Post Reply 77 posts
What bands MUST you see before you die????
  • Laura
    Commander

What bands MUST you see before you die????

by Laura » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 am

Don’t know if you have seen some of the “before you die” books….titles like: 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die,
    1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. Just saw another of these at work lately (I’m a librarian), and it got me thinking about the bands I REALLY want to see that I haven’t seen already.

So…I was thinking about all the bands I’ve seen over the years (and especially bands like Immortal and Ulver who I just saw in Europe)….there are only two left that I love, haven’t seen, and absolutely have to see someday!! They are:

Pain of Salvation and Rammstein

I am crazy about both these bands….own all their recordings and DVDs. Rammstein hasn’t been to the US in a long time and I didn’t even know about them when they toured with the “Family Values” tour years ago. I spoke to so many German people at Wacken who had seen them on their recent European tour and loved it – also saw quite a few Rammstein shirts. Hopefully they will eventually come to the US, but no dates have been announced yet as far as I know. Seeing them in the States would probably not be near as cool as seeing them in Europe though. If and when they come here, the decency and pyro police will probably be out in full force! Anyway, love these guys with a passion – they’ve made some of the best videos ever imo – here’s a few of my favorites (actually they are all my favorites, even the new ridiculous and outrageous, yet hilarious Pussy)
    Ohne Dich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pkLDEEs20U
    Engel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnHgqTbd ... re=related
    Feuer Frei http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHUsIU16 ... re=related

I was hoping to see Pain of Salvation open for Dream Theater last summer, but they cancelled last minute. Gotta see those guys some day! I think Daniel Gildenlow is an absolute musical genius. I found out about them about three years ago when a guy at an Opeth gig insisted I check them out (had never heard of them before that). I read somewhere that one of Gildenlow’s favorite recordings is Jesus Christ Superstar which is also one of mine (and in opinion the best thing Andrew Lloyd Weber ever wrote). Gildenlow also wrote a rock opera of sorts called BE – one of my favorite recordings and DVDs. It’s been criticized for being a bit overwrought, but I think it’s totally awesome. Here’s Iter Impius from Be (starts out slow and then rocks out toward the end)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj54HJkG1rM
    also Daniel does a great cover of Cohen’s Hallelujeh (this is live from the Paradiso in Amsterdam)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDLbia6 ... re=related
    Ending Theme from Remedy Lane
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvuETe6 ... re=related

oh geez…did I ramble here, back to the original question….. :roll:

What bands must YOU see before you die????
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: What bands MUST you see before you die????

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 pm

I love it when you ramble TyrW... makes me feel like less of a geek for all my rambling posts :P :ugeek:

And I love the thread... Reminds me how lucky I am. I've recently crossed a number of band names off my must see list and am going to see Raven twice in the next 6 months and didn't know if I ever would. I think the only ones I'd have to add to the list are mostly old classics that may not (or for sure will not) ever perform again... Deep Purple, Rainbow, Zeppelin, Budgie, Blue Cheer... I'm really still hoping Grave Digger, Accept, UDO and/or King Diamond/MF get added to the cruise as they're on the list as well.

I'm sure I'll think of more later but that's it for what comes immediately to mind.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:16 pm

OMG Rob....I was thinkin the same thing...about how Id never see the bands I would DIE to see....Rainbow, Zepplin, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Robin Trower, STevie Ray etc;......If I were to see them I would die happy......no need for anything more that I havent already had the pleasure of seeing in person.....aaaaand YES I KNOW IM SHOWING MY AGE!!!......bite me :headbanger: :shred:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:20 pm

I have literaly seen hundreds of bands in the twenty-five plus years I've been going to concerts but there are still a few bands that continue to elude me. So here's my list

Anathema
    Lake of Tears
    Labyrinth
    Annihilator
    Sepultura
    Stratovarius (go figure)
    MSG
    Riot
    The Gathering
    Brave
    Emperor
    I'm sure there are a few more but these are just off the top of my head.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:01 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I love it when you ramble TyrW... makes me feel like less of a geek for all my rambling posts :P :ugeek:

And I love the thread... Reminds me how lucky I am. I've recently crossed a number of band names off my must see list and am going to see Raven twice in the next 6 months and didn't know if I ever would. I think the only ones I'd have to add to the list are mostly old classics that may not (or for sure will not) ever perform again... Deep Purple, Rainbow, Zeppelin, Budgie, Blue Cheer... I'm really still hoping Grave Digger, Accept, UDO and/or King Diamond/MF get added to the cruise as they're on the list as well.

I'm sure I'll think of more later but that's it for what comes immediately to mind.

well, thank you sir! I'm pretty good at rambling :lol: but I think I might win at the geek contest., hands down :lol: (this is probably better suited to the off course thread, but I'll mention briefly here - who else but moi goes to 20 museums/cultural sites in 6 days in Oslo (and Stockholm last here) before flying to Hamburg/Wacken for :headbanger: ? - Thor Heyerdahl (my hero!), Roald Amundsen, Fridtjof Wedel-Jarlsberg Nansen, Edvard Munch, Henrik Ibsen, Gustav Vigeland, and all those Vikings whose names we'll never know... so :cool: :cool: :cool: ....immersed myself in everything Norwegian (in the brief time I was there) - and I didn't even get out of Oslo! next trip Bergen, and elsewhere...

Back to music....I didn't mention the bands I would have liked to have seen who are not around anymore...definitely agree to Zeppelin and would add Pink Floyd - saw part of Grave Digger's and U.D.O.s set at Wacken - cool, yet I don't know their music very well, so can't say it was a top highlight (yet cool nevertheless)

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Thank you. I've been pushing hard to get Rammstein on the cruise. I think it's a good fit.
    Bands I need to see before I die... My Dying Bride, Immortal, Bolt Thrower, and that's pretty much it. :D

Rammstein yes! Something tells me they wouldn't come on the cruise - I think I'd lose it if they were announced. We can only hope! Don't know My Dying Bride (yet have heard good things), Immortal (good god - YES!) and it seems like a million people have told me about Bolt Thrower - they are on my "TO DO" list

debborah1 wrote:OMG Rob....I was thinkin the same thing...about how Id never see the bands I would DIE to see....Rainbow, Zepplin, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Robin Trower, STevie Ray etc;......If I were to see them I would die happy......no need for anything more that I havent already had the pleasure of seeing in person.....aaaaand YES I KNOW IM SHOWING MY AGE!!!......bite me :headbanger: :shred:

F*ck age - it means you've lived an awesome life! (and I'm older than all of yous anyway :lol: - me and Scott and Lalo from Germany :headbanger:) Love your list too, Deb...never saw any of them either, except for Tull circa 1980. And shit - Stevie Ray! The absolute best! (that's one of the few artists/groups the "rooster" ;) and I can connect on anymore - his favorite groups being The Who, Stevie Ray and The Band. ;)

onenight wrote:I have literaly seen hundreds of bands in the twenty-five plus years I've been going to concerts but there are still a few bands that continue to elude me. So here's my list

Anathema
    Lake of Tears
    Labyrinth
    Annihilator
    Sepultura
    Stratovarius (go figure)
    MSG
    Riot
    The Gathering
    Brave
    Emperor
    I'm sure there are a few more but these are just off the top of my head.

Cool...don't know most of these but I should prolly check them out! I do agree with Emperor - missed their last gig at a small club here before I knew who they were. BTW, are you still going to Slayer next Friday? or the rescheduled Rush gig on Monday?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Not going to Rush, can't make it on a monday. But I'm still going to Slayer. I'm in section 208 row K seat 20, nose bleed section. Look me up. Or let me know what section your in and I'll look you up, if they allow me in your section.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:23 pm

onenight wrote:Not going to Rush, can't make it on a monday. But I'm still going to Slayer. I'm in section 208 row K seat 20, nose bleed section. Look me up. Or let me know what section your in and I'll look you up, if they allow me in your section.

For sure - I'll say hello! My ticket is at work so don't know the seat #, but it is also nosebleed - in fact section 208 sounds familiar! :lol: :heavydrink:
  • DeadAnkh
    Oiler

by DeadAnkh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:52 pm

TOOL
    A few weeks ago I read in their website they were on tour AND AGAIN they just decided not to come to fucking Mexico... that's a fucking shame, seriously, I'm thinking on getting the stupid Visa so next time they go on tour again I can go to USA to one of their gigs... or Europe maybe... whatever comes first...

And that's the only one I can come up with right now... It's always been the first band I think of whenever they ask me this question... SOMEDAY... SOMEDAY...
    70000 tons of reasons to get my ass there on 2012!!!
  • DeadAnkh
    Oiler

by DeadAnkh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Hey Man! You should come to Mexico in December this year!
    Rammstein already confirmed their gig and tickets will be on sale this Monday!
    Would be a pleasure to have you here for this fucking orgasmic experience! and also to have some beers and headbang together!
    :death: :cheers: :headbanger:
    70000 tons of reasons to get my ass there on 2012!!!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:47 am

I'll actually die quite happily knowing i've never seen Rammsteim live :lol:
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:50 am

The only major band I still have to cross off my list if Van Halen.

Seen pretty much all my favourite bands (Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, Rage Against The Machine, Aerosmith, Mr. Big, Whitesnake...) so patiently waiting on Eddie and co. getting a tour together so I can blow what little money I have left on seeing them!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:22 am

Bell wrote:The only major band I still have to cross off my list if Van Halen.

Seen pretty much all my favourite bands (Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, Rage Against The Machine, Aerosmith, Mr. Big, Whitesnake...) so patiently waiting on Eddie and co. getting a tour together so I can blow what little money I have left on seeing them!

Hey Bell, you still not making the cruise or have you had a change of heart (rob a bank)? Got any good Scot band suggestions for the cruise? Korpiklaani's violin and accordion makes me crave some BAGPIPE METAL! :headbanger:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Bell's NOT making the cruise? I thought that was a done deal!! :evil:

Well, Bell, in case you hadn't heard, you may still get your wish... Van Halen
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:38 pm

DeadAnkh wrote:Pain of Salvation and Rammstein

Hey Man! You should come to Mexico in December this year!
    Rammstein already confirmed their gig and tickets will be on sale this Monday!
    Would be a pleasure to have you here for this fucking orgasmic experience! and also to have some beers and headbang together!
    :death: :cheers: :headbanger:

DeadAnkh - that would be fantastic....but with going to Wacken, the upcoming cruise and all, I'm kinda tapped out money/trip-wise for awhile. I haven't checked their Mexico tour dates, but I'm assuming they will be in Mexico City - a place I've always wanted to visit! That would be way cool. Re the beers - come to Cozumel at least and I'll see 'ya there! :cheers:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:46 pm

I have seen almost every band under the sun but here are a few I have yet to see

Accept
    Archgoat
    Moonspell (went to 3 fests they played at since 97 missing them everytime)
    Satanic Warmaster
    Teitansblood
    Blasphemy
    Black Witchery
    The Devil's Blood (seeing them at Hole in the Sky and Noctis IV)
    Grave Miasma (Seeing them at Hole in the Sky)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Blind Guardian, Angra and Manilla Road. Solstice, too.

Either before I die or before they die. Whichever comes first.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Yeah I have not seen Manilla Road either or Cirith Ungol. Saw Solstice (UK) at Wacken several years ago and it was AMAZING

Just remembered another one

Forgotton Tomb
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:52 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I have seen almost every band under the sun but here are a few I have yet to see

Accept
    Archgoat
    Moonspell (went to 3 fests they played at since 97 missing them everytime)
    Satanic Warmaster
    Teitansblood
    Blasphemy
    Black Witchery
    The Devil's Blood (seeing them at Hole in the Sky and Noctis IV)
    Grave Miasma (Seeing them at Hole in the Sky)

Accept and Kings X are touring this fall. Early Oct I believe. Not the original Accept but probably as close as you'll ever get. I seen them once in '84 at the American Rock Festival in Kalamazoo, MI. I may have to go see them again.
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:59 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Yeah I have not seen Manilla Road either or Cirith Ungol. Saw Solstice (UK) at Wacken several years ago and it was AMAZING

Gahh, you lucky bastard. The new singer is from Vancouver apparently, so hopefully there will be a chance to catch them near my own home turf.

From what I hear, Cirith Ungol have no intention of ever doing a reunion gig/tour. Apparently the Keep it True/Up the Hammer crowd hassle them all the time for it but apparently some of the members gave up music entirely after what happened.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 am

Exciter and I would fly to almost anywhere in the world to see a reunited Rainbow with Joe Lynn Turner concert.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:46 am

Sinister Realm wrote:Exciter and I would fly to almost anywhere in the world to see a reunited Rainbow with Joe Lynn Turner concert.

AGREE 100% on Rainbow, I don't know if it will ever happen though, it seems Blackmore has his hands full with Blackmore's Night. Plus, Joe Lynn Turner hasn't whored himself out to every band on the planet yet, I think he has 2-3 left to join for 1 album, then he can think about a Rainbow reunion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:28 am

Attending this cruise will indeed depend on funds. And how successful I am at organising and executing a bank raid!

Hoping Van Halen DO record this album and do a tour. Don't care where it is, hopefully Europe/UK, but if not, I reckon there are a handful of diehard VH fans over here who'd be up for a trip to the States!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Bands on my must-see list:

EPICA (Get to cross them off this cruise!! YAY!!!)
    WITHIN TEMPTATION
    TAROT
    KAMELOT (Hoping that I'll get to cross them off this cruise ;) )
    ROB ZOMBIE (Get to cross him off at SOUNDWAVE 2011!!)
    EDGUY/AVANTASIA
    IN THIS MOMENT
    and I'd love to catch a performance of the TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA someday too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:03 am

I'm only down to a few now that I haven't seen..

ANGRA (Seeing them January 13th/14th in LA!!!!)
    Blind guardian (Fingers crossed. Headliner material.)
    Wintersun (Seriously. Winterfuckingsun. Get your act together Jari..)
    DTB (Doing ziltoid... please?)
    Symphony X (Skipped out on the calgary Gigantour date back in '05 GRRRR)
    Wuthering Heights (Though I hear they kind of suck live.. Erik Ravn is a fantastic songwriter)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

R8R55
    Crewman

by R8R55 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Immortal
    BANG THE HEAD THAT DOES NOT BANG!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:04 pm

R8R55 wrote:Immortal

IMMORTAL!!! :beerhorns: :beerhorns: A MUST!!! I bought my ticket for Wacken 2010 in September 2009 when they were the ONLY band announced. Their set was only about an hour but so awesome!!! This is kind of a stupid picture of the gig because it's just the big screen, but I love the burning Wacken logo (which will forever be burned in my memory)
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :death: :death: :death: :beerhorns: :beerhorns: :beerhorns: ....
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:46 am

Immortal are my fave bm band , And I have not seen them enough before I die. And they are confirmed headliners for Inferno Metal Fest in Oslo in 2011. I have to go!

My Immortal live experience

Dynamo 98
    wacken 00
    march metal meltdown- new jersey- 00
    wacken 2002
    with Manowar- Seattle 2002
    Wacken 2007

So look forward to the DVD since a show on there was their fantastic 2007 performance at Wacken. :)
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:15 am

I've seen most of the bands I want to see, but I'm still missing Satyricon, Legion of the Damned, Thyrfing, At the Gates and Wintersun.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:16 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Immortal are my fave bm band , And I have not seen them enough before I die. And they are confirmed headliners for Inferno Metal Fest in Oslo in 2011. I have to go!

My Immortal live experience

Dynamo 98
    wacken 00
    march metal meltdown- new jersey- 00
    wacken 2002
    with Manowar- Seattle 2002
    Wacken 2007

So look forward to the DVD since a show on there was their fantastic 2007 performance at Wacken. :)

Another big Immortal fan - yay!!! Man - you've seen them a ton :cool: :cool: - hey, btw, have an awesome time at Hole in the Sky! (it's on my "music festivals to go to before I die" list ;)

Brodd wrote:I've seen most of the bands I want to see, but I'm still missing Satyricon, Legion of the Damned, Thyrfing, At the Gates and Wintersun.

I've seen Satyricon twice (one of my favorite bands :cool: ) and At the Gates when they came here in 2008 on their reunion tour - quite amazing. I keep hearing about Thyrfing and Wintersun - need to check them out for sure - they've been officially added to my ever-growing "to do," that is, to check out music list - along with some of the bands from the cruise line up.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Thryfing are amazing live. I saw them at Wacken 2003 in the early morning. And everyone needs to hear them as well as Wintersun, I would love to see Wintersun as well!!!

Hole in the Sky is the best festival I have attended before. so much fun
    Soulreaper
    Oiler

by Soulreaper » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:58 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Thryfing are amazing live. I saw them at Wacken 2003 in the early morning. And everyone needs to hear them as well as Wintersun, I would love to see Wintersun as well!!!

Hole in the Sky is the best festival I have attended before. so much fun

Thyrfing are amazing regardless...And Wintersun is a really kick ass band. Got to see them live with Tyr and Amon Amarth. A very awesome show.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 am

Every body wath thyrfing.....thyrfing U, ETH, A.......thorry......I jutht couldnt help my thelf........ :lol:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:29 am

debborah1 wrote:Every body wath thyrfing.....thyrfing U, ETH, A.......thorry......I jutht couldnt help my thelf........ :lol:

ahahahahahahhaah you make my day. I like you
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:Every body wath thyrfing.....thyrfing U, ETH, A.......thorry......I jutht couldnt help my thelf........ :lol:

ahahahahahahhaah you make my day. I like you

I like you too Scott....you big ol Teddy Bear :D :cheers:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 pm

debborah1 wrote: YES I KNOW IM SHOWING MY AGE!!!......bite me :headbanger: :shred:

What region :? (I couldn't resist)

MY DYING BRIDE

MADDER MORTEM

ARTILLERY W/ FLEMMING RONSDORF - best thrash band EVER!!!!!!

BLOODBATH (to a lesser extent, I love 'em but don't hold any emotional attachment for me)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Keeping it within metal.

Gamma Ray
    Blind Guardian
    Angra
    Kamelot
    Rammstein
    Carcass
    Hammerfall
    Dream Evil
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Bands on my must-see list:

EPICA (Get to cross them off this cruise!! YAY!!!)
    WITHIN TEMPTATION
    TAROT
    KAMELOT (Hoping that I'll get to cross them off this cruise ;) )
    ROB ZOMBIE (Get to cross him off at SOUNDWAVE 2011!!)
    EDGUY/AVANTASIA
    IN THIS MOMENT
    and I'd love to catch a performance of the TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA someday too.

Trans Siberian Orchestra is just simply amazing live.
    Best live show I've ever seen.

Better than Iron Maiden I'd dare say. Show wise, not music wise.
    They just blew my mind like no other live performance I've ever been a part of.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 am

Max_Rockwell wrote:Keeping it within metal.

Gamma Ray
    Blind Guardian
    Angra
    Kamelot
    Rammstein
    Carcass
    Hammerfall
    Dream Evil

Nice.

Seen Gamma ray, carcass, hammerfall, and dream evil.
    They were all pretty sweet, but here's a pic of how close I was at the Dream evil show!
    (Also had beers later with the guitar player!)

2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 am

KevinP wrote:ARTILLERY W/ FLEMMING RONSDORF - best thrash band EVER!!!!!!

They are playing in my hometown next weekend. Can't wait to see them again even though Rønsdorf isn't a part of the band anymore.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon May 13, 2013 6:03 am

Written in 2010.....

Laura wrote:Don’t know if you have seen some of the “before you die” books….titles like: 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die,
    1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. Just saw another of these at work lately (I’m a librarian), and it got me thinking about the bands I REALLY want to see that I haven’t seen already.

So…I was thinking about all the bands I’ve seen over the years (and especially bands like Immortal and Ulver who I just saw in Europe)….there are only two left that I love, haven’t seen, and absolutely have to see someday!! They are:

Fait accompli....*sighs* :D

May 10, 2011
    Rammstein :D
    Allstate Arena, Rosemont, Illinois

May 4, 2012
    Rammstein :D
    Allstate Arena, Rosemont, Illinois

May 10, 2013
    Pain of Salvation :D
    Reggie's, Chicago

As my dad says every so often....everything now is just extra "gravy." :P (he is 78, and like me - feels he has done & experienced more than he ever imagined he would)
Post Reply 77 posts