Post Reply 16292 posts
What are you listening to right now?
  • ida
    Crewman

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by ida » Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 am

I just don't know how to spell right now... Mercyful Fate- Black Funeral
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue May 17, 2011 10:48 am

The album Yersinia Pestis by the Norwegian band Helheim for like the 20th time since I recently bought it. I am really liking this band and had never known of them until I saw them on the bill for Hole in the Sky. They have quite a few albums and I just bought Kaoskult cold upon a friend's strong recommendation. Pretty cool they will be the band who will close out the final night of the final Hole in the Sky fest. :beerhorns:

Part 4 (Saturday, August 27, USF):
    A Perfect Vision of the Rising Northland

Immortal
    Mayhem
    Enslaved
    Virus
    Helheim
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 am

Birds chirping outside and some sort of large truck backing up somewhere .... beep beep beep beep beep.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Santana - Black magic woman
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Morbid Angel - Covenant album :deathmetal:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue May 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Scar Symmetry - Noumenon & Phenomenon
    These guys would be great to have onbroad. A cheery bunch of Swedes.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue May 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Anathema-Shroud of false
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Tue May 17, 2011 7:14 pm

KDibildox wrote:Anathema-Shroud of false

Nice, getting into the "core" of Anathema. If the CD, keep it spinning into "Fragile Dreams" and onward! :cheers:

Or I guess since Anathema, :cry:

I think I am wussin out of the 9:30 gig, but who knows. Uhg. On a work night but never seen em so would kick myself if the band breaks up (member passes) before I have a chance( like Type-O)

A main love is playing Bmore tonight and lamed outta that cause had to work late but Danzig isn't too hot these days live (and seen em alot). Still a awesome song writer though.

Eternity, Alternative 4, and Judgement was the Anathema trinity of awesomeness. Oh the memories.
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Tue May 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Anathema - Angelica

thx to Anathema post. :D
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Tue May 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:ELUVEITIE - Primordial Breath

I do like this bad, but love their more "pure" folk non-metal music.

Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvYzzUM ... 9h&index=9

even though not distorted, minors in any music/genre hit a good note with me.

Things that put you in a trance. Ex: Drudkh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chvU-c4xJ9s

Or Burzum ;)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

soundcurve wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Anathema-Shroud of false

Nice, getting into the "core" of Anathema. If the CD, keep it spinning into "Fragile Dreams" and onward! :cheers:

Or I guess since Anathema, :cry:

I think I am wussin out of the 9:30 gig, but who knows. Uhg. On a work night but never seen em so would kick myself if the band breaks up (member passes) before I have a chance( like Type-O)

A main love is playing Bmore tonight and lamed outta that cause had to work late but Danzig isn't too hot these days live (and seen em alot). Still a awesome song writer though.

Eternity, Alternative 4, and Judgement was the Anathema trinity of awesomeness. Oh the memories.

Ah yes, I think Alternative 4 is now my fave, replacing Judgement. You know they're playing DC tomorrow, right? it will only be Danny and Vincent, in an acoustic gig, because some of the other members couldn't make it- You really should go! or come see them in Chicago with Laura and I :D
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Wed May 18, 2011 2:14 am

Turisas - To Holmgard and beyond
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Wed May 18, 2011 2:32 am

gnoff wrote:Raubtier - Världsherravälde

I love Raubtier and especially Världsherravälde! I saw them at Getaway rock festival last year :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Wed May 18, 2011 8:49 am

KDibildox wrote:Ah yes, I think Alternative 4 is now my fave, replacing Judgement. You know they're playing DC tomorrow, right? it will only be Danny and Vincent, in an acoustic gig, because some of the other members couldn't make it- You really should go! or come see them in Chicago with Laura and I :D

Yea, I'd like to see them but have a final exam tonight after work that will probably run past the time it would take me to get down to DC :| . Mick Moss (the anti-matter guy) and Danny have done some pretty nice acoustic sets so I am sure it will be good. Not familiar with the headliners. I know it is Steve Wilson band and pretty surprised they are that big to play 9:30. My only fear is they aren't going to play much of the old stuff that I really like. Their new stuff is good music just not sure how much "punch" it'd have live.

If you start digging deeper into their history you'll notice them getting more doom. They still have some awesome gems though. Eternity is a cool album, very pink floyd-ish (even a cover on it) but Vincent was still get the singing thing down. "Sleepless" and "The Silent Enigma" are other good tracks. Hopefully they play at least one or the other. CoF made a pretty good cover of Sleepless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7lDulhrWtI
    Has a more sisters of mercy gothic vibe, but good, as of course the original.

As for Chicago, I need to get there some day as I hear it is the metal capital of our country. I could stop by Blake Judd's house to prevent any debauchery and have em write another Nachtmystium album. :D
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Extreme - "Mutha (Don't Wanna Go to School Today)"
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 pm

soundcurve wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Ah yes, I think Alternative 4 is now my fave, replacing Judgement. You know they're playing DC tomorrow, right? it will only be Danny and Vincent, in an acoustic gig, because some of the other members couldn't make it- You really should go! or come see them in Chicago with Laura and I :D

Yea, I'd like to see them but have a final exam tonight after work that will probably run past the time it would take me to get down to DC :| . Mick Moss (the anti-matter guy) and Danny have done some pretty nice acoustic sets so I am sure it will be good. Not familiar with the headliners. I know it is Steve Wilson band and pretty surprised they are that big to play 9:30. My only fear is they aren't going to play much of the old stuff that I really like. Their new stuff is good music just not sure how much "punch" it'd have live.

If you start digging deeper into their history you'll notice them getting more doom. They still have some awesome gems though. Eternity is a cool album, very pink floyd-ish (even a cover on it) but Vincent was still get the singing thing down. "Sleepless" and "The Silent Enigma" are other good tracks. Hopefully they play at least one or the other. CoF made a pretty good cover of Sleepless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7lDulhrWtI
    Has a more sisters of mercy gothic vibe, but good, as of course the original.

As for Chicago, I need to get there some day as I hear it is the metal capital of our country. I could stop by Blake Judd's house to prevent any debauchery and have em write another Nachtmystium album. :D

Hm..... I actually don't like the silent enigma that much, sleepless yes. Well I don't know, I picked Chicago because it's on a Friday, so I don't have to miss work :D. The other option was New York, but that seemed more complicated (and expensive). Too bad they aren't playing anywhere on the west coast.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed May 18, 2011 6:15 pm

The Lonely Island - Threw it on the Ground

Happy birthday to the ground!! Welcome to the real world jackass! New album is hilarious...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Wed May 18, 2011 9:08 pm

KDibildox wrote:Hm..... I actually don't like the silent enigma that much, sleepless yes. Well I don't know, I picked Chicago because it's on a Friday, so I don't have to miss work :D. The other option was New York, but that seemed more complicated (and expensive). Too bad they aren't playing anywhere on the west coast.

Yea, I can't say silent enigma is a fave but has some good tracks. Furthest I reminisce on is Eternity with the "Singles" from anything older. The newer stuff I put on when I might have guests over and Black metal / Death Metal won't fly hehe :D

I guess I am lazy as DC is like 1 hour (but had reasons) from Bmore but meh. I got spoiled on the 70k cruise when all I had to do was walk outta a little cabin and be front row in no time. . . . truly heaven.
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Thu May 19, 2011 5:37 am

Andy McKee - Into The Ocean
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu May 19, 2011 6:52 am

Insomnium - In the groves of death

Beer and bananas!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu May 19, 2011 9:05 am

Blind Guardian - Ashes to Ashes
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu May 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Hypocrisy- Dead Sky Dawning
  • PxDnNinja
    Petty Officer

by PxDnNinja » Thu May 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Hatredy - Dethklok (Yay Pandora)
    2011: SURVIVED
    2012: SURVIVED
    2013: SURVIVED
    2014: Waiting to Book
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu May 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Wuthering Heights - Beatifool
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 20, 2011 5:17 am

I just KNOW this is going to be a great day! :D The first song on my iPhone shuffle this morning is one of my very favorites.... :beerhorns:
    Dimmu Borgir: The Serpentine Offering
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAmMcBQavKE
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Fri May 20, 2011 7:34 am

Laura wrote:Dimmu Borgir: The Serpentine Offering

"My descent is the story of everyman
    I am hatred, darkness, and despair"

That is a good start to a day. Normally when that song comes on KtuluRed55 and I start a two man pit no matter the location, haha.

Should be a good day here as it is Friday granted the song title would disagree!
    Morbid Angel - World of Shit (some sick ass low tunes riffage on this beast)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 am

Hail of Bullets - all releases :lol:

Getting ready for tomorrow. Today there's some thrash bands playing at Club PRKL in Helsinki, might go there.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 20, 2011 8:25 am

soundcurve wrote:
    Laura wrote:Dimmu Borgir: The Serpentine Offering

"My descent is the story of everyman
    I am hatred, darkness, and despair"

That is a good start to a day. Normally when that song comes on KtuluRed55 and I start a two man pit no matter the location, haha.

Should be a good day here as it is Friday granted the song title would disagree!
    Morbid Angel - World of Shit (some sick ass low tunes riffage on this beast)

LOL!!! You read my mind - I had actually thought about putting those lyrics in my original post. :cool: :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 20, 2011 8:35 am

Teräsbetoni - Voiman Vartijat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlX3qZmFtUc

This would be a great band to have on broad :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 am

No, it wouldn't.
    You know, Teräsbetoni is widely considered a joke among metalheads in Finland. A joke that has gone on for way too long.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 20, 2011 8:40 am

Memnoch wrote:No, it wouldn't.
    You know, Teräsbetoni is widely considered a joke among metalheads in Finland. A joke that has gone on for way too long.

So are half the power metal bands out there. I want them on broad dammit! :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri May 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Doro - Night of the Warlock (live)

bought me the anniversary dvd today, along with the Avantasia dvd, some more 'Breaking Bad' and 'How I Met Your Mother', the new Gamma Ray EP and the movie "Where The Wild Things Are"...plus a new external harddrive to put in my car :cool:
    wishlist '25:
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Fri May 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Giving the whole MaYaN - Quarterpast album a first spin, starting with Symphony Of Aggression.
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri May 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Ooh, how do you like it?
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Fri May 20, 2011 5:44 pm

KDibildox wrote:Ooh, how do you like it?

My listening session got interupted halfway as I needed the audio for a videochat. But I'll have time tomorrow for a full run.
    And according to Mark you probably need 7 to 8 full listenings to completely "unlock" the album.

So I definitely need more runs to have a final verdict. And as practice for the two other shows I'll be seeing upcoming week.
    All I can say after one complete show and half the CD is that the track War On Terror caught my heart right from the start.

If you want to have a listen before you buy the album. I came across this on YouTube.
    MaYaN - Quarterpast // Full Album on YouTube
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri May 20, 2011 8:22 pm

WallieWallie wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Ooh, how do you like it?

My listening session got interupted halfway as I needed the audio for a videochat. But I'll have time tomorrow for a full run.
    And according to Mark you probably need 7 to 8 full listenings to completely "unlock" the album.

So I definitely need more runs to have a final verdict. And as practice for the two other shows I'll be seeing upcoming week.
    All I can say after one complete show and half the CD is that the track War On Terror caught my heart right from the start.

If you want to have a listen before you buy the album. I came across this on YouTube.
    MaYaN - Quarterpast // Full Album on YouTube

Thanks! I gave it a listen, but I think I'll save it for when I buy the CD :D
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Fri May 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Wolfsheim - Approaching Light Speed while reading "how to survive the end of the world as we know it" Conclusion, I'll happily accept death in the "Golden Horde" :D
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri May 20, 2011 11:28 pm

"The Bosphorus Freezes Over" - Turisas
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 am

Brimstone - Heavy Metal Kid
    wishlist '25:
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Sat May 21, 2011 2:40 pm

John Mayer - Neon
Post Reply 16292 posts