Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Lords of Chaos
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Lords of Chaos

by Malaka » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:42 am

I've read the book but has anyone seen the movie? I saw it this past weekend, and I'm curious what anyone else (besides Varg) thinks about it. I thought it was a good effort by Jonas Akerlund, and probably his biggest film yet. It kept me engaged for most of the duration of the film, but something was missing from it... oh yeah, actual metalheads.
    Despite some inconsistencies and MANY missing parts to the story, I'd give it a solid 7/10. It was worth watching, but I wouldn't pay to see it again.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Tiki108
    Crewman

Re: Lords of Chaos

by Tiki108 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 pm

I'm debating going to see it this week. I think the thing that will annoy me the most is that everyone has American accents.

Varg's videos about it are hilarious at least.
    70K: 2014
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Trveheim: 2018

2020_Wishlist:
      Aeternus-/-Ahab-/-Almah-/-Angel.Dust-/-Astral.Doors-/-At.The.Gates-/-Avantasia-/-Avatarium-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Behemoth-/-Black.Majesty-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carpathian.Forest-/-Circle.II.Circle-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Coffins-/-Conception-/-Crystal.Eyes-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Fortress-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Darkthrone-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Dragonland-/-Dream.Evil-/-Dream.Theater-/-Edguy-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epysode-/-Exhorder-/-Falkenbach-/-Forest.Stream-/-Gamma.Ray-/-God.Dethroned-/-Grailknights-/-Grand.Magus-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hammerfail-/-Heaven.Shall.Burn-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Impaled.Nazarene-/-Insomnium-/-Iron.Savior-/-Isole-/-Jag.Panzer-/-Kalmah-/-Katatonia-/-King.Diamond-/-Kreator-/-Lacrimosa-/-Legion.of.the.Damned-/-Lunatica-/-Marduk-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Mortification-/-Mournful.Congregation-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nocturnal.Rites-/-Now.or.Never-/-Powerwolf-/-Psyclon.Nine-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Savatage-/-Saviour.Machine-/-Serenity.in.Murder-/-Seven.Witches-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Sodom-/-Stratovarius-/-Svart.Crown-/-Taake-/-Tad.Morose-/-Triptykon-/-Týr-/-Ulcerate-/-Unisonic-/-Vanishing.Point-/-Virgin.Black-/-Voyager-/-Whispered-/-Wolfheart-/-Wuthering.Heights-/-Zornheym
      cegr80
      Midshipman

Re: Lords of Chaos

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Watched it at the movies this past Friday. I liked it. I thought it was amusing. I was not expecting a documentary, so I'm OK with how it came out
      2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
      2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701
      2019: Survivor - Cabin #7340

2020 Wishlist: Alkaloid+Arcturus+Augury+Avatar+Be'lakor+Belzebubs+BlackCrownInitiate+Borknagar+Candlemass+CthoniC+DimmuBorgir+Emperor+FirstFragment+Galaktikon+Gorod+Helmet+Ihsahn+Inferi+IrreversibleMechanism+Kaoteon+KeepOfKalessin+LochVostok+Melechesh+Micawber+Nightwish+NovembersDoom+NocnyKochanek+Prong+Pyrexia+Sarke+ShapeTheAbove+Shining(Nor)+Slugdge+SulphurAeon+TheKovenant+TombMold+Virvum+Wardehns
    Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1