Post Reply 14529 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:09 am

Love this! :D Would make an amazing add to the boat but they are playing a show during the cruise :cry:

http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/journey-blind-2

70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-CARCASS-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed.A.D.-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Firespawn-/-Gatecreeper-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:48 am

Been slamming out to this awesome brutal death band that I never heard before this morning.

SPLITWIG...

Features such feel good tracks as "Abcessed Fuckhole Cunnilingus" and "Fuck It To Death, Then Fuck It Again".

Be sure to tell your mom! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdEYyyY3YuM

Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:23 pm

MissTool wrote:Found this band yesterday. Love it!
    http://forn.bandcamp.com/album/weltschmerz

Only listened to the first track so far, but I love it too! Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I remember their first album "The Departure of Consciousness" and really liking it but never listening to it a second time. I'm going to remedy that.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:41 pm

this fucking rocks \m/
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Laura wrote:the latest by the band Intronaut called The Direction of Last Things...

jackpot! :headbanger: love it.

This is the first time I've listened to this band...I'd heard the name before but they only became front and center on my radar a few days ago when I saw they will be headlining a tour with a huge favorite of mine - The Ocean. I've read that each of their other recordings are unique in their own right, so it will be interesting to hear the others next.

they're a really good band, and they've been around for a good while... you definitely won't be disappointed when you see them

:headbanger: Thanks Bill! Yep - I'm loving this band!!

Now listening to (for about the 10th time or so):

For now, I won't go on and on about Bowie - another big favorite of mine from my youth - but I must highly recommend this album to anyone who is interested. To me, he transformed his impending death into a creative work of art and I find it quite extraordinary.

http://youtu.be/y-JqH1M4Ya8
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:40 am

np: The Silence - In Thy Embrace
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:29 am

Warphine wrote:
    MissTool wrote:Found this band yesterday. Love it!
    http://forn.bandcamp.com/album/weltschmerz

Only listened to the first track so far, but I love it too! Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I remember their first album "The Departure of Consciousness" and really liking it but never listening to it a second time. I'm going to remedy that.

Your welcome. I dig funeral doom, so I really enjoyed this band. The first track is killer.

Found another band today. For those who like ISIS, Cult of Luna and alikes, you might enjoy:

https://seventhofficial.bandcamp.com/releases
    Doomicus
    Wiper

by Doomicus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:11 pm

http://youtu.be/-89xJ7YCOa8
    Yeah!! Last workday before cruise over.
    Driving home listening to Goatsnake. Killer song this one!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:15 pm

DEFINITELY already a strong contender for album of the year!!!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:59 pm

A Ha - Take on Me

I'm at work, thinking about leaving work so I can watch both football games. :dreams:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Martin Lopez is back, baby!

EDIT: This is an early contender for album of the year, IMO.

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/omnipotent-transdimensional-soulfire

Last edited by Warphine on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm a year late to this party, but what a fucking cool party it is!

DEATH THRASH!!!!

https://unspeakableaxerecords.bandcamp.com/album/endless-asphyxiating-gloom

Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Been listening to a lot of Bloodbath :death:

DrinkMoxie wrote:DEFINITELY already a strong contender for album of the year!!!

Just picked it up on Amazon, can't wait to listen to it tomorrow!
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Warphine wrote:Martin Lopez is back, baby!

EDIT: This is an early contender for album of the year, IMO.

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/omnipotent-transdimensional-soulfire

Agree 100%. Bought this one a couple weeks ago after listening to Will to Harm. Awesome album and I think this one will be in the rotation for some time to come. :death:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-CARCASS-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed.A.D.-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Firespawn-/-Gatecreeper-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    danmunchie
    Oiler

by danmunchie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:54 am

New Voyager song "Misery is only Company" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3K4_4Bpn6M
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:09 am

Daenerys wrote:Been listening to a lot of Bloodbath :death:

DrinkMoxie wrote:DEFINITELY already a strong contender for album of the year!!!

Just picked it up on Amazon, can't wait to listen to it tomorrow!

almost as good as Urd

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Braveheart soundtrack
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:43 pm

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:28 am

Alternating between Vastum's Hole Below album (which is SO damn good) and David Bowie's Blackstar :cry:
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:02 am

Gratch wrote:Alternating between Vastum's Hole Below album (which is SO damn good) and David Bowie's Blackstar :cry:

I liked the new Vastum too but I'm even more impressed with your addition of Obsequiae on your wish list. I would be blown away if they got announced. Seems unlikely unfortunately though. They put out one of my absolute favorite albums last year. One that I will be jamming for years to come.

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:16 am

Warphine wrote:
    Gratch wrote:Alternating between Vastum's Hole Below album (which is SO damn good) and David Bowie's Blackstar :cry:

I liked the new Vastum too but I'm even more impressed with your addition of Obsequiae on your wish list. I would be blown away if they got announced. Seems unlikely unfortunately though. They put out one of my absolute favorite albums last year. One that I will be jamming for years to come.

Agreed, it came out of nowhere and just blew me away. Was definitely on my Top 10 from last year. List below, just for kicks. :viking:

1. Wilderun – Sleep at the Edge of Earth
    2. Sigh – Graveward
    3. Mechina – Acheron
    4. Nechochwen – Heart of Akamon
    5. Amiensus – Ascension
    6. Khemmis – Absolution
    7. Amorphis – Under the Red Cloud
    8. Obsequiae – Aria of Vernal Tombs
    9. Panopticon – Autumn Eternal
    10. Bell Witch – Four Phantoms

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:50 am

I listened to 9 out of those 10 albums you mentioned, the one I missed was your number one (Wilderun – Sleep at the Edge of Earth), so I'm checking it out now.

Pretty cool so far. Thanks!

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:00 am

Warphine wrote:I listened to 9 out of those 10 albums you mentioned, the one I missed was your number one (Wilderun – Sleep at the Edge of Earth), so I'm checking it out now.

Pretty cool so far. Thanks!

Think Turisas, Opeth, and Alestorm put into a blender and you're most of the way there. The folks over at Angry Metal Guy (my go-to metal blog) agreed...they put it at #1 on their list as well.

It came as a total surprise, since I thought their debut album ("Olden Tales and Deathly Trails") was a godawful cheesefest.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 am

Gratch wrote:

5. Amiensus – Ascension

All locally based bands for me. :cool:

Amiensus has been out playing shows in the last year. Obsequiae has now played a few local shows. I have seen both of them at least once. Still waiting for a local Panopticon show.

Tanner from Obsequiae works with Austin from Panopticon at a local brewery. They are putting on a second festival this March.
    http://hammerheartbrewing.com/Articles/ ... ablot.html.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:11 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Gratch wrote:

5. Amiensus – Ascension

Amiensus has been out playing shows in the last year. Obsequiae has now played a few local shows. I have seen both of them at least once. Still waiting for a local Panopticon show.

Tanner from Obsequiae works with Austin from Panopticon at a local brewery. They are putting on a second festival this March.

Huh, I always thought Austin was from Kentucky. Or maybe I just assumed because of the strong bluegrass elements of his music.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:25 am

Sgt B... convince them to get on 70k in the future so I can have the chance to see them! :)

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:34 am

Gratch wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:
    Gratch wrote:

5. Amiensus – Ascension

Huh, I always thought Austin was from Kentucky. Or maybe I just assumed because of the strong bluegrass elements of his music.

I think he's only been in Minnesota for a couple of years. Sgt. B, I don't think you'll get a Panopticon show unless he finds a backing band. It's a one man project.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:53 am

Yea, I think somewhere around 3-5 years. Not sure how old the brewery he helped found is.

I know a few people have been talking with him about trying to get a local show. He hasn't said yes, but also hasn't said no. He should just get Obsequiae's live lineup to back him up.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:57 am

Sgt. B wrote:Yea, I think somewhere around 3-5 years. Not sure how old the brewery he helped found is.

I know a few people have been talking with him about trying to get a local show. He hasn't said yes, but also hasn't said no. He should just get Obsequiae's live lineup to back him up.

Hopefully he'll get the itch to play his music live.

Now listening to: Falls of Rauros - The Light That Dwells in Rotten Wood
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Yes, yes it is indeed! Jammed that one earlier in the week for the first time.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:09 pm

MrCaptainMetal
    Oiler

by MrCaptainMetal » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Iced Earth - Gettysburg (really hoping to hear this on the boat!!) :shred:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M155Er6PFz0
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Warphine wrote:More awesome :deathmetal: ... this time a bit slower paced...

Blaring this one at work right now with my fingers and toes crossed that there might be the teensiest, tiniest chance that they are one of the three bands from the most recent clue.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Newest Avantasia and Borknagar. Ghostlights was actually the best Avantasia album in a while. Really digging the new Borknagar too.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 am

Easily one of the best thrash bands on the planet...

http://youtu.be/RFdggbwB2PQ

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:55 am

NCS did a retrospective(ish) on The Chasm a couple weeks ago. Been meaning to get back to them ever since, and finally got a chance to this morning. Spell of Retribution is an absolute beast of an album.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:49 pm

The Bus From Speed
    Oiler

by The Bus From Speed » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Thank the gods of metal for Spotify!
    2016 @ 3312
    2017 @ 8667
    2018 @ ????
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Post Reply 14529 posts