Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1
SODOM
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

SODOM parts ways with drummer

by Malaka » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Let's hope they don't cancel like they did with MDF last year. :evil:

"After personal and private problems between Tom and Bobby, was decided, by mutual agreement, the end of the cooperation between Sodom and the drummer Bobby Schottkowski. Tom and Bernemann will announce as soon as possible a replacement drummer. The shows from January will be performed as planned and the upcoming tour in February will take place in any case. Until then we will have incorporated the new drummer.

We thank you for your understanding and your loyal support.

Tom and Bernemann."

Source: http://www.sodomized.info
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    audrey
    Petty Officer

Re: SODOM parts ways with drummer

by audrey » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:54 am

Boo. Thanks for posting this. I really hope they still play, as Sodom are definitely one of the reasons I am attending!
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:04 pm

HAHAH, I detect a potential opening for s'more POWER METAL!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Disaster Area wrote:HAHAH, I detect a potential opening for s'more POWER METAL!

:|
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:14 pm

That would be awesome.I'm probably not gonna bother seeing Sodom anyway
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm

:evil: They're not cancelling. And if they do, replace with Kreator. :headbanger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

That would be awesome.I'm probably not gonna bother seeing Sodom anyway

Peter, you are a gentleman, and a scholar

(and a drunk) :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:49 pm

1 PM band is 2 too many!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

:P :P :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi folks, :beerwink:

don`t worry :beerhorns:

its possible that the drummer (Corny) of "ONKEL TOM" (second Band from Tom Angelripper) is going with them.

I Hope so ! :metalguy: :metalguy:

I know Corny , he is from my hometown , have had a rehearshalroom e few years next to them. :metalguy:

Very good drummer expecting DoubleBase !!! :headbanger:
    *We would like to make a clone out of Tom Araya`s hair, Ronny James Dio`s bone and Mikael Akerfeldt`s spit ! So we `ll got the voice of Walhalla !
    That`s possible on Deck 3 ! Cabin #3525
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Why is it not surprising that you were the first one to mention more Power Metal?

:lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Not just power metal... "S'more Power Metal". You know power metal that you listen to around the campfire while telling tales of dragons and wizards and roasting up some s'mores
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 pm

junkhead13 wrote:Not just power metal... "S'more Power Metal". You know power metal that you listen to around the campfire while telling tales of dragons and wizards and roasting up some s'mores

S'MORES?! Mmmm... As long as they're dark chocolate.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Evican wrote:
    junkhead13 wrote:Not just power metal... "S'more Power Metal". You know power metal that you listen to around the campfire while telling tales of dragons and wizards and roasting up some s'mores

wohoo, s'mores, power metal and beer

these are a few of my favorite things...
    :D :party:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Evican wrote:

wohoo, s'mores, power metal and beer

these are a few of my favorite things...
    :D :party:

Kinda like "Chicken Pot pie" three of my favorite things....
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:05 pm

They've announced their new drummer:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=150595
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Feb Whitesnake-/-Scorpions May Tyr-/-Arkona Threshold
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

SODOM

by sar01061969 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:10 pm

I am looking for a copy of Sodoms Obsessed by Cruelty on LP or CD it has to be the ORIGINAL Steamhammer Germany pressing!!! The listing is like this:

Title-list below shows the European Steamhammer pressing, the additional track
    is no. 6, "After the Deluge" (4:53).

1. Intro (The Rebirth...)
    2. Deathlike Silence
    3. Brandish The Sceptre
    4. Proselytism Real
    5. Equinox
    6. After The Deluge
    7. Obsessed By Cruelty
    8. Fall Of Majesty Town
    9. Nuctemeron
    10. Pretenders To The Throne
    11. Witchhammer
    12. Volcanic Slut

it has to be the 1986 version if anyone has this please send me a private message i will meet up with you on the boat and buy it from you but please be reasonable and please let me know how much you want for it!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: SODOM

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:17 pm

sar01061969 wrote:I am looking for a copy of Sodoms Obsessed by Cruelty on LP or CD it has to be the ORIGINAL Steamhammer Germany pressing!!! The listing is like this:

Title-list below shows the European Steamhammer pressing, the additional track
    is no. 6, "After the Deluge" (4:53).

1. Intro (The Rebirth...)
    2. Deathlike Silence
    3. Brandish The Sceptre
    4. Proselytism Real
    5. Equinox
    6. After The Deluge
    7. Obsessed By Cruelty
    8. Fall Of Majesty Town
    9. Nuctemeron
    10. Pretenders To The Throne
    11. Witchhammer
    12. Volcanic Slut

it has to be the 1986 version if anyone has this please send me a private message i will meet up with you on the boat and buy it from you but please be reasonable and please let me know how much you want for it!

Can we sell/vend on board?

Due to prior agreements, NO VENDING OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED during 70000tons of METAL. As a result, any and all vending on the ship is prohibited. Please do not make t-shirts, hats, posters, jewelry or anything else to sell while enjoying 70000tons of METAL. Anyone found in violation of this policy will have their unauthorized merchandise confiscated. This policy will be strictly enforced
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Good luck finding it - looks like its pretty hard to get.

I did a quick ebay check and found two listings that might be the version you are after:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LP-SODOM-OBSESSE ... 56417594c5

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SODOM-obsessed-c ... 2c59a4f298
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Feb Whitesnake-/-Scorpions May Tyr-/-Arkona Threshold
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Vending is setting up a table to sell merchandise this is a private deal not vending.
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Actually this is something that i want in my hand to see and inspect. A lot of versions that say it is on, is not. I would only purchase this if i can actually have my hands on it, hence the fact i would want Tom to sign this. Anyway thanks for looking the listings are written in German as well and i cant read them
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:59 pm

sar01061969 wrote:Actually this is something that i want in my hand to see and inspect. A lot of versions that say it is on, is not. I would only purchase this if i can actually have my hands on it, hence the fact i would want Tom to sign this. Anyway thanks for looking the listings are written in German as well and i cant read them

Yeah right

[quote]anything else to sell while enjoying 70000tons of METAL{/quote]

so if I have this (which I do, the original copy mint) and I sold it to you on the ship, it is going against the policy. I could sell you a cig for a buck and get scolded probably. :lol:

But why not do your business at the port or pre party
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:15 pm

So you have this??? I wont be at the pre party but if you have this and are willing to sell it, how much? Is it the vinyl or the CD?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm

I have it signed by Tom who I met at the Noctis Metal Festival Conference in Calgary in September and no I would never part with it. One of my favorite bands that I have seen 8 times live and that includes the anniversary gig at Wacken 2007
  • Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1