Post Reply 14413 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:True. Got any super rare Sentenced items? ;)

Nope, never heard a Sentenced song I enjoyed, so never bought any

Do you recall if you heard them as death metal or their latter, softer stuff?

I heard a lot of their stuff... just didn't do it for me
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:56 am

Norther - Death unlimited
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 am

Thanks, Kevin, for introducing the band! How else would I find girlie metal? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:20 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Laura wrote:Image

checked this out of the library on a whim, and really digging these guys - bet they'd be awesome live.

I'd love to see them. They're huuuuuuuge in Boston.

Ha - I bet! I really blew it that I didn't see them at one of the two sold-out shows at a large venue called the Congress Theater early last year. I had heard their name before, but hadn't listened to them - so didn't bother. As I recall, it was last February and the same month as many other shows here too such as Ensiferum, Immortal, and Eluveitie.

Here is a fun video of them performing at Fenway Park in 2010 "I'm shipping off to Boston." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghYrYXvy2wY&feature=fvst

Also love this song "State of Massachusetts" from the album I checked out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvcslW21lQ A banjo and an accordian - yay!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:27 am

I often play this game with myself on the home computer before I head out the door for the day - hit shuffle on iTunes and see what song comes up first as a "mood-setter" for the day.
    And I got....
    Korpiklaani: Bring Us Pints of Beer :lol: :cheers: Even though I don't plan on drinking any beer today, I like it!

and nice second and third ones as well: Sweetness Follows by R.E.M. and Let Me Go by Heaven 17.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 am

these 2 cds on random (right now "Into The Fire") :shred: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 am

oops, double post
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am

Fuck yes Bill! Not Days of Defiance though? It wasn't bad. New album is gonna sound like Symphony X.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 am

Laura wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

checked this out of the library on a whim, and really digging these guys - bet they'd be awesome live.

I'd love to see them. They're huuuuuuuge in Boston.

Ha - I bet! I really blew it that I didn't see them at one of the two sold-out shows at a large venue called the Congress Theater early last year. I had heard their name before, but hadn't listened to them - so didn't bother. As I recall, it was last February and the same month as many other shows here too such as Ensiferum, Immortal, and Eluveitie.

Here is a fun video of them performing at Fenway Park in 2010 "I'm shipping off to Boston." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghYrYXvy2wY&feature=fvst

Also love this song "State of Massachusetts" from the album I checked out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvcslW21lQ A banjo and an accordian - yay!

You will hear that song at EVERY Boston sporting event :lol: Ken Casey owns a bar in Boston that I really need to get my ass to at some point.

State of Massachusetts is a great song too
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 pm

^^^^ nice!

NP: The Smiths: How Soon is Now?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5HpeA_WSo

love this - the woman in the video and the way she dances make me think of me in the 80s :mrgreen: :P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Laura wrote:^^^^ nice!

love this - the woman in the video and the way she dances make me think of me in the 80s :mrgreen: :P

Love that song :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

nice - I would not have thought many "coughs* younger folks would know or care much about the Smiths. (although I know 30-ish soundcurve Mike is a big fan)
    another fave and then I should prolly turn in cause it's past 11:30 pm here...

There is a Light that Never Goes Out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgXzChwipY

Take me out tonight
    Where there's music and there's people
    Who are young and alive
    Driving in your car
    I never never want to go home
    Because I haven't got one anymore

Take me out tonight
    Because I want to see people
    And I want to see life
    Driving in your car
    Oh please don't drop me home
    Because it's not my home, it's their home
    And I'm welcome no more

And if a double-decker bus
    Crashes into us
    To die by your side
    Is such a heavenly way to die
    And if a ten ton truck
    Kills the both of us
    To die by your side
    Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

Take me out tonight
    Take me anywhere, I don't care
    I don't care, I don't care
    And in the darkened underpass
    I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last
    But then a strange fear gripped me
    And I just couldn't ask

Take me out tonight
    Oh take me anywhere, I don't care
    I don't care, I don't care
    Driving in your car
    I never never want to go home
    Because I haven't got one
    No, I haven't got one

And if a double-decker bus
    Crashes in to us
    To die by your side
    Is such a heavenly way to die
    And if a ten ton truck
    Kills the both of us
    To die by your side
    Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

There is a light that never goes out
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:55 pm

They are an awesome LIVE band. They have played St. Patrick’s Day and the Irish Fair in St. Paul. They are a Blast. You really have to catch them some time. This is one of my favorite songs of theirs.
    http://youtu.be/_ZN3weW1udE
    Very Funny. Nothing like a fat woman on a cold night. LOL :wank:

Even the mayor of St. Paul loves them, for it was the mayor that got them them to play at the Irish Fair.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:Fuck yes Bill! Not Days of Defiance though? It wasn't bad. New album is gonna sound like Symphony X.

I liked it (I like all their cds)... but those 2 just have that perfect balance for me

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 am

Primordial - Redemption at the Puritan’s Hand
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 am

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:19 am

rocking out to some Coroner....so awesome to see them last summer and this Jan!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Laura wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

nice - I would not have thought many "coughs* younger folks would know or care much about the Smiths. (although I know 30-ish soundcurve Mike is a big fan)
    another fave and then I should prolly turn in cause it's past 11:30 pm here...

Don't know too many songs but "How soon is now" I like a lot :D
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Tiamat-Brighter than the sun
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Tiamat-Brighter than the sun

Me too! :death:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:02 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Tiamat-Brighter than the sun

Me too! :death:

What a coinkidink!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:06 am

gnoff wrote:This Ending - Parasites

Very nice band (of course since I like it it is Swedish melodic death...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0t9qqhb0xA

i just checked this out...i'm definitely not into the vox....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 am

the new Sigh "In Somniphobia" :shock: :ugeek: :boobs: :| :mrgreen: :shred: :oops: :deathhorns: :wank: :shock:

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:the new Sigh "In Somniphobia" :shock: :ugeek: :boobs: :| :mrgreen: :shred: :oops: :deathhorns: :wank: :shock:

And of course it's really weird :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 am

Sentenced-Desert by night
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:08 pm

The Gathering-Souvernirs
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:33 am

Tiamat- in a dream
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 am

Moonsorrow - koyvjoailaie garvjeinaen

...i literally just mashed the keyboard and it looks like finnish!

Now im listening to ijaliejkdlia fbiouajiearja
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am

Stained Class wrote:Moonsorrow - koyvjoailaie garvjeinaen

Haha... At first I was wondering what song that was because I couldn't remember the title :lol:
    But I guess it was Köyliönjärven Jäällä ;)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 am

MadameLePink wrote:

Haha... At first I was wondering what song that was because I couldn't remember the title :lol:

:lol: Yeah that was it, I got half way through and just said fuck it and hit random keys. Close enough.

now playing: Moonsorrow - slijeaiovengai ijsopeisldjliovnfio
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:13 am

Stained Class wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

:lol: Yeah that was it, I got half way through and just said fuck it and hit random keys. Close enough.

now playing: Moonsorrow - slijeaiovengai ijsopeisldjliovnfio

:lol: That does look very Finnish
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 am

Lots of I's, O's and silent letters and you've got yourself some Finnish nonsense!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:13 pm

A perfect Circle-Thomas
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Beseech-Beyond the skies
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 am

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 am

Arkan - Salam
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:03 am

The first band Laura and I travelled to see together <3
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 am

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am

Oh, fuck, is that out? Must listen.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 am

Stained Class wrote:

Oh, fuck, is that out? Must listen.

Just came out today
Post Reply 14413 posts