Post Reply 880 posts
What book are you reading at the moment ?
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

Re: What book are you reading at the moment ?

by sageoftruth » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:30 am

Stained Class wrote:
    mbob wrote:
    Thanks to viathyn's recommendation I am now starting on Steven Erikson's Gardens of the Moon.

I think we might need a separate thread for Malazan soon! The ending of Gardens was great.

Careful. I just started that one, and a few pages in, I saw references to earlier books. Case in point:

"Prominent among these were the Crimson Guard, under the command of Prince K'azz D'Avore (see Volumes III & V);"

Does that mean there are at least five earlier volumes?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:18 am

Don't worry that's definitely the first book in the series. It was written 10 years before all the other ones.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:17 pm

sageoftruth wrote:Careful. I just started that one, and a few pages in, I saw references to earlier books. Case in point:

"Prominent among these were the Crimson Guard, under the command of Prince K'azz D'Avore (see Volumes III & V);"

Does that mean there are at least five earlier volumes?

Erikson does this thing where he writes poems and story excerpts at the beginning of every chapter, and my takeaway from them is that they are supposed to be from the compiled related literatures surrounding the events that happen within the entire scope of the series, from long after the story has concluded. Don't read too deeply into these poems and such... because I've found most of them have no profound impact on the general events of the story, except in reference.

As a hypothetical example, some of the poems may be taken from a book called "The life and teachings of **Insert 'X' character's name here**". Said hypothetical character[s] may or may not survive the series, may or may not appear at all, but the general message of the poem of paragraph or whatever, is supposed to be somewhat tonally relevant to the happenings in the upcoming chapter.

I think it's mostly just Erikson... musing.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:19 pm

This is essentially the timeline (I.C.E. is the other author of the sister series that is based in the same universe, which features many of the same characters)

Please check out my band

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:23 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I just finished malazan...

Oh... man..

The devastation. I feel hollow and harrowed. FUCK me, that ending has left me pretty raw.

I'm sitting down already, but that doesn't quell the feeling of... needing to sit down. haha.

Bravo, mr Erikson, bra-fucking-vo. That was the longest series I've ever read... possibly the longest tragedy ever written. I need a drink.

Please check out my band

Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 am

Stained Class wrote:
    mbob wrote:
    Thanks to viathyn's recommendation I am now starting on Steven Erikson's Gardens of the Moon.

I think we might need a separate thread for Malazan soon! The ending of Gardens was great.

Just started reading Gardens as well. Really like it so far.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 am

Speedy wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    mbob wrote:

Just started reading Gardens as well. Really like it so far.

It's going a bit slowly for me. Granted, Viathyn did say it starts out that way. Everything's a bit too bleak at the moment, before I even had a chance to get invested in the characters. I'm eagerly awaiting the moment I can jump back in time to before everything was all doom and gloom so I can learn why I'm supposed to care about these characters.
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Had to dig up this thread. Nobody reads anymore? How sad.

Who Killed Mr. Moonlight? (Bauhaus, Black Magick and Benediction) - David J. Haskins
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:08 pm

They really don't :P

Last novel I bought was "The Ice Room" by Emily Alice Ovenden (lead singer of the UK metal band Pythia).

Haven't read it yet but shall be taking it with me to the US to read on the plane :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Started on Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. worth the read. Glad i decided to check out more Sanderson after finishing WoT
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:32 pm

Right now I'm reading "Ida y Vuelta" (back and forth) which is correspondence between Juan Villoro (one of my favorite contemporary Mexican writers) and Martín Caparrós (a great Argentinian journalist) during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Basically they kept correspondence via e-mail while Villoro was in Mexico City and Caparrós was going from one place to another with his work (Cairo, Alexandria, Johannesburg, Uganda...). Very entertaining if you like Football.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 pm

I just started reading "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying". Definitely a poor choice for my first day back in work, since it basically begins by mocking the western idea of working your butt off and being too preoccupied with your future.

I talked with my mother about it and she assured me this isn't simply YOLO the book, but early on, it definitely feels like I'm being preached to by the cast from Reality Bites, rather than by a renowned Tibetan monk. At best, I can see it encouraging me to work on self-improvement and self-awareness. I've read books of a similar nature, and I know it's good to at least be aware of the present while you're in it. Hopefully that's where this is headed.
    Jefe
    Oiler

by Jefe » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:17 pm

The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression.

The God Delusion.
    Cabin 8489, M
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:29 pm

"The Heavy Metal Bible"

Written by a brazillian comedian called Bruno Sutter, he plays the role of a heavy metal singer called Detonator in a band called Massacration. :lol:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:35 pm

2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:32 pm

"So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:10 pm

"La Carta Esférica" - Arturo Pérez-Reverte. I really like this author although I haven't read as many of his books as I would like (haven't found most). Only at page 87 now, and it seems it's building up slow, but it should be good!
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    renato
    Wiper

by renato » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 pm

The Dark Tower V: Wolves of Calla

Due to lack of time, I've been mostly reading comic books and graphic novels.
    Now i'm reading Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin :D
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:35 am

Just got a Kindle, and I have been checking out the free e-books on it. Right now, I have The Idiot, Moby Dick, and The Kalevala in queue to read.
  • AllisonC1978
    Oiler

by AllisonC1978 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:27 am

Never Burn A Witch-M.R. Sellars
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:39 am

I just read The Name Of The Wind and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It's a brilliant series so far, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

I start way too many books, but as of late, I've narrowed it down to these three:
    - A Feast for Crows
    - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Warriors by Ted Bell. Picked it up at the airport since I was done with the book I brought with me, so far it's ok, not a great read but entertaining enough. Not a big fan of the writer's style.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    ewest305
    Oiler

by ewest305 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Canon EOS Rebel T3/1100D.
    Trying to learn how to use this camera I just bought. :ugeek:
    2017: Cabin #8660
    2015: Cabin #6314
    2014: Cabin #2534
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Question for you guys, how to do sort your library? I am in the middle of reorganizing mine and I normally put everything in alphabetical order but I find it visually unpleasant with books of different shape. First world problem right here
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Stephen King---Insomnia Almost 800 pages but a good read.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat May 02, 2015 4:54 am

70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    xelI777
    Wiper

by xelI777 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:24 pm

- Twain, "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"

- Poe, complete works.

- Nicolas Gomez Davila, "Escolios Escogidos"
    Wishlist: Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Anaal Nathrakh, Behemoth, Finntroll, Gehennah, Misery Index, Venom.

Wishlist (too good to be true): Amorphis, Anaal Nathrakh, Agalloch, Gehennah, Moonspell, October Falls, Wolfheart.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed May 13, 2015 7:46 am

Restless Empire: China and the World Since 1750

Because why read about sacred groves, red weddings, and epic wars when I can subject myself to a damn history lesson? :lol:

Still, it's kind of interesting reading about China's relations with other countries. They really were full of themselves back then, but just about every country with power thought it was the best back then.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sun May 31, 2015 4:51 am

Marvel Masterworks - Incredible Hulk Vol 9
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm still reading Wheel of Time - just finished book 8 and starting book 9!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:58 pm

I finished my book on China. Having just finished covering recent Chinese history, I decided to look for a book on ancient Chinese history, but no luck, so I settled for a book about the crusades called "The Race for Paradise". What made this one interesting was that the Muslim empire was the focus this time instead of Europe. Still, lots of comparisons are drawn between the two groups.
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Just finish WoT and all I can say is wow, what an amazing story. Now, i need to find something else to read...
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 am

Ancient Egypt: Everyday Life in the Land of the Nile

Pretty interesting. Not a bad religion either. Basically, if you're not a priest, then you have no religious obligations except to not be a dick to other people. No "God's watching you and judging you every day" nonsense. Just, don't do bad things to other people, or to any of the shrines or statues, and your heart won't be devoured by a beast when it's weighed on the scale of judgment.
    Of course, their weird concept of the afterlife means you may be forced to build a pyramid.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:20 am

ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:34 am

Just started reading "The Last Wish" by Andrzej Sapkowski, which is the first of two short story collections about The Witcher, for those of you who are familiar with the video games. Within the first four pages, the main character has sex with a woman in a temple and murders three men in a tavern. Needless to say, I'm already hooked

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 am

The Annals Of The World - a huge book about the history of the world, almost year by year from a Christian view.

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Finished reading The Martian right before the movie came out. Great book. Part dark comedy, part believable sci-fi. Movie was meh.

Started reading The Black Company series, I like the moral ambiguity of the mercenary company.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm getting ready for the cruise lineup, So I just started reading (for the second time) The Dark Tower series.

I should have enough reading for the trip.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm

I've finally started A Dance with Dragons. Apart from the Daenerys chapters, I can't put it down

Post Reply 880 posts