Post Reply 89 posts
Mosh pit horror stories.
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by debborah1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:51 pm

    viathyn wrote:OK Deb yours is the exception! That sounds shitty too, but al least you've got a wicked scar to show for it and are otherwise not permanently damaged from the incident
    (Except for your brain :P )

    Just kidding.. looove youuuuu....
    :mrgreen:

    LMAO....no no ....Im pretty sure the brain was that way before!...Lacking a little gray matter! lol :cheers: (you're still a little shit head though) ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2955
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Malaka » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:55 pm

    debborah1 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:OK Deb yours is the exception! That sounds shitty too, but al least you've got a wicked scar to show for it and are otherwise not permanently damaged from the incident
    (Except for your brain :P )

    Just kidding.. looove youuuuu....
    :mrgreen:

    LMAO....no no ....Im pretty sure the brain was that way before!...Lacking a little gray matter! lol :cheers: (you're still a little shit head though) ;)


    BAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by debborah1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:03 pm

    SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:OK Deb yours is the exception! That sounds shitty too, but al least you've got a wicked scar to show for it and are otherwise not permanently damaged from the incident
    (Except for your brain :P )

    Just kidding.. looove youuuuu....
    :mrgreen:

    LMAO....no no ....Im pretty sure the brain was that way before!...Lacking a little gray matter! lol :cheers: (you're still a little shit head though) ;)


    BAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

    What are you laughin at? lol....jus kidding......MAN you can sure tell when its Friday around here! :D
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by viathyn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:41 pm

    debborah1 wrote:LMAO....no no ....Im pretty sure the brain was that way before!...Lacking a little gray matter! lol :cheers: (you're still a little shit head though) ;)

    But I'm YOUR little shit head!

    Gahhh. :givebeer: :givebeer:

    Have a wicked weekend!!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by debborah1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm

    viathyn wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:LMAO....no no ....Im pretty sure the brain was that way before!...Lacking a little gray matter! lol :cheers: (you're still a little shit head though) ;)

    But I'm YOUR little shit head!

    Gahhh. :givebeer: :givebeer:

    Have a wicked weekend!!


    You got that right Mister! lol...Have a kickass Metal weekend my brother...(I mean my shit head lol) :headbanger: :givebeer:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11137
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:43 pm

    debborah1 wrote:Have a kickass Metal weekend my brother...(I mean my shit head lol) :headbanger: :givebeer:


    :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:

    ME! :givebeer: ME! :givebeer: ME!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by vainglory » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 pm

    @ Slim's San Francisco this little girl stage dived off the stage and the crowd just parted. She landed on the concrete floor ON HER FACE.

    She was heinously wounded blood pouring broken nose and cheek etc.

    Pretty brutal.

    The worst that has happened to me is an old lady deliberately pinched me. LOL. Mean old thing.
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3856
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:03 am

    I was pissed on at Dynamo 99 during Pantera's horrible performance. I was in the crowd watching and I felt something wet splashing on my leg and there was a drunk dutch guy right behind me, peeing. I thought I had seen it all.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • cg138
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 237
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Pompano Beach, FL

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by cg138 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 am

    Looks like you guys are confirming what I've been thinking for a good while now. The lamer the music, the more violent the listener. A strange correlation, to be sure. I once went to a show to see a couple of new wave white guy reggae/ska bands. (it was free, gimme a break) That audience was full of shirtless caucasian males in their 20's who looked to live in the gym, and apparently wanted to showcase their yellow belt karate skills. Lots of tribal tattoos in that crowd. Anyhow, that was one of the most unfriendly, downright nasty pits I've seen. Me and a few friends punched out some neo nazis at a Pennywise show (not free, but I was younger) for targeting people who wanted to have nothing to do with the pit and throwing elbows into their back at full force.
    I went to some hardcore show in Tampa with some friends who were all about that garbage. The show was in one of the more dubious venues I've ever been. A place so rife with hostility, hypocrisy, backward morality and ignorance. It was a church, obviously. Anyway, the bands would say how much they love jesus and all that horseshit, then these kids would windmill and kick the barely existent brains from one another's thick skulls. On particular shithead had caught me on the sidelines of this show earlier and, because of the very fact I was not involved, kept attempting to engage me in some sort of scenester mating ritual, in which he would move his arms in a flurry of retardation and walk into me, that I might challenge him to a duel of very, very weak proportion. This same little bastard, riddled with tattoos portraying that Christian favorite device of torture, the crucifix, later came down particularly hard on his wrist, after having it out with some senior karate kid. He looked pretty hurt, and reached his arm out to me so that I could pull him cringing from the floor. It was not without a great admiration for the irony of the situation which led me to respond, "I help those who help themselves" and walk away.
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Captain Metal » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:19 pm

    Amen! :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3856
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:30 pm

    :lol: When I saw Mortician once at March Metal Meltdown 2000 in New Jersey there were these tools in the pit who were doing karate , complete with chops and spin kicks.

    And also Six Feet Under 2004 in Seattle there were two dudes there with "brass knuckles" when I saw people coming out of the pit with blood and skin torn on their faces, I was like WTF?? Saw two burly bouncers kick the shit out of them right out the door and they called the police and it was on the news.

    You asked for horror stories and I have plenty.

    Someone threw a M-80 my way at Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult/Molly Hatchet/Riot in 1980 and it scared the fucking bejesus out of me! Blew a hole in my baseball cap the size of a grapefruit and singed my hair. I felt like Carrie. "There all gunna laugh at you"

    :lol:

    in 1993 , I was at a White Zombie show and it was a pretty small club. But the stage was super high, 10-12 feet, structured like the Whisky in Hollywood and my friend Jimmy stage dived, I saw him dive out and watched the crowd part and he hit the concrete floor and you could feel it under your feet. I squirmed over and people were "crowd surfing" him to the back and I followed them out and he was bleeding like a stuck pig from his skull fracture and a huge black eye with blood in the eyeball from someones shoulder. Brutal. :?
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:45 pm

    Captain Metal wrote:I've seen more moshpit mishaps then I can count, so instead I shall share something a bit different.

    It was June 4th 1988, and I was attending the Monsters Of Rock tour, which consisted of Kingdom Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions and Van Hagar. This took place at the Orange Bowl (stadium), and there were approximately 27000 people there (ah, the good ol' days). There was a considerable moshpit for Metallica, which turned into a giant mudhole when they were done. A friend of a friend lost one of her shoes in the process and had to walk around like that afterwards. At some point I noticed that the members of Anthrax were in the stands eyeballing some topless women and their ample breasts. Quite a sight.

    Now, sometime between Dokken's set and the Scorpions, a curious thing occured. I began to notice a commotion up in the stands on one side of the stadium, which within moments began to spread like a wave throughout that side down to the field and up the other side, until the entire place was in the midst of the biggest food fight ever. Actually it was more then just food, as every conceivable item a person could throw was thrown. This lasted for about 3-4 minutes and finally died down. In the end, it was a big mess and that girl that lost her shoe? During all that she got hit in the head by the lost shoe and therefore retrieved it. What are the odds :lol:



    That was my last show just before entering Navy bootcamp a month later! I saw it at Rice Stadium in Houston. It was hot as HELL that day people passing out and puking left and right. My most vivid memory is Don Dokken throwing his mic down and stomping off the stage in typical Don Dokken style when they had some tiny sound issues. God that guy has always been such a cry baby. There was a huge trash fight between the people seated up high and those on the floor, outnumbered and not holding the high ground, those poor bastards on the floor died in a hail of beer cups and hot dog wrappers! Good times those 80's were man...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 pm

    cg138 wrote:Looks like you guys are confirming what I've been thinking for a good while now. The lamer the music, the more violent the listener. A strange correlation, to be sure. I once went to a show to see a couple of new wave white guy reggae/ska bands. (it was free, gimme a break) That audience was full of shirtless caucasian males in their 20's who looked to live in the gym, and apparently wanted to showcase their yellow belt karate skills. Lots of tribal tattoos in that crowd. Anyhow, that was one of the most unfriendly, downright nasty pits I've seen. Me and a few friends punched out some neo nazis at a Pennywise show (not free, but I was younger) for targeting people who wanted to have nothing to do with the pit and throwing elbows into their back at full force.
    I went to some hardcore show in Tampa with some friends who were all about that garbage. The show was in one of the more dubious venues I've ever been. A place so rife with hostility, hypocrisy, backward morality and ignorance. It was a church, obviously. Anyway, the bands would say how much they love jesus and all that horseshit, then these kids would windmill and kick the barely existent brains from one another's thick skulls. On particular shithead had caught me on the sidelines of this show earlier and, because of the very fact I was not involved, kept attempting to engage me in some sort of scenester mating ritual, in which he would move his arms in a flurry of retardation and walk into me, that I might challenge him to a duel of very, very weak proportion. This same little bastard, riddled with tattoos portraying that Christian favorite device of torture, the crucifix, later came down particularly hard on his wrist, after having it out with some senior karate kid. He looked pretty hurt, and reached his arm out to me so that I could pull him cringing from the floor. It was not without a great admiration for the irony of the situation which led me to respond, "I help those who help themselves" and walk away.


    We're a number of years apart but think much alike. Well written and entertaining post there my friend!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:56 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:...My buddy Mike and I went to The Beaver Lodge...


    sorry, at this point I was too stricken with convulsions from the hilarity of that name to continue reading your post. I'll make another attempt when I am in a more somber mood and less susceptible to such comedic fits...
    Last edited by Disaster Area on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Disaster Area » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:59 pm

    SlaytanicE21 wrote:Family Values Tour 1998: On psychadelic drugs at the time and punched Fred Durst right in the neck. Security literally threw me into a crowd of people and I got away. LOL!!!!!


    You punched Fred Durst!? That earns you a beer from me on the cruise, A+ for that one bro!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2955
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Malaka » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:28 am

    Disaster Area wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:Family Values Tour 1998: On psychadelic drugs at the time and punched Fred Durst right in the neck. Security literally threw me into a crowd of people and I got away. LOL!!!!!


    You punched Fred Durst!? That earns you a beer from me on the cruise, A+ for that one bro!


    Right on! One of my proudest concert moments. Hey, that could be a topic... What have you achieved at a concert? Anyone get laid at a festival? Sneak into a show for free? Get the bands to buy you beer?
    I would post that, but I'm fuckin lazy. LOL :givebeer:

    ...and cg138, that's some funny shit brother! LMAO!!!! :cheers:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Captain Metal » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:18 am

    I think I might have to buy you a beer too, for punching that fuck.

    However, since it didn't kill him, I will not be presenting you with a medal :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • ASH3S
    Oiler
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 am

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by ASH3S » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

    Got caught in the nose with a punch once ... once, dude came by again & I tackled him. He said "that's not moshing" I told him "either is punching me in the fuckin' nose!" Needless to say he didn't throw any punches at me the rest of the night. That is about the worst I've experienced.

    Back in the day the Slayer pits were crazy at a venue in Toronto they just called "The Concert Hall" it was actually a Masonic Temple but I have gotten off subject now. Anyway, the pits were crazy back then people jumping from the balconies into the pit. Or going from the balconies onto the Marshall stacks & then jumping into the pit. I saw alot of blood after those shows.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Max_Rockwell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm

    I went into the mosh pit during Children of Bodom at a Gigantour back a few years ago. Never again.
    It wasn't even a mosh pit, it was like a piss load of crowded people trying to mosh but failing and just swaying back and forth.
    I went in there without an ounce of sweat on me, and I came out the sweatiest I've ever been. And thing was, NONE of the sweat was mine.
    I got a bit disgusted and disappointed the mosh pit wasn't what i expected.

    It's unfortunate for me though. Whenever I feel like jumping into a mosh pit, I realize I got car keys, and a cellphone in my pocket so I play it safe rather than having
    to damage either or both and fork money over later to get them fixed.

    But I do get annoyed at those jerks that go into a mosh with intentions of hurting other people or going as hard as they can so everyone gets scared of them.
    Never seen anyone get seriously injured, but I"ve seen plenty of morons get pissed at each other, only to have them start a fight later on.
    I don't know how it was back in the day, but I'm assuming mosh pits weren't full of idiots like today. People don't even know what a proper circle pit it. There's always a couple of retards ruining it for everyone else.

    I definitely just stay to the edges and watch the bands. I love watching musicians play. It's how I get down at shows.
  • User avatar
    corrosive
    Crewman
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 pm
    Location: niagara falls canada
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by corrosive » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:22 pm

    I find the worst pits are the emo/screamo pits...because they aren't pits just a lot of pushing! I had a friend who was a huge Alexisonfire fan, and someone bought her tickets to see them...well i ended up going with her because no one else would...i was more bruised after that show then any of the other 1000's shows i have been too!! There should be a lesson on how to mosh!!! lol And what the hell is up with all these hardcore throw down kids?? I was at a local show and these kids started punching the ground and each other in the head...i just don't get it!! lol
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Caravan,St. Vitus,the Obsessed,Down,Havok,Metal Church, Cripper,Exodus,Diamond Plate,Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Fatal Smile,Exciter,Sacrifice, Razor,Tankard,Evile,Bonded by Blood,Overkill
  • thlmobile
    Wiper
    Posts: 3
    Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 pm

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by thlmobile » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 pm

    I used to mosh when i was younger but i've kinda grown out of it.
    These days most people seem to think that moshing is throwing punches at people anyway.







    __________________________________________________________
    ThL Smart Phone ThL A1 ThL A2
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by X-Thor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 pm

    This thread is hilarious, thanks for thumping it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I've had a few punches at mosh pits, but not realy hard or anything. I guess most of them were just pushing with closed fists, haha.

    However, during the At the Gates concert, this guy next to me started pushing me (we were two "rows" behind the pit). I turned to see him and motioned towards the mosh pit. The guy starts yelling at me and pushing me. He was about twice my weight and seemed to be drunk or high, so I just turned around and started moving away, but he caught me and continued to yell at me t go away (? :lol: :roll: ), this time joined by a friend of his. At this point, a friend of mine got in the middle and the guys calmed down. I saw the guy at the mosh pit again, and he was really throwing punches at pretty much anyone and kept falling down. :roll: I guess he was just looking for trouble.

    And that's pretty much the only "story" I have on mosh pits. Other than that, all good experiences and fun.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by doomguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 am

    I haven't had any mosh pit horror stories. The first time I ever got in the middle of a crowd was at my first real big concert, it was Tool, years ago, and I didn't know what to expect. Especially about half way through the concert the crowd really started swaying side to side and as much as I tried watching the band (because that's what I was there for) it was impossible because I spent most of the time trying to stay upright and clinging to people so I didn't fall and get trampled on. So since then I've never bothered getting into the crowd at concerts, because I like to listen and watch the band. If I want to mosh, I can do that for free with a bunch of mates at home and a stereo on full blast, I'm not paying $60+ to mosh at a concert, waste of time and money if you ask me.

    I actually agree with the spam bot too, there have been times where I've been in the front row and there's someone behind me flailing his arms around and throwing punches or elbows.. that pisses me off. But that's the only time I ever get in the crowd these days, if I'm in the front row, otherwise I'll be at the back or to the side somewhere.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • KeithYorkMetal
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 140
    Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:34 pm

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by KeithYorkMetal » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am

    My first mosh pit would have to be at a Trivium show...they were playing with Asking Alexandria and Motionless in White(YUCK), and the pits for Trivium were fucking awesome!!
  • User avatar
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 146
    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:23 pm
    Location: Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by VorpalBunny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

    Eh, my really stupid teenage mosh-pit choices will be more than evident on the cruise. You don't get ribs like mine from playing it safe. I could throttle my teenage self sometimes.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11137
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 pm

    Posted in random video thread but I guess it fits here better...

    At 6:58, just one small example of the problem with the stupid new approach to 'mosh pits' today

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFodVJiqpU
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by doomguy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted in random video thread but I guess it fits here better...

    At 6:58, just one small example of the problem with the stupid new approach to 'mosh pits' today

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFodVJiqpU

    :lol: Some of those fails were awesome.

    The "hardcore" is the worst kind of moshing I think. I think thats what they call it, hardcore dancing or some shit. They think they look hardcore, but they just look like spastic retards. Heres a small example..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTeJPHSRIc

    Normally there are more participants and they're all kicking and shoving each other, it's ridiculous.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 am

    Conrad wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted in random video thread but I guess it fits here better...

    At 6:58, just one small example of the problem with the stupid new approach to 'mosh pits' today

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFodVJiqpU

    :lol: Some of those fails were awesome.

    The "hardcore" is the worst kind of moshing I think. I think thats what they call it, hardcore dancing or some shit. They think they look hardcore, but they just look like spastic retards. Heres a small example..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTeJPHSRIc

    Normally there are more participants and they're all kicking and shoving each other, it's ridiculous.

    Was that my imagination or was one of the guys doing jumping jacks and pushups? :roll:
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by doomguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 am

    :lol: Don't adjust your monitor, you're not seeing things.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Stained Class » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 am

    Metalwrath wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted in random video thread but I guess it fits here better...

    At 6:58, just one small example of the problem with the stupid new approach to 'mosh pits' today

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFodVJiqpU

    :lol: Some of those fails were awesome.

    The "hardcore" is the worst kind of moshing I think. I think thats what they call it, hardcore dancing or some shit. They think they look hardcore, but they just look like spastic retards. Heres a small example..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTeJPHSRIc

    Normally there are more participants and they're all kicking and shoving each other, it's ridiculous.

    Was that my imagination or was one of the guys doing jumping jacks and pushups? :roll:

    :lol: That's Paul from Blackguard. He was making fun of them.
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • KeithYorkMetal
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 140
    Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:34 pm

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by KeithYorkMetal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 am

    Funniest pit i seen was the Of Mice And Men pit.....these long haired, denim wearing metal heads went into the pit...all the emo kids were coming out of that pit...even the karate fighter guys..crying their fucking eyes out..saying it was suicide to go in the pit...those headbangers were at least 40 years old. I got a kick out of it.
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21237
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by mooyagi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:08 pm

    Stained Class wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:
    Conrad wrote: :lol: Some of those fails were awesome.

    The "hardcore" is the worst kind of moshing I think. I think thats what they call it, hardcore dancing or some shit. They think they look hardcore, but they just look like spastic retards. Heres a small example..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTeJPHSRIc

    Normally there are more participants and they're all kicking and shoving each other, it's ridiculous.

    Was that my imagination or was one of the guys doing jumping jacks and pushups? :roll:

    :lol: That's Paul from Blackguard. He was making fun of them.


    I love that video. Hilarious :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by doomguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote: :lol: That's Paul from Blackguard. He was making fun of them.


    I love that video. Hilarious :lol:

    Is it really? :lol: :lol: That is hillarious!
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • User avatar
    Blumpkin
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 183
    Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 am
    Location: Yugoslavia

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Blumpkin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:41 am

    Damn, these stories are making me scared to go back into the pit.... :(

    Also, I HATE slam dancers!
  • User avatar
    doc
    Crewman
    Posts: 99
    Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 am
    Location: Switzerland

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by doc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 am

    I've got two ironic situations from last cruise :D
    1) Grand Central - Muncipal Waste at its best, me stage dive - crowd -> not today - SLAM on the back right on the concrete :D (ugh, ugh, ok, let's kill'em!)
    2) At The Gates on the pool deck, fun as fuck, slippery as fuck and naturally everone go flat as fuck around me. I was picking up probably the smallest guy in the pit from the floor, then he springed up right into my eye arch with his forehead - I bled like a pig :D (and continue having the best pit times ever :D )
    Wishlist BTH2014: Aeon, Beneath the Massacre, Black Dahlia Murder, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Codeon, Death To All, Decapitated, Deicide, Gorod, Hour of Penance, Morbid Angel, Nile, Oral Fistfuck, Slayer, Suicidal Angels, Vader
  • User avatar
    stoverkill
    Midshipman
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm
    Location: DALLAS TEXAS
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by stoverkill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am

    Not sure how I missed this thread until now..... :? Anyway, for those that don't already know this story......

    First 70K, first band Exodus, first set, first song, first mosh pit, and BAM! Someone falls and lands right on my leg......and me knee goes POP!

    I toughed out the rest of that set and the rest of the cruise on 1 leg. At this point I thought I had merely "sprained" my knee.

    A month later I would finally go to the doctor. MRI.... TORN ACL.

    All the insurance forms and doctors forms all say "How did this injury happen? Where did it happen? (be specific)".

    Nothing is more awesome than answering: "In a mosh pit, on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico" and then seeing the doctors and nurses go "what's a mosh pit?" (followed by: "so who landed on your leg?"...... reply: "some guy with long hair and a black t-shirt")

    :headbanger: :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

    WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by X-Thor » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:16 am

    stoverkill wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread until now..... :? Anyway, for those that don't already know this story......

    First 70K, first band Exodus, first set, first song, first mosh pit, and BAM! Someone falls and lands right on my leg......and me knee goes POP!

    I toughed out the rest of that set and the rest of the cruise on 1 leg. At this point I thought I had merely "sprained" my knee.

    A month later I would finally go to the doctor. MRI.... TORN ACL.

    All the insurance forms and doctors forms all say "How did this injury happen? Where did it happen? (be specific)".

    Nothing is more awesome than answering: "In a mosh pit, on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico" and then seeing the doctors and nurses go "what's a mosh pit?" (followed by: "so who landed on your leg?"...... reply: "some guy with long hair and a black t-shirt")

    :headbanger: :headbanger:


    Is that covered by insurance companies?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11137
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 am

    X-Thor wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread until now..... :? Anyway, for those that don't already know this story......

    First 70K, first band Exodus, first set, first song, first mosh pit, and BAM! Someone falls and lands right on my leg......and me knee goes POP!

    I toughed out the rest of that set and the rest of the cruise on 1 leg. At this point I thought I had merely "sprained" my knee.

    A month later I would finally go to the doctor. MRI.... TORN ACL.

    All the insurance forms and doctors forms all say "How did this injury happen? Where did it happen? (be specific)".

    Nothing is more awesome than answering: "In a mosh pit, on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico" and then seeing the doctors and nurses go "what's a mosh pit?" (followed by: "so who landed on your leg?"...... reply: "some guy with long hair and a black t-shirt")

    :headbanger: :headbanger:


    Is that covered by insurance companies?

    It is now! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    stoverkill
    Midshipman
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm
    Location: DALLAS TEXAS
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by stoverkill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 am

    X-Thor wrote:Is that covered by insurance companies?


    It was for me! Of course, I work for a Blue Cross subsidiary, so I have Blue Cross insurance, which is pretty decent.

    They did grill me pretty good trying to get names of people or entities they might could find at fault, but I wouldn't talk, and finally they just had to put it down as an accident and pay (most of) the bill.

    :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

    WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
  • User avatar
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2150
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm
    Location: Edmonton,Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Mosh pit horror stories.

    by Jaimie38 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 am

    I hate mosh pits( insert power metal weenie joke here).
    I was at an Anvil concert, and this litttle fuckers was just bouncing all over.. really figity. I was chatting with a couple ( about 100 feet from the stage) when Anvil started playing. This little guy just blasted the lady of the couple--there was no pit at all at that point. So, I grabbed him by the collar-"Mosh but don't be a fucking dick" little fucker punched me in the face :lol:

    Broke my glasses.. we scrummed at bit, then rememberd how this particular venue handles people that they throw out.. and let him go.

    Too old for that shit!
    I did however enjoy the Wall of Death during Testament(or Exodus) on the pool deck and 2 people slipped as the sides crashed--and others helped them up

    :shred:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests