Post Reply 127 posts
Name your favorite pizza
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: Name your favorite pizza

by KevinP » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Who the hell is the John Muir you're referring to? I mean, there's the LONG-DEAD naturalist...but....?

Again, these jokes are very advanced. Thought a smart librarian broad like you would get them.

You're books would be loooooooooong, since you love everyone and everything. Hence you would need more "paper" for them.

Where does paper come from?

Mr. Muir being a naturalist and urging Teddy Roosevelt not to destroy all the forests, would be upset. But the damage would be soooo severe that even a dead guy could have a heart attack.

Capeshe ? ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Is Pizza Hut one of the crappiest around down in the US as well and do you guys have Boston Pizza franchises (far better of the 2 imho)?

Never heard of a franchise specifically called "Boston Pizza" but Boston certainly has plenty of pizza. I love Papa Gino's which I don't believe exists outside of New England. Pizza Hut is everywhere and has actually gone down in quality recently, though I still enjoy it. Certainly isn't known for being of the best quality. Your best bet in the US is a local pizza joint. I have to agree with Kevin. Get that deep dish shit out of here. Greasy thin crust pizza is where it's at. Damn, now I'm hungry.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:37 pm

KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:Who the hell is the John Muir you're referring to? I mean, there's the LONG-DEAD naturalist...but....?

Again, these jokes are very advanced. Thought a smart librarian broad like you would get them.

You're books would be loooooooooong, since you love everyone and everything. Hence you would need more "paper" for them.

Where does paper come from?

Mr. Muir being a naturalist and urging Teddy Roosevelt not to destroy all the forests, would be upset. But the damage would be soooo severe that even a dead guy could have a heart attack.

Capeshe ? ;)

D'oh - guess I shoulda gotten that :roll: but....really that is EXTREME....lol - me writing about hot doods to infinity and beyond?...hmmmm....I kind of like that idea! :beerwink: - although I'd do it all electronically so Muir wouldn't have to worry from the grave.

Why am I talking to you?

On topic - I really love all pizza - even the cheap Dominos (which I think is quite good actually), and the kind I used to get in France with the almost raw egg on top! :shock:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 pm

my favorite is mom-n-pop Sicilian style pizza, with lots of garlic flavor, a nice crisp/chewy crust, good quality provolone, and the finest freshest toppings including but not limited to onions, peppers, oregano/basil, very good quality sausage or 'roni, etc. i like almost any topping ever, except bbq chicken or some lame shit on pizza, that's just wrong. roasted garlic is nice too. i also like new york style white pizza with ricotta on there (ate that shit UP in Long Island).....oh damn it's the best.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Why am I talking to you?

i have TOTALLY been wondering that myself the past couple of days, woman!!!!!!!!!!! your self-defense posts are just a waste of time on Kevy-poo! you are FEEDING THE BEAST!
    Leonardo
    Oiler

by Leonardo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Yea stop feeding the beast those quotes...feed it some PIZZA instead!!!
    Everybody was kung fu fighting...they were banging their heads fast as lightning
    MasterSplinter
    Oiler

by MasterSplinter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Leonardo wrote:Yea stop feeding the beast those quotes...feed it some PIZZA instead!!!

Speaking of pizza, i think you have trained hard today turtles, i will order us some PIZZA! Don't say your Sensei never does anything nice for you.
    Death comes for us all, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be...without honor.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 pm

rhiawiz wrote:

i have TOTALLY been wondering that myself the past couple of days, woman!!!!!!!!!!! your self-defense posts are just a waste of time on Kevy-poo! you are FEEDING THE BEAST!

:lol: :lol: Rhia - Kevin and I have been at this bit of "Internet theater" off and on for 9 months now - we both must get some weird satisfaction from it or it would have stopped long ago methinks. :trashdrink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:12 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

:lol: :lol: Rhia - Kevin and I have been at this bit of "Internet theater" off and on for 9 months now - we both must get some weird satisfaction from it or it would have stopped long ago methinks. :trashdrink:

i have only been following this latest "flare up" hahaha. very entertaining! :beerhorns:
    Leonardo
    Oiler

by Leonardo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:38 pm

YAY pizza! May the beast have some pizza too?
    Everybody was kung fu fighting...they were banging their heads fast as lightning
    Donatello
    Oiler

by Donatello » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:48 pm

I prefer woodfire pizzas with lots of cheese and pepperoni.
    Donatello likes his female vocalists DUTCH! And if you don't like it I'll thwack you with my STICK!
    Leonardo
    Oiler

by Leonardo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Hmmm woodfire :)
    But remember Donny. Don't over do it on the pepperoni. It'll make you gassy. :oops:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 pm

2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:11 pm

70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Shredder
    Wiper

by Shredder » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm happy you lovely ladies are on my side. Please help me eradicate these turtle bastards.
    You speak my name, but you do not know me. I am Ch'rell, Oroku Saki, Duke Acureds, the one TRUE Shredder! I am a destroyer of worlds, and I fear no one!
    Donatello
    Oiler

by Donatello » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Yo' Shred-Head... It's only that blonde broad who's on your side. The other was making fun of the broad.
    Donatello likes his female vocalists DUTCH! And if you don't like it I'll thwack you with my STICK!
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 pm

MMMMMM, turtle pizza .... tasty ... LOL
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Ground Turtle pizza might be pretty good. These rednecks I used to work with from Tell City, Indiana (very southern part) would hunt, kill and clean turtles and ground the meat in a blender and make soup out of it. I tried some and it was not bad.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    MasterSplinter
    Oiler

by MasterSplinter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Ground Turtle pizza might be pretty good. These rednecks I used to work with from Tell City, Indiana (very southern part) would hunt, kill and clean turtles and ground the meat in a blender and make soup out of it. I tried some and it was not bad.

Luckily, everyone knows that Rat Meat is awful....
    Death comes for us all, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be...without honor.
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:06 pm

MasterSplinter wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Ground Turtle pizza might be pretty good. These rednecks I used to work with from Tell City, Indiana (very southern part) would hunt, kill and clean turtles and ground the meat in a blender and make soup out of it. I tried some and it was not bad.

They do make great cat toys !!
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    MasterSplinter
    Oiler

by MasterSplinter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 pm

metalheadtop wrote:
    MasterSplinter wrote:

They do make great cat toys !!

a mere cat is no match for a ninja rat.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:06 pm

actually had pizza tonight. it was super good, nice thin crust and very good sauce.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:30 pm

rhiawiz wrote:actually had pizza tonight. it was super good, nice thin crust and very good sauce.

:lol: Me too! My favorite, pepperoni. All that damn pizza talk on the forum influenced me.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Donatello wrote:I prefer woodfire pizzas with lots of cheese and pepperoni.

Woodfire pizzas get my vote too, or thin crust ones.

Super supreme (no anchovie) is always good.
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Evican wrote:
    Donatello wrote:I prefer woodfire pizzas with lots of cheese and pepperoni.

Woodfire pizzas get my vote too, or thin crust ones.

Super supreme (no anchovie) is always good.

you know what? anchovy quality is highly variable. i have had gross anchovies, but there are expensive fancy ones that are actually pretty tasty. i've only had good ones twice in my life though, so it's still not worth it.

i like a supreme too! any toppings are pretty cool with me. i just always eat too much of it. any pizza's practically better than that crap on the ship though, yikes.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:12 am

rhiawiz wrote:you know what? anchovy quality is highly variable. i have had gross anchovies, but there are expensive fancy ones that are actually pretty tasty. i've only had good ones twice in my life though, so it's still not worth it.

i like a supreme too! any toppings are pretty cool with me. i just always eat too much of it. any pizza's practically better than that crap on the ship though, yikes.

I'm not a fan of salt though and I very rarely use it, so I don't think even the "tastiest" of those salty little fiends could sway me.

Oh yeah! The best thing about those ones on the ship was the cheese, but even then I'm not big on plain cheese pizzas. It's gotta have variety and a stupor of flavours! I do however prefer to make my own pizzas! We get these really good ones that are 97% fat free from Aldi. I like to make one with tuna, BBQ sauce, onion, mushroom, asparagus, jalapenos, olives and herbs. It's awesome!
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Lal@ wrote:Any Pizza made in Italy or Germany - no US-Pizzas pleeze .....

Pizza Nationalist! How can we expect to implement the New World Order with attitudes like yours? I am contacting the Ministry of Pizza Equalization at the UN to notify them of your propaganda.

You never fail to crack me up, Craig! :mrgreen:

ShoreSlayer wrote:Is Pizza Hut one of the crappiest around down in the US as well and do you guys have Boston Pizza franchises (far better of the 2 imho)?

I'm not much of a PH fan, but Hodge and I are actually trying the Boston Pizza in Bellinghell for the first time this weekend, oddly enough. I love Little Ceasar's though. It's where I go for a quick and cheap pizza and I can and have lived on their crazy bread and sauce alone. Mmmm...
    For gourmet & specialties though, we have this fucking killer wood-fired place called La Fiamma.

Fuck. Today was my 11th day fasting (untill a few hours ago when a tub of Haagen-Dazs dulce de lenche that I just discovered, raped my face!) Mmmm! All this pizza talk has me starving now. DAMMIT!
    I made the Devil do it.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:20 am

tyrwoman wrote:D'oh - guess I shoulda gotten that :roll: but....really that is EXTREME....lol - me writing about hot doods to infinity and beyond?...hmmmm....I kind of like that idea! :beerwink: - although I'd do it all electronically so Muir wouldn't have to worry from the grave.

Why am I talking to you?

If it makes you feel better, I explained this joke to my father (who is a fairly well educated & intelligent type) and he had no idea who John Muir was. To say he lost some credibility in my eyes yesterday would be an understatement. :lol:

I guess I'm just so using to seeing the Audio Animatronic of Muir talking to Teddy Roosevelt at the American Adventure show in EPCOT he sticks in my mind when it comes to anything associated with nature and national parks. (plus he was referenced in the 1st Sam & Max Freelance Police video game many years ago).

And you're a KevinP junkie. You want to quit, but you need to keep recapturing that "high". But I'm not gonna go all Freud on ya right now, don't worry. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:24 am

Evican wrote: I'm not big on plain cheese pizzas. It's gotta have variety and a stupor of flavours! I do however prefer to make my own pizzas! We get these really good ones that are 97% fat free from Aldi.

Good pizza doesn't need anything on it to make it great. Lame pizza needs to be jazzed up. Granted not living in NY anymore my pizza consumption has taken a major hit over the years, even though I can find a few places that are pretty good here (even though the water in Orlando sucks for making any types of bread).

ALDI in Australia? Ouch, the clientele of those places here is like WalMart shoppers. :lol: Very, very different from the Trader Joe's (both stores are owned by the same parent company). Still waiting for a freaking TJ's to open in Florida too :cry:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 am

Evil Red wrote:I'm not much of a PH fan, but Hodge and I are actually trying the Boston Pizza in Bellinghell for the first time this weekend, oddly enough. I love Little Ceasar's though. It's where I go for a quick and cheap pizza and I can and have lived on their crazy bread and sauce alone. Mmmm...
    Fuck. Today was my 11th day fasting (untill a few hours ago when a tub of Haagen-Dazs dulce de lenche that I just discovered, raped my face!) Mmmm! All this pizza talk has me starving now. DAMMIT!

Oh my friend, how I love your choice of words when it comes to the ice cream bit lmfao!! Don't let that deter you from your fast as I know you've been working your ass off (literally) in recent months. Temporary, minor set back.

Don't set the bar too high for Boston Pizza and you'll be fine. Think of it as a 7.5-8 if Pizza Hut were a 4 and all will be well.

Crazy Bread kicks all kinds of taste bud ass for sure. Haven't had any in ages and won't any time soon as I've thus far managed to keep this thread from pushing me off course. I've decided not to even have anything pizza related this weekend as I'd previously considered. Maybe as a 'reward' for cracking 200 lbs in the not too distant future.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    MichaelAngelo
    Oiler

by MichaelAngelo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:33 am

NY pizza of course. All that Chicago 2nd City deep dish nonsense can go blow a hole in your colon and require an angioplasty :deathmetal:
    Agnete M. Kirkevaag rules all - THE greatest thing since sliced Pizza !!!!!

Accept this as fact or get a Nunchuck to your head
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:17 am

I'm off the fourms for a week and find we've been invaded by mutant ninja turtles...favorite pizza? any :cheers: :headbanger:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

Evican wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:you know what? anchovy quality is highly variable. i have had gross anchovies, but there are expensive fancy ones that are actually pretty tasty. i've only had good ones twice in my life though, so it's still not worth it.

I'm not a fan of salt though and I very rarely use it, so I don't think even the "tastiest" of those salty little fiends could sway me.

Oh yeah! The best thing about those ones on the ship was the cheese, but even then I'm not big on plain cheese pizzas. It's gotta have variety and a stupor of flavours! I do however prefer to make my own pizzas! We get these really good ones that are 97% fat free from Aldi. I like to make one with tuna, BBQ sauce, onion, mushroom, asparagus, jalapenos, olives and herbs. It's awesome!

these "fancy anchovies" i had were not that salty!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am

tmcasper wrote:I'm off the fourms for a week and find we've been invaded by mutant ninja turtles...favorite pizza? any :cheers: :headbanger:

yeah....tune in next week..its been rumored that the Thundercats will make an appearance....sheesh ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:47 am

debborah1 wrote:
    tmcasper wrote:I'm off the fourms for a week and find we've been invaded by mutant ninja turtles...favorite pizza? any :cheers: :headbanger:

yeah....tune in next week..its been rumored that the Thundercats will make an appearance....sheesh ;)

bwahahaha! well, i only like Lion-O. everyone else can sod off, especially Snarf, horrid.
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 am

rhiawiz wrote:
    bwahahaha! well, i only like Lion-O. everyone else can sod off, especially Snarf, horrid.

Well, Kevin has already been on the forums for a while.

70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:56 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

Well, Kevin has already been on the forums for a while.

:lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: BWAHAHA you are asking for it!
    MasterSplinter
    Oiler

by MasterSplinter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 am

For all of you turtle haters, Pizza is a VERY relevant discussion for us. No getting rid of us on this thread, as we started it.
    Leonardo
    Oiler

by Leonardo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 pm

At the moment I'm craving for a pizza quattro formaggi. And a :beerwink: to celebrate the weekend. :D
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Leonardo wrote:At the moment I'm craving for a pizza quattro formaggi. And a :beerwink: to celebrate the weekend. :D

mmmm, cheese! beer! :cheers: :cheers: