Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1
Female metal fans needed for a study
  • researcher
    Wiper

Female metal fans needed for a study

by researcher » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 pm

FEMALE METAL FANS NEEDED AS PARTICIPANTS FOR A STUDY ON THE POSITIVE EFFECTS OF METAL MUSIC

As a graduate student in Educational Psychology and Special Education (University of Saskatchewan) I am interested in the positive effects of metal music on female metal fans. Under the supervision of Dr. Jennifer Nicol (registered Psychologist) I invite you to participate in a study called “The perceived positive effects of metal music for female fans”.

In order to participate, you must:

a) identify as female
    b) be a metal fan
    c) be 18 or older
    d) believe metal music had positive effects on you
    e) have enough knowledge of English to provide detailed written answers

If you meet these requirements and are interested in participating, then you are welcomed to fill out an anonymous (no tracking of IP address, and encryption of information will be added) online questionnaire that should take up to 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

If interested, please follow this link for the survey:

fluidsurveys.usask.ca/s/positive-effects-of-metal-music-on-female-fans/

For questions about the study please contact my supervisor Dr. Jennifer Nicol (Registered Psychologist) by email: jennifer.nicol@usask.ca or by phone: 1-306-966-5261

Thank you for your time and participation.

Anna Noura Kuhlmann
    M.Ed Candidate
    School and Counselling Psychology (Educational Psychology and Special Education)
    University of Saskatchewan
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

This study has been reviewed by, and received approval
    through, the Research Ethics Office, University of Saskatchewan.
    liser
    Petty Officer

Re: Female metal fans needed for a study

by liser » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:12 am

Did anyone else do this? These are hard questions to answer!
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
  • Layana
    Wiper

by Layana » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Done
    Rotting Christ / Dark Tranquillity / Alestorm or Gloryhammer / Orphaned Land / Draconian / Insomnium / Hypocrisy / Epica / Xandria / Nightwish / Opeth / Lacuna Coil / In Flames / Moonsorrow / Sirenia
  • researcher
    Wiper

by researcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:51 am

Thank you for your participation in my study! I really appreciate it! It is still on-going since I am waiting for more replies. Once I have the results of my study I will post them here and a link to the U of S theses website.
  • researcher
    Wiper

by researcher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:49 pm

Due to overwhelming number of results the survey is now closed. After I have worked through the data I have collected I may open the survey again if I need more data. You can check back after May 22nd to see of the survey is open again. Thank you for attempting to participate or for your participation! I will post again once I have decided if I should open the survey up again or not.

Thank you!
  • researcher
    Wiper

by researcher » Wed May 27, 2015 9:26 pm

I decided that I will keep the survey closed since I have many responses. Thank you again. I will post again once I have a summary of the analyzed data.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:15 am

researcher wrote:Due to overwhelming number of results the survey is now closed. After I have worked through the data I have collected I may open the survey again if I need more data. You can check back after May 22nd to see of the survey is open again. Thank you for attempting to participate or for your participation! I will post again once I have decided if I should open the survey up again or not.

Thank you!

There's no such thing as having too big of a sample size.
  • researcher
    Wiper

by researcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Thank you for all the interest in seeing what my results are. I am still sorting through it. Thank you for your patience.
Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1