Post Reply 20 posts Page 1 of 1
Bands who you wished you saw`
    jknechtel
    Oiler

Bands who you wished you saw`

by jknechtel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Which band do you ache to have seen, but maybe they are dead/brokenup/disolved/etc?

For me:

Death - RIP Chuck, this is one of my favorite DM bands. I was young enough, but I wasn't into metal at the time of his live performances.

At the Gates - They never seem to come to NA.

Emperor - They never seem to come to NA.

Others I've loved to see that aren't technically broken up but don't come here because they are from Oz (too remote I guess) or Europe (visas suck or not enough fanbase here in stateside ( fuck that, the states needs to learn the best metal comes from Europe as a rule).

Love to see:
    Havunkruunu
    Emperor/Ihsahn
    At the Gates
    Be'lakor
    Ouroborus
    MGLA
    Batushka
    Karnivool
    Caligula's Horse
    Here's to all the kisses I've snatched and visa versa!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Bands who you wished you saw`

by TPH » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Death as well, Individual Thought Patterns era.
    Queen - the real one, not this abomination that tried to piss on Freddie Mercury's grave.
    Stevie Wonder - I absolutely have to catch him next time he's coming over Europe.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:25 pm

King's X. Been a fan ever since I was a kid (Out of the Silent Planet, Gretchen Goes to Nebraska..... damn their early albums were amazing!)

Within Temptation. Wish I saw them 10+ years ago when they were awesome. They are still really good and I'd still love to see them, but yeah they are not as good as they used to be.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 pm

jknechtel wrote:Which band do you ache to have seen, but maybe they are dead/brokenup/disolved/etc?

Due to death of members: Death, Pantera, Dissection, Motorhead, Nevermore, Type O Negative
    Broken up with classic members: Sepultura with the Cavalera brothers (still dislike the current Sepultura), Angra with Andre Matos, Obscura with the original lineup Thesseling/Grossmann/Muenzner, Opeth with Lindgren/Lopez
    Dissolved: Deadsoul Tribe, Sentenced
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:32 am

Bands never seen: Death, Emperor, Immortal, Borknagar, Old Man's Child, Liquid Tension Experiment, Hidria Spacefolk, Graveworm, Zebra

(Now, what I THOUGHT the thread title referred to.... :lol: )

Bands on 70K 2018 that I wish I'd seen but missed for various reasons: Sabaton, Sonata Arctica, Wolfheart, Meshuggah, In Mourning, Voivod
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Gardenian
    Julie Laughs Nomore
    A Canorous Quintet
    Callenish Circle
    Gates Of Ishtar
    In Thy Dreams
    Carnal Forge (with original vocalist)
    Dead Trees Sway
    Flying
    Shangren
    Impious
    Skid Row (with Sebastian Bach)
    Faust Again
    Prayer For Cleansing
    Arkangel
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:51 pm

cegr80 wrote:Dissolved: Sentenced

THIS. SOOOO MUCH....THIS. :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Skid Row (with Sebastian Bach)

THAT. SOOOO MUCH....THAT. :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 pm

I guess I am fortunate. I have seen a lot of the bands & specific lineups that have been listed here.

I have seen the following, some multiple times.

Death
    Emperor
    Ihsahn
    At The Gates
    MGLA
    Karnivool
    King's X
    Pantera
    Motorhead
    Nevermore
    Type O Negative
    Immortal
    Graveworm

Within Temptation (2008 - older)
    Sepultura with the Cavalera brothers
    Obscura with the original lineup Thesseling/Grossmann/Muenzner
    Opeth with Lindgren/Lopez
    Skid Row with Sebastian Bach
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm

The 3 big ones for me are Pantera, Celtic Frost, and Type O Negative
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Type O Negative - I had the chance to see their last show but for some reason I decided not to got that night. I'm still kicking myself for not going. :cry:

Led Zeppelin - My favorite band of all time. When they did their final reunion show 10 Years Gone (see what I did there?) I couldn't go for various reasons.

Pantera - When Dime died that was when I really started getting into them.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 am

Damaged
    Earthmover
    Face Down
    Mental Home
    Absidia
    Crotchduster
    Eat A Bag Of Dicks
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 am

This isn't a hard one for me, because I've only really been into metal for the last ten years or so and the one band I never thought I'd see just got back together. But...

Scar Symmetry with Christian - I really liked them on 70k, but even their two singers aren't the same as Christian... Holographic Universe is my favourite Scar Symmetry album
    Children of Bodom in their hayday - pretty obvious. Their 20 Years Down and Dirty tour was really great, but I feel like I've missed my chance to see Follow the Reaper live.
    Nightwish with Anette - her albums (and her Wishmaster) were my favourite in the Nightwish timeline.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am

No point in mentioning acts that I would have been too young to have seen (for example I didn't see Emperor in 1999 but I didn't know who the fuck they were at the time)

My biggest missed opportunity was Impaled Nazarene. They played Toronto several years ago but I didn't have the money back then. It doesn't sound like they are touring anymore. Also Sigh, I missed an opportunity for the same reason and same time. Who knows if they will come through again.

Also there was the last time Manowar came to town. That was like 2005 or something. They wanted 60 bucks. I said, no thanks! I don't think they will ever play in the American market ever again.

Hey Jknechtel. Mgla is a word, it isn't an acronym. It means "fog"
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:Scar Symmetry with Christian - I really liked them on 70k, but even their two singers aren't the same as Christian... Holographic Universe is my favourite Scar Symmetry album.

Sick album! My favorite as well
    Phoenix wrote:Children of Bodom in their hayday - pretty obvious. Their 20 Years Down and Dirty tour was really great, but I feel like I've missed my chance to see Follow the Reaper live.

I was pissed when they didn't come to Houston for that tour. I absolutely worship old CoB, I have seen them several times touring with the newer albums but it was not the same.
    Phoenix wrote:Nightwish with Anette - her albums (and her Wishmaster) were my favourite in the Nightwish timeline.

I know it is quite an unpopular taste, but I really dig Anette's albums. Imaginaerum is actually my favorite Nightwish album ;)
    Last edited by cegr80 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Phoenix wrote:This isn't a hard one for me, because I've only really been into metal for the last ten years or so and the one band I never thought I'd see just got back together. But...

Scar Symmetry with Christian - I really liked them on 70k, but even their two singers aren't the same as Christian... Holographic Universe is my favourite Scar Symmetry album
    Children of Bodom in their hayday - pretty obvious. Their 20 Years Down and Dirty tour was really great, but I feel like I've missed my chance to see Follow the Reaper live.
    Nightwish with Anette - her albums (and her Wishmaster) were my favourite in the Nightwish timeline.

Anette was so lovely. Met her a few times. Saw Nightwish live with her on vocals 5 times I think?

Would have loved to see the big 'hair metal' bands I like "back in the day". Bands like Tesla, Def Leppard, Whitesnake.

Going to be seeing EXTREME with MR BIG in June! Will be a huge nostalgia trip but would have loved to have seen them back in the 80s/90s.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:23 am

King Diamond @ DTE around Detroit ( he didn't have make up on)
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 pm

mindgrind wrote:King Diamond @ DTE around Detroit ( he didn't have make up on)

I was at that show. First time seeing King.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm not listing bands like the Beatles I didn't have a chance to see anyway - so, it's basicly the early 90ies show of R.E.M. I regret I wasn't allowed to go to :D (I know they are still around, but it wouldn't be the same)

really glad I got to see Helloween with Kiske the last few months!
    still hoping to see Steel Attack one day, which is at least kinda likely
    very unlikely would be a Heavens Gate reunion (show)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    BlackToothGrin
    Crewman

by BlackToothGrin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:09 pm

My biggest regret is having Bolt Thrower tickets and not going to the show, because I was moving the next day. Never again!
Post Reply 20 posts Page 1 of 1