Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
Some live Attica Rage videos from Hard Rock Hell festival
    Bell
    Petty Officer

Some live Attica Rage videos from Hard Rock Hell festival

by Bell » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:27 am

Here are a few videos from our recent main stage appearance at the Hard Rock Hell festival in Wales, a bill we shared with the likes of Saxon, Skid Row, UFO, Helloween, Stratovarius and loads more. What you guys think? All three of these will be on the forthcoming album. Any feedback is appreciated!

One Minute Silence - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vsazdbtcXA

Contradictions - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUn7E5xi-AI

Change In The Iris - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgwRlRkpQos

The first two are professionally shot and the third one is from a video camera in the seating area.

Cheers!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Some live Attica Rage videos from Hard Rock Hell festival

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks for posting. Nice line up to be sharing the stage with I'm sure!!

There were lots of things I liked and a couple that I either didn't like so much or just offering as constructive feedback from a viewer/fan perspective. Forgive me for the 'negative' comments but I'm assuming you'd prefer honesty over my trying to blow sunshine up yer butt :lol:

Solos at the ends of #1 and the one after the bass solo in #3 were definitely my favourite parts. From an overall song perspective, I'd like to see your playing/fills utilized as a more consistent aspect of an entire songs as opposed to just highlighted in the typical/formulaic spots (if that makes sense).

The vocals sound a lot stronger and more confident than I remember from an earlier video you posted. For some reason I thought the bassist handled the vocals on that one but I could be remembering wrong. The two of them use their voices well together for a strong combined vocal sound. You, however, appear to be about 2 feet away from your mic. Is that thing on? Are you just singing along for fun or are your vocals supposed to be an essential part of a 3 pronged attack? Step up to the mic man! It won't bite!! :P

One Minute Silence seems more hard rock than metal in a way whereas (again, if memory serves me correctly) I recall the other stuff I heard before sounding more 'metal'. Maybe just a matter of song selection for this particular video.

I found parts of Contradictions to be a little repetitive or simplistic and sort of tired of the vocal melody during the verses by the end. Would really have liked to have seen/heard you shredding away like mad over the verses for the last minute of the song or so

Change in the Iris was definitely my fave of the 3. Wasn't sure where things were going in the middle there but enjoyed the surprise turn things took with the bass solo and then the solo you contribute after that. I've always liked when songs go out at the end of a strong guitar solo like that.

Anyways, I hope that's helpful and not to harsh or anything. Remember, I'm the one sitting here jealously sitting at my computer and you're the one up there actually doing it so who's opinion really matters here? :cheers:

Definitely strong performances and you guys are very tight so it looks like the entire performance probably went as you guys had hoped.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey, thanks for taking the time to watch them and to reply!!

I only started doing backing vocals a couple of months ago. They'd been going well in practices and at the handful of gigs we played in Glasgow before the BIG slot at HRH, so I was all set to belt them out. However, after singing along like a crazy person to Skid Row on the Friday, I had actually NO voice left on the Saturday. I tried to fight through it at soundcheck but it just wasn't happening. So for the actual set itself, I ended up keeping a bit of distance from the mic. But chose to still sing along in order to get practice at singing and playing at the same time.

I agree some of the songs are more of the rock style than metal, but that's a good thing I reckon. The second album (all those songs will be on it) is way more diverse than our debut, Ruin Nation. That album was more of a metal album, but consisted of loads of riffs stuck together, as opposed to actual songs. So I reckon the second album will sound a lot stronger, with the songs and the production.

I'd love to shred all over Contradictions but that's an old fan favourite from their EP that's stayed in the set since pretty much day one, so I don't wanna taint it by throwing in loads of notes! Could always give it a bash at practice though...

If any other videos from the set surface I'll be sure to post them up here!
    Davina
    Crewman

by Davina » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:38 am

Hi Bell, thanks for posting these I enjoyed watching them. I went to the first HRH in Minehead and went to HRH3 last year but tickets sold out really quickly for this year's so was unable to go. If you guys ever play in the South West of England my husband and I would be up for coming to see you.
    Cabin 5565 \m/
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:16 am

Bell wrote:Any feedback is appreciated!

Surely I'm not the only one here with free time or an opinion worth sharing.

Davina
    Crewman

by Davina » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:11 am

I agree with the Metal Penguin, it is definitely more hard rock than metal.
    Cabin 5565 \m/
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks Davina, appreciate you taking the time to watch them! Our singer and drummer went to the first one in Minehead and thought we'd be a good fit for the festival, hence getting in touch with the promoter and blagging a slot at HRH2.

We'll hopefully be gigging LOTS in 2011 now that our second album is finally recorded. Keep an eye on here or the band myspace/facebook and we'll keep you in the loop!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:53 am

Very nice! I like me some hard rock. If you guys ever come over to our side of the pond I'll do my best to come out to see you. :beerwink:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Bell
    Petty Officer

by Bell » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:17 am

Here's hoping that 2011 gets us out of the UK and Europe and over to all you lovely hard rockers over there too!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:27 am

Bell wrote:Here's hoping that 2011 gets us out of the UK and Europe and over to all you lovely hard rockers over there too!

Hear, hear!

Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1