Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1
RIP Oderus Urungus
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

RIP Oderus Urungus

by meshuggah » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 am

This is a shock and very sad. We've lost another of the great ones. RIP Dave

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... -at-age-50
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: RIP Oderus Urungus

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:24 am

Never was big into GWAR but I went to a show a couple years ago to see the insanity first hand and I loved every minute. May not have enjoyed their music like some people but damn that band knew how to put on a show and make over the top music videos. Sad loss :(

Video I took from the Calgary show of GWAR killing hitler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfewLA_ESyk
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:30 am

Managed to see Gwar 5 times. Dave was really one of the best performers around, this is a very sad loss. Have a safe trip home Oderus!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 am

I was sad to hear this news this morning. I saw Gwar 19 times, Dave Brockie Experience 2 times & X-Cops once. Not the greatest music, but an entertaining live show. I was hoping to make it 20 times this for Gwar this year during their annual fall tour. I don't see the band continuing without Dave/Oderus. To echo Joey, have a safe trip home Oderus!
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:44 am

Very sad news indeed

R.I.P.
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:39 pm

while it's been 5 or 6 years since my last Gwar gig, I have seen them over 30 times and DBX once and X-Cops once... Dave was a riot, and this is a huge shame... the last album was the best since Violence Has Arrived, and I was looking forward to many more years of chaos... R.I.P.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Only saw GWAR once as I was never into the music but they were quite entertaining live. Sad to hear of Dave passing. RIP
    I should get around to updating my signature
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Seen GWAR 5-6 times. Had some of their VHS tapes back in the day. One of the best live shows. RIP.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:20 pm

On behalf of Dave Brockie's family, Slave Pit Inc. and GWAR, we would like to thank all the loyal fans worldwide for the outpouring of love and support shown to us over the past few days. Knowing that we have such amazing family, friends and fans is truly helping us all get through this tough time.

We are awaiting a toxicology report from the medical examiners office to confirm the cause of death. The medical examiners office has informed us that the results can take one to three months to be processed. Standard protocol exists that a toxicology procedure be performed.

We have made funeral arrangements and a private memorial has been scheduled for close friends and family.

As Dave and Oderus would have wanted, this year's GWAR-B-Q scheduled for August 16th at Hadad's Lake (7900 Osborne Turnpike Richmond, VA) will still take place as planned. We have scheduled the Dave Brockie public memorial to take place the day prior to the GWAR-B-Q, Friday August 15th, also at Hadad's Lake.

More information shall be released as the details are confirmed.

Source
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:55 am

I'm still not over this. GWAR will carry on, but it won't be the same.

I think I'll leave this here:
    http://youtu.be/WwnHaslci9E
    http://youtu.be/8FfdFV5v2Nk
    http://youtu.be/5NQ_bE4xujs

R.I.P. Oderus.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

by TheSalamanizer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:39 am

This was the first celebrity death that actually affected me. Judging by the number of white tshirts I have that are now covered in blood and jizz, I've seen GWAR well over a dozen times. There will never be another like Dave Brockie. I expect to go to the GWAR-BQ this summer to pay tribute.

This is the funniest thing ever:
    http://youtu.be/U85CXYJg2lc
    2015 - cabin 9375
  • Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1