Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1
Colored shoelaces code in metal scene?
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

Colored shoelaces code in metal scene?

by AstridDragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:21 pm

So, guys, I've never heard of this shit outside of the leather/kink scene.

My friend and I went to a Cannibal Corpse show last night, and he got jumped and beaten BECAUSE HIS BOOT LACES WERE RED.

People said that's code for Neonazi.

Anyone heard anything like this? Were these people just being angry twats?

The other dude supposedly was beaten for having a swastika patch, I didn't see anyone with one though. All I saw that night was a shirt with a swastika that had a prohibited symbol over it (the red circle with the angled bar)

Side note, worst crowd I've ever experienced. Rude, pushy, people in the pit were punching and kicking, two people got beaten. 8+ cops in the building as the show closed, four squad cars out front and at least 6 out back, three people arrested (thankfully).
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Colored shoelaces code in metal scene?

by Phoenix » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Yeah, I've heard of that. I forget where, but that is in fact a type of flagging.

Side note though, that's VERY different from the leather kind of flagging. Theirs is entirely bandanas or kerchiefs. Boots are a subculture thing, but that might just be why I know you never use red laces.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Phoenix wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm Yeah, I've heard of that. I forget where, but that is in fact a type of flagging.

Side note though, that's VERY different from the leather kind of flagging. Theirs is entirely bandanas or kerchiefs. Boots are a subculture thing, but that might just be why I know you never use red laces.
    Leather culture flags using laces too, actually! But yes it's more common with bandanas.

I just had no idea it was a metal culture thing too...
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm Leather culture flags using laces too, actually! But yes it's more common with bandanas.

Huh! Not in my area they don't. Must be a local choice.

I don't think it's a metal culture thing, I think it's a neonazi thing (the red laces specifically). The overlap between metal and kink is higher than most, so I trust metal folk to be more aware of these things than some others. Go figure.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Phoenix wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 pm
    AstridDragon wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm Leather culture flags using laces too, actually! But yes it's more common with bandanas.

Huh! Not in my area they don't. Must be a local choice.

I don't think it's a metal culture thing, I think it's a neonazi thing (the red laces specifically). The overlap between metal and kink is higher than most, so I trust metal folk to be more aware of these things than some others. Go figure.
    Oh I see, not a metal scene thing, just a neonazi thing.

Fuck though, seems like red laces could easily be really popular. He had nothing else on to indicate alliance to that group. Not even bald or anything. Just average very friendly dude in jeans and a t-shirt, holding the edge of the pit. And we're talking nice boots too, not combat boots/doc martens kinda style.

Good info to have for the future though, damn.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 am

boots with red laces = nazi... will be punched
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:45 am

DrinkMoxie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 am boots with red laces = nazi... will be punched
    There were (are?) other shoelace colors that used to be used by different groups (straight-edge, etc.) , but I can't remember all of them. It's been a long time.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:09 pm

thank god, I'll be wearing flipflops most of the time...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1