Post Reply 72 posts
Kamelot returns! (sort of)
    Element0s
    Midshipman

Kamelot returns! (sort of)

by Element0s » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 am

Kamelot are announcing 2 shows as part of what will be a full US tour!
    Aug 30 at the Grammercy Theater in New York City
    and Sept 2 at the Club Soda in Montreal , Quebec Canada

Kamelot will offer a special VIP ticket for these show. This will include a pre show meet/greet and an autographed poster commemorating the show both shows go onsale today exclusively through Enterthevault.com

Unfortunately, we have been informed that, due to continuing medical and personal issues, Roy Khan will not be able to finish the remaining touring in support of Kamelot's album, "Poetry for the Poisoned". However, we are pleased to announce that metal icon Fabio Lione lead singer of Rhapsody of Fire will be joining the tour and handling the lead vocal duties. There will also be guest vocal appearances throughout the tour by Simone Simons (Epica), Tommy Karevik (Seventh Wonder), and many more surprise guests throughout this very special and rare tour.

News coming from Enter the Vault tickets. Fucking cool, if they go to Vancouver I will make the trip to see this.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Kamelot returns! (sort of)

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Bummer that Roy is still not well.

It just wouldn't be the same seeing them with Fabio, no matter how good he is....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:13 pm

It's just not Kamelot without Roy for me. Not really a fan of Fabio's vocals myself. Hopefully Roy can get well soon and Kamelot can do a proper tour!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:34 pm

I am not personally a fan of Kamelot, but my partner is, so I'll tag along in hopes that Simone makes an appearance... that is if they announce a Toronto show.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Best part about this is Simone as eye candy and Tommy Karevik as ear candy. Screw Fabio, let Tommy do the whole thing!
    He sounds way more like Roy anyways!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:01 pm

viathyn wrote:Screw Fabio, let Tommy do the whole thing!
    He sounds way more like Roy anyways!

:evil:

Anyways, I've seen Kamelot with Roy already so seeing Kamelot with three other incredible high-profile singers would be a timeless, fantastic experience for me. Plus, Rhapsody is one of my few favorite (childhood) bands that I've never seen live. I can't miss this!
    SAMANDRIEL:

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:56 pm

hahaha I knew that would rub your dick with sandpaper.

Sorry dude, it's the way it is.b :lol:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:12 am

viathyn wrote:hahaha I knew that would rub your dick with sandpaper.

LMFAO :lol: :lol:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:20 am

I'd prefer Tommy over Fabio - at least as a replacement for Khan
    Fabio doesn't seem that fitting, but maybe he'll do a better job than expected...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:00 am

Daenerys wrote:
    viathyn wrote:hahaha I knew that would rub your dick with sandpaper.

LMFAO :lol: :lol:

X2 :lol: :cheers:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am

Awesome news.
    Fabio is a much better singer than him.Will have to catch one of their shows now :mrgreen:
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:39 pm

:shock:

Latest from Glenn...promoter of ProgPower.

My personal thoughts on the Kamelot situation
    The more that I read on various forums and media outlets, the more pissed off I get. Kamelot grew alongside the festival and hate to see negativity being thrown at them when it's not their fault. I started this thread so more folks would see it as opposed to just those following the tour thread.

I 100% agree that Roy was and is an integral part of Kamelot's success over the past 12 years. However, the band has been backed into a corner with no easy way out. The band has done everything in its power to accommodate Roy despite his abrupt decision to pull out of everything and cause all members to lose a substantial amount of money. They have given him multiple options in regards to returning and continuing the band. Need a year? No problem. Need two years? No problem. Just give us something so we can schedule and confirm things.

*Silence*

It's not happening. Khan is not in coma or mental institution screaming "BURNOUT!!!." He has simply found religion and the music world is just a distant memory now. The band is no longer his priority. I may take some heat for this, but I don’t think the fans are either at the moment. If they were, he would issue a statement clarifying things so that grieving process for his fans could commence and eventually complete. Could that change in a few years? Absolutely. However, it may not. Fans need to accept that and move on. Is the band suppose to simply wait on the sidelines indefinitely in the meantime and see all their efforts wasted?

To me, Kamelot have been total pros about everything. They have kept quiet and kept all of their options on the table while hoping that Roy changes his mind. If they say anything at all, it would may hurt the chances of a reunion or cause a fan backlash. I'm sure the label would be thrilled as well.

The reality is that this is a fulltime job for the guys in the band. Hell, several of the guys quit other bands/jobs to join Kamelot and make it a priority (Oliver & Sean). How do you think they feel right now? They have to earn a living. Thus, they tour with a high profile vocalist and plan the future accordingly as things unfold. There are some tough decisions to be made coming up. I have no doubt the band will continue to show class when making them.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:49 pm

interesting read!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Very interesting.

The "found religion" thing is confusing - surely truth, honesty, etc are fundamental to any religion (unless of course the religion he's found is satanism :P ) so wouldn't he come clean and tell us that himself?

And compassion for his band mates, to not dick them around too.

Its a strange situation indeed.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Uh oh, doesn't sound like a good time in the Kamelot camp. :?
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 pm

I hate this crap about bands when a member suddenly goes through a 'religion crisis'
    It seems to be happening more and more these days to artsists.
    Is religion really that big a deal that you need to throw away your entire lifes work in the process?
    What the fuck does that achieve?
    I don't feel sorry for Khan if this is the case.
    The artists i do feel sorry for is the likes of Blackie Lawless and Dave Mustaine who got taken advantage of by the Christian faith when they had serious drug and alchohol related problems and were clinging on to their lives by a bare thread only to be taken into rehab which is essentially jsut Jesus brainwashing camp in certain places.
    If Khan decided to just ignore his whole career and be so unprofessional jsut because he found 'jesus' all i have to say to him is one thing.
    Grow the fuck up.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:45 pm

cowboy71 wrote:...surely truth, honesty, etc are fundamental to any religion...

Now THERE is one highly debatable statement, not in this venue though I suppose. Hmph... :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I hate this crap about bands when a member suddenly goes through a 'religion crisis'
    Is religion really that big a deal that you need to throw away your entire lifes work in the process?
    The artists i do feel sorry for is the likes of Blackie Lawless and Dave Mustaine who got taken advantage of by the Christian faith when they had serious drug and alchohol related problems and were clinging on to their lives by a bare thread only to be taken into rehab which is essentially jsut Jesus brainwashing camp in certain places.
    If Khan decided to just ignore his whole career and be so unprofessional jsut because he found 'jesus' all i have to say to him is one thing.
    Grow the fuck up.

Excellent post :cheers:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:01 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:I hate this crap about bands when a member suddenly goes through a 'religion crisis'
    Grow the fuck up.

Excellent post :cheers:

yes, in fact Peter:

I dub the: Sir Subtle-wrath :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm

:headbanger: :lol: :lol:
    I just LOVE reading posts like this....... ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:17 am

Metalwrath wrote:I

Good point, never saw from this perspective. It's like a downside for a better :D

But the original news reminded me Michael Kiske, who have been a cockhead since he left Helloween. It took like 20 years to him return to 'metal' activities, and he is only singing something with Avantasia now a days. Too bad.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:30 am

Kiske has a new band called UniSonic who were on tour all around Europe this year.
    But it's more rock than metal.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:33 am

Zeh wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:But the original news reminded me Michael Kiske, who have been a cockhead since he left Helloween. It took like 20 years to him return to 'metal' activities, and he is only singing something with Avantasia now a days. Too bad.

leaving a band and taking a break of undefined lenght is quite a difference, imo
    Helloween faced facts they could deal with in a sense that they could plan the future
    the rest of Kamelot can only try to reduce the damage and are restricted in their actions as long as Khan is still in the band...
    wishlist '20:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:18 am

Metalwrath wrote:Kiske has a new band called UniSonic who were on tour all around Europe this year.

That's why I ignore Kiske activities now a days. He had another pop/hard/rock project called Place Vendome, who is actually the same crap as UniSonic. And sure, the Acoustic Helloween he released last (or this) year that is as metal as a baloon.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 am

Zeh wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Kiske has a new band called UniSonic who were on tour all around Europe this year.

That's why I ignore Kiske activities now a days. He had another pop/hard/rock project called Place Vendome, who is actually the same crap as UniSonic. And sure, the Acoustic Helloween he released last (or this) year that is as metal as a baloon.

Place Vendome wasn't his project, he was just singing it in - and the first album wasn't all that bad; quite boring...but nice background music
    wishlist '20:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:41 pm

My comment was only in relation to you saying he is only singing wirth Avanstasia these days.Never said i was a fan of unisonic.infact i decided to take nap instead of seeing them at Masters of rock this year :P
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:58 am

Metalwrath wrote:My comment was only in relation to you saying he is only singing wirth Avanstasia these days.Never said i was a fan of unisonic.infact i decided to take nap instead of seeing them at Masters of rock this year :P

What can I say? Much better option!

But I think that people had also fallen asleep during his gig.. hahaha
    -----------------
    Zeh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Didn't like Vendrome or UniSonic.

But he's recently done an album with Amanda Sommerville which is not too shabby at all.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Didn't like Vendrome or UniSonic.
    But he's recently done an album with Amanda Sommerville which is not too shabby at all.

nothing that changes the world - but a nice record, I like it quite a lot!
    you just have to ignore the awful lyrics ;)
    wishlist '20:
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:26 am

Interesting thread.
    Used to be heavily into this band a few years ago.
    Still pop black halo into rotation onto my iPod every now and then
    what's everyones take on the new album, i am yet to hear it but I heard that it was meant to be a bit more on the heavier side......be interesting if it is
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 am

bangers wrote:Interesting thread.
    what's everyones take on the new album, i am yet to hear it but I heard that it was meant to be a bit more on the heavier side......be interesting if it is

It sucks. I was really disappointed in it. Don't waste your time/money.
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:42 am

bangers wrote:Interesting thread.

It's more of the same - if you like Black Halo, you'll like 'Poison..'
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Good to know... I have 'Poison' but have not opened/listened to it yet... been into other stuff... Black Halo I think is their best.. but they are very good. Can't wait for them to do another full US Tour! Great live! :metalguy:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Not an update but a band member's side of the story. Sounds like it's up to Khan whether or not he wants to continue with Kamelot.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155397
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Was an interested interview certainly....

I may be reading too much 'between the lines', but it sounds to me as though Thomas wouldn't be too upset if Khan left the band for good.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Was an interested interview certainly....

I may be reading too much 'between the lines', but it sounds to me as though Thomas wouldn't be too upset if Khan left the band for good.

Yeah sounds like he's really irked that Khan has done what he has. Also sounded like he doesn't have as much confidence in Khan's live performance anymore either. Definitely read into it what you did.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 am

Yeah we were actually hanging out with Kamelot's bassist in the ticket line for the Eluveitie show last month (yes, he actually waits in line like everyone else :lol: ) and from what he described, the band seems like they could move on without Roy and really not mind. We had to laugh though because he COULD NOT remember the name of Fabio's band :lol: He told us then that most of their upcoming shows will be with Fabio, and possibly with Simone. Super nice guy, showing us pics of some of their Euro tours on his phone and stuff :beerwink:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:48 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Was an interested interview certainly....

Yeah sounds like he's really irked that Khan has done what he has. Also sounded like he doesn't have as much confidence in Khan's live performance anymore either. Definitely read into it what you did.

quite obvious - you don't even have to read too much between the lines ;)
    but the door for Khan is still (wide) open - but this could change as soon as they are working on their next album
    ...I'm really curious how Fabio will do; if Sascha Paeth suggests him, he must be capable of more than the Rhapsody style singing...
    wishlist '20:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:22 pm

They will play here on Apr 9th. Surely will see how does it work.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 am

Zeh, I hear that Edu Falaschi of Angra will be singing with them on one of their Brazilian dates, will you see that gig? That would be spectacular
    SAMANDRIEL:

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • Post Reply 72 posts