Post Reply 299 posts
Bucket Lists
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Bucket Lists

by Rab » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:33 am

I got a bunch of goals i want to accomplish some time soon some weird some awesome

1. Take a fencing lession or 2
    2. Ride in a helicopter
    3. visit gothenburg sweden
    4. work with another wicked producer on one of the other northern storm releases im thinking maybe asking Devin Townsend for adytum
    5. finish and release one Antiquity Night album (thats happening soon)
    6. Buy a house so i can make the house that metal built
    7. Loose enough weight to appreshate my metal shirts again
    8. quit my job working at PSI (this is the day i reach zen)
    9. get another photo of mine published
    10. Take a photo of something i find majestic
    11. learn bat out of hell on a piano
    12. learn to tie my shoes (i seriously cant)
    13. take a vacation that has nothing at all to do with metal
    14. Read the Qu'ran
    15. boating sometime this summer even if im just on a ship for a day
    16. shoot a video for a story board i have written
    17. go back to chicago
    18. go to vegas
    20. i want to make sure that if i were to die tomorrow i would be ready to go with saying goodbye to everyone who mattered to me. a little bleak but none of this is built to last be prepaired for anything i could walk out of this building and be hit by a car very unlikly but it can happen
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:13 am

the last one is a pretty good one, I think
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Rab wrote:11. learn bat out of hell on a piano

WIN.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:12 pm

OMG! Dibs on Bat Out Of Hell for karaoke!!!!

Rab, you can back me up on air piano! :D
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Ravenlord wrote:OMG! Dibs on Bat Out Of Hell for karaoke!!!!

Ahhhh can I do it with you can I do it with you can I do it with you pleeeeease??!?!?! :oops:

(get your head out of the gutters you lot :P )
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Rab wrote:I got a bunch of goals i want to accomplish some time soon some weird some awesome

1. Take a fencing lession or 2

Fencing is fun, I've been at it about 15 years now.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:22 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Ahhhh can I do it with you can I do it with you can I do it with you pleeeeease??!?!?! :oops:

Yes Yes Yes :D
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Admit it Paul, after the Journey "incident" you just want to prove your vocal superiority don't you.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 pm

"incident"? I seem to remember Journey going pretty well. Now I'm getting worried.

There's quite a few blank spots in my memory from throughout the cruise and I worry about (and can't be held responsible for) what happen in those times :D
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Ravenlord wrote:"incident"? I seem to remember Journey going pretty well. Now I'm getting worried.

There's quite a few blank spots in my memory from throughout the cruise and I worry about (and can't be held responsible for) what happen in those times :D

I was referring more towards Marlo and how she sounded like a raspy old man when she was trying to sing.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Inquisitor wrote:I was referring more towards Marlo and how she sounded like a raspy old man when she was trying to sing.

Doesn't she always sound like that? I thought that was what got Ryan all wet n' fluttery about her :lol:

creating and nurturing long lasting friendships wherever I go
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm

She only sounds like that before she has her morning coffee :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 pm

mooyagi wrote:She only sounds like that before she has her morning coffee :P

lay off the cancer sticks and she might sound "dainty" one of these days ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:She only sounds like that before she has her morning coffee :P

If she keeps listening to power metal and lays off the cancer sticks she might sound "dainty" one of these days ;)

I agree! :cheers:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Well I couldn't hear anything of her vocals from my side of the karaoke. Probably for the best :P .

But next year Marlo! you better sing the crap out of the other side of the boat! Put us non-smokers to shame!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:09 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:I was referring more towards Marlo and how she sounded like a raspy old man when she was trying to sing.

Doesn't she always sound like that? I thought that was what got Ryan all wet n' fluttery about her :lol:

creating and nurturing long lasting friendships wherever I go

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:47 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

I totally am down like a clown
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 am

MadameLePink wrote:Actually it was the 20th anniversary this year and they had 280 bands instead of the usual 175 :) There is also a group called Americans in Leipzig that usually meet up every year, if you want to get in touch with people from your part of the world going. We will be going and you are welcome to tag along anytime you want. We have quite a few friends that go every year and that we only see there even if we live in the same city! It's always a big party and there's so much to do and see :D

Btw I suggest that you book your hotel during the summer already (you can always cancel if you don't go) because the good cheap rooms go very quickly, there are lots of regulars and they book their room as soon as they get home from the festival. We usually stay at Novotel which is just in front of the station and very close to many of the clubs and smaller venues. This year we stayed at Penta hotel though, which was really good and still very close to everything and many metal bands were staying there as well :mrgreen: I think we'll try to book there again.

Another cool thing to do is to arrive one or two days before the festival and just experience the town fill up with people in black. There's a very special atmosphere that you don't find at any other festival :)

So....I just went online to finally look into booking a hotel in Leipzig for Wave-Gotik-Treffen http://www.wave-gotik-treffen.de/english/info.php (May 25-28, 2012)....and the hotels you mentioned, the Novotel and the Penta, are already filled! Was able to book a good place for checking in on May 24 and out on May 29, though. Will wait to book my rt Chicago-Berlin until the fall and plan to spend at least a few days in Berlin before or after. So glad I found out about this fest because of you Laura (MadameLePink)! Sounds (and looks) so awesome and less than a year away! :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:59 am

Laura wrote:So....I just went online to finally look into booking a hotel in Leipzig for Wave-Gotik-Treffen http://www.wave-gotik-treffen.de/english/info.php (May 25-28, 2012)....and the hotels you mentioned, the Novotel and the Penta, are already filled! Was able to book a good place for checking in on May 24 and out on May 29, though. Will wait to book my rt Chicago-Berlin until the fall and plan to spend at least a few days in Berlin before or after. So glad I found out about this fest because of you Laura (MadameLePink)! Sounds (and looks) so awesome and less than a year away! :D

Already fully booked? Oh my... Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to start looking for a deal very soon! Which hotel will you be staying at?
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:13 am

Btw I went on Pentahotels website and I guess they are not taking reservations for next year yet. It looks like it's only possible to book rooms for 2011, all dates in 2012 are not reservable at the moment. You got me very worried there for a second :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:18 am

MadameLePink wrote:Btw I went on Pentahotels website and I guess they are not taking reservations for next year yet. It looks like it's only possible to book rooms for 2011, all dates in 2012 are not reservable at the moment. You got me very worried there for a second :lol:

A big d'oh on my part :lol: :lol: .....I went on Expedia (where I book most of my travel arrangements) and there were many hotels listed available for Leipzig for those dates, but the Penta and Novotel are listed as "no rooms available for the selected dates" - I just assumed that meant they were booked already since you said the popular hotels book up well in advance. (as they do for Wacken - no campin' for me! :lol: ) The place I booked sounds nice and for a decent price imo - the room even has its own sauna - lol - I'll pm you the info. There's no cancellation fee up till like 48 hours in advance, so I figured I'd reserve it to have something confirmed. :beerwink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 am

Laura wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Btw I went on Pentahotels website and I guess they are not taking reservations for next year yet. It looks like it's only possible to book rooms for 2011, all dates in 2012 are not reservable at the moment. You got me very worried there for a second :lol:

A big d'oh on my part :lol: :lol: .....I went on Expedia (where I book most of my travel arrangements) and there were many hotels listed available for Leipzig for those dates, but the Penta and Novotel are listed as "no rooms available for the selected dates" - I just assumed that meant they were booked already since you said the popular hotels book up well in advance. (as they do for Wacken - no campin' for me! :lol: ) The place I booked sounds nice and for a decent price imo - the room even has its own sauna - lol - I'll pm you the info. There's no cancellation fee up till like 48 hours in advance, so I figured I'd reserve it to have something confirmed. :beerwink:

Yeah, some people usually book directly at the hotel before they leave, so the cheapest rooms are always gone by the end of the summer. But I usually wait until august/september so all hotels have their rates online. I went to Novotel's website too and they actually have rooms available, but I think they are way too expensive (159 euro). In the past we used to get a room for 69 or 79 euro, but their prices have increased so much lately!
    A room with private sauna sounds great btw :mrgreen:

Beer and bananas!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 pm

gnoff wrote:
    Laura wrote:the room even has its own sauna - lol -

Cool!
    Can I stay in your room? :lol:

:viking: :P
    Since I've only been in a few saunas in my life, I think I'll definitely use it!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Realized last week that I'd sort of forgotten an old bucket list thing from when I was younger which was to own a motorbike and travel all around on it.

So, decided shortly afterward that I'm gonna start saving and own one by the spring of next year and spend my vacation days seeing lots of North America, visiting some of you fine folks and entering running events all over the place. :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:38 pm

:headbanger: Very cool!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Realized last week that I'd sort of forgotten an old bucket list thing from when I was younger which was to own a motorbike and travel all around on it.

So, decided shortly afterward that I'm gonna start saving and own one by the spring of next year and spend my vacation days seeing lots of North America, visiting some of you fine folks and entering running events all over the place. :headbanger:

That's awesome! Can't wait to see ya on that trip
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:54 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Realized last week that I'd sort of forgotten an old bucket list thing from when I was younger which was to own a motorbike and travel all around on it.

It's definitely very good for your state of mind. You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office. :cool:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:26 am

Nice thread.
    I don't actually have any bucket lists. Yes, there are lots of places I want to travel to, but I don't think of them as something I "have to do".
    Having said that, there is one thing I've wanted to do for a long time now, and it is something I'm going to do. Some day.

I want to go to the US and buy me a nice, modern muscle car (Camaro, Mustang, Challenger...). I know, American muscle cars aren't that modern, but I mean these models that are made after 2000. Sure, classic cars from the 60's are much nicer looking, but I want a "modern" car.
    So, after I buy the car, I want to go and drive across the continent and back (say, start from Florida and drive to California and on to Canada and finally to New York) and have the car shipped to Finland. That's my dream.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 am

Memnoch wrote:Nice thread.
    I don't actually have any bucket lists. Yes, there are lots of places I want to travel to, but I don't think of them as something I "have to do".
    Having said that, there is one thing I've wanted to do for a long time now, and it is something I'm going to do. Some day.

I want to go to the US and buy me a nice, modern muscle car (Camaro, Mustang, Challenger...). I know, American muscle cars aren't that modern, but I mean these models that are made after 2000. Sure, classic cars from the 60's are much nicer looking, but I want a "modern" car.
    So, after I buy the car, I want to go and drive across the continent and back (say, start from Florida and drive to California and on to Canada and finally to New York) and have the car shipped to Finland. That's my dream.

That sounds like it would be amazing. What's even better is that through forums like this almost no matter where you go you will have people to hang out with and show you the sites. If you come to Calgary we have a good group that wouldn't hesitate to take you out to:
    :shots: :3cheers: :smash: :horns2: :wank:
    ...ok maybe not that last one
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Nice thread.

That sounds like it would be amazing. What's even better is that through forums like this almost no matter where you go you will have people to hang out with and show you the sites. If you come to Calgary we have a good group that wouldn't hesitate to take you out to:
    :shots: :3cheers: :smash: :horns2: :wank:
    ...ok maybe not that last one

Yeah, it would be great to get to meet some metalheads along the way. I'm all for driving alone, but it would be great to meet some locals.

And I agree, a group wank with Calgarian metalheads might be a bit too much. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Memnoch, that sounds like a lot of fun. I rented a newer Dodge Charger my last trip I made to Boston and it was a fun ride. I also spent a month with a Mustang Convertible too the Charger was a better ride but the convertible was great in its own way.

A cross country road trip is also on my bucket list. I actually plan on doing one at the end of September as I'm saying "Fuck California" and heading back to New England in about 5 or 6 weeks. I can't wait.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Cool! I want to travel the US (for now) for photography purposes. I'm thinking Portland, Oregon for my 3 day weekend in September, and maybe the East Coast sometime in the fall
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm

KDibildox wrote:Cool! I want to travel the US (for now) for photography purposes. I'm thinking Portland, Oregon for my 3 day weekend in September, and maybe the East Coast sometime in the fall

Make it all the way up to New England in the fall! That way I can creep on you in person :cool:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:22 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Cool! I want to travel the US (for now) for photography purposes. I'm thinking Portland, Oregon for my 3 day weekend in September, and maybe the East Coast sometime in the fall

Make it all the way up to New England in the fall! That way I can creep on you in person :cool:

:lol: New England would be awesome, me thinks........ though Maryland may be more probable, due to having family. Plus........ I'd be afraid of you in person :lol: . Marlo would then kick my ass! and I quite like the girl :mrgreen:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

:lol: New England would be awesome, me thinks........ though Maryland may be more probable, due to having family. Plus........ I'd be afraid of you in person :lol: . Marlo would then kick my ass! and I quite like the girl :mrgreen:

:lol: Thanks dudette :D :bangers:

Don't worry, it would be Ryan who would pay that price. I need to learn the art of jedi mind castration for such purposes :wank:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:36 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Make it all the way up to New England in the fall! That way I can creep on you in person :cool:

Don't worry, it would be Ryan who would pay that price. I need to learn the art of jedi mind castration for such purposes :wank:

No problem! and :lol: :lol: :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Make it all the way up to New England in the fall! That way I can creep on you in person :cool:

She's gonna have to run into me on the boat, so why not have her come up and get a quick taste beforehand so she's prepared?

Also, darling, I think it's me that has the Jedi powers. I did convince you to end up with me. :D
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh boy :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:43 pm

mooyagi wrote:Also, darling, I think it's me that has the Jedi powers. I did convince you to end up with me. :D

Aww Mooyagi, that's kind of cute! :lol:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Fatum11 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Also, darling, I think it's me that has the Jedi powers. I did convince you to end up with me. :D

Aww Mooyagi, that's kind of TRUE! :lol:

Fixed! :wank:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
Post Reply 299 posts