Post Reply 4979 posts
Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2012 race for the cup!!

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 pm

NuuX wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Say what you want of him but if it weren't for Bettman my team wouldn't be here. Got to sit behind him, Daly, Leblanc (future new owner, I hope), Nealy (prez of Yotes) and Don Maloney. Such an awesome feeling to be there for the yes vote. Worth the 300 mike drive.

Now cue the referendum speak :roll:

What happened to the guy who "almost" bought Coyotes last season?

No idea. It's rumored that a couple of his investors dropped out at the last minute
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:53 pm

NuuX wrote:What happened to the guy who "almost" bought Coyotes last season?

That is a very interesting question. Not only in this case, but in almost every case of an "almost" sold franchise in almost any sport. And the reasons given are as generic as an athlete's answer to a question about... anything.

What does it really take to own a professional team, and why do buyers drop out? It's worth looking into. Patterns.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:00 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    NuuX wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Say what you want of him but if it weren't for Bettman my team wouldn't be here. Got to sit behind him, Daly, Leblanc (future new owner, I hope), Nealy (prez of Yotes) and Don Maloney. Such an awesome feeling to be there for the yes vote. Worth the 300 mike drive.

Now cue the referendum speak :roll:

What happened to the guy who "almost" bought Coyotes last season?

No idea. It's rumored that a couple of his investors dropped out at the last minute

Isn't it also rumored that a couple of those investors are now part of the new ownership group?

As for Jamison, he kept at it, trying to buy the team but it was clear when he couldn't close the sale that he was an afterthought to the NHL. Now I imagine he really has no reason to stay in the spotlight in regards to the Coyotes/Glendale.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:50 pm

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:01 am

Holy shit! Now that is a Blockbuster trade!

It'll take me a bit to absorb this, but it seems like one of our 2 best players and a couple of young forwards that aren't fitting for us, for Seguin and Peverly, allowing Benn to move back to wing (though I liked him at center).

And then, the good D prospect we got in the trade for Morrow for a mediocre D prospect.

We got MUCH stronger at center, and now add Horcoff from Edmonton (moments ago), but we lose a lot with Loui leaving. He's a superstar. He's been hidden in Dallas because the media doesn't pay attention to the team, hence the great contract. Now that he's in Boston and not Dallas, I think he'll finally start getting the Selke attention he deserves. He's a great fit for Julien's system. (I also expect him to score more, and his next contract at age 30 will be huge.)

I HATE contracts more than 4 years, especially to really young players, but Seguin will get the role he couldn't get in Boston with Krejci and Bergeron in front of him. I hope he's the player everyone thinks he is. Don't know much about his "off-ice" issues, but he's only 21. So he'll learn.

Right now, everyone seems to think Dallas "won" the trade, but it seems to me this trade helps both teams. Stars desperately wanted more depth at center, and that's now achieved. Boston needed to free up cap-space and got an affordable ELITE player in addition. And if Reilly Smith starts being the player he should be, like 25 goals/year, then it tips to Boston. I'm not sure what to expect from Fraser.

I think our biggest weakness is STILL defense. It has been the problem for the last 5 years. So let's hope they can improve that, and now we need wingers too.

Let the Free Agent Frenzy begin! :deathhorns:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:06 am

That was one heck of a shocker to see yesterday. I really like this trade after thinking about it for a bit. It looks like both teams can benefit from it, which is great. Hopefully Seguin gets his head on straight in Dallas. Too many rumblings of being a bit out of control off the ice in Boston, even during the season/playoffs. Then again, this is how the Boston media always treats players that leave so I'm not sure what to believe. It's clear that the team was frustrated with him though. See Chiarelli's comments. Having Recchi around should help him a lot. He can finally move to his natural position, center, and get out of Claude Julien's system, for which he was not a fit. Kid has 80-90 point potential if he's allowed space and doesn't have to spend time in the corners. Dallas also gets a guy in Peverley that had a really bad season but can be a good asset on the 3rd line. He's excellent in the faceoff circle and a very capable penalty killer. Can play on the wing or at center. He'll score some shorthanded goals with his speed. He had a big problem with his finishing touch this season and had some defensive/transition breakdowns. The Bruins soured on him but let's see what he does in

Loui Eriksson looks like a fantastic addition to the team and I expect him to fit in very well. I'm not sure if he'll take Horton's spot or Seguin's on the top 2 lines. Two way players are highly sought after for Boston's style of play. He has a very nice contract too. This frees up space for Tuukka to get payyyyyyed and for Bergeron's extension while possibly having a bit of room to add another winger. In Morrow, the Bruins got another good defensive prospect. With Hamilton, Bartkowski and Krug, that's a nice set of young D-men. Wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them (Bartkowski?) used as trade bait at some point. The other two guys they received have quite a bit of potential too it seems.

This just looks like an all around great trade for both teams.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:10 am

Wow. I can't believe Alfie left Ottawa. Guess he feels that there's a better chance at a cup by going to Detroit. That should make for some fun division games.

Coyotes lost Boyd Gordon to Edmonton. That's a shame. He was a very good player on the 3rd line. Solid defensively, physical and outstanding at faceoffs. They did fill a need with the Ribeiro signing, though.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:35 am

Watching the TSN analysts freaking the fuck out on Alfredsson leaving Ottawa was pretty entertaining. Love the NHL Network.

As far as the Ribeiro signing, it seems like it's a bit long and pricey for someone who's had off-ice issues, but those didn't seem to exist when Ribs was playing for Tipps in Dallas. (They've been present before Dallas, in Dallas when Tipps left, and in Washington.) He's a dynamic playmaker that is fun to watch.

EDIT: Oh, and I expect Doan to have quite an influence on Ribs.

And am I cynical, or are the Jordie Benn signing (w/ Dallas, older brother of Jamie) and Brodeur drafting "just part of the deal" to make Jamie and Marty happy?
    Last edited by EvilDan on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:21 pm

I know most people don't care, but I'll be brief.

I think the Stars are pretty much done. Been looking at CapGeek.com and all the salary we've taken on. Our new GM has definitely been bold. We are going to be very young, but competitive and tough to play against (7th-10th in the West). Great experience for the kids. Next year, we should let some high-dollar older players ($10M) go and become a real power again.

However, I keep forgetting that we picked up Sergei Gonchar. I liked the move at the time, but as the man reportedly responsible for Malkin's adjustment to the NHL, it sure looks like a brilliant move now with the Nichushkin pick. Without Gonchar, I doubt we make that pick.

EDIT: TSN sure hates "backwoods" Columbus.

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Last year, 14 signings for about $16M in the first couple of hours. This year, 52 signings for $361M. Holy fuck!

EDIT: And for all my bitching about the trades, I think the Stars are a better team now than they were at the beginning of last year.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:54 pm

EvilDan wrote:Last year, 14 signings for about $16M in the first couple of hours. This year, 52 signings for $361M. Holy fuck!

EDIT: And for all my bitching about the trades, I think the Stars are a better team now than they were at the beginning of last year.

Insane fluryy of activity.

Iginla to Boston! For realz this time! I'll believe it when I see it.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:26 pm

EvilDan wrote:Watching the TSN analysts freaking the fuck out on Alfredsson leaving Ottawa was pretty entertaining. Love the NHL Network.

As far as the Ribeiro signing, it seems like it's a bit long and pricey for someone who's had off-ice issues, but those didn't seem to exist when Ribs was playing for Tipps in Dallas. (They've been present before Dallas, in Dallas when Tipps left, and in Washington.) He's a dynamic playmaker that is fun to watch.

EDIT: Oh, and I expect Doan to have quite an influence on Ribs

I was worried about Ribs' off ice issues, and surprised at us signing him, especially since Maloney has always said that locker room chemistry is very important, but I'm thinking Tippett was a big influence here, and hopefully it'll work out.

Also, funny you say that about Doan. I had heard through the rumor mill (not sure what the source if this was) that Doan hated Ribeiro, so it makes it even more surprising we'd sign him. Hopefully that was just something that was made up or if true they bury the hatchet.

Gotta say, it feels excellent to go into free agency without all the ownershit stress and player exodus. Hell, Don Maloney said that a bunch of players were calling him about coming here. Wtf? What a change. Amazing what a great GM/Coach/Captain can do. I guess our weather during winter doesn't hurt, either.

Sooooooooooooooo happy! :D :D :D . I can't believe we're apparently staying put (please don't fuck this up NHL/RSE), didn't lose Tipp, GMDM or Smitty and are signing away!
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 am

EvilDan wrote:EDIT: TSN sure hates "backwoods" Columbus.

Yeah, John Davidson brought it up in the presser for Horton. Came out swinging against TSN, called them ignorant and what not.

I'm pretty excited. Got Bob back in the fold, solid draft, signed Horton, a full season with Gaborik.

We won't have Horton until sometime in the November-January time frame due to his upcoming shoulder surgery. There's talk of them bringing Vinny P. back. It will all depend on his salary demands. All of a sudden, we don't have any where to put players. Guess this is what it feels like to put an actual NHL team on the ice.

The only thing that has me worried at this point is the possibility of Dalton Prout changing jersey numbers. I suppose that's a good problem to have.

Glad to see the Phoenix Coyotes, happy for you folks. :heavydrink:
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:53 am

TheBigJankowski wrote:Glad to see the Phoenix Coyotes, happy for you folks. :heavydrink:

Thanks! :heavydrink:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:18 am

Why are they the Arizona Coyotes now?

I haven't seen it in any article, but I would imagine it was part of the Glendale arena lease deal.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:31 am

EvilDan wrote:Why are they the Arizona Coyotes now?

I haven't seen it in any article, but I would imagine it was part of the Glendale arena lease deal.

The change won't take effect until at least the 2014-2015 season. As far as I know, it's not part of the arena lease deal but something that has been considered for some time. Part of it is a shout out to Glendale not actually being Phoenix. Most of the reason would be marketing/money. Everyone that has Phoenix Coyotes gear now would want to buy the brand new Arizona Coyotes gear with the updated name. I imagine they'll make a slight tweak to the uniforms as well to make the fans want to purchase the new look. Might also play some kind of psychological role in Tucson/Flagstaff/etc. as the team spreads its marketing out there. Those metros are certainly part of Arizona, but not part of Phoenix. Makes them feel included. Just my guesses though I believe the owners have actually stated the first reason.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:34 am

mooyagi wrote:

The change won't take effect until at least the 2014-2015 season. As far as I know, it's not part of the arena lease deal but something that has been considered for some time. Part of it is a shout out to Glendale not actually being Phoenix. Most of the reason would be marketing/money. Everyone that has Phoenix Coyotes gear now would want to buy the brand new Arizona Coyotes gear with the updated name. I imagine they'll make a slight tweak to the uniforms as well to make the fans want to purchase the new look. Might also play some kind of psychological role in Tucson/Flagstaff/etc. as the team spreads its marketing out there. Those metros are certainly part of Arizona, but not part of Phoenix. Makes them feel included. Just my guesses though I believe the owners have actually stated the first reason.

This is a also move that all of the other AZ major league teams have done, except for the Phoenix Suns. Funny enough, all of the teams with AZ in their name also all have the 'Sedona' red team colors.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 am

mooyagi wrote:

This article states that it is in the lease agreement: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/07/coyotes-saga-finally-ends-with-team-staying-in-arizona.html

The final agreement has not been posted as the two sides are still hammering out some points made during the council meeting but I'll take a look when it is up, most likely next week.

Edit: Looked at the draft arena lease agreement and found it: "The team owner shall use commercially reasonable efforts to have the name of the team changed to the "Arizona Coyotes" as soon as is commercially feasible."

If I remember correctly, this isn't Glendale's idea, however.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks for doing the legwork on that! :headbanger:

The more you know! :deathmetal: :bmhorns: :beerbang: :smoking:

Eh, close enough.

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 pm

So I've seen a bunch of articles recently (Wow! Dallas is getting some ink!), and everyone seems to have a consistent "Jim Nill has respect, connections, etc." My problem with that is that it says Joe Nieuwendyk, Hall of Famer, got no respect. (Maybe that's why I hated most of his trades, even though in retrospect they were always better than initial appearances. He didn't have much to work with, and he's usually the smartest guy in the room.)

Our new owner has now opened the purse-strings. (Guess he wanted to wait to install his own guy, which is understandable.) Our new GM has taken full advantage of the groundwork that Joey laid, who had no budget and no flexibility and gave the Stars a chance to make the playoffs every year in bankruptcy. I'd much rather have been in our position than Colorado, Calgary, Nashville, Edmonton, Columbus, and even Phoenix. (And probably every Eastern team that didn't make the playoffs.) We've always drafted well. However, now, Nill is getting all sorts of credit, Nieuwy none, and not a single minute of hockey has been played.

Sure, Nichushkin could REALLY work out, or he could be a major bust (which still wouldn't hurt the team too much), and might have been the motivation to get Gonchar here in the first place, with the side effects of dramatically helping our defense and puck possession. Maybe Seguin will be everything he should be.

But what kept Nieuwendyk from being able to make those types of trades? Instead trading James Neal AND Niskanen for Goligoski? I'd rather have Neal than Goligoski... shit, I'd rather have Neal than any of our D and most F. What a waste of a trade. Imagine, we could have had Benn, Neal, Seguin.... i'm getting wet.

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:45 pm

I can see how my writing style can be confusing, and ambiguous, if you don't know the rules.

I should just write in code from now on. But then I'd have to test it before posting to make sure it was bug-free.

Actually, that's kind of the way I write anyway. However, my prose is far more bug-free than I get credit for. :twisted:

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 pm

WHY THE HELL HAVE WE NIT SIGNED BOEDKER YET???? :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

And Dan, nice to see that a team can make it successfully out of bankruptcy and finally have some money to work with
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Oy. 8 years for Tuukka is a long time and right now that 7 mil cap hit looks pretty damn big. Hopefully it's a long term goalie contract that actually works out.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Puts the team over the cap though. However, even though they want to avoid it, Marc Savard can be put on LTIR if need be. It sounds like the plan is to just take the overage penalty on Iginla's few million in bonuses into next season instead. I don't know how going over due to bonuses works if the team does need to sign a player during the season, though.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:47 am

KDibildeaux wrote:And Dan, nice to see that a team can make it successfully out of bankruptcy and finally have some money to work with

It seems to me that Phoenix is better positioned than Dallas was at this point in the proceedings. It didn't look like our owner wanted to spend any money and was going to stick with the austerity program, but that changed with a new GM.

As for Bruins cap issues, there's a lot of good discussion on CapGeek.com. From what I recall, and I don't exactly recall why this is the case, the Bruins will build an opening-day roster including Savard that should come in right at $64.3M. They cannot put Savard on LTIR until the start of the season. Any sooner, and they'll be over the cap. (I haven't looked into the why (LTIR) about this.) Then, somehow, they would be allowed to spend up to $68.3M during the season.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:45 am

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:And Dan, nice to see that a team can make it successfully out of bankruptcy and finally have some money to work with

It seems to me that Phoenix is better positioned than Dallas was at this point in the proceedings. It didn't look like our owner wanted to spend any money and was going to stick with the austerity program, but that changed with a new GM.

As for Bruins cap issues, there's a lot of good discussion on CapGeek.com. From what I recall, and I don't exactly recall why this is the case, the Bruins will build an opening-day roster including Savard that should come in right at $64.3M. They cannot put Savard on LTIR until the start of the season. Any sooner, and they'll be over the cap. (I haven't looked into the why (LTIR) about this.) Then, somehow, they would be allowed to spend up to $68.3M during the season.

I love CapGeek. It's a very useful site. Will have to check out the discussion later on. This FAQ piece describes how important timing is in the placement of a player on LTIR: http://capgeek.com/faq/how-does-long-term-injured-reserve-LTIR-work
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:47 pm

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:25 pm

I also wonder about how this could affect future transfer agreements between the leagues. Especially if Kovalchuk is retiring to play in the KHL. The NHL has a transfer agreement with the other major leagues, but not the KHL. There was an MOU between the two parties but that expired at the end of June. Maybe now the NHL owners will negotiate some kind of guideline for dealing with retired players in the next transfer agreement.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 pm

EvilDan wrote:

Well our payroll is up from previous years but still well below the cap. Leblanc (our almost new owner) said our payroll limit is $55M this year and will go up each year (assuming they don't lose a ton of money)
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:04 am

Yeah, we had to pick up Nystrom during the season just to get to the cap FLOOR. And we didn't retain any of the players. From the 2011-2012 season, we have 3 players still here, and a couple of those won't be here after this season because they are old with big contracts. So that would leave us with Jamie Benn being the only player still here.

The KHL thing is interesting. Our 10th pick, Nichushkin, has a "verbal" agreement letting him out of his contract with Dynamo to play in the NHL. However, he is expected to go back to Russia rather than play in the AHL. So I expect him to make the roster, be paired up with Gonchar, and then see what happens.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:53 am

Nice to see the Bergeron extension done. He's the next captain of the Bruins once Chara retires and I hope to see #37 in the rafters one day. Hard to believe he's already been with the franchise for about a decade (He'll be 28 in a couple of weeks). 8 years is a long contract for someone with a bit of a concussion history though...

Edit: I actually may be more surprised that he's only just turning 28. Feels like he's been around for a long time, which he has. 6.5 cap hit is nice if the cap goes up as planned. I just hope it goes up enough after next season or things will be pretty damn tight.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:49 pm

I knew something had to happen there because he was getting paid over $1M less than Seguin, and he's obviously the more valuable player (at this time). Initially, I was surprised at the rate, but then I saw the term.

And it came out today that the Stars were trying to trade up for Nichushkin (in the top 5) and couldn't get it done. And he fell into our laps at 10. Even if he turns out to be a bust, he's very low-risk. No matter what the media says. He's not a huge investment, and it's short-term. Or maybe the risk is that he's as good as his ceiling and we have to pay a fuck-load for him in 3 years. Either way, what had other teams nervous seems to make the Stars very confident in his future.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Schedule is out and the Bruins visit Glendale on a Saturday! Works out beautifully. :belly:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:30 pm

I am seriously THRILLED with the Yotes schedule! Filled up my 21 game plan will almost all Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. OW OW AWOOOOOOOO!
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:07 am

I was going through Lighning and Panthers schedule to see if they play at home the week before the cruise.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 Lightning Hurricanes - this is shit since we arrive in Miami on Satruday and won't come around to Tampa till Wednesday / Thursday

obviously, this makes me pissed of, but then, checking Panthers schedule, this little gem pops up:

Mon Jan 20, 2014 Panthers Penguins !!!!!! FUCK YEAH I will make plans so I go see the Pens!!!!!

The other two Panthers options are more or less *MEH* for me:

Tue Jan 21, 2014 Panthers Sabres
    Sun Jan 26, 2014 Panthers Red Wings

So, basically, the Pens game is what I'm most looking for now (that and Universal in Orlando :D ).
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Why Jagr went for Devils is beyond me. If they manage to get to play offs they will most likely face round 1 elimination. And I doubt Devils were the only club trying to get Jagr's service.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:10 pm

NuuX wrote:Why Jagr went for Devils is beyond me. If they manage to get to play offs they will most likely face round 1 elimination. And I doubt Devils were the only club trying to get Jagr's service.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is why
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    NuuX wrote:Why Jagr went for Devils is beyond me. If they manage to get to play offs they will most likely face round 1 elimination. And I doubt Devils were the only club trying to get Jagr's service.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is why

But I never understood this. He's 41. Doesn't he have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$^100532? I really never understood sportsmen in this regard. It doesn't matter what sport, it always seems the same. A franchise player who proclaims his love for club etc. would rather go somewhere else for let's say $5m per year instead of staying in his beloved club for $4.5m. Seriously, when you earn $5m per year for let's say 10 years, do the 500k really matter that much?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 pm

You know, Jagr is just looking to play hockey on a team that wants to pay him, which is fine by me. The guy has paid his dues and will surely be a hall of famer when the time comes.

In the meantime, I think the Preds defense is stronger than ever if that's possible. Pekka has got his hips fixed, we've finally got a replacement for the traitor, and for offense if we can stay healthy we may have potential up front, can't wait for opening night!!!
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 am

shaneos wrote:You know, Jagr is just looking to play hockey on a team that wants to pay him, which is fine by me. The guy has paid his dues and will surely be a hall of famer when the time comes.

In the meantime, I think the Preds defense is stronger than ever if that's possible. Pekka has got his hips fixed, we've finally got a replacement for the traitor, and for offense if we can stay healthy we may have potential up front, can't wait for opening night!!!

If it's the same hip surgery Tim Thomas had, Pekka is going to be an absolute wall. :shock:

I don't really have a problem with Jagr going to the highest bidder (though we don't know who the highest bidder was this time). Especially since he's only getting one year deals for the rest of his career. He probably sees the chance for a lot of ice time with the Devils too. If they end up having a rough year, he'll just get traded to a contender for draft picks/prospects and chase the cup again. :lol:
Post Reply 4979 posts