Post Reply 14354 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:54 pm

RHAPSODY OF FIRE!! :D

Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Volume 2.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:54 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Warphine wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:.....
    Guys, I respect both of your opinions on music so I have to ask.
    I do recognize this cover, Who is it? :oops:

Abyssal - Novit Enim Dominus Qui Sunt Eius

When someone posts an image of an album without any band markings on it, I usually just right click and say "Search google for this image" and then I can see who it is. That's only if you are using Google Chrome though. Pretty handy! :cheers:

You just beat me to replying. :lol:

Yeah, the newer album is Abyssal - Antikatastaseis.

Ok, Bought this one as it was the only one I could get off of ITunes at this moment and I do ove it.
    Thanks again guys but B. might have to knock you done a notch for your hatred for the Filth :smash:
    We all know Dani is an ass, but he has some good stuff under his belt :oops: :mrgreen: :shots: :lol:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:55 am

Finally getting around to checking out this album. I still love Lamb of God. I don't give a shit what other elitist metal pricks think of them.

Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:24 am

Now listening to one of my favorite albums from the past 5 years... if you like it heavy, you have to check these guys out. They are one of the few bands where I like every song they've put out (2 LPs and 1 EP).

Not to mention they fuckin' kill live. Would LOVE these guys on the boat.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Warphine wrote:Now listening to one of my favorite albums from the past 5 years... if you like it heavy, you have to check these guys out. They are one of the few bands where I like every song they've put out (2 LPs and 1 EP).

Not to mention they fuckin' kill live. Would LOVE these guys on the boat.

I love this band. For those unfamiliar, they sound like early Entombed & Dismember. I think the new album comes out in late September! They are living in Seattle now. Maybe Andy can grab them late when he seems to grab a bunch of the US based bands.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:18 pm

Voices - London. Former members of Akercocke

1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Voices - London. Former members of Akercocke

Again u preform with Great Music :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:30 pm

been totally progging out lately :cool:

Many years ago, a friend of mine burned me copies of the first few albums by Swedish prog group Änglagård* and I listened to them quite a bit at the time - cool, trippy stuff. Now that I'm going to see them for the first time on Cruise to the Edge in November, started listening to them again with a live album I'd not heard before called Buried Alive (pictured above)
    *described by wiki as: a Swedish progressive rock band, with influences including King Crimson, Genesis, Trettioåriga Kriget, Schicke Führs Fröhling, and Van der Graaf Generator.

Another group I've been listening to quite a bit - actually one album in particular ( :shock: can't believe I never listened to them before!) is another CTTE band: Marillion.
    I am crazy about this one!! (and especially the opening long track Invisible Man - brilliant!!)

Invisible Man (lyric video) by Marillion - CHECK THIS OUT!! (13 plus minutes of pure awesome) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pth6jYEOEns

To boot, recent adds to the CTTE line-up are The Neal Morse Band and HAKEN. In addition, Mike Portnoy will play drums for Neal's band and will be involved in a tribute to the late Chris Squire of Yes. I am a huge fan of both Neal and Haken, so this is a thrill. As I've said elsewhere, I know a cruise like CTTE is likely of little interest to most folks here, but to a prog fan like myself (ranging from the old school prog rock of my youth to the new prog masters of today like Haken) - this is a great line-up, and partly like a Progressive Nation at Sea part 2 for me since many from PNAS are on CTTE's line-up including Anathema, Haken, Spock's Beard, Bigelf, Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Jolly, and Thank You Scientist. Usually I'm not big on "repeats" so to speak, but in each of these cases, they are welcome. Plus there are several other bands on that line-up I've not seen before that I'm very much looking forward to like Allan Holdsworth, Three Friends (Gentle Giant), Marillion, Caravan, Nektar, Anglagard and more, that I know it will be a great time. And then there is Yes (albeit missing a few key original members), probably the single most influential band on my developing musical taste as a young child of 10 or so when I heard Close to the Edge for the first time. So yep, metal fests are taking a "back seat" for me again this year - but I'll be back! :headbanger: :beerbang: (someday :P )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:28 pm

CRADLE OF FILTH - Nymphetamine

I have an iTunes playlist made up of music in my collection from all the bands on the 70K lineup.

2015 playlist, all 60 bands - 898 songs

2016 playlist, only 25 of 60 bands announced - 960 songs

Shows how much this lineup is suiting my taste!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Been wanting to check these guys out for a while but never got around to it. The latest clues have given me enough incentive to finally give them a proper listen. Very impressed, would definitely love to have these guys on broad! :death:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:Image

Been wanting to check these guys out for a while but never got around to it. The latest clues have given me enough incentive to finally give them a proper listen. Very impressed, would definitely love to have these guys on broad! :death:

What I've heard of Dark Fortress is awesome. A guy named Erik from AZ who used to post on the forum a lot mentioned them years ago and I gave a listen at the time since I love all things black metal (metal-wise- I'm pretty much largely a black, prog & folk metal fan with some combos & exceptions here & there).
    Since they've never been to the US as far as I know, I think it would be quite the major coup if Andy snagged them for 70K. :beerhorns:
    A cool vid from DF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNloyxCofts&sns=em
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Warphine wrote:Finally getting around to checking out this album. I still love Lamb of God. I don't give a shit what other elitist metal pricks think of them.

Haha re your "elitist metal pricks" comment.....yeah, I don't get the Lamb of God hate. I think they are amazing - although I must admit it has been a while since I followed them. The big moment for me was buying Sacrament many years ago and seeing them at the old Congress Theater (now closed) soon after. It was an absolutely great show - very powerful, heavy & gritty. I prefer(ed) listening to and seeing them far more than so many other "big" metal acts I've seen (and who I know are much loved by many) like Iron Maiden, Slayer, Grave Digger, King Diamond, Bolt Thrower and more. But that's just me - I know we all have our own unique interests and tastes. Other groups I put in that "powerful, heavy & gritty" category* that I absolutely love on record & especially live are Machine Head, Black Label Society, Stone Sour, and High on Fire.
    *specific metal-genre category not withstanding - ha - and not counting black, Prog & folk metal bands I'm crazy about - too many to name there. ;)

Lamb of God: Walk With Me in Hell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkhCxCcWSE&sns=em
    Last edited by Laura on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:Been wanting to check these guys out for a while but never got around to it. The latest clues have given me enough incentive to finally give them a proper listen. Very impressed, would definitely love to have these guys on broad! :death:

They are definitely worth the listen. Glad you got to check them out.

You should check out the album that came out before Venereal Dawn next.

It's incredible.

Here are some fast tracks from the album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xK7Bvc1JJw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnfsFntz4A

and a slower track from the album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbn83OnFfE

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 am

Travis Ryan is still one of the best death metal vocalists ever. Dude does so much vocally, deep gutturals, shrieking highs, violent low-mid growls, and even clean singing.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Listening to High on Fire today since I mentioned them in a previous post and it had been a while. I really love this band - it's funny how certain bands just click with me pretty much from the start and others (and some complete genres for the most part :P ) ....nuthin.' And damn - they're playing Chicago next week and I'm going to have to miss that gig - I think Sgt. B said he is seeing them in his hometown. Oh well, I've seen them three times, as well as Matt's other band Sleep last summer.

High on Fire: Rumors of War https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w
    High on Fire: Hung Drawn and Quartered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsXYwrZxV8
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:05 pm

I never used to like High on Fire much, but then De Vermis Mysteriis came out and I really liked that record. And the new one is awesome too.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Goddammit. With the news that came to light recently, this band really bums me out. I'm so torn on them... I love their music and was a fan for many years. I saw them live once and they were great too.

But now, everything has changed. It's hard to listen to them knowing what we know now.

With that said, I really dug this album...

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Laura wrote:Listening to High on Fire today .... - I think Sgt. B said he is seeing them in his hometown. Oh well, I've seen them three times, as well as Matt's other band Sleep last summer.

I will be going to see High on Fire next Monday. 21st time seeing them live. :D

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:31 am

The new Crimson Sun album that was just released yesterday. Girlie metal and quite good at that.
    https://play.spotify.com/album/4vTpHsSXxbmJoZS941STdy

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:20 am

Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:02 am

Memnoch wrote:The new Crimson Sun album that was just released yesterday. Girlie metal and quite good at that.
    https://play.spotify.com/album/4vTpHsSXxbmJoZS941STdy

Oh thanks dude, I hadn't heard of them I just checked them out on YouTube I'll be checking out the album while I'm at work tonight they seem pretty good!
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:12 am

Warphine wrote:[You should check out the album that came out before Venereal Dawn next.

It's incredible.

Here are some fast tracks from the album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xK7Bvc1JJw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnfsFntz4A

and a slower track from the album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbn83OnFfE

Thanks for the suggestion! Ylem indeed is a great album as well, really really like the track "Osiris". I checked out the album before this one "Eidolon" as well and it is pretty good too!

I'm looking forward to Samael but am a bit bummed out that the Alps clue seems to be pointing in that direction now instead of towards these guys.....
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Running Wild - Conquistadores
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:Thanks for the suggestion! Ylem indeed is a great album as well, really really like the track "Osiris". I checked out the album before this one "Eidolon" as well and it is pretty good too!

I'm looking forward to Samael but am a bit bummed out that the Alps clue seems to be pointing in that direction now instead of towards these guys.....

Glad you dug my suggestions. Yes, Eidolon is amazing too. The band is just all around very impressive. I hope to see them live in the States someday. I messaged them via FB and told them that 70k'ers and MDF'ers have requested them many times over. As far as I know, they've never played over here before. It needs to happen. NOW.

Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:13 am

Gloryhammer - Universe on Fire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzMD065HEk
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:42 am

Firespawn just released their first video.. Solid death metal right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D225qOxugc&feature=youtu.be

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:23 am

OGOTAY from Poland... this is some seriously savage shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70gMjIEmNc

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:07 am

Warphine wrote:OGOTAY from Poland... this is some seriously savage shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70gMjIEmNc

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

They are pretty damned awesome. And surprisingly non-Polish sounding.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm really loving this British band. :D

Haha - this is quite a description:
    IO Earth is a Symphonic Rock - Art Rock - Progressive Rock Band

This band seamlessly blends styles like Rock, Ambient, Jazz, Classical, World, Dance, Progressive Rock, Celtic, Folk, Contemporary, Metal, Crossover Prog many many more.

"IO Earth are one of the most eclectic & pioneering bands of the 21st century"

http://www.ioearth.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Watching Rick Wakeman's "Journey To The Centre of the Earth".

:D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Cradle Of Filth - All on Shuffle
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Warphine wrote:Firespawn just released their first video.. Solid death metal right here...

Okay, This one Is pretty damn good :shred:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 am

Azazel101 wrote:
    Warphine wrote:Firespawn just released their first video.. Solid death metal right here...

Okay, This one Is pretty damn good :shred:

Yes it is. Band is made up of members from Entombed & Necrophobic.

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 am

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 am

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:31 am

Full stream of the new ruthless Adversarial album! Sucks I missed them at MDF this year. Conflicts are a bitch sometimes.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/adversarial-new-album-2015

Last edited by Warphine on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:32 am

Desolate Shrine - The Heart of the Netherworld

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:32 am

Sgt. B wrote:Desolate Shrine - The Heart of the Netherworld

Great choice! :headbanger:

Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:52 pm

2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:17 am

Imperial Age - Warrior Race :headbanger:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
Post Reply 14354 posts