Post Reply 33 posts Page 1 of 1
Decibel Magazine - Top 100 Death Metal Albums
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

Decibel Magazine - Top 100 Death Metal Albums

by BehnWilson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Just got my issue in the mail the special issue. I love reading these things, Im not one of those who get bent out of shape if I disagree with the rankings since they are opinion only, unless the complete list is a joke then I rip on it. The magazine is a great read, I highly recomend purchasing it, you can order it on their website which is where I got it. I love these type of best of lists. I also have a Terrorizer Magazine Top 100 Thrash album at home which I also love.

I like they picked a solid top 10 (I think Cryptopsy at #10 is too high though) and they didnt try to generate controversy by making obscure picks. They did well and definitely got IMO the definitive # 1 right, though I would have put Death's Scream Bloody Gore at #2, too me this and Altars of Madness are the two definitive albums of the genre.

Dont want to nitpick but even though I was glad to see personal favorite Master included in the Top 100, their self titled album was ranked #100, I dont know how that one wasnt ranked higher.

Top 30 per Decibel Magazine:
    1.Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
    2.Carcass - Descanting the Insalubrious
    3.Death - Human
    4.Entombed - Left Hand Path
    5.Autopsy - Mental Funeral
    6.Death - Leprosy
    7.At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
    8.Morbid Angel - Covenant
    9.Repulsion - Horrified
    10.Cryptopsy - None So Vile

11.Obituary - Cause Of Death
    12.Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos
    13.Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream
    14.Carcass - Heartwork
    15.Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated
    16.Possessed - Seven Churches
    17.Suffocation - Effigy Of The Forgotten
    18.Nile - Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka
    19.Obituary - Slowly We Rot
    20.Atheist - Unquestinable Presence
    21.Death - Scream Bloody Gore
    22.Carcass - Symphonies Of Sickness
    23.Napalm Death - Harmony Corruption
    24.Autopsy - Severed Survival
    25.Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
    26.Deicide - Deicide
    27.Dissection - Storm Of The Light's Bane
    28.Incantation - Onward To Golgotha
    29.Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
    30.Pestilence - Consulming Impulse
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 am, edited 7 times in total.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

Re: Decibel Magazine - Top 100 Death Metal Albums

by BehnWilson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:00 pm

31-60:
    31.Cynic - Focus
    32.Bolt Thrower - War Master
    33.Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition
    34.Disembowlment - Transcendence Into The Epripheal
    35.Opeth - Orchid
    36.Dissection - The Somberlain
    37.Death - Symbolic
    38.Unleashed - Where No Life Dwells
    39.In Flames - The jester Race
    40.Deicide - Legion

41.Entombed - Clandestine
    42.Asphyx - The Rack
    43. Unanimated - Ancient God Of Evil
    44.The Crown - Deathrace King
    45.Grave - Into The Grave
    46.Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand lakes
    47.Immolation - Dawn Of Possession
    48.Akercoke - Words That go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
    49.Demigod - Slumber Of The Eyes
    50.Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt

51.Convulse - World Without God
    52.Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments
    54.Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
    55.Death - Sritual Healiong
    56.Deceased - Fearless Undead Machine
    57.Hate Eternal - I, Monarch
    58.Massacre - From Beyond
    59.Pestilence - Testimony of The Ancients
    60.Tiamat - The Astral Sleep
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:18 pm

61-80:
    61.God Macabre - the Winterlong
    62.Suffocation - Pierced From Within
    63.Gorguts - Obscura
    64.Ripping Corpse - Dreaming With The dead
    65.Carnage - Dark Recollections
    66.Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
    67.My Dying Bride - As the Flower Withers
    68.Decrepit Birth - Diminishing between Worlds
    69.Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
    70.Sepultura -Schizophrenia

71.At The Gates - The Red In The Sky IS Ours
    72.Repugnant - Epitome Of Darkness
    73.Necrophagist - Onset Of Putrefication
    74.Morbid Angel - Formulas Fatal To The Flesh
    75.Disharmoni Orchestra - Not To Be Undimensional Conscious
    76.Vader - De Profundis
    77.Cannibal Corpse - Kill
    78.Obscura - Omnivium
    79.Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
    80.Demilich - Nespithe
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

81-100:
    81. Incantation - Diabolical Request
    82.Nile - In Their Darkened Shrine
    83.Entombed - Wolverine Blues
    84.Immolation - Unholy Cult
    85.Origin - Antithesis
    86.Pan-Thy-Monium - Khaooohs
    87.Nocturnus - The Key
    88.Nuclear Death - Bride of Insect
    89.Bloodbath - Nightmare Made Flesh
    90.Edge of Sanity - Crimson

91.Exhumed - All Guts, No Glory
    92.Opeth - Blackwater Park
    93.The Crown - Crowned In Terror
    94.Paradise Lost - Lost Paradise
    95.Decapitated - Wind Of Creation
    96.Bolt Thrower - For Victory
    97.Pungent Stench - Been Caught Buttering
    98.Hate Eternal - Phoenix Among the Ashes
    99.Portal - Outre
    100.Master - Master

Got on a roll, figured Id type the whole list. I own about 80% of them, going to check out all the ones dont have except Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride which just arent my taste.
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 pm

I own 4 of them.

WELP. . .
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm surprised I like 1/4 of them
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Didnt feel like going thru whole list but these are the only ones I dont have out of the Top 60.

46.Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand Lakes
    50.Arsis - A Celibration of Guilt
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:44 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Didnt feel like going thru whole list but these are the only ones I dont have out of the Top 60.

46.Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand lakes (was already planning on ordering this one)

that Arsis cd is incredible!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:56 pm

I have one Arsis album and was kind of meh after listening to it so I never go another one. Plus those stupid metal and ballet videos they used to do on MTV's Headbangers Ball creeped me out on them.

I swear 3 or 4 times in a year or two period they were supposed to be an opening act at a concert I went to and they no showed. Van troubles a couple times, must suck to be on the road and broke.

They arent exactly high on my lists of bands I want to get cds by.

The one cd I have of theirs is Starve for The Devil. Decent but not very memorable to me. Is the one on the list significantly better, maybe I will give them another shot and try that one.
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 pm

BehnWilson wrote:I have one Arsis album and was kind of meh after listening to it so I never go another one. Plus those stupid metal and ballet videos they used to do on MTV's Hairbangers Ball creeped me out on them.

I swear 3 or 4 times in a year or two period they were supposed to be an opening act at a concert I went to and they no showed. Van troubles a couple times, must suck to be on the road and broke.

They arent exactly high on my lists of bands I want to get cds by.

The one cd I have of theirs is Starve for The Devil. Decent but not very memorable to me. Is the one on the list significantly better, maybe I will give them another shot and try that one.

that cd you have isn't one I'm particularly fond of... Celebration Of Guilt is just, quite simply, AMAZING... go on youtube and check out "Maddening Disdain" or "Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters"

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Not bad, but it doesnt blow away.

Will give it another listen, leaning towards buyying the cd now. I might buy a half dozen off that list that I dont have (Incl the ones I didnt type from 61-100)

Thanks for the recomndation.

I love discussion on the albums on a list, I hate when a thread like this degenerates into "this list sucks" or disregarding the whole list because one band or album you dont like is on there. this is a great board, l love the input here.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:37 am

I own 4 of those albums :lol:

Diossection - Storm of the lights bane
    Dissection - The Somberlain
    Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
    Sepultura -Schizophrenia
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:43 pm

No real huge problems with the Top 8. Don't feel Repulsion should be THAT high at #9 and I'm frankly shocked how anyone can tolerate Cryptopsy (even in general). None So Vile I find laughably awful, that it wouldn't be on my Top Million list, yet alone #10 of all time ??????

Pestilence - Consuming Impulse is a Top 5 though and Testimony of the Ancients is utter rubbish

I own 50 of the 100 and had at one time about another 5-6 of them :deathmetal: :mrgreen: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:15 pm

I own the Repulsion - Horrified cd and it is considered pioneering in the genre so I can understand the high ranking but personally its a cd I never really got into and I tried to like more but it really doesnt do much for me. I think its a pretty good Top 10 as these things go. My top ten would be mostly the initial cds by the pioneers in the genre, for the most part those are my favorite death metal cds.

My Top Ten
    1.Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
    2.Death - Scream Bloody Gore
    3.Carcass - Descanting the Insalubrious
    4.Entombed - Left Hand Path
    5.Morbid Angel - Covenant
    6.Obituary - Slowly We Rot
    7.Deicide - Deicide
    8.Incantation - Onward To Golgotha
    9.Immolation - Dawn of Possession
    10.Master - Master

just missed:
    11.Autopsy - Mental Funeral
    12.Suffocation - Effigy Of The Forgotten
    then probably would be a run of Death albums

everyone post your top ten if you like
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:That cd you have isn't one I'm particularly fond of... Celebration Of Guilt is just, quite simply, AMAZING... go on youtube and check out "Maddening Disdain" or "Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters"

I finally broke down and ordered this cd, Arsis - Celibration of Guilt off of Amazon tonight. When get will post and let you know what I think of it. Was pre-ordering the new Suffocation cd which comes out next Tuesday and then added to my order the Arsis cd plus Unleashed's - Where No Life Dwellls.

Debated getting Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand Lakes which is also on the above list but held off for the time being.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:02 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Debated getting Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand Lakes which is also on the above list but held off for the time being.

Dooooo it :deathmetal:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:23 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:Debated getting Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand Lakes which is also on the above list but held off for the time being.

Dooooo it :deathmetal:

I have some Amazon rewards coming at the end of the month. Unless I order blu rays instead (was thinking of a combo of Excpape From NY, Big Trouble in Little China & They Live) was thinking of getting at that point:
    -Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand Lakes &
    -Dissection - Somberlain

I have had in my Amazon wishlist for awhile but havent been able to get at a decent price, its currently $40 plus:
    -Demilich - Nespithe (I wish they would re-rissue this cd already)

I change my mind a million times when I have points coming, & sometimes get impatient and just go ahead and order it when I get tired of waiting
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 pm

I think Im talking to myself on this thread. Thought it would have generated a little more interest, oh well. :cry:

Broke down and ordered Demlich's - Nespithe. Lost an auction on ebay at the last second (I hate those last second bidders) and bought a copy listed Buy It Now for $27.50 incl shipping. More then I like to pay but figured just get since it seems pretty hard to find.

Got the Arsis cd mentioned above and loved it, thanks for the recomendations.

At the end of month when I get my Amazon rewards points will probabably get the Amorphis & Dissection cds.

Not on the top 100 list here but just got the new Suffocation cd in the mail, I cant wait to play that one.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:32 am

Demilich has been reissued previously FYI :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:56 am

John - don't know if you had noticed this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2952 from some months back that Mike started....which is also about that Decibel list but was titled differently. As far as generating more interest - perhaps there just aren't many death metal fans who read the forum regularly (much less contribute?). Just a thought.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 am

Just got my Amazon points & ordered Amorphis-Tales From The Thousand Lakes & two Dissections cds-Somberlain & Storm Of The Light's Bane. Figured Id update my above post. I went from what I dont have up to #80 instead of thru #60 before. Some of the ones I dont have appear to be rare / expensive. Was thinking of Gorguts - Obscura too, but was too pricey for me at least for now so I held off on ordering that one.

STILL DONT OWN - OF TOP 80:

61.God Macabre - The Winterlong
    63.Gorguts - Obscura
    67.My Dying Bride - As the Flower Withers
    68.Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
    69.Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
    72.Repugnant - Epitome Of Darkness
    75.Disharmoni Orchestra - Not To Be Undimensional Conscious
    78.Obscura - Omnivium

EDIT - TOP 100 PURCHASED CDS SUBSEQUENT TO MY ORIGINAL POSTING ABOVE:
    46.Amorphis - Tale From The Thousand Lakes
    79.Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
    80.Demilich - Nespithe
    84.Immolation - Unholy Cult
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
  • michaeljee
    Wiper

by michaeljee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 am

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
    Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?
    Michaeljee
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Just ordered another one last night:
    #79 - Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus

I might end up with all 100 at the rate I am going. There was a similar thrash list awhile ago I ended up getting that whole list though Im more a fan of thrash than death and had aready had the bulk of it. I remember the last one I got was a Christian thrash cd, Deliverance by Deliverance. Had no interest in a Christian thrash cd but decided why not so I could have all 100. Wasnt bad but listened once and had no desire to ever play it again.

Anyone have any recomendations off the ones I have listed that i dont have yet that I should get next?

Thanks
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:31 pm

yeah man, Arsis "A Celebration Of Guilt" is just a really really amazing debut, their followup ep "A Diamond For Disease" was pretty rad, too.

also, those movies you were planning to get: Escape From NY, Big Touble In Little China, and They Live are amazing choices!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I will get those movies eventually. Actually just bought Big Trouble In Little China. I have the other two on dvd but not blu ray and am in the process of trying to convert my collection.

I love Ox Baker in the gladiator scene in Escape From New York. He was a pro wrestler from the era I grew up watching, Bob Luce Wrestling in Chicago. Ox Baker was one scary looking dude, might have been my #2 all time favorite wrestler behind Dick the Bruiser.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:40 am

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu May 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Just ordered off the list of ones I don not have
    #60.Tiamat - The Astral Sleep

Might get a few later this week, going to surf that site someone posted above CM Distro I think it was and see if I can find these at decent prices
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:56 am

Just ordered & received:

Its pretty good. For the additional tracks they have a cover of Venom's Countess Bathory, my favorite Venom song so that was a pretty cool extra.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Just bought one more #84 - Immolation's Unholy Cult. Don't know why I never had this one, like the band and already had the bulk of their catalogue. When I play one of theirs for some reason, it is 90% of the time their first album, Dawn of Possession.

Ignored this list for quite a awhile as I have been concentrating more on thrash and classic metal. Wasn't able to work out for awhile and now may be able to go back to it and that is often when I play death metal so maybe I will get another few off the list though most of the ones I would want now are rare and too expensive.

Two that are cheap I might get are the ones:
    -Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition (have a few by them and ok but I m not really info them) &
    - Akercoke - Words That go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone (haven't heard them besides an odd sound bite)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:49 am

BehnWilson wrote:- Akercoke - Words That go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone (haven't heard them besides an odd sound bite)

You'll love that Akercoke album, pristine is what it is.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sat May 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Just ordered 4 more, got 3 in mail today and waiting on the Akercoke one which will take awhile as its coming from Earache Records overseas. Wont get to them for a bit as I am sick and will wait until l get better and play them while working out, that's where I like to check out new cds

48 Akercoke - Words That go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
    63 Gorguts - Obscura
    78 Obscura - Omnivium
    87 Nocturnus - The Key
    Sickening Gore
    Oiler

by Sickening Gore » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:10 am

Not one Benediction album on the list?! They're one of the greatest in old school death metal in my opinion.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 am

Decapitated seems way too low on the list to me. Although I would have picked Carnival Is Forever from their catalogue.

It would appear that Augury isn't on the list
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
Post Reply 33 posts Page 1 of 1