Post Reply 85 posts
Mosh pit horror stories.
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

by viathyn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:41 pm

debborah1 wrote:LMAO....no no ....Im pretty sure the brain was that way before!...Lacking a little gray matter! lol :cheers: (you're still a little shit head though) ;)

But I'm YOUR little shit head!

Gahhh. :givebeer: :givebeer:

Have a wicked weekend!!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm

viathyn wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:LMAO....no no ....Im pretty sure the brain was that way before!...Lacking a little gray matter! lol :cheers: (you're still a little shit head though) ;)

But I'm YOUR little shit head!

Gahhh. :givebeer: :givebeer:

Have a wicked weekend!!

You got that right Mister! lol...Have a kickass Metal weekend my brother...(I mean my shit head lol) :headbanger: :givebeer:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:43 pm

debborah1 wrote:Have a kickass Metal weekend my brother...(I mean my shit head lol) :headbanger: :givebeer:

:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:

ME! :givebeer: ME! :givebeer: ME!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 pm

@ Slim's San Francisco this little girl stage dived off the stage and the crowd just parted. She landed on the concrete floor ON HER FACE.

She was heinously wounded blood pouring broken nose and cheek etc.

Pretty brutal.

The worst that has happened to me is an old lady deliberately pinched me. LOL. Mean old thing.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:03 am

I was pissed on at Dynamo 99 during Pantera's horrible performance. I was in the crowd watching and I felt something wet splashing on my leg and there was a drunk dutch guy right behind me, peeing. I thought I had seen it all.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 am

Looks like you guys are confirming what I've been thinking for a good while now. The lamer the music, the more violent the listener. A strange correlation, to be sure. I once went to a show to see a couple of new wave white guy reggae/ska bands. (it was free, gimme a break) That audience was full of shirtless caucasian males in their 20's who looked to live in the gym, and apparently wanted to showcase their yellow belt karate skills. Lots of tribal tattoos in that crowd. Anyhow, that was one of the most unfriendly, downright nasty pits I've seen. Me and a few friends punched out some neo nazis at a Pennywise show (not free, but I was younger) for targeting people who wanted to have nothing to do with the pit and throwing elbows into their back at full force.
    I went to some hardcore show in Tampa with some friends who were all about that garbage. The show was in one of the more dubious venues I've ever been. A place so rife with hostility, hypocrisy, backward morality and ignorance. It was a church, obviously. Anyway, the bands would say how much they love jesus and all that horseshit, then these kids would windmill and kick the barely existent brains from one another's thick skulls. On particular shithead had caught me on the sidelines of this show earlier and, because of the very fact I was not involved, kept attempting to engage me in some sort of scenester mating ritual, in which he would move his arms in a flurry of retardation and walk into me, that I might challenge him to a duel of very, very weak proportion. This same little bastard, riddled with tattoos portraying that Christian favorite device of torture, the crucifix, later came down particularly hard on his wrist, after having it out with some senior karate kid. He looked pretty hurt, and reached his arm out to me so that I could pull him cringing from the floor. It was not without a great admiration for the irony of the situation which led me to respond, "I help those who help themselves" and walk away.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Amen! :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:30 pm

:lol: When I saw Mortician once at March Metal Meltdown 2000 in New Jersey there were these tools in the pit who were doing karate , complete with chops and spin kicks.

And also Six Feet Under 2004 in Seattle there were two dudes there with "brass knuckles" when I saw people coming out of the pit with blood and skin torn on their faces, I was like WTF?? Saw two burly bouncers kick the shit out of them right out the door and they called the police and it was on the news.

You asked for horror stories and I have plenty.

Someone threw a M-80 my way at Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult/Molly Hatchet/Riot in 1980 and it scared the fucking bejesus out of me! Blew a hole in my baseball cap the size of a grapefruit and singed my hair. I felt like Carrie. "There all gunna laugh at you"

:lol:

in 1993 , I was at a White Zombie show and it was a pretty small club. But the stage was super high, 10-12 feet, structured like the Whisky in Hollywood and my friend Jimmy stage dived, I saw him dive out and watched the crowd part and he hit the concrete floor and you could feel it under your feet. I squirmed over and people were "crowd surfing" him to the back and I followed them out and he was bleeding like a stuck pig from his skull fracture and a huge black eye with blood in the eyeball from someones shoulder. Brutal. :?
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Captain Metal wrote:I've seen more moshpit mishaps then I can count, so instead I shall share something a bit different.

It was June 4th 1988, and I was attending the Monsters Of Rock tour, which consisted of Kingdom Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions and Van Hagar. This took place at the Orange Bowl (stadium), and there were approximately 27000 people there (ah, the good ol' days). There was a considerable moshpit for Metallica, which turned into a giant mudhole when they were done. A friend of a friend lost one of her shoes in the process and had to walk around like that afterwards. At some point I noticed that the members of Anthrax were in the stands eyeballing some topless women and their ample breasts. Quite a sight.

Now, sometime between Dokken's set and the Scorpions, a curious thing occured. I began to notice a commotion up in the stands on one side of the stadium, which within moments began to spread like a wave throughout that side down to the field and up the other side, until the entire place was in the midst of the biggest food fight ever. Actually it was more then just food, as every conceivable item a person could throw was thrown. This lasted for about 3-4 minutes and finally died down. In the end, it was a big mess and that girl that lost her shoe? During all that she got hit in the head by the lost shoe and therefore retrieved it. What are the odds :lol:

That was my last show just before entering Navy bootcamp a month later! I saw it at Rice Stadium in Houston. It was hot as HELL that day people passing out and puking left and right. My most vivid memory is Don Dokken throwing his mic down and stomping off the stage in typical Don Dokken style when they had some tiny sound issues. God that guy has always been such a cry baby. There was a huge trash fight between the people seated up high and those on the floor, outnumbered and not holding the high ground, those poor bastards on the floor died in a hail of beer cups and hot dog wrappers! Good times those 80's were man...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 pm

cg138 wrote:Looks like you guys are confirming what I've been thinking for a good while now. The lamer the music, the more violent the listener. A strange correlation, to be sure. I once went to a show to see a couple of new wave white guy reggae/ska bands. (it was free, gimme a break) That audience was full of shirtless caucasian males in their 20's who looked to live in the gym, and apparently wanted to showcase their yellow belt karate skills. Lots of tribal tattoos in that crowd. Anyhow, that was one of the most unfriendly, downright nasty pits I've seen. Me and a few friends punched out some neo nazis at a Pennywise show (not free, but I was younger) for targeting people who wanted to have nothing to do with the pit and throwing elbows into their back at full force.
    I went to some hardcore show in Tampa with some friends who were all about that garbage. The show was in one of the more dubious venues I've ever been. A place so rife with hostility, hypocrisy, backward morality and ignorance. It was a church, obviously. Anyway, the bands would say how much they love jesus and all that horseshit, then these kids would windmill and kick the barely existent brains from one another's thick skulls. On particular shithead had caught me on the sidelines of this show earlier and, because of the very fact I was not involved, kept attempting to engage me in some sort of scenester mating ritual, in which he would move his arms in a flurry of retardation and walk into me, that I might challenge him to a duel of very, very weak proportion. This same little bastard, riddled with tattoos portraying that Christian favorite device of torture, the crucifix, later came down particularly hard on his wrist, after having it out with some senior karate kid. He looked pretty hurt, and reached his arm out to me so that I could pull him cringing from the floor. It was not without a great admiration for the irony of the situation which led me to respond, "I help those who help themselves" and walk away.

We're a number of years apart but think much alike. Well written and entertaining post there my friend!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:56 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:...My buddy Mike and I went to The Beaver Lodge...

sorry, at this point I was too stricken with convulsions from the hilarity of that name to continue reading your post. I'll make another attempt when I am in a more somber mood and less susceptible to such comedic fits...
    Last edited by Disaster Area on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:59 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Family Values Tour 1998: On psychadelic drugs at the time and punched Fred Durst right in the neck. Security literally threw me into a crowd of people and I got away. LOL!!!!!

You punched Fred Durst!? That earns you a beer from me on the cruise, A+ for that one bro!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:18 am

I think I might have to buy you a beer too, for punching that fuck.

However, since it didn't kill him, I will not be presenting you with a medal :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • ASH3S
    Oiler

by ASH3S » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Got caught in the nose with a punch once ... once, dude came by again & I tackled him. He said "that's not moshing" I told him "either is punching me in the fuckin' nose!" Needless to say he didn't throw any punches at me the rest of the night. That is about the worst I've experienced.

Back in the day the Slayer pits were crazy at a venue in Toronto they just called "The Concert Hall" it was actually a Masonic Temple but I have gotten off subject now. Anyway, the pits were crazy back then people jumping from the balconies into the pit. Or going from the balconies onto the Marshall stacks & then jumping into the pit. I saw alot of blood after those shows.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm

I went into the mosh pit during Children of Bodom at a Gigantour back a few years ago. Never again.
    It wasn't even a mosh pit, it was like a piss load of crowded people trying to mosh but failing and just swaying back and forth.
    I went in there without an ounce of sweat on me, and I came out the sweatiest I've ever been. And thing was, NONE of the sweat was mine.
    I got a bit disgusted and disappointed the mosh pit wasn't what i expected.

It's unfortunate for me though. Whenever I feel like jumping into a mosh pit, I realize I got car keys, and a cellphone in my pocket so I play it safe rather than having
    to damage either or both and fork money over later to get them fixed.

But I do get annoyed at those jerks that go into a mosh with intentions of hurting other people or going as hard as they can so everyone gets scared of them.
    Never seen anyone get seriously injured, but I"ve seen plenty of morons get pissed at each other, only to have them start a fight later on.
    I don't know how it was back in the day, but I'm assuming mosh pits weren't full of idiots like today. People don't even know what a proper circle pit it. There's always a couple of retards ruining it for everyone else.

I definitely just stay to the edges and watch the bands. I love watching musicians play. It's how I get down at shows.
    corrosive
    Crewman

by corrosive » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:22 pm

I find the worst pits are the emo/screamo pits...because they aren't pits just a lot of pushing! I had a friend who was a huge Alexisonfire fan, and someone bought her tickets to see them...well i ended up going with her because no one else would...i was more bruised after that show then any of the other 1000's shows i have been too!! There should be a lesson on how to mosh!!! lol And what the hell is up with all these hardcore throw down kids?? I was at a local show and these kids started punching the ground and each other in the head...i just don't get it!! lol
    Been cruisin' since 2011...haven't missed one yet!
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Adrift,the Obsessed,Down, Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Sacrifice, Razor,Evile,Bonded by Blood,
  • thlmobile
    Wiper

by thlmobile » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 pm

I used to mosh when i was younger but i've kinda grown out of it.
    These days most people seem to think that moshing is throwing punches at people anyway.

by X-Thor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 pm

This thread is hilarious, thanks for thumping it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had a few punches at mosh pits, but not realy hard or anything. I guess most of them were just pushing with closed fists, haha.

However, during the At the Gates concert, this guy next to me started pushing me (we were two "rows" behind the pit). I turned to see him and motioned towards the mosh pit. The guy starts yelling at me and pushing me. He was about twice my weight and seemed to be drunk or high, so I just turned around and started moving away, but he caught me and continued to yell at me t go away (? :lol: :roll: ), this time joined by a friend of his. At this point, a friend of mine got in the middle and the guys calmed down. I saw the guy at the mosh pit again, and he was really throwing punches at pretty much anyone and kept falling down. :roll: I guess he was just looking for trouble.

And that's pretty much the only "story" I have on mosh pits. Other than that, all good experiences and fun.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 am

I haven't had any mosh pit horror stories. The first time I ever got in the middle of a crowd was at my first real big concert, it was Tool, years ago, and I didn't know what to expect. Especially about half way through the concert the crowd really started swaying side to side and as much as I tried watching the band (because that's what I was there for) it was impossible because I spent most of the time trying to stay upright and clinging to people so I didn't fall and get trampled on. So since then I've never bothered getting into the crowd at concerts, because I like to listen and watch the band. If I want to mosh, I can do that for free with a bunch of mates at home and a stereo on full blast, I'm not paying $60+ to mosh at a concert, waste of time and money if you ask me.

I actually agree with the spam bot too, there have been times where I've been in the front row and there's someone behind me flailing his arms around and throwing punches or elbows.. that pisses me off. But that's the only time I ever get in the crowd these days, if I'm in the front row, otherwise I'll be at the back or to the side somewhere.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • KeithYorkMetal
    Petty Officer

by KeithYorkMetal » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am

My first mosh pit would have to be at a Trivium show...they were playing with Asking Alexandria and Motionless in White(YUCK), and the pits for Trivium were fucking awesome!!
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Eh, my really stupid teenage mosh-pit choices will be more than evident on the cruise. You don't get ribs like mine from playing it safe. I could throttle my teenage self sometimes.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Posted in random video thread but I guess it fits here better...

At 6:58, just one small example of the problem with the stupid new approach to 'mosh pits' today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFodVJiqpU

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted in random video thread but I guess it fits here better...

At 6:58, just one small example of the problem with the stupid new approach to 'mosh pits' today

:lol: Some of those fails were awesome.

The "hardcore" is the worst kind of moshing I think. I think thats what they call it, hardcore dancing or some shit. They think they look hardcore, but they just look like spastic retards. Heres a small example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTeJPHSRIc

Normally there are more participants and they're all kicking and shoving each other, it's ridiculous.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 am

Conrad wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted in random video thread but I guess it fits here better...

The "hardcore" is the worst kind of moshing I think. I think thats what they call it, hardcore dancing or some shit. They think they look hardcore, but they just look like spastic retards. Heres a small example..

Normally there are more participants and they're all kicking and shoving each other, it's ridiculous.

Was that my imagination or was one of the guys doing jumping jacks and pushups? :roll:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 am

:lol: Don't adjust your monitor, you're not seeing things.

2019 Wishlist:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

Was that my imagination or was one of the guys doing jumping jacks and pushups? :roll:

:lol: That's Paul from Blackguard. He was making fun of them.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • KeithYorkMetal
    Petty Officer

by KeithYorkMetal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 am

Funniest pit i seen was the Of Mice And Men pit.....these long haired, denim wearing metal heads went into the pit...all the emo kids were coming out of that pit...even the karate fighter guys..crying their fucking eyes out..saying it was suicide to go in the pit...those headbangers were at least 40 years old. I got a kick out of it.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:
    Conrad wrote: :lol: Some of those fails were awesome.

:lol: That's Paul from Blackguard. He was making fun of them.

I love that video. Hilarious :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote: :lol: That's Paul from Blackguard. He was making fun of them.

I love that video. Hilarious :lol:

Is it really? :lol: :lol: That is hillarious!

2019 Wishlist:
  • Blumpkin
    Petty Officer

by Blumpkin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:41 am

Damn, these stories are making me scared to go back into the pit.... :(

Also, I HATE slam dancers!
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 am

I've got two ironic situations from last cruise :D
    1) Grand Central - Muncipal Waste at its best, me stage dive - crowd -> not today - SLAM on the back right on the concrete :D (ugh, ugh, ok, let's kill'em!)
    2) At The Gates on the pool deck, fun as fuck, slippery as fuck and naturally everone go flat as fuck around me. I was picking up probably the smallest guy in the pit from the floor, then he springed up right into my eye arch with his forehead - I bled like a pig :D (and continue having the best pit times ever :D )
    Wishlist BTH2014: Aeon, Beneath the Massacre, Black Dahlia Murder, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Codeon, Death To All, Decapitated, Deicide, Gorod, Hour of Penance, Morbid Angel, Nile, Oral Fistfuck, Slayer, Suicidal Angels, Vader
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am

Not sure how I missed this thread until now..... :? Anyway, for those that don't already know this story......

First 70K, first band Exodus, first set, first song, first mosh pit, and BAM! Someone falls and lands right on my leg......and me knee goes POP!

I toughed out the rest of that set and the rest of the cruise on 1 leg. At this point I thought I had merely "sprained" my knee.

A month later I would finally go to the doctor. MRI.... TORN ACL.

All the insurance forms and doctors forms all say "How did this injury happen? Where did it happen? (be specific)".

Nothing is more awesome than answering: "In a mosh pit, on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico" and then seeing the doctors and nurses go "what's a mosh pit?" (followed by: "so who landed on your leg?"...... reply: "some guy with long hair and a black t-shirt")

:headbanger: :headbanger:
    13 time survivor
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:16 am

stoverkill wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread until now..... :? Anyway, for those that don't already know this story......

First 70K, first band Exodus, first set, first song, first mosh pit, and BAM! Someone falls and lands right on my leg......and me knee goes POP!

I toughed out the rest of that set and the rest of the cruise on 1 leg. At this point I thought I had merely "sprained" my knee.

All the insurance forms and doctors forms all say "How did this injury happen? Where did it happen? (be specific)".

Nothing is more awesome than answering: "In a mosh pit, on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico" and then seeing the doctors and nurses go "what's a mosh pit?" (followed by: "so who landed on your leg?"...... reply: "some guy with long hair and a black t-shirt")

Is that covered by insurance companies?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 am

X-Thor wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread until now..... :? Anyway, for those that don't already know this story......

Is that covered by insurance companies?

It is now! :headbanger:

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 am

X-Thor wrote:Is that covered by insurance companies?

It was for me! Of course, I work for a Blue Cross subsidiary, so I have Blue Cross insurance, which is pretty decent.

They did grill me pretty good trying to get names of people or entities they might could find at fault, but I wouldn't talk, and finally they just had to put it down as an accident and pay (most of) the bill.

:headbanger:
    13 time survivor
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 am

I hate mosh pits( insert power metal weenie joke here).
    I was at an Anvil concert, and this litttle fuckers was just bouncing all over.. really figity. I was chatting with a couple ( about 100 feet from the stage) when Anvil started playing. This little guy just blasted the lady of the couple--there was no pit at all at that point. So, I grabbed him by the collar-"Mosh but don't be a fucking dick" little fucker punched me in the face :lol:

Broke my glasses.. we scrummed at bit, then rememberd how this particular venue handles people that they throw out.. and let him go.

Too old for that shit!
    I did however enjoy the Wall of Death during Testament(or Exodus) on the pool deck and 2 people slipped as the sides crashed--and others helped them up

:shred:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Too old for that shit!
    I did however enjoy the Wall of Death during Testament(or Exodus) on the pool deck and 2 people slipped as the sides crashed--and others helped them up

I'm curious to know if there's a weight load for the contraption holding up the pool deck. I always get sweaty palms when people are jumping around on the thing.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:34 pm

alex_canada wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Too old for that shit!

I'm curious to know if there's a weight load for the contraption holding up the pool deck. I always get sweaty palms when people are jumping around on the thing.

I was really worried it was going to break when Sabaton had everyone jumping during the first cruise. Granted, the design is much, much better now than it was then.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Yeah I feel safer now on the pool deck even though it's slippery .
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:18 pm

I have two mosh pit stories and neither of them is a horror story. One was a slight disappointment and the other was how did the LP I had in my hands survive.

The first was for God Forbid. They were starting there third song of the set and no pits were going on so I moved from the back to dead center of the floor and once the third song picked up I grabbed as many people and ran forward and for the rest of the night all hell was breaking loose for them, Municipal Waste, Children of Bodem and Lamb of God. But in that first pit that first song I took 3 Fists, 3 Elbows and 1 Steel Toe boot (from out of nowhere :shock: ) to the same eye and thats the disappointing part my eye barley bruised so no battle scar the next day.

Second was for a concert my back was giving me shit so wasn't planning on moshing. Holy Grail just got done playing and I was impressed with their set so I went and bought their LP. 3 Inches of Blood came up and couldn't resist jumping in the pit, then followed by Eluveitie which never left the pit for them plus the wall of death they did. At the end of the thing the LP was still in one piece and I was bruised all over the place, but smiling like a mother fucker.

Wait I just remembered after the 70K12 I caught cannibal corpse in my home town. During the first band got hit in the ribs and broke some ribs. Stuck it out and even as a gimp jumped into the Cannibal Corpse pits a few times only to step out gasping for air every so often.
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17