Post Reply 16292 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:57 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    ...And now for a masterful segue coming back on topic........

I had my iPod on shuffle and a Lakupaavi song hanging out on there came on. http://www.moonsorrow.com/2005/lakupaavi.html I decided it was exactly what I was in the mood for and listened to the whole album twice thru. You're a Moonsorrow superfan, Madame LePink -- have you heard this? I wish they'd do another one!

No, I haven't heard it! I've seen those pictures before, but I don't think I've listened to the music. But I will very soon :mrgreen: Thanks for the link ;)

Now Legion of the damned - Bleed for me
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
  • cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:01 am

2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
  • cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:10 am

last_candle wrote:in the last couple of years she somehow became one of my favorite live acts; the shows are always very entertaining...

I can understand why. Even without the looks she clearly has an epic stage presence and a contagiousness about her energy.

For Doro fans
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmnVNxEmBn4

Another Duet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHG1S-I2xao

And another one with someone known from one of the bands on the cruise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b95GGEot ... re=related

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:33 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    ...And now for a masterful segue coming back on topic........

I had my iPod on shuffle and a Lakupaavi song hanging out on there came on. http://www.moonsorrow.com/2005/lakupaavi.html I decided it was exactly what I was in the mood for and listened to the whole album twice thru. You're a Moonsorrow superfan, Madame LePink -- have you heard this? I wish they'd do another one!

No, I haven't heard it! I've seen those pictures before, but I don't think I've listened to the music. But I will very soon :mrgreen: Thanks for the link ;)

Now Legion of the damned - Bleed for me

Ok, now I've listened to Lakupaavi :shock: :lol: And I'm not sure what to say :? :mrgreen: Home Jeesus is fun, but the rest? But I guess they had fun making the music :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:45 am

I request that the Ordervang's listen to nothing but a steady diet of Bolt Thrower for the month of August :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 am

KevinP wrote:I request that the Ordervang's listen to nothing but a steady diet of Bolt Thrower for the month of August :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Well, what I heard the other night wasn't too bad, but I didn't find it exciting either ;)

Beer and bananas!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:08 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I request that the Ordervang's listen to nothing but a steady diet of Bolt Thrower for the month of August :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Well, what I heard the other night wasn't too bad, but I didn't find it exciting either ;)

don't toy with my emotions Image
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 am

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

don't toy with my emotions Image

I'm trying to keep an open mind ;)

Beer and bananas!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:25 am

cycosurgeon wrote:
    last_candle wrote:in the last couple of years she somehow became one of my favorite live acts; the shows are always very entertaining...

I can understand why. Even without the looks she clearly has an epic stage presence and a contagiousness about her energy.

...or because she just has an arsenal of 'hit songs' ;)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:45 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:Are we still talking Moonsorrow? They played in the US/Canada in April of 2010 with Finntroll and Swallow the Sun as part of the Finnish Metal Tour pt. 1. That was a killer tour -- too bad you missed it! Ah well, there's the boat now. :D

How'd I miss that tour? Don't remember it at all. Maybe it didn't hit New England?

it got packaged into NEMF

Well that would explain why I missed it then. Hate that festival :evil: That's the worst part about it. All the spring tours get lumped into that crap.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:30 am

ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:46 am

Monster Magnet - Powertrip

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:58 am

Paradise Lost-Say just words
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Image

I still have that album... on VHS.

NP: (old) Amorphis - "Grails Mysteries"
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:54 pm

KDibildox wrote:Paradise Lost-Say just words

another fantastic tune!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Bentz! wrote:

I still have that album... on VHS.

NP: (old) Amorphis - "Grails Mysteries"

oh yeah! I still have that vhs AND the 333 vhs

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 pm

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Omegas66
    Oiler

by Omegas66 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:59 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:

For Doro fans
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmnVNxEmBn4

Another Duet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHG1S-I2xao

And another one with someone known from one of the bands on the cruise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b95GGEot ... re=related

Ha I would listen to Maiden but I just got out from a Maide's tribute band and don't really want to listen to them for awhile. I still love them though. My favorite songs to playb were Moonchild, Rhyme of the Acient Mariner, stranger in a strange land and hallowed be thy name.

:shred:
    Mess with the BEST... Die like the REST...
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Riot - Loanshark :lol:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:05 pm

not on VHS, but I've got this record, too :cool:
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:51 pm

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Paradise Lost-Say just words

another fantastic tune!

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Paradise Lost-Blood of another

good track.... Mercy is my favorite from that cd, but I think the whole record is solid!

Yeah, I'm liking it so far :mrgreen:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 pm

you should definitely get Paradise Lost's newest cd "Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us" ( I'm 100% certain you'll enjoy it!)
    If you can find the deluxe edition, it has 2 of the songs re-recorded with the Prague Orchestra, and they are AWESOME!!!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:56 am

Blitz's side project with one of the guys from Hades. Usually anything people from Hades touch stinks in my book but Blitz's voice really makes this album kind of cool. Not as good as DD's Bronx Casket Company but a good time at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQ1g1P3cak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzo5j06 ... re=related

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:30 am

cycosurgeon wrote:Blitz's side project with one of the guys from Hades. Usually anything people from Hades touch stinks in my book but Blitz's voice really makes this album kind of cool. Not as good as DD's Bronx Casket Company but a good time at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQ1g1P3cak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzo5j06 ... re=related

Interesting :mrgreen: I'll have to check this out :) And DD's project too!

Beer and bananas!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:50 am

judas priest - diamonds and rust

seems like they are playing the very same setlist night after night
    I was hoping for at least 1-2 changes for the upcoming Wacken show
    ...but it's going to be great anyway!
    wishlist '25:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:45 am

Running wild - Rolling Wheels

I always have to scream along to "ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARS of anticipation" :shred: :shred:
    wishlist '25:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Sick Of It All - Injustice System

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Tankard - Time Warp
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Russell Allen and Jørn Lande - The Battle
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:17 pm

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:you should definitely get Paradise Lost's newest cd "Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us" ( I'm 100% certain you'll enjoy it!)
    If you can find the deluxe edition, it has 2 of the songs re-recorded with the Prague Orchestra, and they are AWESOME!!!

I'll have to check that out, thanks!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:47 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:you should definitely get Paradise Lost's newest cd "Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us" ( I'm 100% certain you'll enjoy it!)

I posted a youtube link on your FaceBook for one of them... enjoy!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

I posted a youtube link on your FaceBook for one of them... enjoy!

Sounds pretty good, thanks for posting! :heavydrink:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:00 pm

you're welcome

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Candlemass - Black Sabbath Medley

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Cannibal Corpse - Make Them Suffer, on 98KUPD Arizona's Bid Red Radio! Infecting the masses on FM radio! :shred:

Is that one of those "one hour a week to make the metalheads happy" thing on the radio or do they play that kind of stuff all the time? If so, that's probably the most legit radio station in the country.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:06 am

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 am

Stratovarius - Glory of the World
    wishlist '25:
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 am

Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade album

Kevin, before you shoot your vegemite in your stroopwafel pants, please know that I haven't decided what I think yet.

But I've made it to track 6 and the volume is still way up, much to my colleagues joy :beerhorns:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 am

Gamma Ray - Beyond The Black Hole
    wishlist '25:
Post Reply 16292 posts