Post Reply 4979 posts
Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!
    athun
    Petty Officer

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2012 race for the cup!!

by athun » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:26 am

Congrats to CaptOblivious and also Nuux for the mad rush at the end! :cheers:
    Amazing finish - way to go Hawks! :heavydrink:
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 am

mooyagi wrote:Now we get to find out how injured everyone was. :lol: Both teams looked completely beat up in that game.

Bergeron came clean on his injury: Broken rib, torn rib cartilage and he separated his shoulder during the game.

Bergeron playing with busted up ribs the way he did is amazing.
    yes, always interesting to hear the injury reports when a series ends.
    for the Kings Dustin Brown played through a torn PCL (knee) since Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks, Justin Williams had a separated shoulder and Drew Doughty had an injured ankle. I am sure every other team has a similar list, bigger the longer they play.

Congrats to shoreslayer and mooyagi for their victories. how many injuries you guys play through? :bangers:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:30 pm

athun wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Now we get to find out how injured everyone was. :lol: Both teams looked completely beat up in that game.

Bergeron came clean on his injury: Broken rib, torn rib cartilage and he separated his shoulder during the game.

Bergeron playing with busted up ribs the way he did is amazing.
    yes, always interesting to hear the injury reports when a series ends.
    for the Kings Dustin Brown played through a torn PCL (knee) since Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks, Justin Williams had a separated shoulder and Drew Doughty had an injured ankle. I am sure every other team has a similar list, bigger the longer they play.

Congrats to shoreslayer and mooyagi for their victories. how many injuries you guys play through? :bangers:

Maybe if Brown didn't knee people all the time he wouldn't have torn his PCL :lol:

Couldn't resist
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:05 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Maybe if Brown didn't knee people all the time he wouldn't have torn his PCL :lol:

Couldn't resist

i would think that was really funny if i was not a kings fan :bitch:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:05 am

So, it seems this is a VERY deep draft with tons of quality in the top 40-42. Assuming that's the case, Buffalo, Calgary, Columbus, Dallas and Montreal all have 3 picks in this range. Could be either a very interesting draft day, or a rather boring one.

And the Lecavalier buyout should have an interesting fallout.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Opinions? I have many different directions I can go with this.
    Thanks Bruins

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:10 pm

athun wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Maybe if Brown didn't knee people all the time he wouldn't have torn his PCL :lol:

Couldn't resist

i would think that was really funny if i was not a kings fan :bitch:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:12 pm

EvilDan wrote:Opinions? I have many different directions I can go with this.
    Thanks Bruins

Seems legit. Classy/Decent
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:13 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Thanks Bruins

Seems legit. Classy/Decent

Yeah, why read into everything?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah that was a nice gesture by the Blackhawks organization. I'm amazed actually at how the final seemed to have brought out so much respect between the two franchises and their fanbases (token douchebags excluded, of course). I can't remember a final in any sport where there was pretty much no animosity at all between the participants and they seemed to form some kind of a friendship. Though I'm sure there are countless examples that I do actually remember. :lol: Funny little bromance going on between the two teams there. A little odd for me since Coyotes fans and Blackhawks fans definitely don't get along, at least in Arizona.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks Bruins

i am calling this move pretty classy they were both great teams and even though i missed 5 of the 6 games they didn't seem to play with that blood hatred like a nucks / hawks or bruins / habs and really that series was a few bounces from going the other way

also woot hockeyagi champ 2013 and Nuux you scared the shit outta me at the end that was a hell of a surge going 3 for 3 in those last games. Grats Rob on your PS3 and Ryan for the other 2 pools. :cheers:

oh and so this can be seen by all on the hockey forums here i think Torts is a fuckstain thats going to hurt more than help i give him 2 seasons tops before they shit can him :evil:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:53 am

Silly me. Thinking all the time. For shame.

I had more of an interest in getting Ryan's initial opinion, rather than putting my interpretation up for him to bounce off. I also like the gesture; however, I do not want it to become commonplace, as these types of things are gaining momentum, and it's happening more often. If every team starts doing it after every championship, then it loses its specialness and sincerity.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:24 am

CaptOblivious wrote:
    Thanks Bruins

i am calling this move pretty classy they were both great teams and even though i missed 5 of the 6 games they didn't seem to play with that blood hatred like a nucks / hawks or bruins / habs and really that series was a few bounces from going the other way

also woot hockeyagi champ 2013 and Nuux you scared the shit outta me at the end that was a hell of a surge going 3 for 3 in those last games. Grats Rob on your PS3 and Ryan for the other 2 pools. :cheers:

oh and so this can be seen by all on the hockey forums here i think Torts is a fuckstain thats going to hurt more than help i give him 2 seasons tops before they shit can him :evil:

Gratz to you Chris!

Don't worry, Torts will be fine here. There will be interesting moments but his media persona overshadows his actual coaching style. I listened to hours of press conferences and coverage the day of his hiring here and many of my fears were put to rest. Could be wrong but it feels okay for now.

As for the PS3, it now seems that it came down to a further tie breaker based on WHAT TIME WE GOT OUR PICKS IN :shock:

I'm currently in 4th overall and being awarded nothing more than what the person in 20,000th place got. F'ing rollercoaster lol :cry:

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:12 pm

So Rob and Chris, do you think there's any truth to the Schneider trade rumors? Seems odd to me
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:16 pm

EvilDan wrote:Silly me. Thinking all the time. For shame.

I had more of an interest in getting Ryan's initial opinion, rather than putting my interpretation up for him to bounce off. I also like the gesture; however, I do not want it to become commonplace, as these types of things are gaining momentum, and it's happening more often. If every team starts doing it after every championship, then it loses its specialness and sincerity.

I feel like it won't necessarily lose its meaning unless teams start giving canned, insincere messages. Hell, to me the traditional handshake hasn't lost any meaning despite it occurring after every series.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Horton told the Bruins he's moving on (or at least seeing what he'll get on the open market before considering a Boston discount) and now they may be shopping Seguin for a top 10 pick. Yikes. I'd much rather they keep Seguin especially if they are losing Horton. Not sure what they're gonna do to replace the scoring those two bring if they both leave. Seguin had a tough year but was still 3rd on the team in scoring. He led them last season. Plus, he did play well in the playoffs despite only getting one goal. Why don't they give him a shot in the upcoming season with a normal schedule and whatnot then try to sell him? Can't imagine his stock dropping much lower than it is now barring injury. They must be really high on some of the available prospects or think Seguin has already hit his ceiling. Weird. I'd much rather have him than an unknown at this point.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:38 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:I also like the gesture; however, I do not want it to become commonplace, as these types of things are gaining momentum, and it's happening more often. If every team starts doing it after every championship, then it loses its specialness and sincerity.

I feel like it won't necessarily lose its meaning unless teams start giving canned, insincere messages. Hell, to me the traditional handshake hasn't lost any meaning despite it occurring after every series.

Good point. I was thinking across sports. The handshake is special to the NHL. So, I wouldn't like to see other sports adopt it. It would seem contrived.

• BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:29 pm

BehnWilson wrote:GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My living room is plastered with Hawks plaques, currently have45 going all the way back to Hull, Mikita, Eric Nesterenko & Chico Maki.

Hopefully I will be adding a half dozen or so new ones, been waiting to see if they won the Cup and want to get plaques with players holding the Cup. Already have all the main players from the last Cup run except Hjalmerson which I will be getting soon. Looking forward to adding Saad, Bickell, Shaw, Handzus, Crawford to my wall of fame.

Store just got the plaques of players posing with the Cup in and picked them up today.

Today's Purchases:
    2013 Team Cup Champs Photo
    Hjalmerson
    Bickell
    Saad
    Zeus
    Shaw (great picture w bloody face, holding the Cup)
    Crawford & my final choice which I was not sure on, opted for
    Leddy

I may be able to rehang stuff closer if I want and free up room for 3 more, if I do, it will likely be:
    Frolik, Kruger, & Oduya. Surprisingly they didn't have plaques with the Cup of Stalberg & Rozsival, who I also would have considered

I think I will wait on any others until after free agency etc starts to get any others, since out of the above players I would probably have a preference towards those who are coming back.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:57 am

So, it's a draft day today! Experts say Seth Jones will go as #1, altough Avalanche says they'll go for MacKinnon or Drouin. Or maybe they're just bluffing since Panthers want MacKinnon and they only want more picks in later rounds.

I still have hopes for Luka Gracner to go in early rounds (3rd or 4th). He comes from the same village as Kopitar and had very good stats last season: 92,1% saves in regular season in 27 games (he beat Alex Auld for #1 spot in the second half of the season), 92,4% in 9 games of post season, 94,1% in 5 games at junior worlds (think it was division I) and 92,4% in two games at senior worlds, was goaltendind the two hardest games against Sweden and Canada. Anyway, he has one "huge" fault and that is he's only 179cm tall. The smallest goalie in NHL atm is Maple Leaf's Bernier with 183cm.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:30 am

So it's reported that Mike Smith has agreed to a 6 year contract with the Yotes, pending NHL approval. Oh I'm so happy! That's 4 people that have taken a leap of faith on this team before ownership being resolved: Shane Doan, GM Don Maloney, Coach Dave Tippett and now Smitty. There's something special going on here. I hope Glendale realizes this when they vote on Tuesday. One way or another it will all end then. I hope the team doesn't move but if they do I think I will continue to root for my boys in Seattle, at least as long as all of these awesome guys are on the team.
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:29 pm

WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!!!! Vancouver traded Schneider :cry: :cry: :cry:
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:50 pm

I had brought it up before, Chris. There were rumors about it. But yeah, seems very strange. They didn't get anything back for it other than a pick.

KDibildeaux wrote:So Rob and Chris, do you think there's any truth to the Schneider trade rumors? Seems odd to me
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I had brought it up before, Chris. There were rumors about it. But yeah, seems very strange. They didn't get anything back for it other than a pick.

KDibildeaux wrote:So Rob and Chris, do you think there's any truth to the Schneider trade rumors? Seems odd to me

the one and only saving grace from the Mike Gillis/ John Tortarella shit show and operation fuck Vancouver is that Schneider went to Jersey which has been for almost 20 years my fav team in the east but man this one if gonna hurt for a good long while i think :cry: :cry: :cry: and for a bloody center??? its the one of the few positions we had decent depth at :evil:
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:21 pm

That trade shocked me, as I thought Van could get a LOT more in return. I mean, it's essentially Schnieder for Bo Horvat. :stagger:

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:25 pm

EvilDan wrote:That trade shocked me, as I thought Van could get a LOT more in return. I mean, it's essentially Schnieder for Bo Horvat. :stagger:

That's the weird part. Why not get more?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:46 pm

While I have hope for the team, I've lost lots of faith in Gillis

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:51 pm

I forgot to mention I found it amusing when an announcer said, "Well, the good thing is now he won't be backing up an Olympic goaltender. Oh wait."

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:32 pm

That one made me chuckle. :lol: Not sure what Vancouver was thinking there. I'm shocked that all they got for him was that one draft pick.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Hawks re-signed Bryan Bickell. :death: :death: :death:

I couldn't be happier! Unfortunately we had to lose Dave Bolland & Michael Frolik in the process but that is part of salary cap reality after winning a Cup & it is nowhere near as bad as 2010 when we lost Byfuglien, Ladd, Niemi, Versteeg, Madden, Burish and then later Campbell, Brouwer, & Kopecky.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:49 am

CaptOblivious wrote:WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!!!! Vancouver traded Schneider :cry: :cry: :cry:

So the goalie that wanted to play out his entire career in Vancouver left and the goalie who wanted to leave stayed. Well played Canucks, well played.

PS: Was anyone else NOT shocked that Devils picked up Brodeur jr.?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Mike Smith officially signed! :deathhorns: now to find out if we will still have a team in AZ tomorrow :cry:
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Philly signs Vinnie for 5 years, $23 million.

Holy Overpayment, Batman!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:28 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Philly signs Vinnie for 5 years, $23 million.

Holy Overpayment, Batman!

It's Philly! What did you expect? :lol:
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Got Bob back in the fold for a couple years. Good news about this deal is that it's not a back breaker and if this past season proves to be the exception to Bob's career in Columbus, we're not on the hook for some ungodly salary. Satisfied with Columbus' draft. We weren't going to get any elite players picking where we did, but I really like this Kerby Rychel kid. Back to back 40 goal seasons in the OHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds3sPuKIWzM
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Ow ow awooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! The Coyotes stay! :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:

Kate is at the city council meeting. I've had my fill of Glendale politics for now. :lol: She met the Bettman and didn't boo him but shook his hand :shock: Only place he'll get cheered since he worked hard to keep the team here. Congrats to the Coyotes. Now we can finally talk about the on ice product out here. Hockey the hard way!
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:30 am

mooyagi wrote:Ow ow awooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! The Coyotes stay! :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:

Kate is at the city council meeting. I've had my fill of Glendale politics for now. :lol: She met the Bettman and didn't boo him but shook his hand :shock: Only place he'll get cheered since he worked hard to keep the team here. Congrats to the Coyotes. Now we can finally talk about the on ice product out here. Hockey the hard way!

but but but she was supposed to cut him not shake his hand he is the devil and not the fun devil that lets you sell your soul for power money and all that other jazz. this is the devil that kicks children and steals their candy and dreams and is trying to turn my NHL hockey that i knew and loved into the frilly euro style of hockey. i want blood guts fighting and players playing with partially collapsed lungs for a game and a half not fancy stick work and diving.
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:19 am

CaptOblivious wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Ow ow awooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! The Coyotes stay! :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:

but but but she was supposed to cut him not shake his hand he is the devil and not the fun devil that lets you sell your soul for power money and all that other jazz. this is the devil that kicks children and steals their candy and dreams and is trying to turn my NHL hockey that i knew and loved into the frilly euro style of hockey. i want blood guts fighting and players playing with partially collapsed lungs for a game and a half not fancy stick work and diving.

Say what you want of him but if it weren't for Bettman my team wouldn't be here. Got to sit behind him, Daly, Leblanc (future new owner, I hope), Nealy (prez of Yotes) and Don Maloney. Such an awesome feeling to be there for the yes vote. Worth the 300 mike drive.

Now cue the referendum speak :roll:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:23 am

CaptOblivious wrote:

Then why do you root for the Canucks? :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Now cue the referendum speak :roll:

Send out the Thug Signal!

• NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:32 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Say what you want of him but if it weren't for Bettman my team wouldn't be here. Got to sit behind him, Daly, Leblanc (future new owner, I hope), Nealy (prez of Yotes) and Don Maloney. Such an awesome feeling to be there for the yes vote. Worth the 300 mike drive.

Now cue the referendum speak :roll:

What happened to the guy who "almost" bought Coyotes last season?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
Post Reply 4979 posts