the end of yor psts. This is the 2nd one in a row that I've replied into the middle of your quote.

Why the board accepted that I'm not sure. I'm too lazy to edit this one, but I did edit another one a few minutes ago

I do it just to make you look like a noob wiper. :lol:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon May 31, 2010 9:42 am

Disaster Area wrote:hey, whatever happened to grimmy82? One of you pervs kidnapped her and have her chained up in the basement, I just know it. That would be VERY metal :viking:

Oh yeah she fucked right off once people started making fun of her..
    :trashdrink:

Please check out my band

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon May 31, 2010 10:23 am

But why? She just wanted to show Shoreslayer her goodies. Goddamn cock blockers :lol:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon May 31, 2010 10:27 am

Captain Metal wrote:But why? She just wanted to show Shoreslayer her goodies. Goddamn cock blockers :lol:

I am thinking she was wet for the Adam Blaze kid. I am also thinking she was a bit of an attention "seeker"... :beerwink:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon May 31, 2010 10:33 am

I creeped her on fbook.

She has kids named Buddy, Tigger, and Jack Daniels.

:roll:

Please check out my band

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon May 31, 2010 10:34 am

Captain Metal wrote:But why? She just wanted to show Shoreslayer her goodies. Goddamn cock blockers :lol:

I'll send Rob my condolences haha

Please check out my band

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon May 31, 2010 10:42 am

True enough. I did forget about Adam. Still, if she decides to come back, let the drilling begin ;)

Is she for real with those kids names? Buddy you can get away with, but Tigger? That kid is gonna hate her later.

And Jack Daniels? Lush-O-Rama

Why not Jim Beam or Captain Morgan while you're at it? You can teach the kid that nifty Capt. Morgan pose for show and tell :lol:

Of course no kids name is worse then Pilot Inspektor (compliments of actor Jason Lee)
  • Post Reply 79 posts