Post Reply 298 posts
Bucket Lists
  • Laura
    Commander

Bucket Lists

by Laura » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm

I’ve been thinking about starting this thread for quite awhile now and was finally inspired to do so because of the “derailment posts” today (in particular the mention of Metalcamp) on Hector’s Hellfest 2011 thread. So, here goes….as I’ve blathered here and there on this forum lately…. I always think it’s a great idea to have bucket lists, wish lists, plans, goals….whatever you want to call them, even if they seem a bit far-fetched. I have many of these (like ShoreSlayer Rob, I like lists!) in various categories – having to do with everything from family to travel to education to music to work to hobbies and so on.

For brevity’s sake and since music festivals have been forefront in my mind in particular since the cruise…I’ll stick with that topic for now. When I thought really hard about this, there are only four that I really want to do at least once in my life that I haven't done already, which I think is a very manageable number considering I’m giving myself a 15 year period to do them. There are several others I wouldn't mind going to of course - but at this point, these are my must-do's. If I put a range of years – it’s because I’d like to do the fest somewhere in that time frame. I’d like to go on the metal cruise every year if it happens, but that’s a wait and see if it truly becomes an annual event. ;)

A few I’ve already done and/or are already firmly planned are:
    2009: Wacken, Germany http://www.wacken.com/
    2010: Wacken, Germany
    2011: 70K Tons of Metal Cruise! http://www.70000tons.com/
    2011: Hole in the Sky, Bergen, Norway (August) http://www.holeinthesky.no/ - bought air and fest tickets a few days ago

Music Festival Bucket List:

2012: 70K Tons of Metal Cruise!

2012: Metalcamp, Slovenia http://www.metalcamp.com/

2013-2014: Nearfest, Pennsylvania (progressive rock) http://www.nearfest.com/#

2015-2018: Festival au Desert, Essakane, Mali, Africa (music of the Touareg people such as the band Tinariwen and more) http://www.festival-au-desert.org/

2019-2026: Bayreuth Festival, Germany (operas of Richard Wagner – very difficult to get tickets for this, but my parents went a few years ago and loved it – a must-do in their opinion) http://www.bayreuther-festspiele.de/eng ... h_156.html
    Last edited by Laura on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

Re: Bucket Lists

by DemonNIN » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:50 pm

My bucket list is short so far...one thing I want to do before I die is try snowboarding
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:39 pm

DemonNIN wrote:My bucket list is short so far...one thing I want to do before I die is try snowboarding

I love this! Mainly because it's something I'll probably never do.... It's more of a vicarious bucket list item then ;) (I failed miserably at skiing after several serious attempts in Park City, Utah where my sister lives half the year) - snowboarding attempts on my part would be quite laughable I'm sure! :roll: :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 pm

I can't say I have specific festivals that I need to do, because it's all about the BANDS that play on them. Maybe if I had some European festival experience I would be smitten with a certain one. But so far :

Metalcamp looks beautiful, so want to do that.
    Party San always seems to have the bands I like.
    Neurotic Deathfest just heard about this year, but it's indoors, so that takes away some of the "zing" for me
    Hellfest seems to have a great lineup the past few years

Bands I need to see are My Dying Bride, Madder Mortem, Artillery, Arkona, Bloodbath, and a few others. MDB & MM being my main priorities at this moment.

I plan to do the cruise every year as that seemed like the perfect environment, too many creature comforts.

I see a bunch of stuff on your list Laura that I never heard of, so I'll probably overload you with questions in the coming months/years. :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 pm

At the moment I would say that my list is pretty short, I'd like to do some of the more well known festivals, but it all depends on the bands that play.

I'd like to attend at least once:

Wacken
    Metalcamp
    MDF
    Hellfest
    Download
    And I plan on attending the cruise every year!

As far as bands go, I would love to see the following:
    Bloodbath
    Zyklon
    Before The Dawn
    MPE
    Unexpect
    Into Eternity
    Hypocrisy
    Eluveitie
    Vesania
    ATG
    Negura Bunget
    ReVamp
    Asmegin
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 am

My bucket list mainly just consists of travelling to anywhere I haven't been before. Usually it is based around the metal although I may change that rule soon since there are a lot of places I probably should see that would have no shows or festivals.

In relation to Metalcamp, anyone going or planning to go:

You have to try para-gliding from the mountains surrounding the festival. It is one of the greatest things I've ever done. Terrifying at first but it's so spectacular (the drive up the mountain was most terrifying). I came really close to not doing it but I'm so glad I did. They fly you over the festival too which is cool. It only cost €100 which I thought was a fair price.

Just thought I would give something for people to possibly add to their bucket lists.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 am

I'm with Peter on the traveling part. I wanted to experience Wacken, but nothing could compare to 70,000 Tons.

Other things:

See as many metal bands as possible! :shred:
    Write a scifi novel and get it published
    Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef
    Learn how to Surf
    Ride in a hot air balloon
    Mardi Gras in New Orleans
    Sturgis Bike Rally in Sturgis, SD
    Learn how to fence
    Spend a quiet girls' weekend in Sedona, AZ
    Go to a Schlitterbahn Water Park
    Go to the Everglades and the Florida Keys
    Go to 6 Flags Magic Mountain
    Yosemite National Park
    Swim in a cage with Great White Sharks off the coast of Mexico
    Travel to Tahiti and Bora Bora
    Travel to the UK
    Go to the Superbowl
    Carnivale in Rio de Janiero
    the Inca trail in Peru

Things I have done in the last two years:

go on a cruise (and what a cruise to choose!)
    ziplined over agave fields in Mexico
    parasailed in Hawaii
    swam with Leopard sharks at LaJolla, California
    swam with Dolphins in Mexico
    went to Mayan ruin Chichen Itza in Mexico

On a side note, did you guys see the movie, The Bucket List, with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? It was awesome, sad and inspiring!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:11 am

metalgoddess wrote:I'm with Peter on the traveling part.

add to your Bucket List, deciphering which Irish people you are talking to. ;)

Peter hasn't posted in this thread (yet) :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 am

KevinP wrote:

Peter has the sword with corpsepaint and i'm the horny wadin' one :lol:

(The name's Paul for those who didn't know)

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Peter has the sword with corpsepaint and i'm the horny wadin' one :lol:

(The name's Paul for those who didn't know)

Sorry, I knew that! :lol:

I was trying to hurry and finish before a running to meeting. Got alot on my mind this week. :?
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 am

As far as fests go,

Keep it True
    Up the Hammers
    Headbangers
    Progpower USA
    Metalcamp
    Hammer of Doom

and any small festival that brings in old-school heavy/power/USPM/doom/epic metal bands
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 am

I am all about this Europe summer of 2012 venture that people are talking about saving up for.....

other things on my bucket list:

hang out in Sweden with Gnoff
    visit the Netherlands, Norway, England (not all on same trip just countries i want to visit)
    hang out in Australia
    visit all 50 US states (11 to go)
    dance with everyone junior-high-school awkward style on the next 70000TOM
    sing with more rockstars

i don't know, i feel like i live the life i wanna live every day, and while it's super cool to plan out more stuff, i'm just so damned happy/fortunate/blessed etc. that if i did any of the above, all of the above, or none of the above i'd still be happy as hell. but i really still wanna do these things and i'm sure i'll make them all happen....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am

metalgoddess wrote:Sturgis Bike Rally in Sturgis, SD

THIS
    Definitely on my bucket list entitled random, wild events
    I've known about this ever since a high school friend went more than 30 years ago. He went every year after that for many years (and probably still does but we've lost touch) - he loved it! Ha - of course he's a biker and I'm not...but I think it would be a really wild and fun thing to experience nevertheless. And I love South Dakota! Hey, DragonLordJones is a biker type I believe - wonder if he's been!
    http://www.sturgis.com/
    metalgoddess wrote:On a side note, did you guys see the movie, The Bucket List, with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? It was awesome, sad and inspiring!

I know of the movie but have never seen it - may rent it this weekend! And speaking of bikers and Nicholson - I need to see Easy Rider again! One of my favorite movies ever!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 am

gnoff wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:other things on my bucket list:

hang out in Sweden with Gnoff

dance with everyone junior-high-school awkward style on the next 70000TOM

Yay I made a list!

And the dancing part has to be performed too :cool:

oh, you know we will be out on that karaoke dance floor in our matching attire. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:00 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    DemonNIN wrote:My bucket list is short so far...one thing I want to do before I die is try snowboarding

I love this! Mainly because it's something I'll probably never do.... It's more of a vicarious bucket list item then ;) (I failed miserably at skiing after several serious attempts in Park City, Utah where my sister lives half the year) - snowboarding attempts on my part would be quite laughable I'm sure! :roll: :lol:

NICE!...I take y sons snowboarding every year......am I "good" at it....not a chance!...but its fun as hell!....I spend most of my time on my ass....laughing hysterically and freezing....but I will keep practicing till I can shred the mountain! (as my boys say)....I even went so far as to purchase a "Butt Pad".....cuz I was so afraid I was going to end up doing permanant damage to my tailbone I was hitting so hard!..makes me chuckle just thinking about it...
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:03 pm

metalgoddess wrote:I'm with Peter on the traveling part. I wanted to experience Wacken, but nothing could compare to 70,000 Tons.

Other things:

See as many metal bands as possible! :shred:
    Write a scifi novel and get it published
    Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef
    Learn how to Surf
    Ride in a hot air balloon
    Mardi Gras in New Orleans
    Sturgis Bike Rally in Sturgis, SD
    Learn how to fence
    Spend a quiet girls' weekend in Sedona, AZ
    Go to a Schlitterbahn Water Park
    Go to the Everglades and the Florida Keys
    Go to 6 Flags Magic Mountain
    Yosemite National Park
    Swim in a cage with Great White Sharks off the coast of Mexico
    Travel to Tahiti and Bora Bora
    Travel to the UK
    Go to the Superbowl
    Carnivale in Rio de Janiero
    the Inca trail in Peru

Things I have done in the last two years:

go on a cruise (and what a cruise to choose!)
    ziplined over agave fields in Mexico
    parasailed in Hawaii
    swam with Leopard sharks at LaJolla, California
    swam with Dolphins in Mexico
    went to Mayan ruin Chichen Itza in Mexico

On a side note, did you guys see the movie, The Bucket List, with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? It was awesome, sad and inspiring!

Awww shit!!!....
    Lemme know what year you decide to do STURGIS.......I come from a biker bckground and have always wanted to do this!...Hell maybe Laura and I BOTH can join!! HOw exciting!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

since my lists for "new" festivals is empty - I'm going for tennis:
    I wanna attend each grand slam tournament at least once
    I've been to Roland Garros twice and might stop by at Wimbledon this year - but then there's still the US Open and the Australian Open...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 pm

gnoff wrote:Could've used ass protection myself on the party Saturday, think I almost broke my ass when I missed that chair, damn my little ass check is almost black.

Why am I talking about my ass again?

you must be an ASS MAN! skinny guys know where it's at! hahah! :lol: :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Could've used ass protection myself on the party Saturday, think I almost broke my ass when I missed that chair, damn my little ass check is almost black.

Why am I talking about my ass again?[/quote]
    Awwww Gnoff!....we feel sorry for your little black ass! :lol:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 pm

gnoff wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:Awwww Gnoff!....we feel sorry for your little black ass! :lol:

Someone should blow at it to make it better :D

you have just earned the title..."GNAUGHTY GNOFF"...lol....shame on you ;) :P
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:19 pm

That reminds me of a beaver for some reason.
    Maybe if it were spelled 'Gnawty'

Hrmmm.

Gnoff the bruised-butt beaver-esque bearded beer-afficionado??
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:21 pm

viathyn wrote:That reminds me of a beaver for some reason.

Hrmmm.

:lol: :lol: I concur!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:28 pm

AW hell no Gnoff!!.....Im gonna smack the black one.....no pain no gain ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:36 pm

gnoff wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:Awwww Gnoff!....we feel sorry for your little black ass! :lol:

Someone should blow at it to make it better :D

HAHAH! you do NOT wanna know what i thought of...very funny Gnawty Gnoff. ;)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:37 pm

gnoff wrote:
    viathyn wrote:That reminds me of a beaver for some reason.

Hrmmm.

Luckily since I'm not bearded any longer, and if the wind won't blow up my kilt to show my bruised butt, I can lurk around, unkown for my evil mind :twisted:

Lurkers are the MOST evil! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 pm

actually, the thread is not derailed. "bucket" is sort of an old-school old people nickname for butt here in the USA, so Bucket List = Butt list.

My Bucket/butt list - spank and/or grab:

Debb's Butt
    Gnoff's Tiny Butt
    Bleff Jack's Butt
    Amanda's Butt
    Jake's Butt (when woman not looking)
    Wallie's Tulip Butt
    other butts TBS (to be smacked)
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Aww I got demoted from the TBS list! haha.

Please check out my band

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 pm

viathyn wrote:Aww I got demoted from the TBS list! haha.

was thinkin = nevermind, woman will be at next cruise, better not. ok, i'll add you back, when your lady isn't looking!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 pm

gnoff wrote:yaaay, I made a butt list too :D

I'm way to nice to jgo around and grab or smack butts though, usually, unless I'm getting a bit too drunk, then anything goes :viking:

i am way too nice so i WILL smack butts! it's a wonderfully nice thing to do.

i was no where NEAR nice enough this past cruise... :cry: :cry:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 pm

rhiawiz wrote:

was thinkin = nevermind, woman will be at next cruise, better not. ok, i'll add you back, when your lady isn't looking!

S'okay, she'll probably just get Nick. haha.

Please check out my band

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:46 pm

viathyn wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

S'okay, she'll probably just get Nick. haha.

i would tell her to go for it. nick has a surprising set of buns for a skinny guy. it would be hilarious if everyone went for it...poor chap would be pretty miserable. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:49 pm

gnoff wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    gnoff wrote:yaaay, I made a butt list too :D

I'm way to nice to jgo around and grab or smack butts though, usually, unless I'm getting a bit too drunk, then anything goes :viking:

i am way too nice so i WILL smack butts! it's a wonderfully nice thing to do.

i was no where NEAR nice enough this past cruise... :cry: :cry:

Oh so it's nice to smack butts?
    Damn, I wasn't nice to anyone the whole cruise!

Can I use you as a referrence next time? :D

sure! you can try a few out on me, i'll give you some tips, and i'll set up some nice smacking opportunities for you w/others. i am a good wing-man like that! :mrgreen:
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:50 pm

rhiawiz wrote:actually, the thread is not derailed. "bucket" is sort of an old-school old people nickname for butt here in the USA, so Bucket List = Butt list.

My Bucket/butt list - spank and/or grab:

Debb's Butt
    Gnoff's Tiny Butt
    Bleff Jack's Butt
    Amanda's Butt
    Jake's Butt (when woman not looking)
    Wallie's Tulip Butt
    other butts TBS (to be smacked)

This is a great idea.....and I....I will be gently "cupping" said asses as they pass me by....including yours Rhia.....and add Jake, Scott, Nilay, (not Craig or Donn...as their women would KICK mine! lol, Robb...and and anyone else that crosses my path......thy will be "cupped"...but don't worry...you're in good hands...
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 pm

HAHAHAH! you are gonna be McCuppin' Queen on the ship!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:54 pm

rhiawiz wrote:HAHAHAH! you are gonna be McCuppin' Queen on the ship!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

McCuppin McQueen.....hmmmm I like that!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:57 pm

gnoff wrote:oh, oh, do me too!

OH I'll be a cuppin that black ass of urz all rite!...lmao! ;) :lol:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: on the butt derailment!!!
    too many butts, so little time

All I can say to you Debb is...
    STURGIS!!!! :cheers:

So cool you've wanted to do Sturgis too! I was looking at some pictures today - man it looks NUTS! :party: :twisted: And there's even a music component - this year Alice Cooper and Bachman Turner Overdrive are playing!!! :cool: How amazing and cool is THAT? :headbanger:

It takes place in August every year - I'm thinking I could do this with you in 2012 - although some of us have been talking about Metalcamp in 2012 (are you in? :beerwink: ), so I don't know if I could swing both in one summer....we'll see!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 pm

tyrwoman wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: on the butt derailment!!!

So cool you've wanted to do Sturgis too! I was looking at some pictures today - man it looks NUTS! :party: :twisted: And there's even a music component - this year Alice Cooper and Bachman Turner Overdrive are playing!!! :cool: How amazing and cool is THAT? :headbanger:

It takes place in August every year - I'm thinking I could do this with you in 2012 - although some of us have been talking about Metalcamp in 2012 (are you in? :beerwink: ), so I don't know if I could swing both in one summer....we'll see!

WEll lets definatley keep this on the back burner for now.....damn.....I LOVE Alice Cooper....of course he lives here in AZ...so I could see him at any time.....all the things I want to do before I die would overload this forum......I was meant to be very wealthy!!.....**que the money fairy**
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Wallie's Bucket List...hmm got to have some dreams

-70,000 Tons of Metal 2012
    -MetalCamp 2011/2012
    -whisky tasting in Scotland
    -visit Tibet
    -visit New Zealand and hit all the Lord of the Rings sets (I love the wide shots of the landscapes)
    -learn to play guitar (instead of Guitar Hero)
    -get over my fear of heights and jump out of an airplane with a parachute
    -get an ancient/great kilt
    -more 80's disco dancing at the 70k tons karaoke bar :D
    -out running Rhia so she can't smack my delicate Dutch tulip hiney...so I stay on her butt list :lol:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: on the butt derailment!!!

WEll lets definatley keep this on the back burner for now.....damn.....I LOVE Alice Cooper....of course he lives here in AZ...so I could see him at any time.....all the things I want to do before I die would
    overload this forum......I was meant to be very wealthy!!.....**que the money fairy**

Ha Debb! Like your comment about overloading the forum if you posted the ENTIRE contents of your bucket (list) here! :cheers: Same here! Re: the Sturgis Biker Extravaganza...I think I'm gonna back-burner that as well since, hell, it ain't goin' anywhere (been going on more than 70 years!) and :headbanger: Metalcamp 2012 :headbanger: is seriously calling my name! So....Sturgis moves to the 2013-2017 time slot.
    Re: your money comment.....I hear 'ya....but, remember when we talked about being queens of juggling all the parts of our busy lives? Well, I am queen of something else (and I imagine you are as well)....budgeting and prioritizing what I spend money on!!! Ha - I've rarely bought something not on sale, we drive a 15-year-old car, I bring my lunch to work, really don't have many possessions to speak
    of....well, you get the picture. ;) My bucket list is entirely filled with experiences, not stuff! :cheers:
Post Reply 298 posts