Post Reply 298 posts
Maryland Deathfest May 27-29, 2011
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: Maryland Deathfest May 27-29, 2011

by KevinP » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 am

I think to this day, Killed By the Cross ('90) is the only thing I heard by them. It was so beyond god awful I never bothered with anything further. Production was so bad it was laughable (or at least that is what I remember).

The only reason I remotely cared about 666 was they were from Australia and I could maybe get a Vegemite photo with them. I'll survive their loss though :lol:

Will have to check out some Nunslaughter today :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 am

KevinP wrote:I think to this day, Killed By the Cross ('90) is the only thing I heard by them. It was so beyond god awful I never bothered with anything further. Production was so bad it was laughable (or at least that is what I remember).

The only reason I remotely cared about 666 was they were from Australia and I could maybe get a Vegemite photo with them. I'll survive their loss though :lol:

Will have to check out some Nunslaughter today :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

you may not like it. i kinda consider them a joke band because they are so over the top, plus i've known them for almost 20 years now....i find them more "fun" than anything worthy of serious attention. to me they crack me up because of how cheesy they are. they are metal as hell in that regard! if you look at them as just being over the top perhaps you'll have a different appreciation. i don't know, just glad to see my old friends more than anything else.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • sssocialservice
    Oiler

by sssocialservice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Ticket Purchased..see ya'll in MAY!!!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:33 pm

rhiawiz wrote:you may not like it. i kinda consider them a joke band because they are so over the top, plus i've known them for almost 20 years now....i find them more "fun" than anything worthy of serious attention. to me they crack me up because of how cheesy they are. they are metal as hell in that regard! if you look at them as just being over the top perhaps you'll have a different appreciation. i don't know, just glad to see my old friends more than anything else.

Yeah defintely not my thing. I don't mind joke bands but it has to at elast sound good or hold my attention (hence why I can tolerate/enjoy Dethklok).

But being shitty for the sake of being shitty doesn't do it for me. I'll probably go off to a corner and try to extract a sentence or two out of Nick :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 pm

sssocialservice wrote:Ticket Purchased..see ya'll in MAY!!!!

Well if you want to mingle with any of us uber cool types you'll have to give as clue as to who you are and what you look like. Maybe even your social security number and credit card so we can verify :beerwink: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:12 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:you may not like it. i kinda consider them a joke band because they are so over the top, plus i've known them for almost 20 years now....i find them more "fun" than anything worthy of serious attention. to me they crack me up because of how cheesy they are. they are metal as hell in that regard! if you look at them as just being over the top perhaps you'll have a different appreciation. i don't know, just glad to see my old friends more than anything else.

Yeah defintely not my thing. I don't mind joke bands but it has to at elast sound good or hold my attention (hence why I can tolerate/enjoy Dethklok).

But being shitty for the sake of being shitty doesn't do it for me. I'll probably go off to a corner and try to extract a sentence or two out of Nick :mrgreen:

haha. he'll be watching them too, he thinks they are fun shit also. but there are a lot of ooga booga cave-death/noisy types of bands where i'm sure you'll have plenty of time to get nick to open up. 3-4 beers really does it as well. that dude was going off last night after 4 beers. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:56 pm

rhiawiz wrote: that dude was going off last night after 4 beers. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Saying hello and goodnight really doesn't qualify was "going off" but I guess it's something.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:11 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote: that dude was going off last night after 4 beers. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Saying hello and goodnight really doesn't qualify was "going off" but I guess it's something.

hahaha. no he was really telling me Phil Lynott's life story!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Wow, nunslaughter is one of the best bands to come out of the midwest if not they best. that is my opinion. I do not consider them a joke band, I think the people who do not like them are a joke.

JUST KIDDING Kev...lol
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Wow, nunslaughter is one of the best bands to come out of the midwest if not they best. that is my opinion. I do not consider them a joke band, I think the people who do not like them are a joke.

JUST KIDDING Kev...lol

:beerwink: :deathmetal: :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Speaking of nunslaughter, anyone heard of Satanic Threat? anyone who likes Minor Threat or old school HC will appreciate them greatly
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • sssocialservice
    Oiler

In 3 months

by sssocialservice » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:29 pm

I will be at Maryland Deathfest...
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: In 3 months

by KevinP » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:13 pm

sssocialservice wrote:I will be at Maryland Deathfest...

so will a whole bunch of us: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=637
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm

KevinP wrote:
    sssocialservice wrote:I will be at Maryland Deathfest...

so will a whole bunch of us: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=637

Hmm, it's almost as if you are suggesting that this is a redundant thread..?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:21 pm

It's my nice kinda a d gentile way of doing so :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

I got my airfare! I have to fly into DCA/Ronald Regan. And out of there. Take the shuttle to Baltimore (around 37 miles). I get in Weds May 25th at 10:12pm. :) And then fly home on Tuesday at 6:45am (ewwwwwwww) But at least I will have Monday to recover....... :cheers:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 am

Arrive Friday 5pm, leaving Monday around 2pm (I forget :lol: ). But I didn't pick an early morning flight so I can relax and eat breakfast with people before leaving. :mrgreen:

As we get closer we should coordinate a head count and what days/times we'll all get together for lunch/dinner(s).

Which reminds me, I going to officially start going through all the bands playing and listening to their material today in preparation. :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:49 am

We'll be driving in on Friday and planning on getting into town around 3pm. We're going to the Friday shows. We'll leave some time on Monday. Not too late since it's about an 8 hour drive and I've gotta work on Tuesday. Depending on flight times, we may even be nice enough to drive some people to/from the airport. ;)

Can't freakin' wait! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:52 am

KevinP wrote:Arrive Friday 5pm, leaving Monday around 2pm (I forget :lol: ). But I didn't pick an early morning flight so I can relax and eat breakfast with people before leaving. :mrgreen:

As we get closer we should coordinate a head count and what days/times we'll all get together for lunch/dinner(s).

Which reminds me, I going to officially start going through all the bands playing and listening to their material today in preparation. :deathmetal:

Yes, a nice relaxing breakfast is in order, not the "Hey, they're gonna kick us off the boat soon. I should eat something to soak up all this booze in my belly." breakfast that was the last day of the cruise.

I've already got a playlist together with all the MDF bands whos stuff I have. There's many more shows before MDF, though. :death:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:40 am

Bentz! wrote:We'll be driving in on Friday and planning on getting into town around 3pm. We're going to the Friday shows. We'll leave some time on Monday. Not too late since it's about an 8 hour drive and I've gotta work on Tuesday. Depending on flight times, we may even be nice enough to drive some people to/from the airport. ;)

Can't freakin' wait! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

that would be rad - would chip in gas money if it works out. we haven't booked out flight yet - but Nick and i are Ohio-born and bred and we call first dibs on the Ohio Baltimore express!

if it's not convenient for rides we will still hang at the fest for sure! we might try to get flights around when Kevin booked his.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm

rhiawiz wrote: Nick and i are Ohio-born and bred and we call first dibs on the Ohio Baltimore express!

if it's not convenient for rides we will still hang at the fest for sure! we might try to get flights around when Kevin booked his.

The Ohio card won't get you any favors from me. :D I'm a life long Michigander. I just live really close to the border and work in Toledo, Ohio.

The Metalhead card goes much further with me, anyway. :headbanger: :viking:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Bentz! wrote:The Ohio card won't get you any favors from me. :D I'm a life long Michigander. I just live really close to the border and work in Toledo, Ohio.

or the Blackguard Sucks card
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:49 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:The Ohio card won't get you any favors from me. :D I'm a life long Michigander. I just live really close to the border and work in Toledo, Ohio.

or the Blackguard Sucks card

I was actually a little disappointed that they missed opening for Deicide at the Detroit show. I was curious to see what kind of reaction they'd get from a pretty much straight up death metal crowd. I'll go the Laura route and say while I think they put on a good, high energy show, their music just doesn't do it for me. I give them (and Pathology also) credit for getting on just about every tour.
    Last edited by Bentz! on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Bentz! wrote: I'll go the Laura route and say while I think they put on a good, high energy show, their music just doesn't do it for me. I give them (and Pathology also) credit for getting on just about every tour.

and you wanna play Gears of War me with tonight. How dare you!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

;)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:18 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Bentz! wrote: I'll go the Laura route and say while I think they put on a good, high energy show, their music just doesn't do it for me. I give them (and Pathology also) credit for getting on just about every tour.

and you wanna play Gears of War me with tonight. How dare you!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

;)

more like tears a war
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:more like tears a war

Dumbass fanboy :roll: :roll: :roll:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 pm

KevinP wrote:and you wanna play Gears of War me with tonight. How dare you!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ;)

Wished I could join you guys and freak Kevin out with my suicidal adventures going all maniac outfront and into the fray...*revs his chainsaw*

Taking cover is sooooo overrated! :P Or not a PC shooter kind of thing as I'm faster with a mouse and keyboard. *has to get used to this "slow and cover"-playmode* ;)

I'll practice with the single player this week so we can go full out this weekend...KAMIKAZEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:more like tears a war

Dumbass fanboy :roll: :roll: :roll:

ok now that you saw that, watch this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqScdMJljSU&feature=related

before you watch it, please sit thru the original make it that much better

Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Inquisitor wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    sheila wrote:I think about this trip every day now!!!! Can't wait to finally meet everyone!!! :death:

Meet me LAST then, cause everything else will pale by comparison. :death: :lol: :death:

Meet him last because just being around him makes you want to off yourself....

LOL.... this was a good one!!!! :P

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 pm

I will drive the 15-20 minutes to the MDF!!! \m/

FUCK SHIT UP! :deathmetal:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:I will drive the 15-20 minutes to the MDF!!! \m/

do you know if they have shuttle express from DCA (Ronald Regan airport) to Baltimore???????? :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:I will drive the 15-20 minutes to the MDF!!! \m/

do you know if they have shuttle express from DCA (Ronald Regan airport) to Baltimore???????? :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 am

Since we have people coming in on Thursday and Friday at different times are we going to plan a lunch/dinner on Saturday and/or Sunday ? (are there any plans for Thursday/Friday yet ?)

Everyone feel free to list what day/time you get in and if you would like to attend the "meal" ?

Anyone have a choice/recommendation where we should go ? If I can get a head count I'll make a reservation.

The shows start at anywhere from 1-3pm each day, so does that cause a conflict with anyone ? Not many of the opening bands that I care about and would rather eat with you "peeps" than sit through "grind/death band X"

Bentz! and I thank you in advance for your cooperation ;) :mrgreen: ;)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Drivin down early thurs morn . Should be there bout 3ish..leavin mon morn... It's a 7 hour drive. Can't wait! We will have our car so if anyone needs a quick ride to get to their motel I'm sure we could help...:) :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:04 am

From the MDF Facebook page:

"Due to circumstances beyond the control of the band (yeah, we know that can mean many different things), GOATSNAKE has canceled their appearance at MDF.
    As a result, GHOST (Sweden) will be making their US debut at at the festival, but please note that they will be playing on SUNDAY, and not on Friday."

FUCK YEAH!!!!

Sure they don't wear Grandfather Clocks on their heads, but....
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:36 am

Bentz! wrote:"Due to circumstances beyond the control of the band (yeah, we know that can mean many different things), GOATSNAKE has canceled their appearance at MDF..."

Nothing against ghost but that news would have just destroyed my day if I'd been planning to go. Still wish I was joining you guys for the fun but relieved I didn't go to any lengths to plan for this only to lose one of the main draws (for me). <phew>
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 am

Bentz! wrote:From the MDF Facebook page:

"Due to circumstances beyond the control of the band (yeah, we know that can mean many different things), GOATSNAKE has canceled their appearance at MDF.
    As a result, GHOST (Sweden) will be making their US debut at at the festival, but please note that they will be playing on SUNDAY, and not on Friday."

FUCK YEAH!!!!

Sure they don't wear Grandfather Clocks on their heads, but....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THAT IS AWESOME. WOOHOO.

Even though it's grandfather clock-less, it's still Skeleton Priest-FULL :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 am

It's nothing against Goatsnake, but Ghost just seems to be more of a "spectacle" to me.

We may even be able to figure out who they really are.... oooooohhh!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:30 am

Bentz! wrote:It's nothing against Goatsnake, but Ghost just seems to be more of a "spectacle" to me.

We may even be able to figure out who they really are.... oooooohhh!

Apparently a few members of Repugnant, who is already on the bill. Hence why it's a lower cost replacement.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:52 am

Looks like you can Pre-order your shirts for MDF and pick them up at the show.
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marylanddeathfest.com%2Fstore.html&h=eebf5
    (I can't check the site since I'm at work and the site is blocked here)

UMC, take note!
Post Reply 298 posts