Post Reply 28 posts Page 1 of 1
Full Metal Mountain
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Full Metal Mountain

by Monmisreal » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:02 am

http://www.full-metal-mountain.com/

Is anyone else keeping an eye on this one? We might look into this one a bit more and see what happens with the pricing packages.
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Full Metal Mountain

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Yeah its an insane concept (but I guess a metal cruise sounded like an insane concept at first).

Will be interesting to see prices, how many bands, and the quality of the lineup.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:58 am

Nope. Too winter. I'm so done with winter. F that
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 am

I'm interested. Been meaning to go skiing on the Alps for some time, and if the pricing and the bands are ok, yeah, count me in.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:34 am

Snow = No :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Of course the Finn is the only one really interested :lol: :lol: The Florida has spoiled us so I dont know how well we would take to the extreme cold. It just makes me think of Metalfest Croatia when we were freezing our asses off because it was raining and probably 40-50 degrees F. Airline left our luggage in the states so we had nothing warm to wear, even though that is warm for most people. Not sure how we would do in the snow.
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:15 pm

That sounds epic. I'm just wondering do they close off the ski hill to the general public on those days? I'm Canadian and live close to the Rocky Mountains which has some amazing skiing but the Alps would be something I need to experience.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I think the concept is unique, awesome & amazing!!! Yeah - it's "cold" - it's "winter" - but that gorgeous landscape as a backdrop for music & a novel adventure - wow. I'd do it in a heartbeat if time & money allowed (s). Hmmmm.... :beerbang:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:02 am

Monmisreal wrote:Of course the Finn is the only one really interested :lol: :lol: The Florida has spoiled us so I dont know how well we would take to the extreme cold. It just makes me think of Metalfest Croatia when we were freezing our asses off because it was raining and probably 40-50 degrees F. Airline left our luggage in the states so we had nothing warm to wear, even though that is warm for most people. Not sure how we would do in the snow.

:lol:

Well, it's not really "extreme cold" on the Alps. :beerwink:
    And with right gear you can go ski and even enjoy yourself when it's cold (think below zero Fahrenheit). The only time I've felt it was too cold was some ten years ago me and a friend went skiing when it was -28 degrees Celsius (-18 F) and the wind was stupidly strong.

And the weather in Zadar was awesome. So nice and warm. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:Of course the Finn is the only one really interested :lol: :lol: The Florida has spoiled us so I dont know how well we would take to the extreme cold. It just makes me think of Metalfest Croatia when we were freezing our asses off because it was raining and probably 40-50 degrees F. Airline left our luggage in the states so we had nothing warm to wear, even though that is warm for most people. Not sure how we would do in the snow.

:lol:

Well, it's not really "extreme cold" on the Alps. :beerwink:
    And with right gear you can go ski and even enjoy yourself when it's cold (think below zero Fahrenheit). The only time I've felt it was too cold was some ten years ago me and a friend went skiing when it was -28 degrees Celsius (-18 F) and the wind was stupidly strong.

And the weather in Zadar was awesome. So nice and warm. :beerwink:

We will need to buy clothes just for the trip if we go :lol: :lol:

Zadar was awesome, the only night that sucked was the 2nd night (I think?) where it was raining. Since we didnt have luggage yet I was trying to man up in my shorts and flip flops. Doesnt work when youre a skinny shit like myself
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:26 am

I hope the concerts are indoors. It can't be easy to play a guitar when you can't even feel your fingers.
    Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:36 am

Full Metal Mars presented by Wacken coming in 2022 :)
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:50 am

Pero wrote:Full Metal Mars presented by Wacken coming in 2022 :)

I'm interested! :lol:
    Wishlist:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:01 am

I see nothing but bad things coming from this.
    People getting drunk, passing out and freezing to death.
    would take one majestic line up for me to consider this at all

that besides the fact I would have to skip 70K to do so
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 am

First bands for FULL METAL MOUNTAIN will be announced on March 28th.

And it will take place from the 28th of March 2016 until the 3rd of April 2016.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:First bands for FULL METAL MOUNTAIN will be announced on March 28th.

And it will take place from the 28th of March 2016 until the 3rd of April 2016.

And as anything with the Wacken name on it it will sell out in about 14 nanoseconds. :lol:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:52 pm

First bands. Orden Ogan, Gamma Ray, Accept, Devil Train, Beyond The Black.... Got to say, I'm impressed!

http://www.full-metal-mountain.com/en/

Sales start tomorrow - I wonder how many minutes it will take to sell out? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:02 pm

It sell out the first hour most likely.My biggest reason for not liking this is you have to buy lift tickets,I can barely survive a "bunny slope",I do sledding if that was a choice but skiing and snowboarding are not in my interests.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:43 am

Beyond the Black is an awesome add, don't care about the rest that much. Ok, Accept is a fun live band, but I've seen them a million times already.

I'm interested, but, yeah, depends on the pricing. I'd love to go ski on the Alps.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Pricing is up. Starting at 599 Euro each to share a four person apartment:

https://booking.event-service.cc/en/index.html
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:49 am

So bookings are open - any takers?

I find the prices very reasonable - kids under 6 free, 7-14 pay a reduced price. I like that idea.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:15 am

Some local metal friends of mine (who are also 70K alums) posted on fb today that they booked this festival - Sounds very cool & I must say I'm a bit envious. ;)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:04 am

We will keep this on our radar but we are going to pass on the first year. The whole ski lift thing from one area to the next is a big pass for me since im a big ole pansy when it comes to heights. Might need to work myself up to heights like that since id probably freak the hell out. :lol: :lol:

Two american couples we met at Metalfest Croatia are going, but im very surprised by how relatively inexpensive it is. I thought it would be a lot more than that.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:43 pm

I think I might consider this in 2017 also,wasn't ready to do anything like this because other travel planned.It was alot cheaper than I thought, I guess the lift ticket premium spread among everyone keep that part low.I even found they have snow tubing, which is something I love to do.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:07 am

I'm still considering it...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • yerkungfuisweak
    Wiper

by yerkungfuisweak » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:38 am

Monmisreal wrote:Two american couples we met at Metalfest Croatia are going, but im very surprised by how relatively inexpensive it is. I thought it would be a lot more than that.

Yep! We're booked! :chug:
  • LauraW
    Crewman

by LauraW » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:32 am

Is anyone going to this? I'm all booked up but now going alone, as my roommate had to bail. Trying to figure out how to get from Ljubljana to the festival right now. I'd love to split a rental car with someone. As an American, it's actually quite cheap for a rental (about 70 Euro) and w/ 2 people it would be the cost of the train or less. 3-4 and it would be even better.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm assuming the show is outside, it could work OK I guess provided its maybe hovering around the freezing point. No way I would do this, I'm a Canadian that can't handle the winter. Avantasia I on the bill along with Sabaton, Accept, In Extremo, Gamma Ray. They should draw pretty well.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
Post Reply 28 posts Page 1 of 1