Post Reply 77 posts
Iron Maiden/Dream Theater North American Tour!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Iron Maiden/Dream Theater North American Tour!

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:33 pm

I just pissed myself. Will be at the Auburn, Washington and Vancouver, BC shows for sure

[quote]FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET- :mrgreen:

British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN have set "The Final Frontier" as the title of their new studio album, due late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American tour with very special guests DREAM THEATER to open in Dallas, Texas, on June 9 and finish in Washington D.C. on July 20, making it MAIDEN's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada, "The Final Frontier World Tour" will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011.

An exclusive pre-sale allowing members of the IRON MAIDEN fan club first access to tickets to the North American MAIDEN shows will be made available two days prior to them being available to the public.

Tickets for the Canadian shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday, March 13 at 10 a.m. PST (10 a.m. EST for Toronto and 12 noon EST Montreal). Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IRON MAIDEN fan club members on Wednesday, March 10 at 10 a.m. PST through to Thursday, March 11 at 6 p.m. PST (EST for Toronto). Regretfully due to technical reasons an exclusive pre-sale in Montreal is not possible.

Tickets for the U.S. shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday, March 20 at 10 a.m. EST. Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IRON MAIDEN fan club members on Wednesday, March 17 at 10 a.m. EST through to Thursday, March 18 at 6 p.m. EST

As IRON MAIDEN are actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have access to the best possible tickets at the fairest possible price, without being subject to scalping for good seats, so many North American shows will operate, at least in part, a paperless ticket policy.

To give IRON MAIDEN fan club members a privileged insight to their touring world, IMTV will return to www.ironmaiden.com to cover "The Final Frontier World Tour". This exclusive footage includes regular video from the live shows, touring, band interviews, insights into our crew and what they do and much much more. The website will also feature exclusive tour diaries, exclusive photographs and anything else that helps the fans get a real insight into the dynamics of a big tour.

"The Final Frontier 2010 North American Tour" dates:

Jun. 09 - Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center
    Jun. 11 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
    Jun. 12 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
    Jun. 14 - Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
    Jun. 16 - Albuquerque, NM - The Pavilion
    Jun. 17 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
    Jun. 19 - San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheatre
    Jun. 20 - Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion
    Jun. 22 - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
    Jun. 24 - Vancouver, BC - GM Place
    Jun. 26 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
    Jun. 29 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
    Jun. 30 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center +
    Jul. 03 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
    Jul. 07 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
    Jul. 11 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC
    Jul. 12 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    Jul. 14 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagra Pavilion
    Jul. 15 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
    Jul. 17 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
    Jul. 18 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    Jul. 20 - Washington D.C. - Jiffy Lube Live

+ DREAM THEATER will not perform in Winnipeg

IRON MAIDEN recorded "The Final Frontier" at Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas with producer Kevin Shirley. According to a posting on Kevin's official web site, "There's still work to do, but the band portion is complete and in the can, so to speak."

Shirley previously worked on the last three MAIDEN albums — 2000's "Brave New World", 2003's "Dance of Death" and 2006's "A Matter of Life and Death".

The next IRON MAIDEN album will be the band's fifteenth studio record, and they face a challenge to follow up "A Matter of Life and Death", which was received well critically and saw the group play the whole album on tour.

Speaking at last year's premiere of the band's documentary film "Iron Maiden: Flight 666", guitarist Adrian Smith stated, "There's always a bit of pressure to follow up the last album. In a way, it's good, because it motivates you.

"We never get complacent; we always try our best for our own sake as much as anything else. As far as pressure for another album, we just do what we do — we've been doing it long enough now; we know what we're doing. [laughs]"

IRON MAIDEN guitarist Janick Gers revealed to BBC News in November that the band was on its way "to Paris for three weeks to work on some new stuff." He added, "The most important thing for a band is to create new music, otherwise you're not valid — you become a parody."

IRON MAIDEN will headline this year's edition of the U.K.'s Sonisphere festival, which will be held Saturday, July 31, 2010 and Sunday, August 1, 2010 at Knebworth.

MAIDEN became the first outfit in history to travel round the world in a customized jet during their "Somewhere Back in Time" tour, as detailed in award-winning movie "Flight 666".

The Boeing 757 carried musicians, crew, gear and guests with singer Bruce Dickinson, a qualified airline pilot, at the controls.
    [/quote]
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    metalia
    Oiler

Re: Iron Maiden/Dream Theater North American Tour!

by metalia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Hell yeah, we'll have them at the summer Festival in Quebec city :D
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Quebec rules!! We need to get some Quebec bands on the cruise! Voivod, Augury, Martyr, Quo Vadis, etc...
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Of course we should! lol We are very lucky about all of this, because normally when a band is doing a north american tour, we always have them in like Quebec city or mostly in Montreal :mrgreen:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:19 am

There was an unfortunate rumor that Coheed and Cambria were also gonna be part of this, and luckily, this does not seem to be the case. Hopefully it stays that way.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:55 am

Just got my ticket today for the June 24th show here at GM Place! 3rd or 4th time for Maiden but never seen DT before. This year just keeps gettin better and better :D
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:47 am

Got my ga/pit/standing only ticket on Weds. I am a member of the Maiden FC and got a pre sale password from IM.COM

I cannot wait.

I wonder when The Final Frontier is going to be released?
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 am

Captain Metal wrote:There was an unfortunate rumor that Coheed and Cambria were also gonna be part of this, and luckily, this does not seem to be the case. Hopefully it stays that way.

They are headlining their own tour with a band named Circa Survive and these are not their dates.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:25 am

If only i had the spare cash i'd be up for heading over for this. :|
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:26 am

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:There was an unfortunate rumor that Coheed and Cambria were also gonna be part of this, and luckily, this does not seem to be the case. Hopefully it stays that way.

They are headlining their own tour with a band named Circa Survive and these are not their dates.

As much as i despise Coheed and Cambria i can think of far worse bands that Iron Maiden have toured with e.g Bullet with my valentine.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 am

Luckily NEITHER is the case this time
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 am

Not surprised.I think most of 'THOSE' kind of bands have goten fed up with barrage of botttles and constand booing for being in the same venue as Iron Maiden :twisted:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:22 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I wonder when The Final Frontier is going to be released?

Odd thing that... Seems more and more bands releasing new efforts half way or further through their tours. Was talking with the owner of local metal shop yesterday about just this thing. I thought it might be some industry stab at combating the piracy thing or something somehow but neither of us could make much sense of it. Any thoughts?

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 pm

I know JJ, met him a couple of times at the Colbalt (RIP) and some other little club in Van.

Do you post at Blood Red?????????
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:38 pm

I've poked around there a bit and I think I have an account but never very active. Was pretty active on the ZH boards... I think we may have a mutual friend that lives down your way. You know Evil Red right?

nymphet
    Petty Officer

by nymphet » Fri May 28, 2010 11:54 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Got my ga/pit/standing only ticket on Weds. I am a member of the Maiden FC and got a pre sale password from IM.COM

I cannot wait.

We're gonna see this on Jun. 19 - San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheatre. It'll also be our 1st anniversary and Craig's b-day :heavydrink:
    Is D-Theater playing the same day???? Never seen them b4... but apparently don't care for them too much :P
    A "metal heart" is hard to break apart.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun May 30, 2010 5:24 am

Florida getting screwed again. What a shocker :roll: :roll: :roll:

The weird thing since I moved here 8 years ago, I've seen 1, yes 1 metal show that was not on DISNEY property (Obituary in Ybor City).

Before The Mouse succumbed to people complaining about "violent lyrics" and Machine Head not being allowed to play at House of Blues, I was able to see: Slayer, Behemoth, King Diamond, Eyes of Fire, Mastodon & Morbid Angel.

Nothing funnier than hearing Angel of Death and Chapel of Ghouls then walking outside to see a big Mickey head logo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:57 am

Heard the new Maiden song.
    It's shit...
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman

by VikingGirl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:44 am

Metalwrath wrote:Heard the new Maiden song.
    It's shit...

I thought it was ok... I'm sure it's not the best song on their new album. It kinda grows on you. Don't care for the intro tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss46iEaBc2g
    Eva

Cabin #1570
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:41 am

VikingGirl wrote:
    It's shit...

I thought it was ok... I'm sure it's not the best song on their new album. It kinda grows on you. Don't care for the intro tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss46iEaBc2g

really? I am really liking it, better than most o the stuff on Dance of Death IMHO.

:givebeer: and Maiden live in 11 DAYS!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 am

Metalwrath wrote:If only i had the spare cash i'd be up for heading over for this. :|

Just announced they're playing Dublin on July 30th!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:44 am

viathyn wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:If only i had the spare cash i'd be up for heading over for this. :|

Just announced they're playing Dublin on July 30th!

I know about it.Me and Ravenlord will be in Germany at Headbangers open air on the same day though haha
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 am

Ah.

Bummer!
    HOA will be sweet though.

Please check out my band

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 am

Yep.Funny thing is that the Headbangers open air ticket still costs less than the Iron Maiden ticket :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 am

YAY...They'll be here in Phoenix next Thursday!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 am

I think/feel/believe/am of the opinion that it's shit...

Fixed for accuracy :lol: :twisted:

I'm not exactly CRAZY about it either as I'd hoped for something more stellar considering the studio they holed up in for the writing and it being their last hurrah and all. Only one song on the whole effort under 5 minutes so I AM expecting a classic or two. Although this track ain't one, it certainly won't send me running from the building when they play it live here in ... sixteen days whoohoo!!

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:06 am

Gave the song another listen.It still bores me to tears.And yes i am hopeing that this is the weakest song on the album.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:19 am

Personally,this song doesn't really WOW me either. It sounds more like a B-side track in it's sound and structure, and Bruce isn't sounding his best here either. I can see why they let this tune go for free :lol:

By the way Rob, who says this is their last hurrah? I think that whole line of speculation started because of the album title and that Steve Harris said something in an interview years ago about quitting after album 15. If this was really the end, I think they would've said something by now, just for the hype factor alone. I think they still have a few more albums in them, but let's see what this one consists of first, shall we? After picking it apart like vultures that is. :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Haha... sure, sounds good. I just assumed this was their last studio album as I'd heard others say the same thing and, like you say, the title sort of suggests as much. If not, no problem here. It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if you told me I'd be seeing them come through town again in another 10 or 20 years.

:shred:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm

I agree....egardless....I havent been Maiden-ized in quite some time and will go check it out next week.....I am confident that I won't be disappointed!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:14 am

Steve Harris said today that it's not their last album ;)
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 am

Maiden could take shits on stage and I would buy it.

Album comes out August 15th and I have yet to hear any new song but I am sure it is brilliant, amazing and jaw dropping. Just like A Matter of Life or Death, which is pretty much my fave latter day Maiden album.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Wow just heard the widget Blabbermouth posted and I must say that its totally EXCELLENT!

Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TIL i SEE THEM LIVE FOR THE 7TH TIME
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:37 am

Ok I am seriously stoked for this show now. The last two times Maiden came to Seattle (2005 and 2008) they played vintage material mostly (maybe played The Wickerman or Ghost of the Navigator, but that was all) and now it appears that the setlist draws heavy from their last three albums!! Plus the new one El Dorado! Really stoked.

The tour kicked off in Dallas last night and here was the setlist

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. The Wicker Man
    02. The Ghost Of The Navigator
    03. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
    04. El Dorado
    05. Paschendale
    06. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
    07. These Colours Don't Run
    08. Blood Brothers
    09. Wildest Dreams
    10. No More Lies
    11. Brave New World
    12. Fear Of The Dark
    13. Iron Maiden

Encore:

14. The Number Of the Beast
    15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    16. Running Free

And my favorite Maiden song is #15! Sweeeeeeeeeeet
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 am

Dream Theater:
    01.As I AM
    02.A Rite of Passage
    03.Home
    04.Constant Motion
    05.Panic Attack
    06.Pull Me Under

Pretty decent!!

Please check out my band

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks so much for posting that Tom and Jacob!!

I now have matching playlists running on the stereo here at home and feel like my psyche is already halfway to 2 weeks from now!!

Gotta say too, El Dorado fits great with the rest of the tunes and is REALLY growing on me :headbanger:

As much as I will miss many classics and feel sorta bummed that there's nothing from Killers or Piece of Mind, this is exactly the kind of set list I prefer from bands I've seen multiple times. Gimme stuff I've never heard live!!! :beerwink:

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:59 am

god I was so excited i forgot about DT! I fucking love that band. good list from them too

thanks guys

Scott
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Cheers man no worries!

Stoked for DT, last saw them a few years ago but missed them last year when I was in Northern Africa (I'd say that was a good trade!! haha)

Please check out my band

brokebackmoshpit
    Wiper

by brokebackmoshpit » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Love the new single, have been blasting it pretty much non stop. Saw the set list for last night's Maiden show, and YES!!!! This is the show I've been wanting to see. Yeah, the greatest hits shows are cool, and it's awesome that Bruce can still hit all those notes, but man, I really have loved the new albums, and I love that I'm going to hear them play stuff live that I NEVER thought I'd hear them do live. Paschendale and No More Lies, Ghost of the Navigator, yes, this show looks like it's going to rock right the fuck out. I'll see your asses at the PNC and Madison Square Garden shows.
    Aside from that, Mrs. Kennedy, how did you like Dallas?
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:51 pm

^^^wins most offensive forum signature award^^^

:givebeer: and 5pm
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Post Reply 77 posts