Post Reply 22 posts Page 1 of 1
Trouble Tidbit
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Trouble Tidbit

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:00 am

Anyone who's been here a short while has probably heard me snivel and whine about he lack of doom bands on the bill and how we really only have half of one doom band seeing as Kory Clarke just really seems like a bit of a square peg in a round doom hole in terms of Trouble's sound now compared to when Eric was in the band.

Also, without bitching too too much, I've said pretty clearly that I don't understand why the fuck there seems to be so very little to no progress being made, or at least updates/news being made available, on the supposedly super-heavy-kick-ya-in-the-head-back-to-our-doom-roots new album. Meanwhile, Kory's out touring with one or two other projects through most of 2010.

Well, my fingers were crossed as I hit myspace tonight and saw they'd posted a blog update. I didn't learn anything new from it yet but I'm gonna hold my breath, say some metal prayers and hope for something positive to come from this:

http://www.headymetalwithjeffolson.com/fr_home.cfm

Even if ya really couldn't care less about this band, please cross your fingers for those of us who do :lol:

Lookin' forward to Monday!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

Re: Trouble Tidbit

by FLORIDABOYS » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Back in the day, Trouble were a FANTASTIC band!!!!!!!!! I am kind of at a loss for words without Eric in the band. The Skull is still one of my favorite albums :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Trouble was one of the 3 reasons I signed up in the first place (Trouble, Testament, Exodus). I'd love to see either Candlemass or Saint Vitus fill the bill here. 5 more slots. I'm begging them right now.

If you want to add some serious DOOM, please bugger/badger Saint Vitus and Candlemass to fill one of the remaining 5 slots!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Very entertaining interview/radio show. It replays on Saturday morning at the link below if anyone's interested. Tyrowman, I think you'd really enjoy some of the 70's era references and there's definitely some great lessons in metal history for many of us (self included). A cool little discussion about the origins of the metal horns in popular music (no, Dio was NOT the first lol). The only downside was that these two guys are old friends so there was a fair bit of inside jokes and Jeff finishing Bruce's sentences for him, not always accurately either. I hope he doesn't do that in all his interviews.

Metal Messiah Radio

Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:40 am

I can tell you that Candlemass is not going to be on the cruise. I am friends with Leif Edling the bass player in the group and when the cruise was first announced and my wife and I got tickets I told Leif about it and he checked into it even passing the info on to their manager but nothing came of it. I would have loved to have had them on this cruise as they are one of my all time favorite bands.

As for Trouble, I know some people who have been following them for a long time and know the guys in the band and they just move at a very very slow pace with everything. I guess it's doom so it fits.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:17 am

In case any of you Florida locals or far off travelers staying in Florida after the cruise end up becoming huge Trouble fans as a result of their set(s) on broad, they have 3 shows scheduled in Florida after the cruise:

Trouble have scheduled the following tour dates:

January
    22 - Bottom Lounge - Chicago, Illinois
    24-27 - 70,000 Tons Of Metal Cruise
    28 - County Line - Melbourne, Florida
    29 - Plaza Theater - Orlando, Florida
    30 - The Coliseum - Daytona Beach, Florida
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 pm

If by area, you mean in the same state, then yes they are. Otherwise, you're looking at least a 3 or 4 hour drive to any of those shows. Seeing as I really don't care for that guys voice at all, I'm not even sure I'm gonna watch them on the boat. If Wagner was still involved, then that would be a completely different story.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Captain Metal wrote:If by area, you mean in the same state, then yes they are. Otherwise, you're looking at least a 3 or 4 hour drive to any of those shows. Seeing as I really don't care for that guys voice at all, I'm not even sure I'm gonna watch them on the boat. If Wagner was still involved, then that would be a completely different story.

Then obviously this post wasn't put here with you in mind was it bro? Sorry but I'm just tired of so much dissing on this band because fucking Eric couldn't cut it anymore. I get it. People don't like the new guy's sound. I'm not sold either but I also don't give a shit. They're the reason I'm on this thing. If I'm the only forum member at their gigs, all that more room for me to go batshit and enjoy two of my fave guitarists ever work their magic. I listened to the 2 songs with Kory singing on their myspace page about 4 times each yesterday and it's gotten more and more acceptable each time. Eric was amazing but the fuckhead ain't on the boat, he's being an asshole somewhere else so, in my books, Kory kicks his fucking ass right now :beerwink:

*edit* - oh, and thanks for the geography lesson, I fixed the post to correct my fuck up

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 pm

You won't be the only one - I'll be there too.

And since we will be heading up to Orlando after the cruise we may well catch the show up there so thanks for posting the info :cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 pm

I'll be there for sure to, I liked Warrior Soul although I only own their first "Last Decade...", . The guitars Trouble's stuff really do it for me as well Rob. I don't care too much for the really slow plodding songs (feel the same way about the swampy Sabbath songs too). In any case they are in the top 10 of my must-see list, which I doubt I will be able to make.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 pm

Seems I hit a nerve, not that I was trying to mind you. I wasn't dissing the band itself, but more simply voicing my disatisfaction with their choice of vocalist. I'm not saying it's gotta be Eric Wagner or nothing, but I think they could've chosen a bit more of a suitable replacement is all. Seems a bit silly to get worked up over something like this.

So, let's calm down now, shall we?
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:19 pm

No worries man. I'm not the least bit 'un-calm' and I know it wasn't intentional. Just a reaction/response I'm tired of running into when I'm sharing news about something that I'm super stoked about.

You're entitled to your opinion (even if it's wrong!) :lol:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:No worries man. I'm not the least bit 'un-calm' and I know it wasn't intentional. Just a reaction/response I'm tired of running into when I'm sharing news about something that I'm super stoked about.

You're entitled to your opinion (even if it's wrong!) :lol:

You expect us to be calm when you're constantly flippin' us one? pfffft :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 pm

No, that's just me telling you that you're number one
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 pm

I think for now on when I use that gesture I'll think of it as the Trouble Salute :headbanger:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I think for now on when I use that gesture I'll think of it as the Trouble Salute :headbanger:

well it does kinda resemble their T logo upside down

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 pm

here's a nice doomy little smiley lifted from Trouble's Myspace

Just for you Rob

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Image

:beerhorns: Image :headbanger:

• STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 pm

I have seen Trouble many times with Eric.
    Below is my Plastic Green Head painting.
    As for doom,I would have shit my pants if Earthride were on the cruise!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:54 pm

STACH100 wrote:I have seen Trouble many times with Eric.
    Below is my Plastic Green Head painting.
    As for doom,I would have shit my pants if Earthride were on the cruise!

LOVE the painting and...

HOLY CRAP!!! Thanks for mentioning Earthride! I saw the name in your intro in the other thread and didn't think much but went from here and checked them out. Who knew Lemmy had a doom side project :lol: :headbanger:

Seriously though, absolutely LOVE the songs I'm checking out on youtube. Great stuff!!

I know some ppl here are bored to tears by this stuff but I'm just a riff junkie and maybe it's my age but, at this point in life, this kind of shit moves my soul more than any other. :death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2uq5xPVRY&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qaPdjrIlo8&feature=related

• STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Oh yeah and Earthride live are incredible!!!
    What killer riffs Kyle puts together.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm

+1 Earthride ...... good stuff there :cheers:
  • Post Reply 22 posts Page 1 of 1