Post Reply 133 posts
2016 Tours and Festivals
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2016 Tours and Festivals

by captaingabbeh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:06 am

MikeB wrote:Image

Holy cats, that lineup. I was thinking of maybe doing Heavy Montreal, but I might have to look into doing this instead.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:08 am

captaingabbeh wrote:

Holy cats, that lineup. I was thinking of maybe doing Heavy Montreal, but I might have to look into doing this instead.

Yup, I'll be going to this one. It will be my 4th year running. The headliners are total garbage but there are some great ones on the side stages. They often throw a bone to metal heads. I'm stoked to finally see Sodom having missed them at 70k (damn conflicting schedules!!!) Turbonegro, COC, Voivod, Gorguts, Madball, the Addicts, Anthrax, it should be fun.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:41 am

I wonder if Sepultura & Igor/Max Cavalera are playing on the same day?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:19 am

Sgt. B wrote:

I wonder if Sepultura & Igor/Max Cavalera are playing on the same day?

That's the same thought I had 2 years ago when Danzig and the Misfits played in the same fest. It turned out to be on two days.

I haven't been following Sepultura but I don't think there's any bad blood between Max and the other guys is there? At this point Derrick Green's been the front man for Sepultura longer than Max, does it matter anymore?
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:39 pm

2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed May 11, 2016 11:26 pm

Definitely going. Entombed with Nicke, Alex and Uffe. And not a single meh band on the lineup.

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Cabin bought for the Close-Up Båten. :beerwink:
    And last night a friend convinced me to go to the Nightwish Himos Park event (http://www.nightwishhimospark.com/himos-park-2082016/). Nightwish, Arch Enemy, Sonata Arctica, The Sirens and Silentium.

And yes, Steelfest is this weekend. Sucks that Hail of Bullets, Possessed and Bölzer cancelled, but at least there'll be lots of good friends to have fun with. :party:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:35 pm

I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:48 am

The NeO tour is gonna be so good.

Scar Symmetry also announced a North American tour the other day. Just waiting for dates.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:22 am

I am super stoked about the NeO tour. Seriously great lineup (and I'm looking forward to hopefully grabbing a few too many drinks with Starkill again, no lie).

Enter The Vault is also teasing an upcoming Amorphis tour. Be still my heart.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:26 am

ok, going to Wacken after all
    thought my streak would come to an end
    but year 14 here I come
    (I couldn't be less thrilled :D but that's just for now)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:06 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:I am super stoked about the NeO tour. Seriously great lineup (and I'm looking forward to hopefully grabbing a few too many drinks with Starkill again, no lie).

Yep, I caught that, too. :headbanger:
    That NeO show will rule. Summer tour schedules are really looking up!
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:I am super stoked about the NeO tour. Seriously great lineup (and I'm looking forward to hopefully grabbing a few too many drinks with Starkill again, no lie).

Yep, I caught that, too. :headbanger:
    That NeO show will rule. Summer tour schedules are really looking up!

Yeah, I just looked up Black Crown Initiate, and they look solid as fuck as well. So much better than seeing them with Cradle of Filth and Butcher Babies, IMO

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

13th_Clone
    Oiler

by 13th_Clone » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:03 am

Phoenix wrote:Scar Symmetry also announced a North American tour the other day. Just waiting for dates.

I've been waiting ages for this! I can't wait to find out how fucking far I have to drive to go see them.

Living in central Arkansas is tough for [metal] concert enthusiasts, but we do what we must :headbanger:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:21 pm

13th_Clone wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Scar Symmetry also announced a North American tour the other day. Just waiting for dates.

I've been waiting ages for this! I can't wait to find out how fucking far I have to drive to go see them.

Living in central Arkansas is tough for [metal] concert enthusiasts, but we do what we must :headbanger:

I'm in a similar situation - we get MOST bands here, but not all. For the really worth it ones, like Scar Symmetry is for me, I'd say it's 60/40 they'll be here so I may need to take a day or two off work to drive the three hours to Edmonton.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:59 pm

http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Next weekend Feuertanz Festival Burg Abenberg with:
    Subway to Sally
    In Extremo
    Eluveite
    and some more.

http://www.feuertanz-festival.de/feuert ... ndex.shtml
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Oh goody. Epica is skipping Arizona again. I feel like a good amount of tours haven't been stopping here over the last year+ :evil:

I should get around to updating my signature
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:39 pm

That is one random ass lineup :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:49 am

mooyagi wrote:Oh goody. Epica is skipping Arizona again. I feel like a good amount of tours haven't been stopping here over the last year+ :evil:

... What is this lineup? Also they are playing at a TERRIBLE venue this time. Well, I guess if I need something to go see in November.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:34 am

mooyagi wrote:Oh goody. Epica is skipping Arizona again. I feel like a good amount of tours haven't been stopping here over the last year+ :evil:

That sucks! Marquee isn't the greatest venue, but Epica's Calgary stop is the day before my birthday this year. Cue instant birthday party!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:43 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:

That sucks! Marquee isn't the greatest venue, but Epica's Calgary stop is the day before my birthday this year. Cue instant birthday party!

That lineup is pretty goddamn weird.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:15 pm

sara wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:

That lineup is pretty goddamn weird.

Very weird lineup, but it's 4 band I like that play at one of the best venue in town, on a Saturday :beerwink:
    We might get Xandria instead of Arkona for the first 3 show of the tour.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:34 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:

I was thinking about this one but they skipped Wisconsin
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:04 am

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:58 am

Damn. Alestorm show is the same day as the St Vitus/The Skull/Witch Mountain show for me. I hate when shows are on the same day & it is not possible to catch both.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Oh goody, this show will be at the most expensive venue in Las Vegas. I get to pay $45 to see Arkona and leave.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:04 am

Next week:

Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:53 am

Phoenix wrote:Image

This might be one of the best tour posters I have ever seen. :lol:

Have already picked up my tickets for this one. Alestorm has been eluding me for years and I'm really looking forward to seeing Æther Realm as well.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-CARCASS-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed.A.D.-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Firespawn-/-Gatecreeper-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:32 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Image

This might be one of the best tour posters I have ever seen. :lol:

Have already picked up my tickets for this one. Alestorm has been eluding me for years and I'm really looking forward to seeing Æther Realm as well.

I'm crying blood tears and putting pain-soothing ointment on my ass right now just looking at that poster and not seeing a Boston date. Maybe the pirates noticed that MA does everything in its power to stop the sale of alcohol and decided to skip. Arrrrghhh! There's Providence, but it's on a weeknight. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Oh goody, this show will be at the most expensive venue in Las Vegas. I get to pay $45 to see Arkona and leave.

Dude it won't be more than $25
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:40 am

I'd go watch KISS, have Guy Fieri make me a hamburger, laugh at Geoff Tate, and snicker at all the Hot Topic metalcore kids. Although Varg and the Burzums might be fun. :D
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:38 am

Sorry Canadian friends. No Sabaton for you (at this moment?). I think some of the festival shows could be more than just Trivium. I don't have time to look them up to check.

"Roadrunner Records recording group Trivium have announced detail of a fall North American headline tour. The trek, which gets underway September 15th at Columbus, OH's Newport Music Hall, will feature special guests Sabaton and Huntress (see tour latest itinerary below).

Trivium frontman Matt Heafy commented on the band's excitement to return stateside exclaiming, "America! We're coming back to party with all of you. This year has already seen countless cities in numerous countries, and now is the time to bring it back to our home country with our brothers and sisters of metal.We are beyond excited to have one of our favorite bands on the planet, Sabaton on the bill; and we are absolutely stoked to have the incredible Huntress out with us as well. We will be bringing you a show to remember; playing all your favorite tunes off your favorite records."

Trivium/Sabaton/Huntress

9/15 Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
    9/16 Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Soundstage
    9/17 Philadelphia, PA @ Rock Allegiance (Trivium only)
    9/19 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
    9/20 Little Rock, AR @ Clear Channel Metroplex Event Center
    9/22 Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
    9/23 Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
    9/24 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
    9/25 San Bernardino, CA @ Ozzfest meets Knotfest (Trivium & Sabaton only)
    9/27 Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
    9/29 Omaha, NE @ Sokol Auditorium
    9/30 Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
    10/1 Janesville, WI @ JJO Sonic Boom (Trivium only)
    10/2 Louisville, KY @ Louder Than Life (Trivium only)
    10/6 Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Live!
    10/7 Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
    10/8 Tulsa, OK @ Cain's Ballroom
    10/10 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
    10/11 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
    10/14 Worcester, MA @ Rock & Shock (Trivium only)
    10/15 Binghamton, NY @ Magic City Music Hall
    10/17 Charleston, SC @ The Music Farm
    10/18 Tampa, FL @ State Theater
    10/19 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution Live
    10/21 Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
    "

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:41 am

I'm so incredibly bitter about this.

I may have to travel for a show. I don't know. I'll see if it's in the cards.

They're not even hitting any states in the Northwest, are they? Excuse a Canadian's poor knowledge of American geography.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:48 am

No they are not. It appears this is a tour put together to get the bands from one festival to another

captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Sgt. B wrote:No they are not. It appears this is a tour put together to get the bands from one festival to another

Yeah. It seems like there's a lot of these festivals popping up around the US. Did I just not notice them before, or are there lots of new festivals?

Also, am I the only one surprised that Sabaton isn't headlining their own tour?

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:21 am

captaingabbeh wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:No they are not. It appears this is a tour put together to get the bands from one festival to another

Yeah. It seems like there's a lot of these festivals popping up around the US. Did I just not notice them before, or are there lots of new festivals?

Also, am I the only one surprised that Sabaton isn't headlining their own tour?

There are a bunch of festivals popping up this fall that didn't exist before. I recall hearing about new shows in Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston, Denver & outside Madison (WI) to go along with the already existing Louisville festival. I think most of them are run by AEG & another company. They also run the festivals from the end of April to the end of May (example: Rock On The Range, Rocklahoma, Carolina Rebellion).

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:24 am

Now to ruin the day of a certain person from Calgary....

"The dates have been set for Scar Symmetry‘s September North American tour with Arsis, Shattered Sun and Painted In Exile. Scar Symmetry guitarist Per Nilsson commented:

“We’re proud to announce the dates and venues for our first North American headlining tour this September! As you can see, we’ve chosen to keep this tour on the short side – but rest assured the shows will be of full length and girth! With us on this metal pilgrimage we have Virginia tech-death overlords Arsis, Texas metalcore masterminds Shattered Sun and New York prog professors Painted In Exile.

Out of all the tens of thousands of cities in North America, we have chosen to grace a mere eleven with our presence which is bound to leave some of you disappointed – but trust me, if this tour is a raging success I promise you we will come back early 2017 for another bunch of shows (yes California you’re on our mind too)! For now, spread the good word and come out to one of our shows, can’t wait to see you all!”
    09/08 Orlando, FL – Haven
    09/09 Atlanta, GA – Prog Power USA (Scar Symmetry only)
    09/10 Boonsboro, MD – G Boone’s
    09/11 New York, NY – Gramercy Theatre
    09/12 Philadelphia, PA – Voltage Lounge
    09/13 Providence, RI – Firehouse 13
    09/14 Montreal, QC – Petit Campus
    09/15 Toronto, ON – Hard Luck
    09/16 Columbus, OH – Al Rosa Villa
    09/17 Valparaiso, IN – Big Shots
    09/18 Kansas City, MO – The Riot Room
    09/19 Fort Worth, TX – Rail Club
    09/20 Austin, TX – Dirty Dog Bar"

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:43 am

Sgt. B wrote:Now to ruin the day of a certain person from Calgary....

Yeah... I saw this yesterday. Yesterday was not a good day. :cry:
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:05 pm

70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No