Post Reply 4979 posts
Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2012 race for the cup!!

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Very observant for a non-fan Kate. They have one of (if not THE) best records in the league since January 01. I'd kill to be able to see Canuck games at the cost they let you in for down there. You really should be going every weekend!

Wow! didn't know that! I think we're gonna see them next weekend. Hell, if it's fun it could be come more of a routine thing, while we still have a team here.

Sweet!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Back-to-back Hat Tricks!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger:

Keep it up and ya might even put a scare into Nuux?

How the hell did you BOTH get the freaking Laffs over Chicago last night? I was :shock:

Hmmm. Don't remember picking that way. Maybe I accidentally clicked the wrong button :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Hell, if it's fun it could be come more of a routine thing, while we still have a team here.

I'm sure you'll have a blast especially with Ryan at your side bringing his No'Rearstern fan flavour to the rink. Expect lots of odd stares from the Phoenix faithful I'm sure :lol:

But that would be cool if you got into hockey. It would strengthen your romantic life AND you'd be here more often in one of the few threads I still follow with any kind of regularity hehe :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Hell, if it's fun it could be come more of a routine thing, while we still have a team here.

I'm sure you'll have a blast especially with Ryan at your side bringing his No'Rearstern fan flavour to the rink. Expect lots of odd stares from the Phoenix faithful I'm sure :lol:

But that would be cool if you got into hockey. It would strengthen your romantic life AND you'd be here more often in one of the few threads I still follow with any kind of regularity hehe :P

Too bad the B's ain't playing out there. Then we'd really get some funny looks :twisted:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

:lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:. You need to follow all of the threads more!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:27 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

:lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:. You need to follow all of the threads more!

I think I'll be more embarrassed when she jumps up and yells "Touchdown!" after someone scores.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:30 pm

I would never use pseudo football terms. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

would be more accurate :cool:
    Last edited by KDibildeaux on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I would never use pseudo football terms. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

would be more accurate :cool:

Very true. Crazy Meheecan
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 pm

KDibildeaux wrote::lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:.

Get yerself a nice seat ten rows up at centre ice and stash the loudmout away up in the nosebleeds... He'll probably still be annoying from there ;) (you know I love ya Ryan aight?)

KDibildeaux wrote:You need to follow all of the threads more!

Working days, running, dating, guitar lessons and general decrease in times chained to keyboard make this impossible. 3 of 4 subforums currently showing 2 or 3 pages of red/unread threads. Might catch up in mid-April when I take a week off work lol

• NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Back-to-back Hat Tricks!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger:

Keep it up and ya might even put a scare into Nuux?

How the hell did you BOTH get the freaking Laffs over Chicago last night? I was :shock:

No chance, I also have back-to-back HTs :) /highfives mooyagi

And I picked Chicago the other night and they won 5-4. I even picked CANUCKS last night!!! *shudder*

:D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 am

Yeah, while chatting with Ryan and Kate tonight I realized I was messed up on the previous night's results. Chicago won and was the only point I got that night. Much like Vancouver last night lol

And, btw Nuux, Way To Freaking RUN AWAY with it all in the home stretch. Totally putting distance between yourself and anyone with a hope in hell of making a late push. Plz stop now k thanks! ;)

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am

AS I don't really follow hockey at all....I was given two free tickets and a parking pass to the Coyotes game for yesterday...and gave them to my buddy who LOVES hockey....him and his girl went and were very thankful :o).....just thought I couldnt go another minute without sharing that with you...(just an excuse to post in this thread ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:04 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote::lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:.

Get yerself a nice seat ten rows up at centre ice and stash the loudmout away up in the nosebleeds... He'll probably still be annoying from there ;)

If she's within range, many things will be flying from the balcony towards her seat :P

debborah1 wrote:AS I don't really follow hockey at all....I was given two free tickets and a parking pass to the Coyotes game for yesterday...and gave them to my buddy who LOVES hockey....him and his girl went and were very thankful :o).....just thought I couldnt go another minute without sharing that with you...(just an excuse to post in this thread ;)

Funny, we were originally thinking of going to that game. Looks like the Flames won so glad we missed out :lol: Also, that game was not on TV anywhere, even in Arizona. The fuck is up with that? No wonder nobody follows the Coyotes. Can't watch all their games even when in the market :roll:

NuuX wrote:No chance, I also have back-to-back HTs :) /highfives mooyagi

And I picked Chicago the other night and they won 5-4. I even picked CANUCKS last night!!! *shudder*

:D

Make it back-to-back-to-back for me! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: I think I've matched my hat trick total this week that I had for all of 2012 up to that point. Back in the game!
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:And, btw Nuux, Way To Freaking RUN AWAY with it all in the home stretch. Totally putting distance between yourself and anyone with a hope in hell of making a late push. Plz stop now k thanks! ;)

OK, I'll ask my girlfriend for predictions again. The night before two HTs in a row I asked her for picks and I got shut out ;)

And it's a good chance I'll miss on HT tonight, one trick question there :)
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Get yerself a nice seat ten rows up at centre ice and stash the loudmout away up in the nosebleeds... He'll probably still be annoying from there ;) (you know I love ya Ryan aight?)

Hahah good idea!

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:You need to follow all of the threads more!

Working days, running, dating, guitar lessons and general decrease in times chained to keyboard make this impossible. 3 of 4 subforums currently showing 2 or 3 pages of red/unread threads. Might catch up in mid-April when I take a week off work lol

Boo!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

debborah1 wrote:AS I don't really follow hockey at all....I was given two free tickets and a parking pass to the Coyotes game for yesterday...and gave them to my buddy who LOVES hockey....him and his girl went and were very thankful :o).....just thought I couldnt go another minute without sharing that with you...(just an excuse to post in this thread ;)

You should join us next weekend for the game!
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 pm

NuuX wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:And, btw Nuux, Way To Freaking RUN AWAY with it all in the home stretch. Totally putting distance between yourself and anyone with a hope in hell of making a late push. Plz stop now k thanks! ;)

OK, I'll ask my girlfriend for predictions again. The night before two HTs in a row I asked her for picks and I got shut out ;)

And it's a good chance I'll miss on HT tonight, one trick question there :)

Seriously man, lol. I have'nt had a HT in a couple of weeks. 5 is going to be hard to make up, assuming I get going, in which case my goal is to finish ahead of Rob :twisted:
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 pm

shaneos wrote:...in which case my goal is to finish ahead of Rob :twisted:

Yeah, interestingly enough, my goal is just to catch you haha

Well, that and to not be caught by anyone for total points overall. I know it's about the HT's but I've maintained a degree of pride for being the King of 2 for 3's :lol:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am

And despite my desire to pass you en route to maybe, possibly, somehow fluking out and making up ground on Nuux, I wish you good luck in getting a HT tomorrow as all good metalhead hockey fans deserve hat tricks on their birthdays!! :headbanger:

shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:43 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:And despite my desire to pass you en route to maybe, possibly, somehow fluking out and making up ground on Nuux, I wish you good luck in getting a HT tomorrow as all good metalhead hockey fans deserve hat tricks on their birthdays!! :headbanger:

Cheers Rob, It would be nice if that's all it took :beerwink:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    shaneos wrote:...in which case my goal is to finish ahead of Rob :twisted:

Yeah, interestingly enough, my goal is just to catch you haha

Well, that and to not be caught by anyone for total points overall. I know it's about the HT's but I've maintained a degree of pride for being the King of 2 for 3's :lol:

I'm gaining grounds on that, only 2 points behind now :P

And I totaly blew my HT yesterday by going with Washington. Didn't expect Devils to win, less alone blow Caps away.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:02 am

The streak is broken :cry: Got 2 out of 3 last night.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Bruins just lost to Islanders at home *snicker*

The commentators did say the third NY goal was a bit controversial and on top of that great stick save by Nabokov in last 10 seconds of the game.

Though schedule coming up for Bruins now, playing every second day except the last week of March when they have two off days to get their butts to the west coast.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:59 pm

NuuX wrote:Bruins just lost to Islanders at home *snicker*

The commentators did say the third NY goal was a bit controversial and on top of that great stick save by Nabokov in last 10 seconds of the game.

Though schedule coming up for Bruins now, playing every second day except the last week of March when they have two off days to get their butts to the west coast.

Didn't see the game, just the score. Losing to the Islanders? Really? Yeah, they've had an easy ass schedule so far. Lots of off time, which I thought was pretty weird, so now they have to make up for it.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Shit, looks like Tuukka Rask got hurt too. Hope it's not a bad injury, he was primed for a lot more playing time with the upcoming schedule.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Looks like Rask is out 4-6 weeks, which sucks. Anybody ready for the Marty Turco era in Boston?* :lol:

*Assuming he clears waivers first
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:39 am

Turco was playing for Red Bull Salzburg (the richest, the biggest and msot hated club in EBEL (league with Austrian, Slovenian, Croatian, Hungarian and Slovak teams). They went out in the first round of play offs. Everyone rejoiced. I am also happy to say that my team entered semi-finals with an average player age of 23.2 and they barely managed to make three offensive and three defensive line-ups due to injuries. The opponents (Hungarian champions which consist mainly of Hungarian national squad with an addition of a bunch of Canadians) injured our goalie in 5th game so the burden of being the last man fell on shoulders of a 20 year-old inexperienced goalie. Needless to say, his brave goaltending was one of the reason we are now in the semis!!!!

But enough about boring Euro hockey nobody cares about - good job to all HTers. I flunked on the 6 goal question :oops:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 am

NuuX wrote:...good job to all HTers. I flunked on the 6 goal question :oops:

Close one though. If not for that 3rd period outburst, most of us would've gone 2/3 and you would've extended your lead even further :shock:

Gratz on your Euro team's success too! :headbanger:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 am

NuuX wrote:Turco was playing for Red Bull Salzburg (the richest, the biggest and msot hated club in EBEL (league with Austrian, Slovenian, Croatian, Hungarian and Slovak teams). They went out in the first round of play offs.

Sounds like a Turco team. :lol: Luckily he's ineligible to play in the playoffs this season because he's joining a team too late. Gratz on your team's success.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:06 am

Turco received 21 goals in 6 games, which is a lot with a team that supposedly has best defense and offense. :D

My team played first semi final game last night away at #1 seed. They went a goal behind in 56. and at the end lost 2:4 due to empty netter. But things are looking better, only 6 players left on injury list (they started playoffs with 9 on injury list).

Congrats to Rob for back-to-back HTs. I was hoping for Blackhawks to continue their winning strak and just fill Halak with shots so he would make 28 saves, but at the end they only mustered 20 shots. Another 2/3.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:18 am

NuuX wrote:Turco received 21 goals in 6 games, which is a lot with a team that supposedly has best defense and offense. :D

He's really only a stopgap to help rest Thomas as the team prepares for the playoffs. I'd actually rather see them give one of the players from Providence (AHL) a chance for the 5 or 6 games that he'll end up playing.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    NuuX wrote:Turco received 21 goals in 6 games, which is a lot with a team that supposedly has best defense and offense. :D

He's really only a stopgap to help rest Thomas as the team prepares for the playoffs. I'd actually rather see them give one of the players from Providence (AHL) a chance for the 5 or 6 games that he'll end up playing.

This is what I don't get about the whole thing. So, if Thomas goes down in the playoffs, who do the Bruins throw in net then?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:38 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

This is what I don't get about the whole thing. So, if Thomas goes down in the playoffs, who do the Bruins throw in net then?

Rask is out 4-6 weeks so it is possible that he'd be back in time for them. Turco is ineligible to play in the playoffs because he's joining a team after the deadline (meaning they wouldn't be able to sign any goalie, I think). I don't know what the rule is on calling up minor league players but if they can (and I believe at least one has already been on the roster, even for a day so may be eligible) they may call up a goalie from the Providence Bruins of the AHL.

The Turco thing is really confusing to me. Why pay to bring in a washed up guy for only 5-6 games instead of giving one of your prospects a shot? Hell, if a prospect performs well maybe he becomes trade bait in the offseason. Do they really think Turco would give them that much better a chance of winning?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 pm

It looks like it might actually be that just those who are signed from outside the league are ineligible for the playoffs, so they may be able to find someone else off the scrap heap if Tuukka is unable to go. Of course none of it matters if Timmy stays healthy ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Looks like Anton Khudobin, the Providence #1 goalie would have been called up and Turco never would have been signed, but he's got a wrist injury. That explains the need to find a backup I guess.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:39 am

What is this "wave" I read about that Turco has to pass in order to play for Bruins?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 am

NuuX wrote:What is this "wave" I read about that Turco has to pass in order to play for Bruins?

"Waivers" is a labor management procedure by which an NHL team makes a professional ice hockey player’s contract and rights available to all other NHL teams. The term refers to the term that other NHL teams 'waive' any claim to a player designated for assignment, re-entry from minor leagues or designated for release. The process is typically referred to as 'being placed on waivers.'

Return waivers

Players who play ice hockey outside of North America during a regular season and who are not on loan from a NHL club must also be placed on waivers if they are signed to play in the NHL. If the player is picked up by another NHL club on waivers, the player must be placed on waivers again before a further trade or loan can take place
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 am

He's cleared waivers and has joined the team. It was funny. Reportedly he was standing on the ice, or close to it just waiting for the Bruins GM to give him the OK to join practice if he cleared. :lol:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 am

Bad yesterday for my hockey :(

First my team loses home game in the semis in OT to fall 0:2 behind and then Ovechkin scores a winner in OT denying me a HT. :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm

NuuX wrote:Bad yesterday for my hockey :(

First my team loses home game in the semis in OT to fall 0:2 behind and then Ovechkin scores a winner in OT denying me a HT. :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

I too was denied by that goal but at least my home team bumped their slump and squeaked out a win vs the Jets :?

Post Reply 4979 posts